Author Topic: BREAKING: Roger Stone Sentenced...[40mos]  (Read 2233 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: BREAKING: Roger Stone Sentenced...[40mos]
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 05:38:13 pm »
Larry Schweikart
@LarrySchweikart
·
52s
Half the recommended & could be reduced for good behavior.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 05:39:16 pm »
Kelly O'Donnell
@KellyO
·
2m
STONE GETS PRISON TIME: 40 months in prison and $20k fine for Trump ally Roger Stone who did not speak today according to our team at Court.  Stone was convicted of witness tampering, lying to Congress, obstruction. Less than the 7-9 years originally recommended.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 05:40:37 pm »
Mark R. Levin
Verified accountï‚™ @marklevinshow 

1. As I’ve been saying, this Obama judge, Amy Berman Jackson, has demonstrated time and again she should not be handling cases involving the president’s past associates.  She’s not capable of impartial justice.

2. Most other judges handling this case would’ve been appalled by the conduct of the jury foreman and immediately undertaken an investigation of what transpired in her own courtroom.

3. But Jackson plows ahead, indicating her desire to throw the book at Stone. This is the same judge who put Paul Manafort in solitary confinement.

8:55 AM - 20 Feb 2020

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1230536470542405632

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 05:41:50 pm »
Andy McCarthy
@AndrewCMcCarthy
·
1m
Judge very carefully, and with praise for performance of trial team, imposes on Stone a sentence completely consistent with the shocking, Constitution-shredding, Republic-destroying 36-47 month range Barr DOJ said would be reasonable. Impeach!
Support the USO

Re: BREAKING: Roger Stone Sentenced
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 05:43:54 pm »
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
·
1m
Well one thing's for sure; Berman-Jackson's overt bias from the bench just made it very easy for @realDonaldTrump
 to immediately grant clemency to #RogerStone

And let's not forget the jury tampering this judge has chosen to ignore

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 05:46:01 pm »
Larry Schweikart
@LarrySchweikart
·
52s
Half the recommended & could be reduced for good behavior.

They're not going to reduce anything.  He'll end up in solitary at Leavenworth.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 05:46:54 pm »
Oh for crying loud, people.  Stop whining.  40 months is about 3-1/3 years, far better than the max Stone could have received.  And I doubt he's going to spend his time on a chain gang either.  I expect he will be comfortably housed.

And there is still an appeal.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2020, 05:51:04 pm »
Oh for crying loud, people.  Stop whining.  40 months is about 3-1/3 years, far better than the max Stone could have received.  And I doubt he's going to spend his time on a chain gang either.  I expect he will be comfortably housed.

And there is still an appeal.

Correct, and I think the "Judge" has said Stone won't be taking his toothbrush to prison today, because she knows there will be appeals based on her covering for the malignant Jury Foreman.  This story is developing, so she may renege on that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 05:51:19 pm »
And McCabe enjoys lunch, sipping Chardonnay, at Joe's Seafood.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2020, 05:54:02 pm »
The sentence is fair, but there is a valid case for appeal.  Stone has only himself to blame.  Now, the stage for Comey, Clinton, Lynch, Rice, and Yovanovitch is set.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2020, 05:58:30 pm »
Any news on when the jury foreperson will be indicted for perjury and jury tampering?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2020, 06:02:37 pm »
Any news on when the jury foreperson will be indicted for perjury and jury tampering?

That's the foot-fall I'm looking at, too. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2020, 06:03:25 pm »

I don't know that blabbing on social media constitutes jury tampering.  But there should be some consequences to her for defying what is standard with juries .  They are generally admonished not to discuss the case with others, and "discussing the case" also includes social media.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2020, 06:05:23 pm »
I don't know that blabbing on social media constitutes jury tampering.  But there should be some consequences to her for defying what is standard with juries .  They are generally admonished not to discuss the case with others, and "discussing the case" also includes social media.

We aren't privy to what she said to the other Jurors in deliberation, which would be where the Jury-tampering charge would be accused.  Since she was Foreman, it has to be assumed she probably persuaded them.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2020, 06:07:14 pm »
Correct, and I think the "Judge" has said Stone won't be taking his toothbrush to prison today, because she knows there will be appeals based on her covering for the malignant Jury Foreman.  This story is developing, so she may renege on that.
He’ll be released on appeal. The whole case & how it was handled just stinks too badly.

The pres should just pardon him as if it weren’t for the left’s bogus vendetta against Trump Stone would be the harmless oddity he’s always been
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:10:37 pm by skeeter »

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2020, 06:08:48 pm »

She lied under oath to the court about her involvement with anti-Trump political activities.  Let me boil this down to the nub:  She lied under oath to the court.

This has nothing to do with "defying standards with juries" or "blabbing on social media". 

She lied under oath to the court.  Bill Clinton lost his law license for doing the same.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2020, 06:10:27 pm »
We aren't privy to what she said to the other Jurors in deliberation, which would be where the Jury-tampering charge would be accused.  Since she was Foreman, it has to be assumed she probably persuaded them.

I believe as foreperson, she would be expected to have a say in the verdict.  She could say, well, I think he's guilty and here's why.  That wouldn't be tampering. 

Now if she browbeat, blackmailed, coerced or threatened any recalcitrant jurors -- that might be a different story.

Really wish I could have been a fly on the wall in that jury room.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2020, 06:15:10 pm »
She lied under oath to the court about her involvement with anti-Trump political activities.  Let me boil this down to the nub:  She lied under oath to the court.

This has nothing to do with "defying standards with juries" or "blabbing on social media". 

She lied under oath to the court.  Bill Clinton lost his law license for doing the same.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2020, 06:24:23 pm »
I believe as foreperson, she would be expected to have a say in the verdict.  She could say, well, I think he's guilty and here's why.  That wouldn't be tampering. 

Now if she browbeat, blackmailed, coerced or threatened any recalcitrant jurors -- that might be a different story.  Really wish I could have been a fly on the wall in that jury room.

Her lies under oath to the court put her on the jury.  Had she told the truth about her political activities and affiliations she would have been dismissed from consideration with a thank you from the court. 

By lying to the court, SHE, her very presence in the jury box, tainted and tampered with the jury. 

The appeals court will take up the question of a new trial ... but this woman should be held to account for her knowing lies to the court.  After all, isn't lying under oath one of the counts she found Stone guilty of?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2020, 06:28:28 pm »
The appeals court will take up the question of a new trial ... but this woman should be held to account for her knowing lies to the court.  After all, isn't lying under oath one of the counts she found Stone guilty of?

It makes me wish we lived in a more fair world, with Judges who understand their place in the process.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 06:40:01 pm »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2020, 07:49:31 pm »

Well, Mr. President, those other people have to be investigated, arrested, tried and convicted first.  In this country, we don't pick people up off the street and throw them into the hoosegow.  There's a procedure that has to be followed and if no one wants to utilize that procedure, then all these people walk free.  You're the President of the United States and you like to meddle in legal matters.  Have you bothered to ask your Attorney General why, for example, the investigation into McCabe was discontinued.  Or why there has been no action on the others?

And as to Hillary, seems to me you once promised that when you were elected President, you were going to see to it she was investigated and prosecuted.  But then you changed your mind once you were elected.  If nothing has been done about Hillary, then it seems to me you share some of the blame.

Oh and by the way, Mr. President, nothing involving Hillary and the others has anything to do with Mr. Stone.  Until and unless it can be proven that there was any impropriety in the investigation, arrest, trial and conviction of Mr. Stone, then it is assumed he is guilty of the crimes alleged and deserves jail time. 

So knock off the red herring rhetoric, ok?  You're flailing around making anyone and everyone into a villain here when, as of now, the only culprit is Roger Stone.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2020, 07:58:08 pm »
Well, Mr. President, those other people have to be investigated, arrested, tried and convicted first.  In this country, we don't pick people up off the street and throw them into the hoosegow.  There's a procedure that has to be followed and if no one wants to utilize that procedure, then all these people walk free.  You're the President of the United States and you like to meddle in legal matters.  Have you bothered to ask your Attorney General why, for example, the investigation into McCabe was discontinued.  Or why there has been no action on the others?

And as to Hillary, seems to me you once promised that when you were elected President, you were going to see to it she was investigated and prosecuted.  But then you changed your mind once you were elected.  If nothing has been done about Hillary, then it seems to me you share some of the blame.

Oh and by the way, Mr. President, nothing involving Hillary and the others has anything to do with Mr. Stone.  Until and unless it can be proven that there was any impropriety in the investigation, arrest, trial and conviction of Mr. Stone, then it is assumed he is guilty of the crimes alleged and deserves jail time. 

So knock off the red herring rhetoric, ok?  You're flailing around making anyone and everyone into a villain here when, as of now, the only culprit is Roger Stone.

You have a point.  Picking people up off the streets and throwing them in the hoosegow is what the Rats and Rat hold-overs do.  There's irony, too, in projecting onto Donald Trump what the Rats have been doing to anybody who would support him.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2020, 08:13:20 pm »
You have a point.  Picking people up off the streets and throwing them in the hoosegow is what the Rats and Rat hold-overs do.  There's irony, too, in projecting onto Donald Trump what the Rats have been doing to anybody who would support him.

Uh, Stone was not thrown into jail without trial and conviction.  And as I said about the others -- Trump and his supporters complain about them "walking free" on social media, but if there is anything to investigate, then why isn't Trump taking this up with his AG? 

it's not projecting.  Maybe I'm just tired of him and his supporters whining about things on social media instead of actually doing something.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2020, 08:17:54 pm »
Uh, Stone was not thrown into jail without trial and conviction.

Really?  Then what would you call the pre-dawn raid by a SWAT team and taped by the tipped-off CNN goons?  Did they not take him to jail? 

Your outrage would be better directed at that, rather than at Trump supporters who think Stone got a raw deal.
I will NOT comply.