Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1300 on: April 11, 2020, 01:25:31 pm »
Episode 904 Scott Adams: Today I Blow Your Mind. Goes Well With Coffee

14,528 views•Apr 10, 2020

Models, motivation, persuassion, saving lives, getting back to work, winning re-election,

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

For later
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1301 on: April 11, 2020, 01:52:08 pm »
Episode 904 Scott Adams: Today I Blow Your Mind. Goes Well With Coffee

14,528 views•Apr 10, 2020

Models, motivation, persuassion, saving lives, getting back to work, winning re-election,

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This guy is dead wrong about population density having no effect on mitigation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1302 on: April 11, 2020, 02:04:00 pm »
We have to get the economy back to going...NOW.  Our local city administrator was just on tv talking about our sales tax shortfall.  Talking about laying off city workers etc.  This is going to get bad really fast.  Depression here we come....

I'm buying metals....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1303 on: April 11, 2020, 02:10:14 pm »
https://nationalfile.com/president-trump-vs-bill-gates-on-treatment-fauci-has-a-100-million-conflict-of-interest/

Good article on Fauci, Gates and did Fauci even lend some support to Hillary in 2013 so, not the last election.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1304 on: April 11, 2020, 02:19:02 pm »
We have to get the economy back to going...NOW.  Our local city administrator was just on tv talking about our sales tax shortfall.  Talking about laying off city workers etc.  This is going to get bad really fast.  Depression here we come....

I'm buying metals....
Our County seat has taken a different approach (unfortunately), Instead raising assessed home values by as much as 50%  with no improvements, oil at 16/bbl, everything not directly oil patch pretty much shut down, and calling it a "market adjustment"--with no regard that for this region it is 1986 all over again. (sharp population decrease as oil drilling imploded, collapse in housing prices).

I expect an exodus this summer like the one in '82 and '86 here. If I can't get/find work for the next months, I will be cruising alleys for good used furniture, etc. (discarded), and offering services to haul stuff to the dump, pack/load households going south, etc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1305 on: April 11, 2020, 02:28:38 pm »
Walmart CEO says we're in the 'hair color' phase of panic buying

CNN Business)First went the hand sanitizer, disinfectants and toilet paper.

Now hair clippers and hair dye are flying off shelves.

In recent weeks, Americans' shopping patterns are serving as a reflection of how the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve and affect daily lives.

"You can definitely see that as people have stayed home, their focus shifted," Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said on the Today Show, Friday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/business/panic-buying-walmart-hair-color-coronavirus/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1306 on: April 11, 2020, 02:52:59 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/business/panic-buying-walmart-hair-color-coronavirus/index.html
LOLOLOL....  I had to cut my own hair a week or so ago and it wasn't pretty.  Guess I'll have to watch a youtube video on it next time...lol.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1307 on: April 11, 2020, 02:57:45 pm »

Well, good! While everyone is messing with their coiffure, maybe I can sneak into the store and get some things for the other end...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1308 on: April 11, 2020, 03:00:24 pm »
Our County seat has taken a different approach (unfortunately), Instead raising assessed home values by as much as 50%  with no improvements, oil at 16/bbl, everything not directly oil patch pretty much shut down, and calling it a "market adjustment"--with no regard that for this region it is 1986 all over again. (sharp population decrease as oil drilling imploded, collapse in housing prices).

I expect an exodus this summer like the one in '82 and '86 here. If I can't get/find work for the next months, I will be cruising alleys for good used furniture, etc. (discarded), and offering services to haul stuff to the dump, pack/load households going south, etc.
I was moving a huge pile of dirt at my mom's house yesterday, that I should have moved years ago.  A guy stopped on his bicycle, with his mask on, to ask if he could help as he really needed the money.  I said hey....you are making more than I am...lol.  I spent hours on the phone the last several days trying to talk to someone at the unemployment office, unsuccessfully.  I filled out the paperwork online, but they seem to think I need to talk to them.  I filled out the SBA info online as well and haven't heard a word.  If a person didn't have money in the bank, they'd be screwed at this point.  I'm financially ok, but there are thousands, if not millions that may not make it to the end of the month.  I'm right there with you Joe....this is gonna be BAD. 

