Author Topic: Why the Taliban Is Celebrating Trump's Peace Plan  (Read 615 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Why the Taliban Is Celebrating Trump's Peace Plan
« on: March 03, 2020, 04:24:21 am »

Excerpt:

So why has it agreed to these talks now?

The answer is that the U.S. is being deliberately ambiguous about whether the Taliban is actually recognizing the elected government of Afghanistan, for which the U.S. and its coalition partners have fought and died.

The intra-Afghan negotiations envisioned by the new peace process will not take place exclusively between the elected government and the Taliban. Instead, the U.S. pushed to make sure the Afghan government side also included representatives of civil society groups and of the ruling party’s opposition.

https://www.newsmax.com/elilake/esper-nixon-afghan/2020/03/02/id/956458/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Re: Why the Taliban Is Celebrating Trump's Peace Plan
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 04:34:15 am »

Excerpt:

So why has it agreed to these talks now?

The answer is that the U.S. is being deliberately ambiguous about whether the Taliban is actually recognizing the elected government of Afghanistan, for which the U.S. and its coalition partners have fought and died.

The intra-Afghan negotiations envisioned by the new peace process will not take place exclusively between the elected government and the Taliban. Instead, the U.S. pushed to make sure the Afghan government side also included representatives of civil society groups and of the ruling party’s opposition.

https://www.newsmax.com/elilake/esper-nixon-afghan/2020/03/02/id/956458/

Two important points conveyed in the article;

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in Kabul on Saturday, the U.S. “would not hesitate to nullify the agreement” if the Taliban reneges on its commitments.

If President Donald Trump sticks to Esper’s commitment, then the peace negotiations may not be a pretext for surrender. But it’s unclear whether this is his intention. And even if it were, Democrats largely agree with him that America’s longest war is no longer worth fighting.

Sounds like they are leaving several ways to quickly abandon this deal if need be.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 04:43:59 am »
Two important points conveyed in the article;

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in Kabul on Saturday, the U.S. “would not hesitate to nullify the agreement” if the Taliban reneges on its commitments.

If President Donald Trump sticks to Esper’s commitment, then the peace negotiations may not be a pretext for surrender. But it’s unclear whether this is his intention. And even if it were, Democrats largely agree with him that America’s longest war is no longer worth fighting.

Sounds like they are leaving several ways to quickly abandon this deal if need be.

Not much faith in that.  What has he done about the human rights abuses and ethnic cleansing in Syria?  Conservatives should be concerned about this.  He is undermining an elected government.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 05:02:31 am »
Not much faith in that.  What has he done about the human rights abuses and ethnic cleansing in Syria?  Conservatives should be concerned about this.  He is undermining an elected government.

There are human rights violations and abuses all over the world -- isn't that supposed to be the duty of the U.N. to ensure that this doesn't happen?  Unfortunately they have become part of the problem rather than the solution.

In that I agree with Ron and Rand Paul; it is not our duty to be the police of the world.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 05:03:24 am »

We just demand the Taliban prisoners report back to prison.  Eazy peezy lemon squeezy

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 05:25:42 am »
We just demand the Taliban prisoners report back to prison.  Eazy peezy lemon squeezy

I love you.  Really.  You have a way of cutting to the chase.  Just post the obvious why don't you?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 05:29:20 am »
There are human rights violations and abuses all over the world -- isn't that supposed to be the duty of the U.N. to ensure that this doesn't happen?  Unfortunately they have become part of the problem rather than the solution.

In that I agree with Ron and Rand Paul; it is not our duty to be the police of the world.

I don't expect anything from the U.N.  Let me see if I get this right though.  Trump makes a big mess in Afghanistan and the U.N. is supposed to make sure Taliban don't kill, rape, acid attack.  Honor kill.  Mutilate.  Deny women all rights even to an education?  What is the U.N. going to do about the Taliban?  They are usually observers only.  And rapists of little children.

