Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1475 on: April 14, 2020, 04:43:49 pm »
That's a good question to be asking.  How many patients died from the virus, vs how many just died with it?  Would the patient have died if he/she didn't have it?  That's a tough call for a Medial Examiner, or an attending Physician.

Right.  A tough call.

Which is why, IMO, the assumption being made by some that people, in NYC for example, are NOT dying from COVID and that the numbers are being padded somehow, seems to be fraught with conspiracy ideas rather than the patience to wait for facts.  The physicians and ME's in NYC have been overwhelmed by the numbers and the unprepared hospitals, so that anything coming out of that hot mess need to be considered in that light.

I think that, rather than assuming that everything is some sort of conspiracy to make this seem somehow worse than it actually is...... though I find it hard to believe that anyone with eyes open doesn't realize how bad it really is...... we all need to wait for the actual numbers.

In addition, the argument that more people die from the flu needs to have the facts on the table.  How did the flu kill them?  Did it turn into pneumonia because of their age or emphysema, and if so, wasn't it their age or emphysema that killed them and NOT the flu?

My point in that is that in order to form a comparison (which some are doing) and say that the flu death numbers were worse, we need to know if people who just got the flu died, or if other health factors caused those deaths.  (Not to mention in how short a time people have died from COVID).

Goose, gander, and all that........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1476 on: April 14, 2020, 04:46:22 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1250075668282576898
Today is going to be an insane day.

Someone needs to tell DJT, that things ended up pretty dire for Captain Bligh.  BTW, is he equating his leadership and management style to Bligh?  I sure hope not.   :cool:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:06:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1477 on: April 14, 2020, 04:52:56 pm »
@Bigun   @TomSea

Speaking as someone who is neutral and hasn't even read most of the posts you both refer to,it SEEMS to ME like this is more personal than political between the two of you,and MAYBE it might be better if you both stopped posting to each other for a while so you can cool down and return to normal?

This is NOT a personal dig on either of you. We all have our moments where we get too personally involved with the posting flow back and forth,and drag an argument from one threat to another.

Well,not ME,of course. I am perfect in every way.

@sneakpete

In my case, it is not personal. But you can rest assured that I will never stand still for anyone arbitrarily removing posts that may not be to the liking of any moderator here or anywhere else for that matter
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1478 on: April 14, 2020, 04:53:04 pm »
Someone needs to tell DJT, that things ended up pretty dire for Capatin Bligh.  BTW, is he equating his leadership and managemnt style to Bligh?  I sure hope not.   :cool:

That tweet made the trip from the sublime to the ridiculous.  An unforced error, as @EasyAce would say.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1479 on: April 14, 2020, 04:56:31 pm »
Let's all get back to discussing the world stories about the COVID-19 pandemic, and cease the critiques of the Member to whom Nancy and I have delegated the management of this Category! 

There are days this can be really difficult, and Tom has been doing a great job of it.  Tom has our support, and if/when there is a problem, it's for our two Admins to discuss privately.

That is all,
now back to the original topic of this thread, please!  TIA.

NOPE. BULLSHIT!

That's all folks! To my friends, thank you for the good times. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Delete my account.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1480 on: April 14, 2020, 04:58:45 pm »
NOPE. BULLSHIT!

That's all folks! To my friends, thank you for the good times. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Delete my account.

**nononono*

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1481 on: April 14, 2020, 04:59:08 pm »
NOPE. BULLSHIT!

Delete my account.

ROFL!   Say it isn't so!    /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1482 on: April 14, 2020, 05:00:32 pm »
NOPE. BULLSHIT!

Delete my account.

PM...  Pls. read.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1483 on: April 14, 2020, 05:08:22 pm »
NOPE. BULLSHIT!

Delete my account.

...extra points for the HHGTTG reference.... 888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1484 on: April 14, 2020, 05:15:26 pm »
NOPE. BULLSHIT!

Delete my account.

@roamer_1 I hope you will also recognize me as a friend, as I do you.  I've learned a lot of facts, and different ways to see those facts from you, so thank you too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1485 on: April 14, 2020, 05:22:23 pm »
NOPE. BULLSHIT!

Delete my account.

Bitter grapes. glad we see the great Christian cussing, just look at how much substance about the topic is in this thread you've given on this discussion itself.  Another Never-Trumper crying about it.

The lion's share of that is to counter my tendency to be introverted. I have a weird split in my personality. I am a very gregarious sort, if given the opportunity, but my tendency is to be satisfied with my own company.

So I make it a point, once a month, to get my banking done in person, and then go around and pay my bills in person, and then get groceries and possibles as needed, thus relieving, at least for a time, my tendency toward being (relatively) alone.

I also make it a point, once a month, to go out to a sit-down dinner somewhere, picking a different establishment every time... gets me out of my ruts - Something that occurs naturally with a woman around, but left to my own devices, it is a discipline.

Likewise my decision nearing a decade ago, to simplify my life... Coming out of town, and back into country living. I deal with cash money. No checkbook. No loans. No payments. All cash on the barrelhead. Simple. Gloriously inefficient and organic. And a hard line toward living within my means.

I have said I am a basement geek. Introverted and tech-oriented. The other half of me is a luddite that lives outside, always around animals, always hunting and fishing. Finding joy as a tinker, fixing things others throw away.

The one way, I make tons of money and spend tons of money... The other way, I am happy. So I am hedging toward happy and leaving the other behind.

See?

I'm buying beans.

I HAVE money in the bank. I just can't get at it. The assumption that everyone has debit cards and electronic banking is not true.

