Author Topic: New York AG orders televangelist Jim Bakker to stop advertising 'Silver Solution' as coronavirus tre  (Read 476 times)

Offline Applewood

New York AG orders televangelist Jim Bakker to stop advertising 'Silver Solution' as coronavirus treatment

As New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo declares a state of emergency amid a spike in coronavirus cases, the state's attorney general, Letitia James, is going after a Chrisitan televangelist for "false advertising."
…
Lisa Landau sent a "cease and desist" letter to Bakker, who has previously served jail time for federal fraud and conspiracy charges in the 90s, on March 3 giving him 10 business days to comply or possibly face a fine of $5,000 per violation.
…
The World Health Organization said there is no known FDA approved medicine or vaccine able to prevent or treat COVID-19 at this time.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-televangelist-jim-bakker-silver-solution-coronavirus

Offline Idiot

New York AG orders televangelist Jim Bakker to stop advertising 'Silver Solution' as coronavirus treatment

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-televangelist-jim-bakker-silver-solution-coronavirus
Can't believe people fall for that stuff.  From the holy water and holy pieces of cloth that they hawk from the pulpit.  Ughhhh!  Left the tv on the other night and at 4 am I woke up to hear some televangelist trying to get you to "sow your $1000 seed" and you'd be financially blessed beyond measure. 

Then my very own pastor...as our church has committed to building a huge new building (which I am against), preaching from the pulpit how we need to sacrifice by cutting out all unnecessary expenses so we can give.  Then proclaims he's leaving for Israel tomorrow for a trip before retiring in August.  Ughhhhhhh!  Seems like he could cut out that trip and just fork over the money for this project....lol. 

Rant over.....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Can't believe people fall for that stuff.  From the holy water and holy pieces of cloth that they hawk from the pulpit.  Ughhhh!  Left the tv on the other night and at 4 am I woke up to hear some televangelist trying to get you to "sow your $1000 seed" and you'd be financially blessed beyond measure. 

Then my very own pastor...as our church has committed to building a huge new building (which I am against), preaching from the pulpit how we need to sacrifice by cutting out all unnecessary expenses so we can give.  Then proclaims he's leaving for Israel tomorrow for a trip before retiring in August.  Ughhhhhhh!  Seems like he could cut out that trip and just fork over the money for this project....lol. 

Rant over.....

Can't believe this huckster is still at it.  Back in the late '70's our dorm in college used to have late night PTL drinking parties lauging at these pathetic people....

1 shot if either Jim or Tammy Fay cried, 2 shots if Jim Bakker begged for money, and 3 shots is Tammy Fay smeared her makeup.  Needless to say we stayed pretty intoxicated.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:28:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

He should have called it a "nutritional supplement" and say that it supports the immune system in fighting against corona, flu, and cold viruses. That probably would pass legal muster. :sarc:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

I know he's been selling survival food packs in recent years. Didn't know he'd gotten into pharmacology, too.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Bakker wasn't the only one:
...  The letters, sent jointly by the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission, warned the companies their products for treating COVID-19 were fraudulent, “pose significant risks to patient health and violate federal law.”

There are no approved treatments for the new virus. Potential treatments and vaccines now in testing won’t be ready for many months or more than a year, but fake ones keep popping up.

The two agencies sent letters to these companies: Vital Silver, Quinessence Aromatherapy Ltd., N-Energetics, GuruNanda LLC, Vivify Holistic Clinic, Herbal Amy LLC and The Jim Bakker Show.  ...
Boston Herald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I know he's been selling survival food packs in recent years. Didn't know he'd gotten into pharmacology, too.  :pondering:

Man's made a career of scamming innocent folks. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mortarman

Man's made a career of scamming innocent folks.

Like any other snake oil salesman.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline verga

I swear I thought he was still in prison.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

I swear I thought he was still in prison.

Paroled in 1994.  But obviously, he hasn't been rehabilitated.  LOL

Offline mountaineer

Hey, a guy's gotta make a living!  22222frying pan (He and the other corona virus hucksters, that is).