Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline berdie

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1075 on: April 08, 2020, 08:40:16 pm »
I just hope and pray some terrorist isn't thinking, you know this corona virus just took down the world's economy....let's see what we can conjure up.  Scary...….

That thought has crossed my mind as well.

Online DB

« Reply #1076 on: April 08, 2020, 08:55:42 pm »
I just hope and pray some terrorist isn't thinking, you know this corona virus just took down the world's economy....let's see what we can conjure up.  Scary...….

That terrorist would be an eco-warrior to "save the planet" from people... There seems to be plenty that think that way.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
China Could Face Lawsuits Totaling Trillions Over Handling of Coronavirus
« Reply #1077 on: April 08, 2020, 09:08:16 pm »
Radio Free Asia 4/7/2020

China could face trillions of dollars in international lawsuits for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic, which first emerged in Wuhan as early as November, according to a London-based think-tank.

Nations who are part of the G7 and other governments could sue the ruling Chinese Communist Party for damages to their economies and national infrastructure after the country breached the International Health Regulations, a legally binding international treaty to which China is a signatory, the Henry Jackson Society said in a report published this week.

"These breaches allowed the outbreak to rapidly spread outside Wuhan, its place of origin," the report said, citing the failure to disclose evidence of human to-human transmission for as long as three weeks after first becoming aware of it.

More: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/coronavirus-lawsuits-04072020152630.html

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Is tropical Asia relatively immune to Covid-19?
« Reply #1078 on: April 08, 2020, 09:22:49 pm »
Third-World countries are not renowned for data gathering or honesty. That ignored ...

It is not news that some viruses survive less long in the air or on surfaces in warmer weather. This may be a factor in cold or flu season. But we are not likely to be able to discern whether this coronavirus "prefers" cold weather for at least a year or two.

Tropical countries have something else in common, malaria. The malaria pest is not homogeneous. Meds that work well in one part of the world are ineffective in others. But there are at least some areas where hydroxychloroquine is in use, and may have prevented or accidentally "treated" coronavirus infections. And in areas where another anti-malarial drug is used, some of those may also be found to be effective against this coronavirus. Which is a long way of saying that the various anti-malarial drugs used in tropical countries may have prevented or rendered too mild to gain attention coronavirus infections in those countries.

Or not. Like I said, Third-World countries are not renowned for data gathering or honesty.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Prayers for the PM and his partner.

It must be terrifying to be pregnant now.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1080 on: April 08, 2020, 11:42:37 pm »
Coronavirus: Rebecca Mack's friends pay tribute after nurse's death

Tributes have been paid to a nurse who has died after it is believed she contracted coronavirus.

Rebecca Mack, 29, had worked in the children's cancer unit at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary before leaving to take up other roles in the health sector.

Ms Mack, of Morpeth, Northumberland, died on Sunday.

The 29-year-old was described as a "one-off" by friends

Read more at:  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-52217426

Downplay the danger, we should not put our healthcare workers' lives in danger over our own selfishness. I get it. Won't change my mind.  I don't know how many innocents, nurses, bus drivers as in a case in Detroit,  store workers and so on must die from this.  We can do minimum to minimize this.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1081 on: April 08, 2020, 11:48:36 pm »
According to the infometer @TomSea

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: French Police Attacked in Multiple No-Go Zones Despite Lockdown Measures
« Reply #1082 on: April 09, 2020, 12:05:31 am »
Why bother even going into them?
Let the muzzies solve their own problems.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1083 on: April 09, 2020, 01:16:05 am »
Downplay the danger, we should not put our healthcare workers' lives in danger over our own selfishness. I get it. Won't change my mind.  I don't know how many innocents, nurses, bus drivers as in a case in Detroit,  store workers and so on must die from this.  We can do minimum to minimize this.

Now do other communicable diseases they are exposed to on a daily basis.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1084 on: April 09, 2020, 01:55:41 am »

Apparently staying at home is just too great a sacrifice for some to save the lives of our healthcare workers on the front lines.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1085 on: April 09, 2020, 01:58:27 am »
Now do other communicable diseases they are exposed to on a daily basis.

Why is it that the health care workers themselves across the board are telling us how different this is from ANY other health crisis they’ve faced?

We need to listen to them.  The information is out there to answer your question.

Why don’t you find out the answer from the people who know??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1086 on: April 09, 2020, 02:11:59 am »
Why is it that the health care workers themselves across the board are telling us how different this is from ANY other health crisis they’ve faced? 

What other health crisis have these same workers faced?  Did they say?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1087 on: April 09, 2020, 02:19:56 am »
We've had these threads since January 16th, 2020...  so, a lot has already been said, probably some of the longest threads yet ever in this forum.

Almost every country in the world has taken severe measures.  Russia, France, UK, South American countries, Japan, Australia, Africa. How can all of these people be wrong? And in some countries they are not successfully combating the virus.

Israel.  Germany.

The virus has killed more Americans than 911.  We didn't just blow off 911.

China has released this on the world, that's where I'd find problems.

It's already been explained, it could cripple our healthcare system. Have a broken leg?? Wait for the coronavirus patients to go first, in fact, there are already some stories coming out on some patients who are not carriers of the virus to go elsewhere.

So, one says, oh, some of these deaths have other causes, well, they are also saying we are probably getting under-reported counts of cases and deaths.  Oh, and yes, NYC is reporting what is it? Around 200 deaths per day vs. without corona, more in the neighborhood of 150 a day? That article was posted today.

Causes lung damage? Fertility problems? Just read up.

Mexico headed towards a doctor shortage.. Everywhere quarantining or shutting down, Philippines, SE Asia and so on. India conceivably could have big problems. A lot of this has already been discussed.

Loss of civil liberties? Like in the UAE? Drones with cameras? China? Facial recognition software?  And so on.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1088 on: April 09, 2020, 02:30:02 am »
Ok. I am going to go down the rabbit hole tomorrow.

First article posted will be "Why didn't Bill Gates have his children vaccinated?

Look it up if you have the interest.

I have pnuemonia. And something is going wrong with my right eye. I am going to bed.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #1089 on: April 09, 2020, 02:34:28 am »
Ok. I am going to go down the rabbit hole tomorrow.

First article posted will be "Why didn't Bill Gates have his children vaccinated?

Look it up if you have the interest.

I have pnuemonia. And something is going wrong with my right eye. I am going to bed.

Get some sleep and I hope you feel better in the morning! If you really have pneumonia have you contacted your doctor? You probably need antibiotics.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1090 on: April 09, 2020, 02:45:53 am »
Get some sleep and I hope you feel better in the morning! If you really have pneumonia have you contacted your doctor? You probably need antibiotics.

I'm taking two. My doc closed his office. He will phone in scripts. I get this crap every year since 2004. It usually comes on about the time a cold or flu I have abates. They told me way back I will "always" have it.

So yeah, if I get covid it may kill me. It is getting better.

So I had the flu and it had pretty much disappeared and a couple of days later my lungs filled up and same old same old.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 02:48:29 am by bigheadfred »

Offline TomSea

‘His Condition is Improving’: UK PM Boris Johnson ‘Sitting up in Bed’ in London Hospital
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/04/08/his-condition-is-improving-boris-johnson-sitting-up-in-bed/

Offline dfwgator

Offline Gemmarose

Continued prayers for a speedy recovery
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1094 on: April 09, 2020, 04:03:57 am »
Jerusalem Post Breaking News
BREAKING NEWS
20 doctors at Mexican public hospital test positive for coronavirus
By REUTERS   APRIL 8, 2020 21:05

At least 20 doctors at a public hospital outside Mexico City have tested positive for the coronavirus, the head of Mexico's social security institute (IMSS) said on Wednesday, in the second major outbreak among health workers in the country.

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/20-doctors-at-Mexican-public-hospital-test-positive-for-coronavirus-624074

Jerusalem Post Health & Science
Israeli COVID-19 treatment shows 100% survival rate - preliminary data
Not only have all the patients survived, according to Pluristem, but four of them showed improvement in respiratory parameters.
By MAAYAN JAFFE-HOFFMAN   APRIL 8, 2020 23:59

Six critically ill coronavirus patients in Israel who are considered high-risk for mortality have been treated with Pluristem’s placenta-based cell-therapy product and survived, according to preliminary data provided by the Haifa-based company.

The patients were treated at three different Israeli medical centers for one week under the country’s compassionate use program and were suffering from acute respiratory failure and inflammatory complications associated with COVID-19. Four of the patients also demonstrated failure of other organ systems, including cardiovascular and kidney failure.

