Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2850 on: March 21, 2020, 02:06:45 pm »
As do I.  It should be taken seriously.  But there is a huge difference between gravity and hysteria.

And we all agree on that.  ALL of us.

There is no "hysteria" on this forum, so there is no need to continue to preach about how we must avoid it.

And there is even less need for anyone here to pretend they don't care about suffering and death just to keep people on this forum from being "hysterical."

It's OK to admit that you care about the massive amount of pain this pandemic is causing.

It's OK to admit it exists, and that it's a very real problem.

It's OK.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2851 on: March 21, 2020, 02:12:20 pm »
I feel like NYC will end up being another Wuhan. There will be hotspots that will go on for months, unless the weather/UV issue indeed works and/or we get treatments approved that substantially shorten hospital stays. But the rest of the country will eventually have to get back to work.

I am reading conflicting reports.  There is an article out there that is saying that in NY they are experiencing 1 death every hour.  Other reports are showing that NY has had 47 deaths.  The numbers agree though as to the number of cases being at over 8,000.

There are several states with over 500 cases; Florida, Michigan, Illinois, California, Washington and Louisiana.  We've seen cases nearly triple in the past week here in Florida.  IMHO these places also have the potential to be just like NY.

Weather and UV, again, and I've pointed this out before; in Florida most of our days our sunny...no rain or clouds here (SW FL) since the first case and our temperatures for the past couple of days have been in the 90's.  We have gone from 2 cases in my county to 14 cases (3 non-residents) in the past 2 weeks, with 2 deaths.  Yes it's a small number, but the rate of increase is concerning.  As a state we are at 563 cases and 10 deaths. My point is, I don't see that weather and UV is going to have any impact.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2852 on: March 21, 2020, 02:13:46 pm »
I am reading conflicting reports.  There is an article out there that is saying that in NY they are experiencing 1 death every hour. 
I suspect that pace won't be maintained very long.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2853 on: March 21, 2020, 02:16:39 pm »
And we all agree on that.  ALL of us.

There is no "hysteria" on this forum, so there is no need to continue to preach about how we must avoid it.

And there is even less need for anyone here to pretend they don't care about suffering and death just to keep people on this forum from being "hysterical."

It's OK to admit that you care about the massive amount of pain this pandemic is causing.

It's OK to admit it exists, and that it's a very real problem.

It's OK.

Very well stated

Thank you.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2854 on: March 21, 2020, 02:23:44 pm »
The latest numbers on the Johns Hopkins site:

New York, US
Confirmed: 8,403
Deaths: 46
Recovered: 0
Active: 8,357

Compare that with the second worst state:

Washington, US
Confirmed: 1,524
Deaths: 83
Recovered: 0
Active: 1,441

FIVE times more cases in NY (most in NYC) than the second worst state.

@libertybele
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:49:00 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2855 on: March 21, 2020, 02:24:15 pm »
Very well stated

Thank you.

Thanks fred.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2856 on: March 21, 2020, 02:24:16 pm »
Yep, and Mike Rowe knows it intimately.
Mike Rowe brings a dose of common sense to coronavirus panic
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/mike_rowe_brings_a_dose_of_common_sense_to_coronavirus_panic.html

Mr. Rowe expresses my sentiments too.  100%.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2857 on: March 21, 2020, 02:24:51 pm »
Yep, and Mike Rowe knows it intimately.
Mike Rowe brings a dose of common sense to coronavirus panic
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/mike_rowe_brings_a_dose_of_common_sense_to_coronavirus_panic.html

I suspect the president understands the long term danger to this shut down, and invariably he will come up against the left when he tries to return things to normal. Its clear, to me anyway, the left are determined to keep this state of affairs for as long as possible.

It will be interesting to see how the public reacts when this showdown occurs.

BTW more info  https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

This paragraph was particularly interesting: It is important to note that in both scenarios (allowing the virus to run its course & 'flattening the curve'), the total number of COVID-19 cases will be similar. “Flattening the curve”’s focus is a shock to the healthcare system which can increase fatalities due to capacity constraints. In the long-term, it isn’t infection prevention. Unfortunately, “flattening the curve” doesn’t include other downsides and costs of execution.

