Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #3000 on: March 22, 2020, 12:52:59 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I currently have a vacation planned for the area in two weeks.  Not gambling, but I was flying into LAS and then trekking out from there into Utah and AZ.  But with everything closed in LV, I am guessing that this is no longer an option.  What is the word on the street?  Is it still worth chancing, or should I go to Hawaii instead?

Vegas is probably down for the full 30 days, and we're only 2 days into it.  Hawaii's nice, but I fear nowhere's going to be any fun for a month.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3001 on: March 22, 2020, 12:53:40 am »
No misrepresentation.  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,388835.msg2173288.html#msg2173288

And the poster should read up on this on tactics to remain healthy.

How Fear Makes You Sick
https://lissarankin.com/how-fear-makes-you-sick/

Why You May Be Irrationally Freaked Out About Coronavirus (& How To Relax)
https://lissarankin.com/why-you-may-be-irrationally-freaked-out-about-coronavirus-how-to-relax/

You see...those two links are constructive.  Thanks!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3002 on: March 22, 2020, 01:09:38 am »
Far better than Trump arguing with that NBC reporter.  What the H was that about?

Thanks for your response @Applewood .  I agree.  On the other hand I have recently considered that President Trump could possibly be human with feelings, and watching his legacy of a strong 3-year economy swirl down the drain in 2 weeks could be frustrating and infuriating.  He is the President and shouldn't act in malice, but we all fall short in the eyes of the Lord.  Thankfully, the President was mostly back on message today, praising others for their diligence, and co-operation, and unity.

Here are several of my takes on the efficacy of owning the liberal press on reducing the spread of the virus.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395503.msg2174004.html#msg2174004

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3003 on: March 22, 2020, 01:10:05 am »
2020-03-21  20:00 CDT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global7.14 ↓3.29 ↑
US/Can/Mex    0.15 ↓571.62 ↑
China22.04 -1.13 -

Five more recoveries - 3 US, 2 CAN
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3004 on: March 22, 2020, 01:17:18 am »
Sorry to hear that.

I have a feeling all this will be over in about a week - two, tops - and the economy/jobs will come screaming back with a friggen vengeance. And your son will be back sitting in commuter traffic in no time. :patriot:
I pray you are right!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3005 on: March 22, 2020, 01:23:25 am »
With all the talk about Italy and its aged population, we might learn something by focusing on Florida and its aged population.  Florida also has warmer temperatures and higher moisture content in the atmosphere, so that could be the difference.  Also could explain Hong Kong and Singapore low numbers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3006 on: March 22, 2020, 01:39:35 am »

The idea, as poorly thought out as it is, is to throw money all around in hopes that we'll spend money we otherwise would not, and that would have zero effect on the sectors that are hurting (especially if I'm not even allowed to do the things that would help).

@Cyber Liberty

Of course they hope it's going to be spent!  But not only to try to keep the economy afloat.

The vast majority of Americans live hand to mouth.

Dress it up all you want but the cold hard truth is that without that money, we'd all be living in a dangerous, savage world.

People will not only steal to feed their kids...today, they'll kill you just for your toilet paper.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3007 on: March 22, 2020, 01:43:01 am »
Please stop the bickering, everyone is stressed out....My son was laid off the other day and he became one of the many thousands unemployed. He can't even file for unemployment insurance as the site has crashed..and their doors are locked...

@Cyber Liberty

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

SIGN THE DAMN BILL!!   And make it $2K.

My state of Maryland will get my $200 at the dispensary.    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3008 on: March 22, 2020, 01:45:25 am »
I'm not a big fan of WSJ because of that, but sometimes they have exclusives we don't want to miss.

I want to reiterate something: Everybody, please stop the fighting among ourselves!  That's how the Rat bastards get us down.  Holy smoke, we all have strong opinions, or we would not be Briefers!!

A little respect for the Forum, if all y'all can't summon it up for fellow Members!

Who's been bickering??   I just can't believe it.    :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3009 on: March 22, 2020, 01:48:55 am »
@Cyber Liberty

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

SIGN THE DAMN BILL!!   And make it $2K.

My state of Maryland will get my $200 at the dispensary.    happy77

Who's gonna pay for it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DB

« Reply #3010 on: March 22, 2020, 01:51:16 am »
Who's gonna pay for it?

That magic printing press...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3011 on: March 22, 2020, 01:54:39 am »
That magic printing press...