Nobody said one thing about this, now, profanity, so on.  Hope you'll stick around but I won't take the self-righteousness here.

If one makes such statements, let's make sure how much one is talking about the topic itself vs. chit chat.

This is for discussion.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1486 on: April 14, 2020, 05:27:41 pm »
@sneakpete

In my case, it is not personal. But you can rest assured that I will never stand still for anyone arbitrarily removing posts that may not be to the liking of any moderator here or anywhere else for that matter

Yeah, so harassment is okay with you, fine.  And yeah, posting in different forums in BIG LETTERS putting someone down, saying they are fear mongering and so on.

Looks like the Never-Trumpers are the ones calling to abandon the forum, yeah, they've been called out themselves of saying they are pristine, when they abandoned the unborn, social conservative principles.

So, I'm okay, with confronting someone whose pointers in putting Lincoln down sounds like something you'd hear at a Klan meeting and I'm not going to sit by for that, maybe the person posting such bitter views, I don't know.  Same for the argument with the war between the states. 

That's what this cryfest is about.

This forum has gotten a lot of views in these threads.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1487 on: April 14, 2020, 05:30:45 pm »
None of these people griping hardly show up here to post.... and you can make excuses, in the Coronavirus Health and Education, Hoodat was posting that stuff in big letters there.

He didn't vote for Trump, we've made some real accomplishments with him in the presidency, pro-life accomplishments the Never-Trumpers have NO part of. So, whine, whine, whine, I've got some skin in the game on seeing how this issue goes and would do all to help the president.

Not a broken record that the flu kills more every year, etc. etc.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1488 on: April 14, 2020, 05:35:44 pm »
@roamer_1 I hope you will also recognize me as a friend, as I do you.  I've learned a lot of facts, and different ways to see those facts from you, so thank you too.

Dittos....

Can someone start COVID-19 thread, maybe in a different category,  not moderated by Tom Sea?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1489 on: April 14, 2020, 05:39:33 pm »
Dittos....

Can someone start COVID-19 thread, maybe in a different category,  not moderated by Tom Sea?

Oh, another personal attack. Should we really have someone who never posts in world news, has called other members of this forum "TURDS" in this forum?  Who acts hostile to any discussion and who is nothing but on the personal attack. Count his posts today? Anything actually doing with the forum?

Hey, again, you never Trumpers don't have skin in the game, abandoned the unborn, not much of a conservative in my book. Really, it's someone who is just harassing someone.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1490 on: April 14, 2020, 05:39:51 pm »
Yeah, so harassment is okay with you, fine.  And yeah, posting in different forums in BIG LETTERS putting someone down, saying they are fear mongering and so on.

Looks like the Never-Trumpers are the ones calling to abandon the forum, yeah, they've been called out themselves of saying they are pristine, when they abandoned the unborn, social conservative principles.

So, I'm okay, with confronting someone whose pointers in putting Lincoln down sounds like something you'd hear at a Klan meeting and I'm not going to sit by for that, maybe the person posting such bitter views, I don't know.  Same for the argument with the war between the states. 

That's what this cryfest is about.

This forum has gotten a lot of views in these threads.

**nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1491 on: April 14, 2020, 05:42:31 pm »
Check the postings, nothing but personal attacks... any substance to these posts? I can easily go to when EC moderated to think this person posts nothing.

Who is this guy? No idea, just putting someone down all the time, basically harassing people.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1492 on: April 14, 2020, 05:45:44 pm »
Oh, another personal attack. Should we really have someone who never posts in world news, has called other members of this forum "TURDS" in this forum?  Who acts hostile to any discussion and who is nothing but on the personal attack. Count his posts today? Anything actually doing with the forum?

Hey, again, you never Trumpers don't have skin in the game, abandoned the unborn, not much of a conservative in my book
. Really, it's someone who is just harassing someone.

And that was not a personal attack?  @mystery-ak

You've gone too far.....   You have sadly lost it.

And btw....  the very reason, I never post in World news is that you are the moderator.  Is it that hard to understand?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1493 on: April 14, 2020, 05:45:52 pm »
There is a COVID-19 thread in Health and Education.

Where has anyone even commented on what's happening in India or wherever else, England, Boris Johnson?

The fact that this person is unleashing continual attacks while such a thread exists in Health and Education really says they are not interested in discussing an issue but brow-beating someone.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:46:50 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1494 on: April 14, 2020, 05:47:50 pm »
All y'all don't make me pull this car over....
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1495 on: April 14, 2020, 05:53:19 pm »
All y'all don't make me pull this car over....
Oh, I'm sorry. I came here to read about the virus. All I found was
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1496 on: April 14, 2020, 05:54:52 pm »

That often happens when the driver gets drunk and drives anyway.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1497 on: April 14, 2020, 05:58:22 pm »
That often happens when the driver gets drunk and drives anyway.

Spot on analogy......

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1498 on: April 14, 2020, 05:59:00 pm »

I've seen a car that look worse than that, after hitting a bridge abutment at >100 MPH.  It was on I-10, near I-15 in Cali...two idiots racing on a crowded freeway.  The driver may not have known what hit him, but the rest of the drivers that day knew it was coming.
I will NOT comply.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #1499 on: April 14, 2020, 06:00:41 pm »
I've seen a car that look worse than that, after hitting a bridge abutment at >100 MPH.  It was on I-10, near I-15 in Cali...two idiots racing on a crowded freeway.  The driver may not have known what hit him, but the rest of the drivers that day knew it was coming.

Did he die of coronavirus?   :laugh:

By the way, you win bonus points for your use of "all y'all" in your earlier post.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra