Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1125 on: April 09, 2020, 03:13:35 pm »
Tom Cotton@SenTomCotton
Very grateful for the people of Vietnam and their generosity during this time. Thank you!

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
 Â· 15h
This morning, 450,000 protective suits landed in Dallas, Texas. This was made possible because of the partnership of two great American companies—DuPont and FedEx—and our friends in Vietnam. Thank you! @DuPont_News @FedEx

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1248266687742386176

Amazing, from Vietnam.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1126 on: April 09, 2020, 03:14:43 pm »
My aunt suffered a massive stroke on Monday. She's hovering on the edge right now. Her son, who has been incarcerated for years, was released early to visit her but neither he, my aunt's daughter or husband are allowed to enter the hospital.

The hospital staff have asked the family to stop calling because each time they do a nurse must bring my aunt the phone and hold it to her ear.

No encouragement or comfort for her will come from family. So she most likely will die alone.

This is other side of this 'compassionate' quarantine.

I'm so sorry. She and your family will be in my prayers.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1127 on: April 09, 2020, 03:26:40 pm »
This is real bad, what does CHINA do with the money they spend to make other nations subservient?  And thinking about it, China has a billion plus people, so yes, they need to feed them as we feed our people.

Heshmat Alavi@HeshmatAlavi
THREAD

1)
As criticism grows against China over the #coronavirus pandemic, it is worth noting the regime ruling #Iran is allowing Chinese fishing companies use "bottom trawling" techniques in the Gulf of Oman, leaving local fishermen & marine life devastated in SE Iran.

Video: 

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1248266688153423872

Miss England Hangs up Her Crown to Return to Work as Doctor During COVID-19 Pandemic
By Wire Service   April 7, 2020

A beauty queen who was crowned Miss England in 2019 has returned to the United Kingdom from overseas charity work to continue her career as a doctor amid the CCP virus pandemic.

Bhasha Mukherjee took a career break as a junior doctor after competing in the Miss World pageant in December 2019. Mukherjee represented England at the pageant after winning Miss England.

Invited to be an ambassador for several charities, Mukherjee had planned to hang up her stethoscope and focus on humanitarian work until August this year.

Read more at: https://www.ntd.com/miss-england-hangs-up-her-crown-to-return-to-work-as-doctor-during-coronavirus-pandemic_452969.html

So, she must be of Hindu origin, nice story.

Boy! More mean-spiritedness out of WaPo, just posting the headline, speaking of VN:

This pandemic is Trump’s Vietnam. He has earned his bone spurs.
By  Dana Milbank
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/07/this-pandemic-is-trumps-vietnam-he-has-earned-his-bone-spurs/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1128 on: April 09, 2020, 03:32:57 pm »
Wouldn't that be attempting to prove a negative?  It's a sure bet those advocating the lockdowns of the population will claim credit for any shortfall of dead bodies.

I don't think you have to be an "advocate" of the lockdown to wonder if it actually helped mitigate the spread of the disease @Cyber Liberty

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1129 on: April 09, 2020, 03:33:35 pm »
Sad news on many levels @skeeter sorry to hear that.  I'll be praying for her.

Thats all I could offer my cousins, as well. Thanks @Bigun & @TomSea
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:34:41 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1130 on: April 09, 2020, 03:36:54 pm »
I don't think you have to be an "advocate" of the lockdown to wonder if it actually helped mitigate the spread of the disease @Cyber Liberty

True.  I guess my point, if there was one, is rigid thinking helps nobody? :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1131 on: April 09, 2020, 03:37:43 pm »
In a word, yes.

May your chains rest lightly.

I got no chains on me.......... only those of Jesus Christ, and His yoke is easy and His burden light.  I am as free as I have ever been.

But thanks for the thought.

