Author Topic: Here’s how much border wall has been built with the military’s money  (Read 311 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Military Times by Meghann Myers 1/16/2020

In the year since President Trump declared a national emergency along the U.S.-Mexico border, starting the ball rolling on using Homeland Security and Defense Department funds to build border barriers, the Army Corps of Engineers has put up about 23 miles of wall.

Last year, the Pentagon diverted $7 billion of its budget to build barriers in California, Arizona and New Mexico. As of Jan. 13, according to Army Corps of Engineers figures, about $3 billion of that has been awarded for contracts to build 200 miles of barriers.

“I can’t give you any information on any future budget decisions," Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters Thursday, in response to reports of internal White House documents showing a plan to siphon another $7.2 billion from DoD accounts this year. "I’m not privy to what those decisions have been at this point.”

The first contract, awarded in April with $739 million in counter-drug operations funding, has seen 5 miles of 56 miles completed so far, according to the data. So far, though $621 million in military construction funds have been awarded to build 71 miles of wall since November, zero miles have been completed.

More: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/01/16/heres-how-much-border-wall-has-been-built-with-the-militarys-money/

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Every August and September of every year, the Pentagon and thousands of military units across the world piss away billions of taxpayers dollars due to under-running budgets in the previous year just to ensure they get the same or more in the coming year. 

This $7B is just barely a drop in the tanker of what is pissed away in decades of "defense" spending. 

Change my mind.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

The first contract, awarded in April with $739 million in counter-drug operations funding, has seen 5 miles of 56 miles completed so far, according to the data. So far, though $621 million in military construction funds have been awarded to build 71 miles of wall since November, zero miles have been completed.

5 miles, Zero miles... what is the dang delay.... all that talk about finally starting new wall building just how many miles of anything new has been built? I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but how many illegals are laughing at having to walk 10 minutes further?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....