Author Topic: Biden mixes up wife and sister, Brit Hume worries his gaffes are the ‘old and senile’ kind  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Applewood

Points taken.  That's why I am so happy we have an indiviual of the caliber of Mike Pence in the bullpen.

And Pence is a youngster at age 60. 

I was rather neutral about Pence before this past weekend's coronavirus news conference.  At that conference, he really impressed me with his take-charge, can-do attitude.  Maybe it was all bovine excrement, but now I like him.  He seems to know what he's doing.

Offline musiclady

There are no Democrats any more who are remotely comparable to the 70s and 80s.  They are not "moderates" in the Scoop Jackson/Sam Nunn ... much less the Gebhardt/O'Neill .. way back then.

The GOP has transitioned INTO the Party of Conservatism.   

I'm not going to list all of Trump's pro-American/pro-Constitution/pro-Busines Conservative accomplishments any more.

This forum is wrecked from TDS/Never Trump idiocy.

Then why are you here?

There are plenty of forums where groupthink is demanded and individual thought is forbidden.

The fresh air here clearly bothers you. Why continue to subject yourself to freedom when there are so many political prisons out there where lemmings are welcomed?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ArneFufkin

I know you don’t, child.

Independent thought and Conservatism scare you.

Btw , I AM voting.

Now go pick a fight with someone else.

You can’t win with me..... even if you lie and distort.

Truth always prevails in the end, and you have to ignore truth to keep up this little game you’re playing and losing....

If you don't vote for Trump .... or whomever comes out of the Dem Primary ... then your vote MEANS NOTHING.  That's our American electoral; choice ... Trump vs. a Leftist.  That's the choice

Your "vote" that doesn't involve Trump or a Democratic candidate?   LMAO.   

It'll be a vanity, self-aggrandizing and narcissistic vote so you can feel great about your unassailable Conservative "virtue".

You accomplished nothing, you've protected nothing ... you've made no difference in blocking the Lefty Barbarians WITHIN our gate.  You've done nothing to promote Conservative governance, you've done nothing to promote the values and policies you allegedly hold, you've done nothing to maintain a Trump Administration that has de-regulated, put Conservative Jurists on Benches, protected our borders, made us energy independent ....  I'm tired of trying to inform you TDS people here.

You've done NOTHING.  ZERO besides being a noisy wraith on a political website.  Keep your delusion alive.   

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 06:56:08 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline ArneFufkin

Then why are you here?

There are plenty of forums where groupthink is demanded and individual thought is forbidden.

The fresh air here clearly bothers you. Why continue to subject yourself to freedom when there are so many political prisons out there where lemmings are welcomed?

I'm here at an allegedly "Conservative" forum to expose "STUPIDTHINK".

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Frustration is understandable but there's no reason to put the forum down.

TOS is full of Russian Assad type defenders. Even if they have more people, that's pretty despicable.

And as for Biden, well, this error seems significant. There were times during these debates, he did seem lucid.  So, we will see.

These people, Trump Biden, Bernie, all of them, have a lot on their minds though, confusing wife and sister, I don't know. Maybe he was up on stage and just miffed it up.

Offline musiclady

I'm here at an allegedly "Conservative" forum to expose "STUPIDTHINK".

No.

You're here to cause trouble and attack Conservatives, and I'm done with being an enabler to a bully.

Bye.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

I had to hunt down Biden's words from debate 8 of the Democratic candidates.

Was his North Korea answer strange?

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/02/26/789565/

Mr. Vice President, how would you deal with North Korea?

BIDEN: You don’t negotiate with a dictator, give him legitimacy without any notion whether he is going to do anything at all. You don’t do that. Look what happened. He gave this dictator — he’s a thug — legitimacy. We’ve weakened the sanctions around the world against holding us — committing people not to trade, if anything from oil to parts — that can deal with providing missile technology. And what’s happened? It’s been weakened.

I would be in Beijing, I would be calling to — I would be speaking with Xi Jinping. I would be reassigning the relationship between the Japan and South Korea, and I would make it clear, I would make it clear to China, we are going to continue to move closer to make sure that we can, in fact, prevent China — prevent North Korea from launching missiles to take them down.

O’DONNELL: OK.

