Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1275 on: April 10, 2020, 11:03:49 pm »
The goal is to drag this out as long as possible so that a vaccine becomes practical.  If the disease is allowed to run its course naturally, then the population as a whole would have developed a collective immunity large enough to where an epidemic would no longer be a threat and a vaccine would be rendered useless.  But if we keep everyone quarantined and isolated long enough, then the threat of epidemic would still be real, and a vaccine more valuable.

And more of a crime-in-progress, because a vaccine will take over a year to formulate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"The RCMP says arrests under the act, violations of which could include a fine of up to $750,000"

So they're going to financially ruin individuals who "don't comply" ???
That's Canada for you.
Never wanted to go there, ain't changing my opinion.

One thing I've noticed -- I've never seen a poster to this board self-identify as being Canadian...

I'm from southern Michigan, and that's practically the same thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't see where 15% is anywhere near enough to be close to this goal...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1278 on: April 10, 2020, 11:20:15 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree (agreeably) about the impact of the panic.  The Corona Virus didn't wipe out the stocks of toilet paper in the stores, the panic did.  Just one example, albeit a pretty small one compared to the millions of people just thrown out of work.

It's not "blaming the victim" to note there is panic adversely impacting the country.

I've never said that either there was no panic, nor that panic wasn't adversely impacting the country.  Both of those things are true.

What I am saying is that, information is not panic, careful behavior is not panic, not wanting to get this virus nor give it to anyone else is not panic,  caring about healthcare workers is not panic, and not going around screaming "POLICE STATE!" is not panic.

The panic, however, is secondary to the very basic medical fact....... FACT....... that this is a pernicious, fast spreading virus with unknown health ramifications and people are still dying from it....sometimes only a day or so after their first symptoms.  Understanding that and caring about the shortage of PPE's for our healthcare workers, is not panic.  And those who have gone around here for weeks (albeit not many of them, but persistent and loud) accusing those acquiring knowledge, seeking information and caring for those who are putting their lives on the line to keep the rest of us well,  as being hysterical and ridiculous, are the ones who are failing to blame the actual perp....... the virus itself.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:21:28 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1279 on: April 10, 2020, 11:25:18 pm »
I've never said that either there was no panic, nor that panic wasn't adversely impacting the country.  Both of those things are true.

What I am saying is that, information is not panic, careful behavior is not panic, not wanting to get this virus nor give it to anyone else is not panic,  caring about healthcare workers is not panic, and not going around screaming "POLICE STATE!" is not panic.

The panic, however, is secondary to the very basic medical fact....... FACT....... that this is a pernicious, fast spreading virus with unknown health ramifications and people are still dying from it....sometimes only a day or so after their first symptoms.  Understanding that and caring about the shortage of PPE's for our healthcare workers, is not panic.  And those who have gone around here for weeks (albeit not many of them, but persistent and loud) accusing those acquiring knowledge, seeking information and caring for those who are putting their lives on the line to keep the rest of us well,  as being hysterical and ridiculous, are the ones who are failing to blame the actual perp....... the virus itself.

I agree with everything there, Music Babe!  Now, belly up to the Castle bar for a virtual :beer: !
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1280 on: April 10, 2020, 11:32:25 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"a vaccine will take over a year to formulate."

No.
A number of vaccines will appear quickly -- some already exist.
It's the testing and "red tape" that will delay their introduction.

How long did it take to develop and implement the vaccine for smallpox?
Or for polio?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1281 on: April 10, 2020, 11:34:07 pm »
The goal is to drag this out as long as possible so that a vaccine becomes practical.  If the disease is allowed to run its course naturally, then the population as a whole would have developed a collective immunity large enough to where an epidemic would no longer be a threat and a vaccine would be rendered useless.  But if we keep everyone quarantined and isolated long enough, then the threat of epidemic would still be real, and a vaccine more valuable.
Yeppers!

The projected numbers have simply not manifested, except where actions taken by the Democrat leadership has virtually guaranteed the worst case scenario. Even then, it is not as bad as projected. The y don't care, because the dead vote Democrat, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1282 on: April 10, 2020, 11:39:56 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"a vaccine will take over a year to formulate."

No.
A number of vaccines will appear quickly -- some already exist.
It's the testing and "red tape" that will delay their introduction.

How long did it take to develop and implement the vaccine for smallpox?
Or for polio?