I feel like I should apologize to you.  Because everything you say I argue.  I want to agree, but looking at it I can't.  Sorry, though for the way I came across.  This is a serious issue. 

Maybe further comment.  The idea of there is human abuses all over the world is undeniable.  But it can get oh, so worse.  Have you ever read Voice of Martyrs?

https://www.persecution.com/

I thought it seems so easy to just say human abuses happen.  I was thinking about this the other day at work.  I don't think that Trump or his supporters are racist.  I know many and they are very good friends.  Good Christians.  But if you really look at it this country is taking a nationalist attitude about the world.  It doesn't jive with the Bible.  We have a great commission to go to the World and tell people about Jesus Christ.   And we have been a nation for the good even when it hurts, and it does.  I would never belittle the suffering of families from the losses that we have sustained in the ME. 

And I am not a rich person.  We live paycheck to paycheck most of the time.  It would be very easy for me to embrace the "MAGA" if it meant more for me and my family.  But there is something bigger.  Christianity isn't a nationalist religion.  We need to care about people.  We need to care about our brothers and sisters in Christ.  We need to care that extremist terrorists groups do not gain power and drive Christians out of their homes. 

I am passionate about it.

And Christianity is growing in Afghanistan

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=christians+in+Afghanistan&docid=607990407407600695&mid=02D6722924DCF54AA92202D6722924DCF54AA922&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

“A country with 48,000 mosques and not one church building; ranked #3 (behind North Korea and Somalia) on Open Door's World Watch List of countries where Christian persecution is most severe, is listed by Operation World as the country with the second fastest church growth in the world. That country is Afghanistan.

Not to diminish this fact, but one reason the growth rate appears high is because the evangelical population is so small to begin with. Still, this trend is confirmed by all of our ministry partners working with Afghans both inside and outside the country. There is, without a doubt, a significant, identifiable work of God, such as never before, taking place among Afghans today.

https://ipcprayer.org/ipc-connections/item/10832-afghanistan-a-nation-where-christ-s-church-is-growing.html

And I am well aware that many here do not share my passion.  But our military has sacrificed so that this place can move forward away from terrorism.  Even if you hate Christianity you must hate terrorism worse.  We are getting ready to go full backwards to a dark place of Extremism in Afghanistan.

And before I go for the night.  Whether or not a person is a believer in Jesus they most certainly do not want terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.  To just withdraw and allow Taliban and ISIS to have their way is insane.  No person in their right mind would believe that the Taliban is going to change their beliefs because of an American negotiated peace deal.  Especially one that undermines the legal elected Afghanistan government.  Even if corruption exists they are not ISIS or Taliban.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:46:12 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 01:40:46 pm »

Coming to a TV screen near you, translated from Vietnamese to Pashto.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 03:28:57 pm »
Not much faith in that.  What has he done about the human rights abuses and ethnic cleansing in Syria?  Conservatives should be concerned about this. 

Use your powers for good --- go start a prayer chain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 03:32:48 pm »

Maybe the Presidents faith leaders should examine their hearts. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 03:40:07 pm »

Some posters remind me of pigeons - they poop all over threads like birds on park benches until no one wants to sit there anymore.

Does that make me a bully?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 03:42:14 pm »
Maybe the Presidents faith leaders should examine their hearts.

Maybe you should stop worrying about the President's faith or that of those helping him and focus how you can use your own. 

I'm serious about you leading a prayer chain.  It is a better use of your energies than constantly spewing discord and disdain --- and could bring you some much needed peace.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 04:28:45 pm »
 yymouse
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 04:55:33 pm »
Some posters remind me of pigeons - they poop all over threads like birds on park benches until no one wants to sit there anymore.

Does that make me a bully?

Oh, but I do see a few posters who buy their pigeon feed at Costco sitting on those benches. Just saying.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 05:27:11 pm »

Coming to a TV screen near you, translated from Vietnamese to Pashto.

That's exactly what it's beginning to look like.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!