Again....... be well.  Stay safe.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1132 on: April 09, 2020, 03:39:35 pm »
My aunt suffered a massive stroke on Monday. She's hovering on the edge right now. Her son, who has been incarcerated for years, was released early to visit her but neither he, my aunt's daughter or husband are allowed to enter the hospital.

The hospital staff have asked the family to stop calling because each time they do a nurse must bring my aunt the phone and hold it to her ear.

No encouragement or comfort for her will come from family. So she most likely will die alone.

This is other side of this 'compassionate' quarantine.

I will pray for your aunt and your family, @skeeter.  I'm so sorry!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1133 on: April 09, 2020, 03:43:17 pm »
I'm familiar with your POV on the reaction to the coronavirus @Bigun ---and I respect it.   I would be willing to jump on the bandwagon you're on .... but first I need proof that the decrease in dire predictions and hospitals not overflowing are not due to the mitigation efforts Americans have embraced.

Have you any links to support mitigation efforts did not have a positive affect?

Yes, in fact, I do!  Listen to your own Dr. Fauci closely:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Our friend @massadvj lays it all out for you here @Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:44:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1134 on: April 09, 2020, 03:48:42 pm »

The virus has killed more Americans than 911.  We didn't just blow off 911.

China has released this on the world, that's where I'd find problems.

@TomSea

Highlighted in bold because people need to remember and focus on THIS FACT.

BTW,did you know that Pelosi's husband has a law firm that represents China in the US,and that he was even a partner in NORINCO,until the Chinese reps in Long Beach had to shut the doors and leave on the first thing flying to escape arrest.

According to the BATF they were selling machine guns to gangs,including Mexican Drug Cartels,and smuggling them into the country hidden in shipments of semi-auto AK-47 clones.

Or at least that was what they said in the required briefing to a Senate Committee that Nancy chairs,the day before the raid was scheduled.

Oddly enough,within hours of briefing her Senate Committee,EVERY Chinese national in the US associated with NORINCO fled the country on the first thing smoking. The BATF raided warehouses and confiscated machineguns the next morning,but there was nobody there to arrest.

Go figure.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1135 on: April 09, 2020, 03:51:54 pm »

The patients were treated at three different Israeli medical centers for one week under the country’s compassionate use program and were suffering from acute respiratory failure and inflammatory complications associated with COVID-19. Four of the patients also demonstrated failure of other organ systems, including cardiovascular and kidney failure.

@TomSea

YIKES! Those were some tough hills to climb,and a LOT to ask from a new drug treatment!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1136 on: April 09, 2020, 03:53:02 pm »
@TomSea

Highlighted in bold because people need to remember and focus on THIS FACT.

BTW,did you know that Pelosi's husband has a law firm that represents China in the US,and that he was even a partner in NORINCO,until the Chinese reps in Long Beach had to shut the doors and leave on the first thing flying to escape arrest.

According to the BATF they were selling machine guns to gangs,including Mexican Drug Cartels,and smuggling them into the country hidden in shipments of semi-auto AK-47 clones.

Or at least that was what they said in the required briefing to a Senate Committee that Nancy chairs,the day before the raid was scheduled.

Oddly enough,within hours of briefing her Senate Committee,EVERY Chinese national in the US associated with NORINCO fled the country on the first thing smoking. The BATF raided warehouses and confiscated machineguns the next morning,but there was nobody there to arrest.

Go figure.

And don't forget about the Senator from California (Mrs. Feinstein).  She's long been on the CHICOM payroll as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1137 on: April 09, 2020, 03:53:52 pm »

Taiwan’s exclusion from the WHO, due to objections from China which claims the island as its own, has infuriated the Taipei government during the coronavirus outbreak.

@TomSea

Gee,I wonder why a little thing like that would upset them?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1138 on: April 09, 2020, 04:06:59 pm »
Wouldn't that be attempting to prove a negative?

It's a sure bet those advocating the lockdowns of the population will claim credit for any shortfall of dead bodies.

You can't prove that prayer works, but I'm pretty sure that the prayers of God's people are helping create a "shortfall of dead bodies."

