Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You  don't have to have a PhD in virology to understand the implications of this: https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

Published in November 2015, in Nature, the abstract details the creation of a chimera virus from Bat borne Coronavirus SHCO14 and a mouse adapted SARS-CoV backbone (viral fragment) that and  (quotes from the abstract)

Two of the researchers on this particular project (who are co-authors) went back to their jobs at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China.

That is just too much to be coincidental. Wet Market, my arse.

Exactly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1351 on: April 12, 2020, 04:49:30 am »

Ryan Saavedra
@RealSaavedra
·
1h
U.S. population: 328,000,000

France/Germany/Italy/U.K./Spain population: 324,000,000

Coronavirus cases:

-U.S.: 526,396
-F/G/I/UK/S: 650,807

Coronavirus deaths:

-U.S.: 20,463
-F/G/I/UK/S: 62,553

Source: Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1352 on: April 12, 2020, 05:46:51 am »
Ryan Saavedra
@RealSaavedra
·
1h

Coronavirus cases:

Coronavirus deaths:

It's a fair comparison for where we are now.

« Reply #1353 on: April 12, 2020, 05:50:00 am »
This was just sent to me thought I would share
I'm a Friends fan.  It was cute.

« Reply #1354 on: April 12, 2020, 06:03:40 am »

He is risen!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1355 on: April 12, 2020, 09:43:51 am »
Okay, a big over night merger... merged many threads. They go in this big one.

It might not be fair to let some people's threads, unless active, remain in the main area and not the threads of others. So after 24-48 hours, expect them to be merged into this large general thread.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:00:51 am by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1356 on: April 12, 2020, 09:52:06 am »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1357 on: April 12, 2020, 10:20:29 am »
(Former) Governor Walker has been tweeting for days a lot of religious messages, mainly to do with Holy Week. Good man.

Scott Walker@ScottWalker
·
Apr 10
Made this cross at camp when I was a kid. Still sits on the stand next to my bed as a reminder that we can’t celebrate Easter
Hatching chick    without Good Friday

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker

So, we will get back to business soon per this thread, I don't like going OT too much and, seeing how we are at about 53 pages, some time in the near future, perhaps we will start thread III.

Repeating, a lot of related threads were merged overnight to be fair to everyone. All feedback and input is welcomed.

Yes, thread III will be started surely some time this week to keep info fresh.

We'll try to keep the forum somewhat tidy.  Some topics and I've certainly posted them are probably "tangentially" world and/or coronavirus related.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:30:17 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1358 on: April 12, 2020, 12:27:31 pm »
I wish everyone a most happy Easter. I’m so happy that most of the grocery and other stores in my state that have been open during this time, all have closed to let their employees have a nice peaceful day off with their families.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1359 on: April 12, 2020, 02:17:33 pm »
Ryan Saavedra  @RealSaavedra
10h

Coronavirus cases:

Coronavirus deaths:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1360 on: April 12, 2020, 02:25:37 pm »
10h

Coronavirus cases:

Coronavirus deaths:

Fascinating stats.  I've been wondering about that comparison myself, so thanks for adding it all up!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1361 on: April 12, 2020, 02:34:31 pm »
I'm a Friends fan.  It was cute.

I just got my middle child into we had a marathon of it this week
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1362 on: April 12, 2020, 02:35:16 pm »

He is risen!

He has risen indeed Amen
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1363 on: April 12, 2020, 02:39:55 pm »
10h

Coronavirus cases:

Coronavirus deaths:

Thanks for posting this @mountaineer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He is basically saying what everyone in the entire world suspects, but no one apparently dares say. I am not sure whose behavior has been worse: the Chinese or the WHO that covered for them.

We expect deceit from China, but the WHO is supposed to have credibility as a caretaker of world health.
WHO is administered by Ethiopia. Ethiopia is owned by China to the extent that it is nearly a province of China.
Ergo, WHO is owned by China. Trump would be absolutely correct to cut off funding to WHO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1365 on: April 12, 2020, 03:30:46 pm »

He is risen!
Thank you for posting this.  HE IS RISEN INDEED! 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Doesn't surprise me.

American scientists are actively working to learn the origin of the deadly coronavirus behind the pandemic now spreading around the world, but say a lack of Chinese virus samples has hampered research.

@TomSea

Ahm shocked! SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA!

I think we should send Pelosi and her husband,as well as everyone else willing to support and help China for a paycheck,there to live for the rest of their lives.

They deserve each other.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1367 on: April 12, 2020, 03:35:52 pm »
There’s a reason for the term “stubborn Swede.”