The great thing is.... HE IS RISEN!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1309 on: April 11, 2020, 03:08:15 pm »
I was moving a huge pile of dirt at my mom's house yesterday, that I should have moved years ago.  A guy stopped on his bicycle, with his mask on, to ask if he could help as he really needed the money.  I said hey....you are making more than I am...lol.  I spent hours on the phone the last several days trying to talk to someone at the unemployment office, unsuccessfully.  I filled out the paperwork online, but they seem to think I need to talk to them.  I filled out the SBA info online as well and haven't heard a word.  If a person didn't have money in the bank, they'd be screwed at this point.  I'm financially ok, but there are thousands, if not millions that may not make it to the end of the month.  I'm right there with you Joe....this is gonna be BAD. 

Yep. I'll be working on my place, doing what can be done on the cheap. I have more time than money, and have always bought tools. Now, I get to practice with some of them. I'm in pretty good shape for a few months, barring disaster, and that may get through the tight spot. But in the meantime, it's going to take some hustling, and not shirk from making a buck. God provides. We have always had enough.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

Epoch Times is the best. I think some Chi-Com sympathizers will slam them.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1311 on: April 11, 2020, 03:29:35 pm »
What Americans are there in the first place now?

US warns African-Americans to avoid Guangzhou after reports black people are being targeted in coronavirus clampdown

People of African descent or with ‘African contacts’ have been subjected to mandatory tests and quarantine
    Black people are reported to have been evicted from hotels and flats and denied service in restaurants in southern metropolis

Shi Jiangtao in Hong Kong/Beijing
Published: 9:45pm, 11 Apr, 2020

The warning followed reports that local authorities had imposed tough measures in recent weeks screening people entering and leaving the city’s “Little Africa” district in Yuexiu district after five Nigerians tested positive for the coronavirus.

Read more at:  https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3079497/us-warns-african-americans-avoid-guangzhou-after-reports-black

Coronavirus: as the pandemic spreads in the US, so do racist attacks, and not just against Asians

Asians and Asian-Americans continue to be targets, but recent coronavirus webinars have included abuse and slurs of black participants

The Zoom videoconferencing platform was used, and hacked, in both webinars

Charley Lanyon
11 Apr, 2020

In the past two weeks alone, two separate medical webinars on the coronavirus featuring minority health care workers were disrupted by hackers spewing profanity and racial slurs.

On Wednesday, a coronavirus webinar hosted by the Washington-based Association of Black Cardiologists (ABC) was intended to shine a light on racial discrepancies in the response to the outbreak. Instead, participants themselves became the targets of racial vitriol.

“Hate speech of all sorts – however, mostly racist comments – bombarded our chat,” said ABC’s president, Dr Michelle Albert, who moderated the discussion. “Nonetheless, we continued.”

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

More:  https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/3079467/coronavirus-pandemic-spreads-us-so-do-racist

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1312 on: April 11, 2020, 03:39:55 pm »

I'm buying metals....

Make sure they ARE full metal...jacket
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1313 on: April 11, 2020, 04:21:26 pm »
Yep. I'll be working on my place, doing what can be done on the cheap. I have more time than money, and have always bought tools. Now, I get to practice with some of them. I'm in pretty good shape for a few months, barring disaster, and that may get through the tight spot. But in the meantime, it's going to take some hustling, and not shirk from making a buck. God provides. We have always had enough.

Home improvements are great in times like this, when this is over my honey do list will actually be done.
Whatever should I do then :whistle:
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1314 on: April 11, 2020, 04:30:37 pm »
Home improvements are great in times like this, when this is over my honey do list will actually be done.

I just hope where y'all live the Governor or Mayor doesn't decide to follow this idiots lead:

Michigan's new stay-at-home order restricts access to gardening and home improvement sections in grocery stores

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2020/04/10/michigans-new-stay-at-home-order-restricts-access-to-gardening-and-home-improvement-sections-in-grocery-stores

One version of this I read from the detroit Free Press specifically mentioned Home Depot.

Scratch a Liberal...

