Author Topic: Trump Crouches, Pretends To Be ‘Mini Mike’ Bloomberg During CPAC Speech  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sessions has got nothing but poo thrown at him from Trump (and Trump Jr)... it has been Trump that has shut up the last few weeks seeing Sessions move up in the polls...

Jeff has got nothing but bile from Trump... and yet Jeff just keeps moving forward without impedance.  Prove me wrong...

Pop Will Eat Itself - There Is No Love Between Us Anymore.mp3
https://mab.to/ByHEnjKl2

Sessions was the best thing going for Trump.  He wanted to do the job he was hired to do.  It was Trumps own stupidity that forced him to recuse himself.  And you have to ask why is Lyndsey Graham such a favorite of Trump?  Because Lindsey told Sessions to recuse himself.

Graham: Sessions Should Recuse From Potential Campaign Investigations

By Matt Shuham
|
March 2, 2017 12:43 p.m.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said Thursday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions ought to recuse himself from any potential investigations based on contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia if evidence suggests a possible criminal prosecution, “because of [Sessions’] contacts with the campaign.”

“If there is a investigation at the FBI of Trump, Russia campaign activities, I want to know about it. I’m tired of reading about it in the paper,” Graham told reporters. “The FBI needs to let us know whether there is or there isn’t. If there’s not one, they need to come forward and say so. If there is one, we need to step aside and let it take its natural course.”

“If – if – there ever becomes enough evidence to suggest prosecution, or possible criminal prosecution of anybody based on the contacts, then somebody other than Attorney General Sessions should make that decision, because of his contacts with the campaign.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lindsey-graham-sessions-should-recuse
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:45:17 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Politics
Trump Fired His Most Effective Lieutenant
The outgoing attorney general did more to enact the president’s priorities than any other member of the Cabinet, but that didn’t save him from White House hostility.
David A. Graham
November 7, 2018

The paradox of Jeff Sessions’s tenure as attorney general is that no other member of Donald Trump’s administration was so beleaguered and disparaged by the president, but no other member got as much done.

Even as he endured persistent verbal abuse from Trump, Sessions steamed forward on a range of conservative social-policy priorities, aggressively reorienting the Justice Department’s stances on immigration, civil rights, and criminal justice, among other issues. In an administration plagued by incompetent and ineffective figures, Sessions was a paragon of efficacy—a distinction that horrified his many opponents, but did nothing to win Trump’s trust or affection. The White House announced Wednesday that Sessions was resigning. The attorney general’s letter was not dated, and stated that he was stepping down at the president’s request.

Nothing illustrates Sessions’s effect as much as immigration policy. When it came time for Trump to pull the plug on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, as he had promised he would during the 2016 campaign, the president got cold feet, but Sessions was happy to be the public face of the withdrawal. It was Sessions who tried to follow through (unsuccessfully) on Trump’s threat to cut off funding to sanctuary cities. It was Sessions who issued new guidance to immigration judges. And, most prominent, it was Sessions who went to the border to announce the Trump administration’s decision to separate migrant children from their parents. Sessions openly said the plan to split families up was intended to deter migrants, even as other administration officials said otherwise. The policy was met with widespread and appropriate horror, and Trump eventually pulled back—but he had backed the plan before that, and Sessions had followed through.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/jeff-sessions-resigns-his-legacy-attorney-general/575245/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just to clue you in..... one of the first things I found out when I got here 8 years ago was that @truth_seeker  has a deep disdain for social conservatives, but that he can’t seem to work up the courage to say so directly, so he always throws spit wads crouching behind his desk and somehow thinks his cowardly attacks on Conservatives are clever.

Pretty much as boring as boring gets...

But predictable.

Maybe it's just a deep disdain for you and @Chosen Daughter   I share his feelings on that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Hillary Clinton IS NOT going to jail.

NO DC jury, made up of largely African American retired and active Civil servants will EVER ... EVER ... convict her of anything.

Ever. Whatever, for anything!!!