It's like we've gone back 10 years in history.  Is Cash for Clunkers v2 next for people that can't make their car payments?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DB

« Reply #3012 on: March 22, 2020, 02:00:04 am »
Might this whole thing be a wake up event for the younger generation where many have been protected from adversity since birth?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3013 on: March 22, 2020, 02:03:45 am »
Might this whole thing be a wake up event for the younger generation where many have been protected from adversity since birth?

I think that will be determined on how the kid was raised.

« Reply #3014 on: March 22, 2020, 02:04:25 am »
today, they'll kill you just for your toilet paper.

@DCPatriot I WOULD NOT!!!

:pondering: unless...
I mean, how much TP are we talking?

« Reply #3015 on: March 22, 2020, 02:05:50 am »
Who's gonna pay for it?

M E X I C O !

See that?  I'm recycling.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3016 on: March 22, 2020, 02:08:18 am »
@DCPatriot I WOULD NOT!!!

:pondering: unless...
I mean, how much TP are we talking?

:beer:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3017 on: March 22, 2020, 02:28:49 am »
Who's gonna pay for it?

The government.  Duh.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #3018 on: March 22, 2020, 02:33:24 am »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3019 on: March 22, 2020, 02:38:32 am »
Due to memory issues and usually shopping hungry, I have food all over my place.
Not prepping at all, just stupid. Have food in my bathroom closet. Freezer is overloaded.
Plenty of TP, and dozens of pounds of coffee. Food under my sink. Fridge is overfilled (stuff actually falls out).
Bedroom closet, living room cabinets, you will find rice, soup, flour, and stuff I have forgotten about months ago.
Every spare spot has food in it. Not from covid-19. It is just something I do, normally and naturally all the time.
Nobody is more surprised than me that my obsessive shopping actually paid off. Totally unexpected.
I could never leave my home for months eating and drinking just fine. And that would be normal for me.
All I'm thinking is that I can finally burn up some of my overstock.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #3020 on: March 22, 2020, 02:39:38 am »

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1241553571675504641

David Frum @davidfrum
What's the answer on the Trump Bailout?
Quote Tweet
Chuck Schumer @SenSchumer
 Â· 23m
Two Words: Hell No.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1241445502798794752
9:33 PM · Mar 21, 2020
the rats are playing chicken with the President.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3021 on: March 22, 2020, 02:43:00 am »

I’ve thought about that.  We didn’t live through the Depression or a World War, but a lot of us were raised by parents who did.  And though many were spoiled, many of us were raised by parents who taught us to value what we had, to work hard, and to spend our money wisely.

A lot of kids have been given everything, and taught to expect others to take care of them.

If this causes the economy to crash (God forbid), will the younger generations have the resilience to recover?  Hard to say....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3022 on: March 22, 2020, 02:52:14 am »
With all the talk about Italy and its aged population, we might learn something by focusing on Florida and its aged population.  Florida also has warmer temperatures and higher moisture content in the atmosphere, so that could be the difference.  Also could explain Hong Kong and Singapore low numbers.

I’ve thought of that, and wondered how many of the elderly Florida residents may have been infected by those reckless college students exchanging bodily fluids on the beaches during their spring break.

I think we’ll find out if there’s an uptick in cases in the coming weeks.

They should have closed those beaches immediately, IMO....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3023 on: March 22, 2020, 03:27:14 am »
Younger adults are large percentage of coronavirus hospitalizations in United States, according to new CDC data
White House officials warn millennials they are not immune
By  Ariana Eunjung Cha
March 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM EDT

The deadly coronavirus has been met with a bit of a shrug among some in the under-50 set in the United States. Even as public health officials repeatedly urged social distancing, the young and hip spilled out of bars on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. They gleefully hopped on flights, tweeting about the rock-bottom airfares. And they gathered in packs on beaches.

Their attitudes were based in part on early data from China, which suggested covid-19 might seriously sicken or kill the elderly — but spare the young.

Stark new data from the United States and Europe suggests otherwise.

Read more at:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/19/younger-adults-are-large-percentage-coronavirus-hospitalizations-united-states-according-new-cdc-data/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

This article is a free read, I noted, some publications are making their coronavirus info free, it provides a public service.

« Reply #3024 on: March 22, 2020, 03:58:30 am »
Younger adults are large percentage of coronavirus hospitalizations in United States, according to new CDC data

@TomSea I hope these kids don't die, and the ones who live don't have life-long perment damage to their lungs because they wanted one more day of spring break.  It's hard to blame them for under-estimating the damage.  I've been reassuring my own children that they were very safe from this virus, but that is the message I've been getting from the people who say our COVID-19 response is exaggerated.