Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1500 on: April 14, 2020, 06:03:48 pm »
Dittos....

Can someone start COVID-19 thread, maybe in a different category,  not moderated by Tom Sea?

It has no Cat Mod unless someone wants it?
In Health/Education
Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395911.0.html
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:06:05 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1501 on: April 14, 2020, 06:04:08 pm »
Did he die of coronavirus?   :laugh:

By the way, you win bonus points for your use of "all y'all" in your earlier post.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1502 on: April 14, 2020, 06:04:15 pm »
This is my final post to this thread,and I will simply note that I wouldn't be a mod for all the crack in DC.

See yall on other threads.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1503 on: April 14, 2020, 06:05:24 pm »
No one has a right to call out people in big letters here and that is what you were doing.
@Hoodat

@TomSea

My apologies.   I did not know that there was a font size restriction in place here.  But the term "big letters" is wildly open to interpretation.  To avoid confusion, could you please direct me to the board rule where the exact font size limit is enumerated?  I wouldn't want to exceed it lest I violate an actual written rule of this forum.  Thanks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1504 on: April 14, 2020, 06:07:14 pm »
This forum has gotten a lot of views in these threads.

As of this posting, this thread clocks in at over 27,000 page views.

Visibility is high on this thread, gang, which is why I want the bickering to stop, and stop right effing now!  If I have to put a cooling-off period on a thread with that many views, I am going be...most unhappy!

Never mind having a Moderator delete comments, I'll do it myself!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1505 on: April 14, 2020, 06:08:48 pm »
World Health Organisation chief accused of failing to record three cholera epidemics in home country

Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus allegedly involved in Ethiopian cover-ups

Also accused of failing to record a cholera outbreak in Sudan in the same year

Allegations against health chiefs relate to outbreaks in the countries in 2017 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8211979/WHO-chief-accused-failing-record-three-cholera-epidemics-home-country.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

IMF Says COVID-19 'Great Lockdown' Will Be 'Far Worse' Than Global Financial Crisis
By Tom Ozimek April 14, 2020

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) released its world economic outlook on Tuesday, predicting the global economy will suffer its biggest hit since the Great Depression.

The newest release of the 2020 World Economic Outlook, which the IMF updates regularly, predicts global output will shrink by 3 percent in 2020. The dismal forecast is a major downward revision of 6.3 percentage points from the IMF’s January 2020 outlook.

“It is very likely that this year the global economy will experience its worst recession since the Great Depression, surpassing that seen during the Global Financial Crisis a decade ago,” IMF Economic Counsellor Gita Gopinath wrote in the report. “The Great Lockdown, as one might call it, is projected to shrink global growth dramatically.”

Read more at: https://www.ntd.com/imf-says-covid-19-great-lockdown-will-be-far-worse-than-global-financial-crisis_455561.html

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1506 on: April 14, 2020, 06:10:16 pm »
Oh, I don't know about that......... unless the "G" stands for "goodness,"

Which it does.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1507 on: April 14, 2020, 06:11:59 pm »
Which it does.

For me OMG = Oh my gosh!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1508 on: April 14, 2020, 06:13:16 pm »
Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395911.0.html

No Cat Mod...
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1509 on: April 14, 2020, 06:14:09 pm »
For me OMG = Oh my gosh!

The way I mix up words, it comes out as "Oh My Goshness!"   333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1510 on: April 14, 2020, 06:15:19 pm »
As of this posting, this thread clocks in at over 27,000 page views.

Visibility is high on this thread, gang, which is why I want the bickering to stop, and stop right effing now!

@Cyber Liberty

For you and @mystery-ak , OK.  All forgiven.  I apologize for the "big letters".  But don't expect me to remain silent the next time this same Admin abuses his power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1511 on: April 14, 2020, 06:16:11 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

For you and @mystery-ak , OK.  All forgiven.  I apologize for the "big letters".  But don't expect me to remain silent the next time this same Admin abuses his power.

Then please do me a strong and say it in a PM to Nancy and me?
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1512 on: April 14, 2020, 06:16:18 pm »
For me OMG = Oh my gosh!

