Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1800 on: May 18, 2020, 06:01:04 pm »
You can imagine my wife's reaction to me sitting up in the middle of the night and saying "Tonopah!"

I had been talking with a friend about a well in the Tikaboo Valley in NV and couldn't remember the name of the airbase the overflying A-10s, C-130s and occasional F-16 were supposedly flying out of. (About 25 miles west of us was Area 51, so who knows for sure. No, I didn't see any UFOs and I worked nights.).

...Tuscon to Tucumcari,
Tehachapi to Tonapah.............

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1801 on: May 18, 2020, 07:17:47 pm »
The Governor of Texas is speaking now about opening up more of Texas.  God bless Governor Abbott!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1802 on: May 18, 2020, 10:21:35 pm »
...Tuscon to Tucumcari,
Tehachapi to Tonapah.............

Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made
Driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1803 on: May 18, 2020, 10:43:23 pm »
Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made
Driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed.

Lowell George did the best version of that song,which is only fitting given that he wrote it,but Linda Ronstadt tore it up,also.

That woman could sing the HELL out of anything.

I bought tickets to see Little Feat for the 3rd time the week before Lowell George died. I am still mad at him for dying,and will still be mad at him for dying the day I die. He had a MASSIVE amount of talent,and blew it all away with a needle in his arm.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:48:10 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1804 on: May 18, 2020, 10:51:18 pm »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1805 on: May 19, 2020, 05:05:41 pm »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1806 on: May 22, 2020, 10:35:35 am »
Children and older adults to take part in coronavirus vaccine trial

Children and older adults are to be included in the second phase of vaccine trials to protect against coronavirus.

The first phase of the University of Oxford trial began in April, involving 1,000 healthy adults aged 55 and under. Now more than 10,200 people - including over 70s and five to 12-year-olds - will be enrolled in the study, to see the effects on their immune system.

(excerpt)

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52760871
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1807 on: May 22, 2020, 02:21:23 pm »
Total Confirmed Cases Worldwide..... 5,128,492 
Total Confirmed Deaths Worldwide...... 333,489 
Global Recoveries..... 1,966,135

(Lest we think it's all about us).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1808 on: May 22, 2020, 03:10:00 pm »

What has been most bothersome is  the lack of epidemiological followup on the stats in the area of recoveries.  Seems we have had a perpetual backlog of 60% cases in limbo. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1809 on: May 22, 2020, 03:13:19 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Ronstadt was a gorgeous woman in the day.  Too bad she turned into a left wing ugly troll. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1810 on: May 22, 2020, 04:44:31 pm »
Ronstadt was a gorgeous woman in the day.  Too bad she turned into a left wing ugly troll.

@catfish1957

True,but her appearance had and has nothing to do with her politics. She was born into them as a Trust Fund Child in a very wealthy family. On top of that,she had the gift of that incredible voice.

So naturally,once she started hanging out with "struggling musicians" who had trouble paying rent and feeding themselves,she started feeling guilty for having to much.

This is America,and she is free to believe any damnfool thing she wants to believe in order to feel better about herself.

I haven't spent a dime on a concert ticket or an album or CD since I found out she was a dedicated leftie. I did see her in concert a few times,like once when she was the opening act for The Eagles,but it was the Eagles I was paying to see.

What is a true tragedy for the world ,as well as for her personally,is she has lost that magnificent voice. It was always,and rightly so,her claim to fame. Now she has lost it,and given the business she was in,has lost almost everyone she thought was a friend when the voice went away.

She is just lately coming to understand the realities of the true world,and I can guarantee you it is painful for her.

BTW,I strongly suspect a large part of her affiliation with the left is because she is,and has always been,a lesbian,and while the loons of the left think that is something to celebrate as much as her voice,the loons on the right would have wanted to see her burned at a stake for it.

I guess it is possible to support Republicans if you are a homo,but it's gotta be a tough hill to climb.

Love her or hate her,that woman could SING!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1811 on: May 22, 2020, 05:13:24 pm »

Excluding China's numbers here (because the Chicoms have proven they can't be trusted)

Confirmed global cases (excluding US):  3,486,627
Confirmed US cases:  1,620,902

Assumed global deaths (excluding US):  233,185
Assumed US deaths:  96,354

Reported global recoveries (excluding US):  1,618,599
Reported US recoveries:  382,169

The US makes up 31.7% of confirmed cases worldwide, but only 29.2% of assumed deaths, even with US death numbers being intentionally inflated.  Yet even with fewer deaths, the US makes up only 19.1% of reported recoveries worldwide.  Can you say 'political agenda'?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1812 on: May 22, 2020, 05:14:57 pm »
@catfish1957I haven't spent a dime on a concert ticket or an album or CD since I found out she was a dedicated leftie. I did see her in concert a few times,like once when she was the opening act for The Eagles,but it was the Eagles I was paying to see.