Simple fact:  Viruses are carried by people.  If people have less contact with other people, then there will be less spread of the disease.  (I'd give some facts, but some sensitive types might thing it's 'bragging."  *****rollingeyes*****)

It may not be provable, but the opposite argument is also unprovable.  And it's a sure bet (actually, it's already happening) that the lower death count is being used as an argument that this was all much ado about nothing.

I say, shouldn't we rejoice that the worst case scenarios were wrong, and not be saying "I told you so!  I was right that this was no big deal!"?

No matter which side one is on, one should be happy that there is not as much death as there might have been.

Online DB

« Reply #1139 on: April 09, 2020, 04:08:40 pm »
Wouldn't that be attempting to prove a negative?

It's a sure bet those advocating the lockdowns of the population will claim credit for any shortfall of dead bodies.

All the choices are bad. Bad things were and are going to happen no matter what path was chosen. Only in the aftermath will we be able to analyze what actually happened, what different states and countries did differently and what the outcomes were based on those different approaches.

I do know this. China has very little regard for human life. Economic considerations comes first there. And yet they completely closed down the most productive cities in their country once they realized what they were dealing with.

I also know that politically it is virtually impossible for those in charge to survive people dying in significant numbers without taking decisive action to combat it. Even if the action isn't necessarily effective.

In my opinion the most useful thing is keeping our medical people from reaching triage levels. Triage brings many horrors that are best avoided. That can be attacked on multiple fronts and and should be on a local level. Increasing the number of beds where required and producing more supplies that those beds require. In locations where there are significant numbers of empty beds people should be encouraged to go out and live their lives for as long as there are the resources available to treat those who get sick. And the opposite in those locations where the hospitals are getting near the edge.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1140 on: April 09, 2020, 04:26:59 pm »
I will pray for your aunt and your family, @skeeter.  I'm so sorry!

Thanks very much @musiclady. Very weird & difficult times.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1141 on: April 09, 2020, 04:33:07 pm »
People who know?  You mean like the “people who know” that just two weeks ago that were predicting 200k deaths in this country by this week?

Oh wait...they knocked it down to 80k this week a few days ago.

The “people who know” that were claiming beds would be overflowing with virus patients to the point where hospitals would have enough room for all oft hem and would have to implement rationed care?

Are those the “people who know” that you’re referring to?
Maybe she means the researchers in North Carolina from back in 2015 who were splicing Bat coronavirus into mouse adapted SARS-CoV backbones and inventing new more lethal human infecting forms resistant to vaccines or drugs, alongside two Chinese researchers from Wuhan. https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

Maybe they "knew something", too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1142 on: April 09, 2020, 04:37:43 pm »
Boy, continuing from above on Wapo, they were even harsh on McConnell, this is beyond the pale.

Mike@Doranimated
When you imagine your US political rival to be "sitting on a throne of skulls," it's a clear indication you have been locked alone in your basement for days, binging on an exclusive diet of Netflix and CNN. Shut off the computer. Go for a bike ride.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1248276969353105409

Oh, I just saw this posted under editorials.

Also, while here, story from TheSun.co.uk on how a sneeze can travel.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11359723/video-cough-can-spread-cloud-coronavirus-across-supermarket-lingers/

It's irritating stuff. I hope this is not offensive to anyone.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1143 on: April 09, 2020, 04:37:59 pm »
Thanks for the intelligent response to a complex issue.  Understanding your thought process in evaluating what's happening is so helpful. /heavy sarcasm

Success:  Because of early intervention in Ohio, the numbers of cases, hospitalizations and deaths are much lower than in other neighboring populous states where the measures were taken much later. 

Michigan, more than 20,000 cases, Pennsylvania almost 17,000 cases, Ohio, 5,000 cases.

Because of that, Ohio hospitals have had more time to get equipment, to increase capacity, and to protect healthcare workers on the front lines, treatments are having some success, and the vaccine is closer to coming into being.