Let's poison the other rat holes in our corrupt Deep State.   It's gonna take a while, folks, you CANNOT bring a case unless you know you are going to win before a DC jury.
Putting into jail the last political opponent you just beat would never be a wise move.  That is African third-world stuff and people who say different are smoking something I still consider illegal.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Absalom

Looks like Jeff Sessions might make it back to his old seat in Alabama... What was the last thing Trump did to him... yep mock his accent...
Does Trump not see some of this may come back to bite him... I know most people like Sessions would probable never mention it, but you can bet the farm they remember it.
-------------------------------
Indeed.
When someone is past 70, we expect they have learned something of life;
one being, "Given an alternative, don't make an enemy."
Yet Trump goes out of his way to treat anyone he chooses w/infantile abuse,
mockery and scorn; oblivious to the cold reality that they will remember.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:27:54 pm by Absalom »

Offline musiclady

Maybe it's just a deep disdain for you and @Chosen Daughter   I share his feelings on that.

Nice try, but no cigar.

My observation was made before I had posted much at all here and was mostly lurking, and years before @Chosen Daughter came.

And incidentally, when you and I were still friends (before you changed so drastically).

At any rate, I stand by my comments, and will leave it at that.

There are a few here whose anger is at a group who taints the Republican Party with unwavering social conservatism, and it just rears its ugly head at individuals who represent that group.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

So "lock her up" was just raw meat for the rubes then right?

I think that was exactly what it was. And then you want to tell us in the same breath that Trump isn't a politician... My lying ears...

And I'm supposed to respect people who chase shiny objects being flung by unprincipled politicians that know how to manipulate their followers with no intention of actually doing what they've flung.

But Trump is different - some how...

Hey. He fights.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Please inform the community of what you "know" about Syrian Oil production and Trump's promise to keep it open and active?

I've followed the oil market, albeit as a layman, for years.

I don't recall any Syria influence, one way or the other, on the Global markets.   Trump protected the wells because ISIS was gong to destroy them if they could and put the Syrian people at even a worse life.

I've come to depend on you never defending your abject foolishness around here but .. here is another chance.

@ArneFufkin

You called me out to provide to the community.  It was an obvious statement of guilt that I was misleading others here.  When I post the information you wanted in Trumps own words you can't even reply.  Why do you want to mislead the community?  You should have checked before you spoke.  I am surprised you didn't know.  Trump had railed about how we should have taken the oil in Iraq also.  Even before he became president.

You have posted several times since.  Leads me to believe that you just can't own up to what you post in here.

Offline Chosen Daughter

You cannnot even bother to review the article you post.

Do you know what the difference is in 'may' and 'is'?

The question was answered.  Trump is taking the oil.  I posted the link you read it for yourself.  I have no interest in dishonesty or I wouldn't post the link.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Putting into jail the last political opponent you just beat would never be a wise move.  That is African third-world stuff and people who say different are smoking something I still consider illegal.

Dumbest response I ever heard.  Excuses, that is all.  If he didn't think he could lock her up he shouldn't have encouraged "lock her up" chanting.

He was so sweet to her at the Inauguration lunch.  Honored her.  Yes he honored and respected her.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump+honors+hillary+at+inauguration&docid=608049729464043598&mid=A9BCACC572AE1B9E2BA7A9BCACC572AE1B9E2BA7&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Do you have to fall all over yourself honoring her while her daughter is seated with them?  Give me a break.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
TDS, scatterbrained chatterbox.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ArneFufkin

Talk about stupid...

Trump needs Republicans - virtually any Republicans - in the senate more than Sessions needs Trump's endorsement.

Had the Dems had a few more seats in the senate Trump would already be gone. And if Trump gets a second term it will be critical to his survival.

But you're the smart one...

Smart enough to know that Trump is the "Undisputed Heavyweight Champion" of the GOP who enjoys around 95% support by self-identified Republicans in most every poll.   Sessions needs Trump.  Period.

You don't have to be a participant in Mensa or the Fifth Solvay Council to recognize TDS-addled political STOO ... OOO, OOO, OOO... PIDITY.

