Author Topic: BREAKING: Roger Stone Sentenced...[40mos]  (Read 2232 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: BREAKING: Roger Stone Sentenced...[40mos]
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2020, 02:52:22 pm »
This guy gets a pass and Stone gets buried

Ex-Senate staffer from Ellicott City gets two months behind bars for lying to FBI

What the difference?  Mr. Wolfe just happens to be a Democrat and what he did is 100 times worse than anything Stone allegedly did!

Try those FACTS on for size. @Applewood

It's obvious for those with ears to hear, @Bigun. & it's no coincidence those who cheer or simply shrug at Stone's sentence are the same who've already declared their undying dislike for POTUS. As if it's not possible to dislike Trump and still recognize a clear politically motivated prosecution.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2020, 03:36:58 pm »
It's obvious for those with ears to hear, @Bigun. & it's no coincidence those who cheer or simply shrug at Stone's sentence are the same who've already declared their undying dislike for POTUS. As if it's not possible to dislike Trump and still recognize a clear politically motivated prosecution.

:yowsa:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2020, 03:43:23 pm »

It confirms the prejudice. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: BREAKING: Roger Stone Sentenced
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2020, 03:56:48 pm »
Rachel Weiner
@rachelweinerwp
·
1m
Judge agrees 7 to 9 years is too harsh, and says she doubts she would have thought differently even if not for "unprecedented actions of the Department of Justice in the past week." But says probation is also "insufficient."

Putting it more plainly, Jackson agreed with the Trump Justice Department's opinion that the 7-9 year request was very excessive, explicitly and in her 40 month sentence.

IMO, the now-resigned prosecutors did it to stir up @#$%.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

Re: BREAKING: Roger Stone Sentenced
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2020, 04:05:40 pm »
Putting it more plainly, Jackson agreed with the Trump Justice Department's opinion that the 7-9 year request was very excessive, explicitly and in her 40 month sentence.

IMO, the now-resigned prosecutors did it to stir up @#$%.

Only one actually resigned (took a lucrative job in private sector); the other three are still employed by the Justice Department doing damage as moles somewhere else within the department.

It’s all a dog and pony show.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2020, 06:35:22 pm »
This guy gets a pass and Stone gets buried

Ex-Senate staffer from Ellicott City gets two months behind bars for lying to FBI

What the difference?  Mr. Wolfe just happens to be a Democrat and what he did is 100 times worse than anything Stone allegedly did!

Try those FACTS on for size. @Applewood

I don't have time (or the inclination) to go through this and every other case that sounds similar to Roger Stone's.  Looks to me though that Mr. Wolfe pled guilty to one of the three counts he was charged with.  Perhaps his sentence was part of a plea deal?  I don't know.  But it seems to me that maybe his circumstances (other than him being a Democrat) were different from Stone's. 

And it appears that Mr. Wolfe had a different judge (both surnamed Jackson, but different first and middle names).  I said this several times before -- while there are sentencing guidelines, judges do have some discretion in deciding sentences.  One may be more inclined to be lenient, while another more of a law and order tough guy (or gal).  And also -- wasn't Roger Stone found to have violated the judge's gag order at one point in the case?.  Not a good idea to tick off a judge since, if you are found guilty, he or she is the one who decides on your sentence.

Ok, wasted too much time on this.  Gotta go over to the Pets thread to get a dose of cute.  LOL

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2020, 06:39:44 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien