Author Topic: Could a ‘Draft Cuomo’ Movement Be in the Democrats’ Future? By John Fund  (Read 325 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   Could a ‘Draft Cuomo’ Movement Be in the Democrats’ Future?
By John Fund

March 24, 2020 9:18 PM

It’s not out of the question if Biden keeps looking out of touch and irrelevant.

Democrats are publicly talking about “contingency options” for their July convention in Milwaukee in case the coronavirus persists in being a public-health threat. But privately, some are also talking about needing a Plan B if Joe Biden, their nominee apparent, continues to flounder.

Some Democrats are openly talking up New York governor Andrew Cuomo, whose profile has soared during the crisis, as a Biden stand-in. Yesterday, a Draft Cuomo 2020 account on Twitter announced that “Times have changed & we need Gov. Cuomo to be the nominee. Our next POTUS must be one w/an ability to lead thru this crisis.”

Charles Pierce, the politics blogger for Esquire magazine, wrote a piece headlined “With Two Words, Andrew Cuomo Established Himself as the Leader This Country Needs Now.” He enthused that Cuomo’s news conference last Friday “essentially (shutting) down the economy of his state . . . was a master class in leveling with the public.”

Fueled by favorable national publicity that governors rarely get, Cuomo has quickly become the standard-bearer for liberals who don’t want to quickly open up parts the economy at the same time we combat the coronavirus. This Tuesday, the governor tweeted: “We are not willing to sacrifice 1-2% of New Yorkers. That’s not who we are. We will fight to save every life we can. I am not giving up.” Last weekend, Cuomo told reporters he might go into Manhattan himself to yell “You are wrong” at people defying his lockdown.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/could-a-draft-cuomo-movement-be-in-the-democrats-future/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Cuomo is a Bloomberg wanna be, very unlikeable and pretty much unknown outside of the north east.
I would look more to someone from the house or senate to swoop in, experience and name... maybe even someone on pelosi's impeachment legal team.

Offline LMAO

Probably not going to happen. If they believe they have some new star in their party, it’ll be pretty tough to throw them up against an incumbent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Cuomo is a Bloomberg wanna be, very unlikeable and pretty much unknown outside of the north east.
I would look more to someone from the house or senate to swoop in, experience and name... maybe even someone on pelosi's impeachment legal team.

Obnoxious son of a bitch would get egged here in Texas.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Fredo has certainly been more engaged than Joe Biden (who these days looks like he doesn't know whether to take a leak or wind his watch), but I don't think he plays well outside of Noo Yawk.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
The funny thing is I thought the virus would be very advantageous to Biden, giving him a perfect excuse to avoid live appearances and the inevitable gaffes, communicating only with prerecorded speeches where he can redo as many times as it takes to get it right and no one sees the blooper reel. But it seems he can't even get that right. He's in a spot where he has to go all-in against Trump, stoke pessimism and risk the backlash, or agree with the common-sense measures, encourage cooperation and project some optimism. Instead he's trying to have it both ways and failing miserably at both. 
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline EdinVA

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish wrote (of lil' Andy):
"Obnoxious son of a bitch would get egged here in Texas."

So what?
He wouldn't expect to win Texas, anyway -- any more than Mr. Trump could expect to win New York. No reason for Cuomo to even campaign there.

If the democrat-communist powers-that-be aren't willing to give the nomination to o'er-the-hillary, Cuomo looks to be "all they've got". He has experience as a governor (even if you don't like him, and I certainly don't), has most of his faculties (unlike ol' white Joe), and can win EVERY state that hillary won in 2016.

That's about as good of a starting point as they can muster.

Lil' Andy could give Mr. Trump a fair run for the money.
Not saying he'll win, but... it'll be close.