BIDEN: And if we don’t — why am I stopping? No one else stops.

I thought, in the debate in 2012 vs. Paul Ryan, Biden came off as obnoxious, almost drunk. 

So, I'm not sure if he is excitable at times or what?

Offline TomSea

In part, voting is about keeping the other party out, not that you necessarily love your own party's candidate.

Apparently, many voters will vote to keep Trump out, I will vote to keep whomever the Democrats put up there. I thought the Obama presidency was catastrophic but it's like "you haven't seen nothing  yet" by the Democrats.

Offline ArneFufkin

Frustration is understandable but there's no reason to put the forum down.

TOS is full of Russian Assad type defenders. Even if they have more people, that's pretty despicable.

And as for Biden, well, this error seems significant. There were times during these debates, he did seem lucid.  So, we will see.

These people, Trump Biden, Bernie, all of them, have a lot on their minds though, confusing wife and sister, I don't know. Maybe he was up on stage and just miffed it up.

Biden gets a pass on this one from me.  He was fired up in front of a raucous crowd and he never looked around before he grabbed Jill and mis-identified her as his sister.

Calling  Super Tuesday as "Super Thursday" and all his other gaffes?  Starting a rally by thinking them for his "run for the Senate"?   Forgetting his point regarding the Pre-Amble to the Declaration and dropping the line halfway through?

My issue regarding the Forum?   In golfing vernacular, this site has become the "collection area" for Never Trump trolls.

I'll take my leave.  Done it before.  The stakes are SO HIGH right now, and Trump's policy outcomes to benefit most every Conservative priority after his election makes the relentless siege by the TDS crew beyond tiresome.

TRUMP 2020!    :laugh:

Offline ArneFufkin

No.

You're here to cause trouble and attack Conservatives, and I'm done with being an enabler to a bully.

Bye.

Conservatives ACT.

You EMOTE.

Offline musiclady

Conservatives ACT.

You EMOTE.

Still flailing.  Still irrational. Still amusing. Still losing. 

Offline Applewood

In part, voting is about keeping the other party out, not that you necessarily love your own party's candidate.

Apparently, many voters will vote to keep Trump out, I will vote to keep whomever the Democrats put up there. I thought the Obama presidency was catastrophic but it's like "you haven't seen nothing  yet" by the Democrats.

It's certainly your right to vote as you see fit.  I may not agree with your choice, but I will defend your right to make that choice. 

I resent those who tell me I have only two choices or I have to vote for X to "save us" from Y.  And I don't like those who tell me if I don't vote for X, then I'm a traitor, enemy of the state or whatever.  Do not ever try to guilt me into voting for Trump or anyone else.  People tried in 2016.  Didn't work.

As long as we still have choices, I'm going to make mine -- according to my conscience, not because someone tells me I "have to" vote their way. 

Offline TomSea

It's certainly your right to vote as you see fit.  I may not agree with your choice, but I will defend your right to make that choice. 

I resent those who tell me I have only two choices or I have to vote for X to "save us" from Y.  And I don't like those who tell me if I don't vote for X, then I'm a traitor, enemy of the state or whatever.  Do not ever try to guilt me into voting for Trump or anyone else.  People tried in 2016.  Didn't work.

As long as we still have choices, I'm going to make mine -- according to my conscience, not because someone tells me I "have to" vote their way.

I must have missed where one commanded you to vote a certain way.  This is a discussion forum after all. Please don't try to lay that guilt trip on others.

Offline musiclady

It seems the concept of freedom is anathema to some here, and that they believe bullying will beat us out of thinking for ourselves.

The problem for me is that I very much respect those who feel that, in spite of his failings as a human being, they need to vote for him. I know MANY people who have come to that conclusion, and I understand and respect that.

The problem comes with the inability some here have to respect Conservatives for whom voting for Trump is a bridge too far, and feel the childish need to belittle us.

IMO, in their bullying, they just make themselves look like leftists...

Intolerant and decidedly unAmerican.

Offline musiclady

I must have missed where one commanded you to vote a certain way.  This is a discussion forum after all. Please don't try to lay that guilt trip on others.

If you want to see a guilt trip, see Arne’s infantile behavior above.

Applewood wasn’t attacking you.... just voicing an alternate opinion on a discussion forum.

Offline TomSea

Biden gets a pass on this one from me.  He was fired up in front of a raucous crowd and he never looked around before he grabbed Jill and mis-identified her as his sister.

Calling  Super Tuesday as "Super Thursday" and all his other gaffes?  Starting a rally by thinking them for his "run for the Senate"?   Forgetting his point regarding the Pre-Amble to the Declaration and dropping the line halfway through?

My issue regarding the Forum?   In golfing vernacular, this site has become the "collection area" for Never Trump trolls.

I'll take my leave.  Done it before.  The stakes are SO HIGH right now, and Trump's policy outcomes to benefit most every Conservative priority after his election makes the relentless siege by the TDS crew beyond tiresome.

I agree... per detractors, in my view, not forcing it on others, in not being for the GOP nominee, they have a degree of irrelevance. The Democrats may come in to power in the White House.  It's like crying over spilt milk... but I don't think it merits too much of a hated discussion. Some have had these feelings for 4 or 5 years. Fine.

As Larry Elder always says, "We've got a country to save". None of this is meant to be a knock on anyone else. Some are definitely in the game, have skin in the game and so on.

If they are on the sidelines, so be it. I'm sure they objectively see that they too serve a purpose and I would not deny that they do.

But I don't need a "cry me a river" scenario. 

Offline musiclady

I agree... per detractors, in my view, not forcing it on others, in not being for the GOP nominee, they have a degree of irrelevance. The Democrats may come in to power in the White House.  It's like crying over spilt milk... but I don't think it merits too much of a hated discussion. Some have had these feelings for 4 or 5 years. Fine.

As Larry Elder always says, "We've got a country to save". None of this is meant to be a knock on anyone else. Some are definitely in the game, have skin in the game and so on.

If they are on the sidelines, so be it. I'm sure they objectively see that they too serve a purpose and I would not deny that they do.

But I don't need a "cry me a river" scenario.

Where you are wrong here is in calling us irrelevant with no skin in the game, or sitting on the sidelines.

NONE of that is true.

There are votes to be cast where conservative candidates actually represent our values. There is all kinds of activism and working for conservative values apart from casting a ballot for Donald Trump, and there are Conservatives all over this country doing just that.

It is a very narrow definition of involvement that requires voting for a man who doesn’t share our values.

Offline Applewood

@musiclady was right.  I was not referring to you.  I was referencing the *bleep* others have said and are saying now.  Like I told you, you have the right to your choice, just as I and others have a right to theirs.

Offline TomSea

Yesterday, Schumer went after two judges, this is a real cultural clash and even if Trump were to lose in November, the struggle simply goes on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're not voting.   Who cares? 

We're at WAR for this beautiful Republic and you've deserted.

No, I have no respect for you.

Then put her on "ignore" and don't ping her.  It's that simple, @ArneFufkin
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Then put her on "ignore" and don't ping her.  It's that simple, @ArneFufkin.

It's only simple if he doesn't want to pick a fight with the goal of bullying and insulting, and not discussion.

The sad part is that he doesn't realize how transparent his emotions and motives are.......

Online mountaineer

I resent those who tell me I have only two choices or I have to vote for X to "save us" from Y.
It usually ends up that way, though, come election day. We can vote for one of the two candidates or we can choose not to vote at all. If Bern runs third party, you'll have a third option - or you still can choose to vote only on local candidates and issues, and that's okay, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

@musiclady was right.  I was not referring to you.  I was referencing the *bleep* others have said and are saying now.  Like I told you, you have the right to your choice, just as I and others have a right to theirs.

The freedom of choosing for oneself intimidates some.......

Offline musiclady

It usually ends up that way, though, come election day. We can vote for one of the two candidates or we can choose not to vote at all. If Bern runs third party, you'll have a third option - or you still can choose to vote only on local candidates and issues, and that's okay, too.

We have some good local down ticket candidates that I will happily vote for.

As in 2016, I will have a clean conscience in not voting for Trump.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

@ArneFufkin

I pity those who suffer from cognitive dissonance and can't face facts. They are too dug in with their hatred of Trump and hide behind their purity of conservatism which could result in a totalitarian takeover of every aspect of their life. But they are the righteous.
Principles matter. Words matter.