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-COVID-19-treatment-shows-100-percent-survival-rate-preliminary-data-624058

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1095 on: April 09, 2020, 07:33:28 am »
Taiwan rebuffs accusations it racially attacked WHO chief
Ben Blanchard

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan on Thursday angrily condemned accusations from the World Health Organization’s (WHO) boss that racist slurs against him had come from the island, saying racism did not exist in Taiwan in an escalation of its bitter quarrel with the body.

Taiwan’s exclusion from the WHO, due to objections from China which claims the island as its own, has infuriated the Taipei government during the coronavirus outbreak.

Taiwan says it has been unable to get timely information and that Taiwanese lives have become political pawns. The WHO denies this.

Read more at:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-taiwan-who/taiwan-rebuffs-accusations-it-racially-attacked-who-chief-idUSKCN21R04R

The article does not state what could have been racist that Tedros accuses Taiwan of or I missed it.  So, Taiwan probably said nothing of the sort.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1096 on: April 09, 2020, 07:45:59 am »
The Latest: India identifies, seals coronavirus hot spots
Indian authorities have identified and sealed dozens of hot spots in the Indian capital and neighboring Uttar Pradesh state comprising residential districts to check the rising trajectory of new coronavirus infections
By  The Associated Press
April 9, 2020,

NEW DELHI — Indian authorities have identified and sealed dozens of hot spots in the Indian capital and the neighboring Uttar Pradesh state comprising residential districts to check the rising trajectory of new coronavirus infections.

Government statements late Wednesday said people will be supplied food, medicines and other supplies at their doorsteps and they will not be allowed to leave these areas.

Authorities also made it compulsory for people to wear face masks when stepping outdoors in areas not covered by these restrictions in the two states.

More at: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/latest-india-identifies-seals-coronavirus-hot-spots-70058601

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1097 on: April 09, 2020, 07:48:23 am »
Coronavirus Is Killing Lopez Obrador’s Big Plans for Mexico

His “Fourth Transformation” is a victim of his failure to take the pandemic seriously.

Blog Post by Shannon K. O'Neil      April 7, 2020

Covid-19 has come to Mexico. Factories are shut, planes grounded, beaches empty. Some 2,000 are now infected and dozens dead; cases have been doubling every few days. For weeks, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador blithely ignored the lessons coming out of Italy, Spain and elsewhere. He held rallies, hugged supporters, kissed children and made fun of safety recommendations.

When the federal government did finally announce social distancing measures to begin on March 23, the president wasn’t the one who faced the nation. Instead he sent a Health Ministry undersecretary to urge citizens to stay home. Later the Foreign Minister, not the president, declared a national emergency.

Only now, two weeks later, has the president finally addressed the nation. His speech revealed his limits as a leader, and leaves Mexico unprepared to face the pandemic, rescue the economy or bring the nation together. This failure threatens not just his once sky-high approval ratings, but also the viability of his ambitious economic and political project.

More at: https://www.cfr.org/blog/coronavirus-killing-lopez-obradors-big-plans-mexico

Mexico, India, Brazil potentially could all have big problems with this virus.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1098 on: April 09, 2020, 07:58:29 am »
China defends World Health Organization after Trump slams agency, floats funding freeze
By Barnini Chakraborty | Fox News

China's propaganda machine on Wednesday mounted a furious defense of the World Health Organization (WHO) less than 24 hours after President Trump slammed the global agency and threatened to pull millions of dollars in U.S. funding.

"As UN spokesman said, it's clear that WHO, under Dr. Tedros' [Adhanom Ghegreyesus'] leadership, has done tremendous work on COVID. WHO is showing the strength of the intl [sic] health system. We need solidarity and cooperation than ever to win the fight," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying tweeted.

Another tweet from China's official Ministry of Foreign Affairs' account read: "During the ASEAN+3 Health Ministers Special Video Meeting on #COVID19 convened on Apr 7, China, shared its control measures and knowledge about the virus, exchanged views on best practices and emphasized the leadership of WHO in global response efforts."

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-world-health-organization-trump

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1099 on: April 09, 2020, 08:00:56 am »
Coronavirus in Suifenhe: Remote border town locks down as China opens up

A Chinese city on the Russian border is entering a "lockdown" due to an increase in coronavirus cases - even as the rest of China cautiously opens up.

In Suifenhe, 1,000 miles from Beijing, people have been ordered to stay indoors, with some exceptions.

The border is closed to people, although not goods, and a 600-bed isolation hospital is being built.

Read more at:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52225475

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:13:36 am by TomSea »