Or how about

Ouch!  My Gonads!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1513 on: April 14, 2020, 06:17:25 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #1514 on: April 14, 2020, 06:17:44 pm »
 :im waiting:  :im waiting:  :im waiting:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1515 on: April 14, 2020, 06:21:50 pm »
Even with saying OMG means Gosh and there is plenty of info that says counter, this person did this with the big letters over in the other thread.  That's calling someone out on this and I will say.... if you have something to say,  you don't need to belittle someone or however.

2ndly, they tell us they are conservative, they didn't vote for Trump, they did not stand up for the pro-life accomplishments we have seen so again, it seems hypocritical to be mocking others.  I don't go further than saying what I think that is except it demonstrates a pattern.  I will say, I believe the other forums saw some posts deleted too. We who supported Trump want to see this worked out in the most favorable and fair way. Never-Trumpers really should not be accusing others.

And who? Noam Chomsky, hey a lot of people are asking questions in all of this. If we are censoring articles, then, let's not have any on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Joe Biden and so on.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1516 on: April 14, 2020, 06:22:11 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Cat Mods are not Admin
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1517 on: April 14, 2020, 06:24:12 pm »
Cat Mods are not Admin

Thanks for the clarification, I missed that.  For the record, there are precisely two Administrators. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1518 on: April 14, 2020, 06:27:12 pm »
Even with saying OMG means Gosh and there is plenty of info that says counter, this person did this with the big letters over in the other thread.  That's calling someone out on this and I will say.... if you have something to say,  you don't need to belittle someone or however.

2ndly, they tell us they are conservative, they didn't vote for Trump, they did not stand up for the pro-life accomplishments we have seen so again, it seems hypocritical to be mocking others.  I don't go further than saying what I think that is except it demonstrates a pattern.  I will say, I believe the other forums saw some posts deleted too. We who supported Trump want to see this worked out in the most favorable and fair way. Never-Trumpers really should not be accusing others.

And who? Noam Chomsky, hey a lot of people are asking questions in all of this. If we are censoring articles, then, let's not have any on Bernie Sanders, AOC, Joe Biden and so on.

Just saying that not everyone equates OMG with God

Who is censoring articlesposts...better not be..the only time censoring is allowed is when a member viciously insults another member and files a post report...I will then edit that post.

If you can't resolve this on this thread I will personally lock it for good.

In the mean time there is a similar thread in Health/Education
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1519 on: April 14, 2020, 06:27:40 pm »
Which it does.

Good.

I thought it might be “golly.”  happy77

Btw, I think I’m glad I was gone from this thread for a while.

Wha hoppened????  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1520 on: April 14, 2020, 06:29:14 pm »
Good.

Nothing new.
Someone decided to have a brawl in the war room.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1521 on: April 14, 2020, 06:32:23 pm »
Good.

:shrug:
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1522 on: April 14, 2020, 06:49:00 pm »

Nothing new.
Someone decided to have a brawl in the war room.

****slapping

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1523 on: April 14, 2020, 06:50:17 pm »
:shrug:

Well, if YOU don't know, I don't feel so bad that I don't know!  :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1524 on: April 14, 2020, 06:51:13 pm »

My apologies, @TomSea .  Here it is cleaned up in smaller font.

Oh My Goodness!  Did someone just cite Noam Chomsky on this board???

Chomsky is an anti-American hard line communist of the worst kind.  It was shocking for me to see someone here actually cite his words as support for an attack on Trump, much less support for any argument at all.  Chomsky is the absolute last person I would expect to see cited here.  It would be like quoting Hitler to attack Winston Churchill.

I didn't vote for Trump because he ran as a liberal.  And for the record, I have praised Trump again and again for his pro-life accomplishments even though they directly conflict with his pro-PlannedParenthood campaign rhetoric which you supported.

And speaking of patterns, isn't it odd that I am the one defending Trump here while you are the one attacking him.  The only difference is that I would never lower myself to cite the words of a scumbag like Chomsky to attack anyone.

And lastly, I have never been a #NeverTrumper.  This has been pointed out to you repeatedly for years now, yet here you are repeating the same lie.  Allow me to reiterate again for you:  I am #NeverLiberal.  And if anyone takes a liberal position, whether it is Trump praising Planned Parenthood like he did during the campaign, or you citing Chomsky's words now, I am going to call you out on it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-