I was referring to the red tape.  In today's world, Aspirin would not pass muster, and Polio would be running rampant.  Along with Small Pox.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33 I’m really worried about you and other people who are seniors. It is a strange time indeed
@Gefn

Don't worry - I am staying in the house.  Am reading, writing, watching a few TV movies, watch/listen to, CNN/FOX to keep up with virus news.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1284 on: April 11, 2020, 12:32:48 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Moscow Stretched 'to Limit' by Virus Cases: Official
« Reply #1285 on: April 11, 2020, 01:31:29 am »
Moscow Stretched 'to Limit' by Virus Cases: Official
By AFP

Moscow's hospitals and ambulance service are working at peak capacity after a sharp rise in those hospitalized with serious coronavirus complications, a senior city official said Friday.

The densely populated capital with more than 12 million residents has the largest outbreak in Russia, with 7,822 confirmed coronavirus cases out of a national total of almost 12,000.

The number in Moscow's hospitals has doubled since last week and more than 85% of these patients have pneumonia, deputy mayor Anastasia Rakova was quoted as saying on the city virus task force's Telegram account.

Read more at:  https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/10/moscow-stretched-to-limit-by-virus-cases-official-a69943

They definitely took measures, did they shut down their famous  metro or subways? I don't know.

Offline TomSea

Prominent Iran Lawmaker Demands Foreign Ministry To Summon China's Ambassador

Following a war of words between the Islamic Republic Ministry of health and Beijing's Ambassador to Tehran, a prominent member of Majles (Iranian parliament) has called on the country's Foreign Ministry to summon the Chinese envoy to protest his actions.

The lawmaker in question is Ali Motahari, who is ending his term in parliament but in the last three years has often criticized officials and the hardliners for their restrictive policies and use of force.

On April 5, the Islamic Republic Health Ministry spokesman, Kianush Jahanpur, had said at a press briefing that China's statistics about the number of deaths and infections from the coronavirus are "a bitter joke." He added, if Beijing said it got the coronavirus epidemic under control within two months, "one should think very hard [if it is true]."

More:  https://en.radiofarda.com/a/prominent-iran-lawmaker-demands-foreign-ministry-to-summon-china-s-ambassador/30545491.html

Offline TomSea

We won’t allow maltreatment of Nigerians, Gbajabiamila tells Chinese envoy

Following the reported maltreatment of some Nigerians living in China, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has demanded an end to the inhumane treatment of Nigerians living in the Asian country.

He said this when the leadership of the House met with the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Zhou Pingjian on Friday.

Gbajabiamila asked the Chinese envoy to look into viral media reports and videos from Beijing showing Nigerians being forced out of their houses and hotels. The videos further detailed how Nigerians were rounded up and their passports seized by the Chinese police.

Read more at:  https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/we-won-e2-80-99t-allow-maltreatment-of-nigerians-gbajabiamila-tells-chinese-envoy/ar-BB12suzj

This is very much true, Africans having trouble in China (where many go to study), being kicked out of hotels where they are staying. I've read this, it's happening right now.

Offline TomSea

Rights Watchdog Says Dozens Of Prisoners Killed In Iran Coronavirus Protests

As many as 36 prisoners in Iran are feared dead after security forces used lethal force to control protests triggered by fears of Covid-19, Amnesty International (AI) said in a statement on Thursday, April 9.

Referring to widespread protests in recent days in different prisons across Iran, AI says that thousands of prisoners in at least eight prisons around the country staged protests over fears of contracting the coronavirus, sparking deadly responses from prison officers and security forces.

“It is abhorrent that instead of responding to prisoners’ legitimate demands to be protected from COVID-19, Iranian authorities have yet again resorted to killing people to silence their concerns,” said Diana Eltahawy, Amnesty International’s Deputy Regional Director of the Middle East and North Africa.

Read more at:  https://en.radiofarda.com/a/rights-watchdog-says-dozens-of-prisoners-killed-in-iran-coronavirus-protests/30544622.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1289 on: April 11, 2020, 02:51:57 am »
But the sacrifices are infinitesimal and the whining ear shattering.

We are a weaker people than we used to be, addicted to comfort and convenience.

