Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1425 on: April 14, 2020, 02:18:24 pm »
I have never once done anything here but tell the plain unvarnished TRUTH.  Sorry that doing that offends you!

You can't take the truth, you have shown you have to whine and complain about it, your arguments are not strong.

You've downplayed this virus, seemingly making statements only about some low death rate and little more.

Why post what we know that Taiwan notified WHO on this when one has downplayed the effect of the virus. Maybe not hypocrisy but close to it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:21:10 pm by TomSea »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1426 on: April 14, 2020, 02:23:32 pm »
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coronavirus-updates-us-navy-battles-growing-outbreak-hospital/story

Coronavirus updates: US Navy battles growing outbreak on hospital ship

A growing number of crew members aboard the USNS Mercy hospital ship docked in Los Angeles have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

A total of seven medical treatment facility crew members have now been infected and are currently isolated off the ship, according to U.S. Navy Cmdr. John Face, a 3rd Fleet spokesman. The first positive case was confirmed on April 9.

Face said everyone who was considered to have been in close contact with the infected individuals remain in quarantine off the ship and have tested negative, with the exception of one crew member who was the fifth positive case.

more unintended consequences at link

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1427 on: April 14, 2020, 02:25:39 pm »
You can't take the truth, you have shown you have to whine and complain about it, your arguments are not strong.

You've downplayed this virus, seemingly making statements only about some low death rate and little more.

Why post what we know that Taiwan notified WHO on this when one has downplayed the effect of the virus. Maybe not hypocrisy but close to it.

Whatever YOU say @TomSea! I'm sorry that CV-19 has apparently caused you to lose your mind!  My argument are my argument and I'm perfectly happy to let them rest on their strength alone.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1428 on: April 14, 2020, 02:27:47 pm »
Whatever YOU say @TomSea! I'm sorry that CV-19 has apparently caused you to lose your mind!  My argument are my argument and I'm perfectly happy to let them rest on their strength alone.

Personal Attack! Can't engage in a conversation so resorts to insults but I think we already knew that. @Bigun

Whatever you say, I didn't abandon the unborn because I didn't like a candidate, must be a real feather in one's hat.  Let's remember that, that's gold in facing any cheapshot artist.

Oh yeah, notable endeavor, say the war between the states was wrong and abandoning innocents.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:35:54 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #1429 on: April 14, 2020, 02:29:42 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250063051182747651

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Cuomo’s been calling daily, even hourly, begging for everything, most of which should have been the state’s responsibility, such as new hospitals, beds, ventilators, etc. I got it all done for him, and everyone else, and now he seems to want Independence! That won’t happen!
9:07 AM · Apr 14, 2020

Looks like the Trump/Cuomo bromance is over in the President's mind. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1430 on: April 14, 2020, 02:33:20 pm »
Age, obesity are biggest risk factors for COVID-19 hospitalization
https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/age-and-obesity-are-biggest-risk-factors-for-covid-19-hospitalization/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1431 on: April 14, 2020, 02:34:03 pm »
Personal Attack! Can't engage in a conversation so resorts to insults but I think we already knew that. @Bigun

999yawn  888mouth  :seeya:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #1432 on: April 14, 2020, 02:34:09 pm »
   Thanks @Once-Ler for trying to get this Thread back on track.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1433 on: April 14, 2020, 02:37:39 pm »
999yawn  888mouth  :seeya:

Yeah, we know what the TRUTH is, some did not vote for Trump and therefore, abandoned the unborn.    :yowsa:

So, take that with your complaints.  @Bigun
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:46:54 pm by TomSea »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #1434 on: April 14, 2020, 02:43:11 pm »
Hey!  I don't comment much but I am a regular to this thread.  I come here for information and to read the commentary of people I respect from around the land.  It is important to me.  I don't want this thread to erode into petty squabbling.  Please. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1435 on: April 14, 2020, 02:45:26 pm »
Hey!  I don't comment much but I am a regular to this thread.  I come here for information and to read the commentary of people I respect from around the land.  It is important to me.  I don't want this thread to erode into petty squabbling.  Please.

You need to address your remarks to the resident hall monitor who seems to think it is perfectly fine for him to remove any post HE disagrees with @Lando Lincoln

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1436 on: April 14, 2020, 02:46:08 pm »
BBC says "hundreds of extra UK deaths revealed" on the lead in page.   https://www.bbc.com/news/world

The figures, which cover every community death linked to Covid-19 in England and Wales, showed that a total of 406 such deaths registered up to 3 April had occurred outside of hospitals.

Of those extra deaths, 217 took place in care homes, 33 in hospices, 136 in private homes, three in other communal establishments and 17 elsewhere.

About 410,000 people live in 11,300 care homes for older people in the UK, supplied by 5,500 different providers.

See more at:   https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52275989
Coronavirus cases in Brazil 12 times higher the official numbers, says study
Based on the latest reports, the number of confirmed cases in Brazil stands at 23,723 and the number of casualties has risen to 1,355
    By Jeevan Biswas       April 14, 2020 17:05 +08

The official count of coronavirus cases in Brazil does not reflect the ground reality, says a new study by researchers at a consortium of Brazilian universities and institutes. According to the study, the country possibly has 12 times more cases than the officially reported numbers.

Known as the Center for Health Operations and Intelligence, the consortium estimated that only 8 percent of the cases have been reported by authorities. This has led to a higher-than-expected death rate, indicating underreporting of cases.

Read more at:  https://www.ibtimes.sg/coronavirus-cases-brazil-12-times-higher-official-numbers-says-study-43013?utm_source=izooto&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=43013&utm_content=&utm_term=

Bad news for Brazil.  It's a study, so take that into consideration, stats I'm sure.

