Author Topic: Heritage Foundation: Coronavirus Is the Chinese Government’s Curse Upon the World  (Read 2981 times)

Offline skeeter

NOBODY is at fault. The freaking VIRUS is at fault,and it is not human.

What I am REALLY pissed about are the alleged humans like the mayor of NYC celebrating this tragedy and using it as a political tool by blaming Trump for it. That's like blaming him for a hurricane.

They are nothing but shameless liars and crooks.

Thanks for your post @sneakypete

I give De Blasio more credit than many others of his type. At least he's being honest.

Dumb, but honest.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 ****slapping
I give De Blasio more credit than many others of his type. At least he's being honest.

Dumb, but honest.

@skeeter

He wouldn't recognize honest if it bit him on the ass.

Hell,honest would have a hard time figuring out where to bite him. He's ALL ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

****slapping
@skeeter

He wouldn't recognize honest if it bit him on the ass.

Hell,honest would have a hard time figuring out where to bite him. He's ALL ass.

While his soul mates are, for now, feigning support of POTUS, De Blasio is being true to himself, alright. A Lenny Small kind of honest.

He's too stupid to get with the program.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Well,you have been wrong before,and there is nothing keeping you from being wrong now.

To be accurate,you need to add RINO's to the list of political whores celebrating the virus. They probably hate Trump more than the Dims hate him.

Not me. I love my President.  I applaud his steady leadership since declaring a National Emergency, and his consistent message of unity...unlike someone who blames the NT's, then backtracks when embarrassingly called on it, and then doubles down in anger with the RINOs.  An ugly message that fails the leadership of our President, our Congress, and Governors, and all the people working so hard to save you from COVID-19 . A little gratitude is actually in order and when you get done thanking them for their life saving efforts, you may come back to me and thank me for telling you how it is @sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not me. I love my President.  I applaud his steady leadership since declaring a National Emergency, and his consistent message of unity...unlike someone who blames the NT's, then backtracks when embarrassingly called on it, and then doubles down in anger with the RINOs.  An ugly message that fails the leadership of our President, our Congress, and Governors, and all the people working so hard to save you from COVID-19 . A little gratitude is actually in order and when you get done thanking them for their life saving efforts, you may come back to me and thank me for telling you how it is @sneakypete

@Once-Ler

Sure thing.

Hold your breath for it to happen.

Offline skeeter

@Once-Ler

Sure thing.

Hold your breath for it to happen.

exhibit#1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
exhibit#1

@skeeter

Was that directed at me? If so,what is it supposed to mean?

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Was that directed at me? If so,what is it supposed to mean?

I was being a smartass, the comment was directed at @Once-Ler

Oh OK @skeeter .  what is it supposed to mean?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I prefer to just welcome an old friend back.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

I prefer to just welcome an old friend back.   :shrug:
Good Afternoon @Cyber Liberty   :seeya:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 22222frying pan

@skeeter

Ok,thanks.

Offline Absalom

Another post w/the usual suspects all over the place. Predictable.
Heritage is on the mark.
China owns this as the essence of their character has been
cheating, lying and stealing for the past 4000 years
Suppressing information to defenseless neighbors, to avoid
blame, is right in line w/typical Chinese behavior.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Another post w/the usual suspects all over the place. Predictable.
Heritage is on the mark.
China owns this as the essence of their character has been
cheating, lying and stealing for the past 4000 years

Suppressing information to defenseless neighbors, to avoid
blame, is right in line w/typical Chinese behavior.

@Absalom

You forgot mass murders of their own people.

They are some truly evil bastards.

BTW,nobody tell the Clinton and Bush crime families I am talking about their goombas.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:52:06 am by sneakypete »

Offline Absalom

History is Man's greatest teacher, as all that is required is patient observation and reflection.
One of the themes that emerged during this pandemic is an absurdity promoted by various           
Know-Nothings that China is a world power. If so, history should affirm it.
So let's take a journey, using the renowned 'Britannica' as our guide and source, commencing
in the 18th century, as tracking China back 4000 years would create a post stretching miles:
* In 1755, the Qianlong Emperor embezzled funds, earmarked for the expansion of the
Chinese Navy, for the purpose of combating rampant piracy in the South China Sea.
Instead he used the funds to build a Warship constructed of Italian Marble in a lagoon
within the Imperial Palace at Beijing that is still anchored today, having never moved an inch.
What a strategist huh?????
* In 1839 the 1st Opium War w/Great Britain began, resulting in the loss of Hong Kong
to the British.
* In 1850 the Taiping Rebellion commenced between the Qing Dynasty and Taipings.
* In 1856, the 2nd Opium War began resulting in Chinese defeat.
* In 1884, the Sino-French War started, ending in defeat for China.
* In 1884, the 1st Sino-Japanese War commenced, ending in crushing defeat for China.
* In 1899, the Boxer Rebellion began resulting in territorial loss for China.
* In 1903, Great Britain invaded Tibet from the Raj.
* In 1931, Japan invaded and conquered Manchuria.
* In 1937, the 2nd Sino-Japanese War commenced again ending in Chinese defeat.
This century of acute embarrassment resulted in a loss of life for tens of millions of
Chinese as well as massive internal disruption, the payment of staggering reparations
and a loss of their land/territory.
And it came to an end in 1949 w/Marxists such as Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai in power.
This is a legacy of nation/state failure and incompetence now in the hands of totalitarians.
Asserting that China is a world power is way beyond laughable.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:04:19 am by Absalom »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
History is Man's greatest teacher, as all that is required is patient observation and reflection.
One of the themes that has emerged during this pandemic is an absurdity promoted by
various that China is a world power. If so, history should affirm it.
So let's take a journey using the renowned 'Britannica' as our guide and source.
continued/

