Author Topic: US special operations just purchased Sig Sauer’s new machine gun – here’s what it can do  (Read 298 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Ryan Morgan  January 16, 2020

VIDEO: US special operations just purchased Sig Sauer’s new machine gun – here’s what it can do

The U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) has completed its safety certifications of Sig Sauer’s latest machine gun offering, the MG 338, and has begun purchasing the weapons systems.

In a press release, the firearms company confirmed it had passed the certifications and delivered the first of its machine guns to the U.S. military’s elite military command on Wednesday. The new machine gun is touted as a lightweight new weapon that can bridge the gap between the U.S. military’s current M240 (7.62x51cal) medium machine guns and its Browning M2 (.50cal) heavy machine guns.

The MG 338 was approved along with Sig Sauer’s new .338 Norma Mag Ammunition and a new suppressor system. According to Sig Sauer, the certifications represent the first time in decades that the U.S. military has approved a  new machine gun, ammunition and suppressor at the same time.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/video-us-special-operations-just-purchased-sig-sauers-new-machine-gun-heres-what-it-can-do/

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
American Military News by  Ryan Morgan  January 16, 2020

In a press release, the firearms company confirmed it had passed the certifications and delivered the first of its machine guns to the U.S. military’s elite military command on Wednesday. The new machine gun is touted as a lightweight new weapon that can bridge the gap between the U.S. military’s current M240 (7.62x51cal) medium machine guns and its Browning M2 (.50cal) heavy machine guns.

The MG 338 was approved along with Sig Sauer’s new .338 Norma Mag Ammunition and a new suppressor system. According to Sig Sauer, the certifications represent the first time in decades that the U.S. military has approved a  new machine gun, ammunition and suppressor at the same time.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/video-us-special-operations-just-purchased-sig-sauers-new-machine-gun-heres-what-it-can-do/

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@Elderberry

The words "light belt fed machine gun" and ".338 Norma Magnum just don't seem like a good fit. I realize the barrel recoils and that helps a bunch,but a 20 lb 338 Normal Mag belt-fed?

BTW,just in case any of you millionaires want to know what to buy me for my birthday.........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

@Elderberry

The words "light belt fed machine gun" and ".338 Norma Magnum just don't seem like a good fit. I realize the barrel recoils and that helps a bunch,but a 20 lb 338 Normal Mag belt-fed?

BTW,just in case any of you millionaires want to know what to buy me for my birthday.........

Millionaire??? I wish.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Elderberry

@sneakypete

I would love to have one myself, but you forget about the Hughes Amendment.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) interpreted the Hughes Amendment as a prohibition on the civilian possession of any fully-automatic firearm manufactured after May 19, 1986

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I would love to have one myself, but you forget about the Hughes Amendment.

@Elderberry

The government didn't seem to mind me being in possession of weapons  a lot deadlier than that a mere belt-fed 30 cal for years. In fact,they even insisted on it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!