@musiclady

No,we just have and like comforts commonly available today that weren't even thought of back then.  We are right to miss them and complain about not having them. They are the essentials of our modern life,just like electricity and radio were to the people in the 30's and 40's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1290 on: April 11, 2020, 03:01:14 am »
Episode 904 Scott Adams: Today I Blow Your Mind. Goes Well With Coffee

14,528 views•Apr 10, 2020

Models, motivation, persuassion, saving lives, getting back to work, winning re-election,

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1291 on: April 11, 2020, 03:07:57 am »
Victor Davis Hanson: COVID-19 and the Lessons of History | Hoover Virtual Policy Briefing
42,178 views•Apr 9, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1292 on: April 11, 2020, 04:00:15 am »
INDIA:

Second lynching over coronavirus; Delhi man killed over Jamaat link
The man who has been lynched to death had returned from Bhopal in a truck of vegetables after attending a Tablighi Jamaat conference.
By : Shashi Sharma
Apr 9, 2020 20:10 IST

A 22-year-old man, who had returned to Delhi from Madhya Pradesh, has been lynched to death by locals after rumours of him planning to spread coronavirus, the police said on Wednesday. The man had returned from Bhopal in a truck of vegetables after attending a Tablighi Jamaat conference. In the national capital, he was caught by police and released after medical examination, news agency PTI reported.

When he reached his home in the Bawana area of the national capital, rumours spread that he was infected by a coronavirus and had come to Delhi to spread the disease. A group of men attacked him and left for dead. The police took him to the hospital where he succumbed to injuries during the treatment. The Delhi police have registered a case of murder under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and arrested three accused.

Mainstream media adding fuel to the fire by spreading fake news

Ever since the Tablighi Jamaat event in Delhi turned a coronavirus hotspot, rumours have spread across the country that the members of the religious organisation are spreading the infection. Several fake news by mainstream media organisations like the news agency ANI and controversial news channel Zee News about the Jamaat has added more fuel to the fire.

Read more at:  https://www.ibtimes.co.in/first-lynching-over-coronavirus-delhi-man-killed-over-jamaat-link-817172

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1293 on: April 11, 2020, 05:01:21 am »
Nah. Tumpy is in this right up to his lips. This is way past Democrat/Republican.
Just the TRILLIONS being spent makes em all sonsabiches, every single man-jack of em.
Not to mention lost liberties. Lost jobs.

Defending any single bit of this crap is unconscionable.

So. If you were the President. What would you have done?  That man.

If you were in his position and had you stepped up and called him out on his bullshit how far would you take it?

Trillions. What a f'ucking joke. What is the difference? When the sum total is you are zero?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
James Woods Tweets “Pretty Scary” Video That Questions The Origins of The Coronavirus: “Judge for yourself”

Apr 9, 2020
SHARES
Tweet
Flipboard

James Woods just tweeted out a video that he says everyone should see and then judge for themselves. He calls it “pretty scary” because the presumption is that the coronavirus did not begin in a “Wet Market” in Wuhan. An Epoch Times investigative reporter takes the viewer through the possibilities of how the coronavirus originated.

National Review also questions the origins of the coronavirus in Jim Geraghty’s must-read article: The Trail Leading Back to the Wuhan Labs. Geraghty takes the reader through some of the same pathways as the video below, raising questions about the narrative being pushed by China that the virus began in the Wet Markets:

https://100percentfedup.com/james-woods-tweets-pretty-scary-video-that-questions-the-origins-of-the-coronavirus-judge-for-yourself/

Highly recommend this video.  Real scientific information and evidence.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1296 on: April 11, 2020, 05:34:55 am »
Episode 904 Scott Adams: Today I Blow Your Mind. Goes Well With Coffee

14,528 views•Apr 10, 2020

Models, motivation, persuassion, saving lives, getting back to work, winning re-election,

Excellent @truth_seeker   Thanks for posting.  (And it does blow your mind  happy77 )

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1297 on: April 11, 2020, 06:59:53 am »
So. If you were the President. What would you have done?  That man.

The very same as I have advocated here.

If you were in his position and had you stepped up and called him out on his bullshit how far would you take it?

All the way of course. Have you ever known me to wiggle on principle?

Trillions. What a f'ucking joke. What is the difference? When the sum total is you are zero?

Sooner or later, and mark my words: Somebody is going to pay that bill. Do you prefer it is your grandchildren and great grandchildren? How much of their treasure is enough?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I got 15-20 minutes into it and it looks pretty interesting so far.... Hopefully time will allow me to watch the rest tomorrow (after my garden work).... Garden has been keeping me busy and I miss my TBR buddies.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1299 on: April 11, 2020, 07:25:16 am »
The very same as I have advocated here.

All the way of course. Have you ever known me to wiggle on principle?

Sooner or later, and mark my words: Somebody is going to pay that bill. Do you prefer it is your grandchildren and great grandchildren? How much of their treasure is enough?

Yeah and yeah. And no.

This reply is sponsored by somebody. I already told you I have the desire to stop this.