There's no reason to use 1931 as a gauge or whatever year, the Japanese invaded China. That seems to be the absurdity here, that we are using that history and that this involves war only.

Yes, this is a teaching moment, China largely lost the 1979 war to Vietnam (though, that is up to debate), since then, though, they are no longer a backward nation.

Ask Taiwan if they are a threat? Also, they are a big threat economically, to our economic wellbeing, stealing jobs. This isn't all about using tanks and missiles.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:18:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline DB

There's no reason to use 1931 as a gauge or whatever year, the Japanese invaded China. That seems to be the absurdity here, that we are using that history and that this involves war only.

Yes, this is a teaching moment, China largely lost the 1979 war to Vietnam (though, that is up to debate), since then, though, they are no longer a backward nation.

Ask Taiwan if they are a threat? Also, they are a big threat economically, to our economic wellbeing, stealing jobs. This isn't all about using tanks and missiles.

TomSea here is the reality:

The most recent per capita GDP in China is estimated at 8,730.00 USD.
The most recent per capita GDP in the USA is estimated at 54,541.70 USD.

That is more than 6 to 1. China is third world over most of its territory. China cannot project military power much past its shoreline.

Offline TomSea

China apparently has great pharmaceutical control to our drugs, I don't see how that is not a threat, as said, this is not so much about physical war, it's about economics, it's about spreading its influence.

Offline DB

China apparently has great pharmaceutical control to our drugs, I don't see how that is not a threat, as said, this is not so much about physical war, it's about economics, it's about spreading its influence.

Which will hopefully change after this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@TomSea

Precisely! The world has evolved since the 1950's. Military conquest is "soooo,YESTERDAY". It's about Economic Conquest these days.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
TomSea here is the reality:

The most recent per capita GDP in China is estimated at 8,730.00 USD.
The most recent per capita GDP in the USA is estimated at 54,541.70 USD.

That is more than 6 to 1. China is third world over most of its territory. China cannot project military power much past its shoreline.

@DB

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to compare per resident wealth in a police state to that of the typical citizens in the US?????

Offline TomSea

This is today's Wall Street Journal:
Marines Plan to Retool to Meet China Threat
Most sweeping transformation in decades will shift focus from fighting insurgents in Middle East to preparing for conflict in western Pacific
By Michael R. Gordon
Updated March 22, 2020 6:15 pm ET

The Marine Corps is undertaking its most sweeping transformation in decades, pivoting from a focus on fighting insurgents in the Middle East to developing the ability to hop from island to island in the western Pacific to bottle up the Chinese fleet.

More:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/marines-plan-to-retool-to-meet-china-threat-11584897014

I do get it, China is a very limited military threat... but how about them going around the world and urging countries to stop recognizing Taiwan as free China? Those certainly are not victories for us.

The Coronavirus Pandemic Is Like Nuclear War, Expert Says
The National Interest · by David Axe · March 22, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic has a lot in common with an atomic attack. The effects of the virus, and the United States's dysfunctional nationwide  response to the same, are like a "nuclear war in slow motion," according to Jeffrey Lewis, an arms-control expert at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in California.

Lewis in 2018 published a speculative novel about a North Korean nuclear attack on the United States.  The 2020 Commission Report  on the North Korean Attacks Against the United States takes place over a few weeks in March 2020, eerily presaging the pandemic.

Read more at: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/3-23-2020-National-Security-News-and-Commentary.html?soid=1114009586911&aid=QIcHhdv3PoA

Just my view, it's likely the virus was not unleashed intentionally but it's still put the world in a lot of hurt.

And how about the possibility of the Philippines falling away, that's not good either though I haven't heard much about that lately.

Offline DB

@DB

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to compare per resident wealth in a police state to that of the typical citizens in the US?????

Just pointing out why China is not a Super Power in any real sense of the word.

Offline TomSea

Just pointing out why China is not a Super Power in any real sense of the word.

What's the 2nd largest economy in the world?

@DB

That's not taking issue with what you said, just stating this.

Belt and Road Initiative  , I'll have to read up on this.

We definitely need to be careful on this.