But of course, to you that isn't success, because you want the virus to run its course immediately, let people die from it, healthcare workers and treatments be damned.

We'll never find common ground here, because I find your callousness inexcusable, and you find my desire to save lives 'bullcrap.'

I want to remain friends with you because in most areas we are in agreement.  On this issue, with my lifetime of exposure to the medical profession, medical professionals and a caring hospital staff and administration, and my hearing what they are saying (to a person) on this pandemic, I will never agree with the "let them die" attitude you have.

So I will probably put you back on Ignore so I don't lose any more respect for you.
Hmmm. Apparently Democrat strongholds are hit hardest.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1144 on: April 09, 2020, 04:38:18 pm »
Yes, in fact, I do!  Listen to your own Dr. Fauci closely:

Our friend @massadvj lays it all out for you here @Right_in_Virginia 

Be all that as it may, we actually have a petri dish that will help us understand the value or non-value of strong mitigation.  It's called "Sweden".

Infections in Sweden have risen exponentially since February and their death rates surpass their neighboring countries by astonishing rates.  The PM now cautions that death rates will be measured in the thousands and has presented Parliament with a plan to implement the type of lockdown other countries have been under for weeks.  Lots of information is found by entering "Coronavirus in Sweden" as a Google search. 

Sweden is worth watching if one is open to the possibility that early and strong mitigation works. 

Right here in the US ... I'd point you to California's infection and death curve after an earlier "lockdown" and compare it with New York's.  Which state is better off?

As a final observation, the "your own Dr. Fauci" is unfounded and a bit too snarky.  I hope you can rein in this kneejerk reaction.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1145 on: April 09, 2020, 04:42:27 pm »
This is real bad, what does CHINA do with the money they spend to make other nations subservient?  And thinking about it, China has a billion plus people, so yes, they need to feed them as we feed our people.

So, she must be of Hindu origin, nice story.

Boy! More mean-spiritedness out of WaPo, just posting the headline, speaking of VN:

This pandemic is Trump’s Vietnam. He has earned his bone spurs.
    By  Dana Milbank
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/07/this-pandemic-is-trumps-vietnam-he-has-earned-his-bone-spurs/

Well, if it is his Vietnam, let's remember who lost that war. It wasn't the troops on the ground, it was the Media and the Democrats.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1146 on: April 09, 2020, 04:45:47 pm »
Prayers up for all y'all.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1147 on: April 09, 2020, 05:10:21 pm »

Yes, they are.  I'm so sorry you have to go through this right now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1148 on: April 09, 2020, 05:13:28 pm »
Hmmm. Apparently Democrat strongholds are hit hardest.

Yep.   Their leadership doesn't exist.  Their common sense doesn't exist.  Their concern for life doesn't exist.

IOW, they are all around stupid.

For the first few weeks of this, they spent all their time blaming Trump and doing nothing.  The people of their states are the losers for it.

(And I didn't even mention New York in my list of messed up states).

Offline TomSea

World Health Organization is 'Beijing's handmaid' in coronavirus pandemic
« Reply #1149 on: April 09, 2020, 05:52:27 pm »
Excerpts, nice rundown of what a few Republicans have said on this issue including John Bolton.:

World Health Organization is 'Beijing's handmaid' in coronavirus pandemic
'Should have known it was dealing with a bad-faith actor'
 By WND Staff
Published April 7, 2020

Sen. Marthy McSally, R-Ariz., has called for the resignation of WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus for his defense of China's actions and his close ties to the communist regime.

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., wants a Senate Homeland Security Committee investigation into WHO's actions.

Fox News reported former national security adviser John Bolton also has been critical of the WHO.

He called the Tedros an "accomplice to China's massive coverup" and said he should resign.

Read more at: https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/world-health-organization-beijings-handmaid-coronavirus-pandemic/