This forum is rife with the malady.   TBR has become a haven for "NeverTrump" pathology.   And, it gobsmacks all observers.

Offline Mod2

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ArneFufkin

The question was answered.  Trump is taking the oil.  I posted the link you read it for yourself.  I have no interest in dishonesty or I wouldn't post the link.

Syria produces the same amount of oil as Ivory Coast.  Less than Papua New Guinea.

Domestically, we produce around 15 million barrels of oil a day.   Syria is at 30,000.

Who, in their right mind, thinks any security calculation regarding Syria involves "taking" their oil?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:58:20 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline bilo

Welcome @bilo  happy77

After reading this, the President's rallies make a lot of sense.  The article also explains why no one else in the political arena can duplicate them.

You're right.

I always recognized the "puffing" from being in real estate as well, but the humor was something I didn't always get.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

https://spectator.org/to-fully-comprehend-trump-an-insight-into-the-jargon-of-nycs-inner-boroughs/

the article has some really good insights into Trump's humor and why the "deplorables" rally around him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline ArneFufkin

https://spectator.org/to-fully-comprehend-trump-an-insight-into-the-jargon-of-nycs-inner-boroughs/

the article has some really good insights into Trump's humor and why the "deplorables" rally around him.

The rallies have a strategic import as well.

According to reports, 175,000 folks requested tickets to Trump's rally in south New Jersey recently.  They all offered their email and text information.   It happens, not in that scale, everywhere Trump appears.

Think of how difficult ... and EXPENSIVE ... it would be to go out and find those 175,000 people who are likely Trump electoral and financial supporters.

Trump is an attention "Ho", he's a consummate entertainer who uses these rallies as an emotional catharsis against the relentless attacks of the MSM, Democrats and evil Administrative State.   But, Brad Parscale understands the value of having POTUS out on the stump going into November third.

Offline skeeter

You're right.

I always recognized the "puffing" from being in real estate as well, but the humor was something I didn't always get.

I think about some of the mid level & senior managers I’ve worked for and the qualities of those who were most effective. Humor is definitely a big plus.

Some want a role model in a president. That would be nice, but having a role model at the top has come to mean less to me than someone who strives for, and often achieves, results.

Offline skeeter

Smart enough to know that Trump is the "Undisputed Heavyweight Champion" of the GOP who enjoys around 95% support by self-identified Republicans in most every poll.   Sessions needs Trump.  Period.

You don't have to be a participant in Mensa or the Fifth Solvay Council to recognize TDS-addled political STOO ... OOO, OOO, OOO... PIDITY.

This forum is rife with the malady.   TBR has become a haven for "NeverTrump" pathology.   And, it gobsmacks all observers.

We must have all 5% right here.

PS I love the board. Just sayin’

Offline Idiot

I got into a knock down-drag out with my Austinite brother this past weekend over Trump's antics.  It sure makes it hard to defend him when he acts so childish.  Oh well.....Trump is Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I got into a knock down-drag out with my Austinite brother this past weekend over Trump's antics.  It sure makes it hard to defend him when he acts so childish.  Oh well.....Trump is Trump.

Then you just don't "get" it.   :shrug:  And after five years chances are good you never will.

Don't stress ... just walk away from the debate --- or --- agree with him.  Neither will change the course of history.   happy77

Offline ArneFufkin

I think about some of the mid level & senior managers I’ve worked for and the qualities of those who were most effective. Humor is definitely a big plus.

Some want a role model in a president. That would be nice, but having a role model at the top has come to mean less to me than someone who strives for, and often achieves, results.

Amen.

Trump's a blustering New Yorker.  He saw Bush 43 get steamrolled by the media, Demonrats and saboteurs like Nicole Wallace (Nice job as "Communications Director" absolutely fumbling Katrina and the Anbar Awakening).

Get over it, already, Never Trumper goofs.  Bernie Sanders, and his "movement" of morons and palms-up Millenials, is an existential threat to our Republic.  It's real.   It needs to be politically eviscerated,  No prisoners.   No defeat, no surrender.