And also for the term “dumb Swede.”

Myself excepted from both, of course.  happy77

But seriously, they need to get their act together quickly or the death toll will keep mounting...

@musiclady

But...,but...,but....,dat bees racist,n shit!

How are they going to be able to pretend to me more moral than everyone else if they do that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1368 on: April 12, 2020, 04:46:26 pm »
I know these are extraordinary times, but I feel for anyone who seems to find entertainment value of watching NBA thugs playing H-O-R-S-E on TV.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1369 on: April 12, 2020, 06:02:13 pm »

He is risen!

In the words of Charles Wesley:

Christ the Lord is risen today.  Hallelujah!
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Hallelujah! 
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Hallelujah! 
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Hallelujah! 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1370 on: April 13, 2020, 03:01:36 am »
FDD | Erdogan's Response to Coronavirus Will Destroy Turkey’s Economy

The investor Warren Buffett once pithily remarked, “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.” The COVID-19 pandemic has caught both governments and the private sector in every country off guard, but Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, through years of political and economic mismanagement, has put his nation in arguably the most vulnerable position of all major emerging markets.

If Erdogan insists on doubling down on his past mistakes, he will bring further economic ruin to Turkey, with financial and geopolitical consequences that endure far beyond the pandemic’s end.

As of April 7, Turkey had more than 34,000 coronavirus cases, with one of the world’s worst reported trajectories in terms of infection and with confirmed cases doubling every six days, compared with the world average of nine. However, there is concern that even this worrying figure is an undercount. When Ankara reported its first confirmed case on March 11, becoming the last major economy to do so, Ergin Kocyildirim of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine wrote a warning the same day under the title “Turkey’s Coronavirus Coverup Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen.” On March 28, the financial analyst Inan Dogan, whose model had accurately predicted the trajectory of the U.S. death toll, estimated that “1 out of every 150 people in Turkey is infected with the coronavirus,” forecasting the death toll to exceed 5,000 by mid-April.

Read more at:  https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2020/04/08/erdogans-response-to-coronavirus-will-destroy-turkeys-economy/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1371 on: April 13, 2020, 11:03:09 am »
South Korea reports more recovered coronavirus patients testing positive again
Josh Smith

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea reported on Monday that at least 116 people initially cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again, although officials suggested they would soon look at easing strict recommendations aimed at preventing new outbreaks.

South Korea reported only 25 new cases overall on Monday, but the rise in “reactivated” patients has raised concerns as the country seeks to stamp out infections.

Officials are still investigating the cause of the apparent relapses. But Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), has said the virus may have been reactivated rather than the patients being re-infected.

Read more at:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-korea-reports-more-recovered-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive-again-idUSKCN21V0JQ

« Reply #1372 on: April 13, 2020, 12:07:30 pm »
South Korea reported on Monday that at least 116 people initially cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again, although officials suggested they would soon look at easing strict recommendations aimed at preventing new outbreaks.

That is disheartening.  Possibly explained by faulty tests, or purposeful disinformation.  I'll wait to become depressed about this until our doctors echo the same concerns, but thanx for posting this @TomSea .  It's scary if true.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1373 on: April 13, 2020, 03:58:54 pm »
If people didn't hear about Boris Johnson's hospital visit, unofficial reports tend to make it sound harrowing.  Here is one such related report.
A man who stayed in the same ICU as Boris Johnson said his experience there was 'absolutely horrible'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-stayed-same-icu-boris-192951743.html

Ambulance lines in Moscow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/coronavirus-huge-influx-of-patients-with-massive-lines-at-russian-hospitals/news-story/32cf5ff2c2299bb4de39dee17fdb091d

One driver told Reuters he had waited for more than 15 hours to drop off a patient who was suspected of having the infection.
The broken record about the death rate is pretty tired to continually bring up.  Resources are being heavily used.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:02:18 pm by TomSea »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1374 on: April 13, 2020, 04:26:35 pm »
If people didn't hear about Boris Johnson's hospital visit, unofficial reports tend to make it sound harrowing.  Here is one such related report.
    A man who stayed in the same ICU as Boris Johnson said his experience there was 'absolutely horrible'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-stayed-same-icu-boris-192951743.html

For those of you who would rather hear the positive aspect instead of being bombarded with scary stories of the worst spin possible:

Boris Johnson leaves hospital as he continues recovery from coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/12/boris-johnson-leaves-hospital-as-he-continues-recovery-from-coronavirus

Looks like Boris Johnson is well on his way to full recovery.  We should be comforted by that fact.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-