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1315 on: April 11, 2020, 04:31:13 pm »

Great story @mrpotatohead ...I did not see the ending coming.  The President says we are gonna come out of this stronger than ever.  Hang in there. :seeya:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1316 on: April 11, 2020, 05:19:00 pm »
:silly:

The honey do list is never done....!

Mine is broken down into
the stuff that can be done now with resources on hand....
the stuff that will take a bit more planning and more money...

and the "Win the Powerball, and we'll talk about it..." section...

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1317 on: April 11, 2020, 05:20:57 pm »

I'm buying metals....

@mrpotatohead

Waaay ahead of you on that one. Bought a bunch of ammo back when it was cheap.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1318 on: April 11, 2020, 05:22:38 pm »
@mrpotatohead

Waaay ahead of you on that one. Bought a bunch of ammo back when it was cheap.
Invested in 'semi-precious metal' long ago...never regretted doing so.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1319 on: April 11, 2020, 05:27:36 pm »

@Smokin Joe

It's a wise man that prepares for potential future needs,and a unwise man that lives beyond his means because his plans include earning more next year.

There are a BUNCH of people out there with a whole LOT more house than they need,and sadly,many of them are going to end up renting or living in a tent.

MUCH better to buy an affordable place you can pay off quickly,and then buy rental property when property values are bottoming. Rent is money forever.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1320 on: April 11, 2020, 05:30:08 pm »
For those that think Sweeden is facing a crisis because they haven't imposed house arrest on their citizens like the rest of the world:

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
8m
1/ Nate: the Swedes know exactly what they’re doing. They provide data on ICU admissions and overall ICU cases. (Remember: ICU admits lag, as do deaths.) There has been no daily spike and overall cases appear to have peaked, suggesting the overall epidemic is well under control.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1321 on: April 11, 2020, 05:31:53 pm »
@Smokin Joe

It's a wise man that prepares for potential future needs,and a unwise man that lives beyond his means because his plans include earning more next year.

There are a BUNCH of people out there with a whole LOT more house than they need,and sadly,many of them are going to end up renting or living in a tent.

MUCH better to buy an affordable place you can pay off quickly,and then buy rental property when property values are bottoming. Rent is money forever.
I bought an affordable place, at the time gauging bills against one of two incomes, with one on unemployment, even though we were both employed. It's paid for now, but according to the tax district, is now worth six times what I paid for it (up over 40% from last year, no improvements, in a dying economy oil patch town). Those sort of arbitrary and unpredictable bills are the ones that get you, and the folks in government are skilled indeed at throwing those monkey wrenches into the works..

C S Lewis

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #1322 on: April 11, 2020, 05:55:04 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I much would rather live beneath my needs that try to rise and fall into despair.
Try to keep enough in savings for rainy days such as this but I also have been working since I was 15
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1323 on: April 11, 2020, 06:00:13 pm »
I bought an affordable place, at the time gauging bills against one of two incomes, with one on unemployment, even though we were both employed. It's paid for now, but according to the tax district, is now worth six times what I paid for it (up over 40% from last year, no improvements, in a dying economy oil patch town). Those sort of arbitrary and unpredictable bills are the ones that get you, and the folks in government are skilled indeed at throwing those monkey wrenches into the works..

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,but the good bad news is you can  probably hire a shyster lawyer to keep getting your case rescheduled until the fools on the county board are filing for unemployment.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1324 on: April 11, 2020, 06:05:07 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Yeah,but the good bad news is you can  probably hire a shyster lawyer to keep getting your case rescheduled until the fools on the county board are filing for unemployment.
It's pretty obvious what is going on. Most of them are n00bs to the region, and some of us recall the last oil boom/bust. They are working off projections that don't take the downside into account (and likely, they have spent money that won't be coming in from sales taxes and oil revenue, because the price of oil has crashed). They have to dig for their pension funds in other places, and the pockets of homeowners are the first thing they think of if they can't get more sales tax through (and the people aren't buying that, and killed the last three attempts at school bonds).

So....BOHICA. A group of us are going to protest, FWIW, which likely won't be much, because we won't even be able to look 'em in the eye (teleconference, "because of the virus").

C S Lewis