Bolsonaro may have erred big time.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #1437 on: April 14, 2020, 02:47:48 pm »
You need to address your remarks to the resident hall monitor who seems to think it is perfectly fine for him to remove any post HE disagrees with @Lando Lincoln

Mine was a general remark. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1438 on: April 14, 2020, 02:53:19 pm »

Thank you,

I have one of the two people involved in this particular argument on Ignore for the duration of this pandemic because all he seems to be able to do is mock anyone who actually discusses the virus.....

And @TomSea  hasn't "lost his mind."  He's working hard to keep the rest of us informed, and I, for one, am grateful.

Please Ignore the taunting, Tom.  You are doing a great service in posting all the information you've been giving us.

MOST of us can evaluate it intelligently.  SOME want you to stop giving us the choice.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #1439 on: April 14, 2020, 02:53:56 pm »
   Thanks @Once-Ler for trying to get this Thread back on track.   :beer:
:beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1440 on: April 14, 2020, 02:55:02 pm »
Mine was a general remark.

Which is why I directed you to the problem.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1441 on: April 14, 2020, 03:04:02 pm »
And accusing somone of being blasphemous by using OMG?  Dude you have lost it......

Oh, I don't know about that......... unless the "G" stands for "goodness," then it IS blasphemy.

But that's pretty off topic.

I just wanted to make it clear that Tom isn't the only one who believes it is.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1442 on: April 14, 2020, 03:04:02 pm »
Wuhan coronavirus scientists injected bat virus into piglets & fed to hogs
Henry Holloway

A WUHAN lab linked to the coronavirus pandemic took part in experiments with a bat virus which they injected into pigs before the animals were ground up and fed to other hogs.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) were involved in the experiment - along with other tests involving viruses and bats - after receiving $3.7 (£3m) grant from the US Government.

Covid-19 was originally thought to have come from a so-called “wet market” in the Chinese city.

Read more at:  https://www.the-sun.com/news/679965/wuhan-coronavirus-scientists-bat-virus-injection-pig-cannibal/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1443 on: April 14, 2020, 03:06:57 pm »
Wuhan coronavirus scientists injected bat virus into piglets & fed to hogs

Isn't that how Mad Cow Disease got propagated?   IIRC, they were feeding cattle bone meal to other cattle as a food supplement.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #1444 on: April 14, 2020, 03:07:59 pm »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/04/14/wwe-deemed-essential-business-florida-coroanvirus-pandemic-ron-desantis/2987675001/

WWE deemed 'essential business' by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis

As states across the country prohibit the mass gatherings that make sporting events possible, Florida has declared professional sports league employees and their media partners "essential services."

With that, WWE can resume operating after Gov. Ron DeSantis gave a statewide "shelter-in-place" order on April 3 that will expire on April 30 at the earliest.

"With some conversation with the governor's office regarding the governor's order, they were deemed an essential business. And so, therefore, they were allowed to remain open," Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings said during a news conference Monday.

I think I speak for all of America when I say "Hell Yeah!!!"

« Reply #1445 on: April 14, 2020, 03:09:31 pm »
Isn't that how Mad Cow Disease got propagated?   IIRC, they were feeding cattle bone meal to other cattle as a food supplement.

You are correct, Sir.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1446 on: April 14, 2020, 03:12:12 pm »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/04/14/wwe-deemed-essential-business-florida-coroanvirus-pandemic-ron-desantis/2987675001/

WWE deemed 'essential business' by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis

I think I speak for all of America when I say "Hell Yeah!!!"

Never underestimate the importance of keeping the bread and circuses coming.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1447 on: April 14, 2020, 03:12:58 pm »
I just want to ask one question here, and maybe on the other thread.......

There are some who keep pounding their point that Coronavirus deaths are actually deaths from other things, comorbidities and such......... and are also pointing to flu deaths as being larger in number than COVID deaths.  (Even though this virus is still very new and hasn't peaked yet).

My question is, are all those flu deaths from the flu, or from complications of the flu caused by other medical issues?  For instance, the flu often develops into pneumonia (as does COVID).  Are those deaths attributed to flu, or to pneumonia?   Do we know?  And isn't that relevant in an honest discussion?

The point is, without the flu, would those people still be alive?  And without COVID, would the people who died from comorbidities still be alive?

Let's hold off on the conspiracy theories until all the facts are in.   They won't be in a for a long time.

At that point, with a fair comparison with flu deaths, maybe the claim that the virus deaths are inflated may have some merit.....

But not until then.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #1449 on: April 14, 2020, 03:16:18 pm »
I just want to ask one question here, and maybe on the other thread.......

There are some who keep pounding their point that Coronavirus deaths are actually deaths from other things, comorbidities and such......... and are also pointing to flu deaths as being larger in number than COVID deaths.  (Even though this virus is still very new and hasn't peaked yet).

My question is, are all those flu deaths from the flu, or from complications of the flu caused by other medical issues?  For instance, the flu often develops into pneumonia (as does COVID).  Are those deaths attributed to flu, or to pneumonia?   Do we know?  And isn't that relevant in an honest discussion?

The point is, without the flu, would those people still be alive?  And without COVID, would the people who died from comorbidities still be alive?

Let's hold off on the conspiracy theories until all the facts are in.   They won't be in a for a long time.

At that point, with a fair comparison with flu deaths, maybe the claim that the virus deaths are inflated may have some merit.....

But not until then.
Agreed.   goopo