I would pay not to hear the Eagles.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1813 on: May 22, 2020, 05:15:35 pm »
What has been most bothersome is  the lack of epidemiological followup on the stats in the area of recoveries.  Seems we have had a perpetual backlog of 60% cases in limbo.

Correctamundo.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1814 on: May 22, 2020, 05:31:59 pm »

Not much point in it without Glenn Frye.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1815 on: May 22, 2020, 05:35:52 pm »

@Hoodat

I am not responsible for your sanity,but thank you for warning us about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1816 on: May 22, 2020, 05:38:17 pm »
Not much point in it without Glenn Frye.

@Cyber Liberty

True,but then again,there is not much point in it,anyhow. How many decades have passed since they put out a new album/CD?

They are all so old they are no longer able to rock,but they can probably roll ok if they can hire someone to push the chair.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1817 on: May 22, 2020, 07:20:29 pm »

In the Johns Hopkins dashboard, in the column all the way to the right it lists deaths and recoveries for each state.  MANY states are not reporting their recoveries, and as long as they do not, the number of currently infected is garbage as well. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1818 on: May 23, 2020, 10:05:13 am »

@LadyLiberty
In the Johns Hopkins dashboard, in the column all the way to the right it lists deaths and recoveries for each state.  MANY states are not reporting their recoveries, and as long as they do not, the number of currently infected is garbage as well. 
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1819 on: May 23, 2020, 10:44:03 am »
@LadyLiberty

Side note. Can't link this article cause I can't remember the source, but it was from a peer-reviewed source. The Johns Hopkins is only a stat board/platform developed a few years ago. Saying it is only posting within that data sent to it. It is only computing values within its parameters/programming

Like climate prediction models. Like Roise the cartoon robot to Ex Machina.

Shit to Shinola.

@jmyrlefuller @Hoodat  On top of it.

I look at all of it. Your sourced material/article/stats

888high58888

The world infometer. Those people apparently count a big set.

And thanks for the people with different opinion. Target rich environment.
anyway

To not be concerned about a health threat is stupid. To overreact is stupid. But forgivable if you tell us the truth. TELL us the truth. Then let US decide.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1820 on: May 23, 2020, 10:57:41 am »
Coronavirus may have reached Italy by November, U.S. by December

The bishop of the Buffalo Catholic Diocese tested inconclusively for coronavirus antibodies. He had been in Rome in November 2019, then was installed as bishop in December and has been here ever since.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/report-bishop-scharfenberger-might-have-had-coronavirus/71-9ebd2c24-c89a-470a-a7df-fa2e39a1c6d3
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1821 on: May 23, 2020, 12:43:58 pm »

The bishop of the Buffalo Catholic Diocese tested inconclusively for coronavirus antibodies. He had been in Rome in November 2019, then was installed as bishop in December and has been here ever since.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/report-bishop-scharfenberger-might-have-had-coronavirus/71-9ebd2c24-c89a-470a-a7df-fa2e39a1c6d3

I want your opinion. They are giving us this narrative now that this virus started small and suddenly mutated "bloomed" into a worldwide pandemic? Not buying that.The more they try to cover a pile with a pile makes it more look like a pile. IMO.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1822 on: May 23, 2020, 01:07:00 pm »
In the Johns Hopkins dashboard, in the column all the way to the right it lists deaths and recoveries for each state. MANY states are not reporting their recoveries, and as long as they do not, the number of currently infected is garbage as well.

@LadyLiberty

You don't think that is political to keep Slow Joe from being set loose on America with no filter,do you? </S>

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1823 on: May 23, 2020, 01:10:39 pm »

The bishop of the Buffalo Catholic Diocese tested inconclusively for coronavirus antibodies.

@jmyrlefuller

"tested inconclusively"?????? Has there ever been a LESS informative news brief?

Am I the only one getting brain-freeze on this one?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1824 on: May 23, 2020, 04:09:34 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

"tested inconclusively"?????? Has there ever been a LESS informative news brief?

Am I the only one getting brain-freeze on this one?

Nah. I just stepped outside to smoke. Two inches of new snow and counting  I shoulda put on some panties. Oh...wait...I stiill can...