Ping to @roamer_1 once again, this is what you've been telling us.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:59:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2858 on: March 21, 2020, 02:27:26 pm »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLn1NZDrFbw
BREAKING: President Trump SPECIAL News Conference | White House
377 waiting
•Scheduled for Mar 21, 2020

About 90 mins from now

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2859 on: March 21, 2020, 02:52:52 pm »
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/coronavirus-updates-california-issues-stay-home-order-no-new-local-n1164541/ncrd1165471#liveBlogHeader

Nevada's governor orders all non-essential business to close

Days after Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak shut down gambling in the state and asked non-essential businesses to close, he turned that into an order aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus.

"Previously, I asked nonessential businesses to close, but this moment now demands more,” Sisolak said in a statement Friday. "Today, I directed ALL nonessential businesses to close. I repeat. If you are NOT an essential business, I am using my power as Governor under an emergency declaration to order you to close."

The governor on Tuesday ordered that all gaming machines, table games and other related equipment to close. He said non-essential businesses should close. He said this week that grocery stores, banks, pharmacies, hardware stores, gas stations and similar services would remain open.

The order lasts until April 16.

I think weed dispensaries are "essential."  LA County agrees.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2860 on: March 21, 2020, 02:55:09 pm »
Evidence over hysteria — COVID-19

The above linked article is FULL of very useful information for those who are choosing to use their heads.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:09:47 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2861 on: March 21, 2020, 02:55:51 pm »
I suspect that pace won't be maintained very long.

The quote referenced above is headlined on Drudge.

Btw, I have a family member who is “gutted” over Andy Cohen.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:57:12 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2862 on: March 21, 2020, 03:15:42 pm »

The above linked article is FULL of very useful information for those who are choosing to use their heads.
I saw this on Twitter. This is very good for putting this virus into perspective.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2863 on: March 21, 2020, 03:38:01 pm »
Cuomo just gave his daily update. Overall infection rate is up about 50% from yesterday, an improvement from yesterday's doubling over the day before (sign of inflection point). Approves of the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combo for treatment. No new mandates as expected, the first time this week he hasn't issued a new restriction. Says they are on comparable track to China (two weeks to peak, a month to no new cases) if compliance holds but says this will likely be on the order of months. Commissioning volunteer therapists to deal with the massive social anxiety this causes. Overall tone is upbeat.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2864 on: March 21, 2020, 03:41:03 pm »

Which, again doesn't apply to anyone on this forum (that would be people NOT using their heads, who don't exist here).

So the 24 font isn't really necessary, is it?   That would be for people "using their heads" like the rest of us are......

ALL of us here are using our heads about this pandemic.  ALL of us.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:52:10 pm by musiclady »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2865 on: March 21, 2020, 03:43:25 pm »
Cuomo just gave his daily update. Overall infection rate is up about 50% from yesterday, an improvement from yesterday's doubling over the day before (sign of inflection point). Approves of the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combo for treatment. No new mandates as expected, the first time this week he hasn't issued a new restriction. Says they are on comparable track to China (two weeks to peak, a month to no new cases) if compliance holds but says this will likely be on the order of months. Commissioning volunteer therapists to deal with the massive social anxiety this causes. Overall tone is upbeat.

I suspect all the rats will talk of compliance in terms of months. That ain't gonna happen.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2866 on: March 21, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »

This is impossible.  Noted scientist Rachel Madow says the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combo doesn't work at all, and the President needs to be shut up by the press to keep him from spreading hopeful lies like this.  See, even the Great Andrew Cuomo fell for the Trump Lies!

At some point, people are going to start getting angry with the panic mongers. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2867 on: March 21, 2020, 03:50:41 pm »
MAKING MEDICAL FACE MASKS TO HELP WITH THE SHORTAGE

There is a serious shortage of medical face masks for our hospital staffs across the country.

Those who can sew can help mitigate the shortage as explained on this link.

It's something practical that can be done to help keep our nurses and doctors safe in this medical emergency.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2868 on: March 21, 2020, 03:57:50 pm »
You know who else I wonder about whom could have trouble per occupations? I wonder if sanitary pick up (trashmen) and plumbers and  those working in the sewers and such could have problems??  To me, it seems so but that's just speculation. Some backed up toilets/piping might have been much less dangerous a few years ago than, say it were to happen this year.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2869 on: March 21, 2020, 04:00:12 pm »
You know who else I wonder about whom could have trouble per occupations? I wonder if sanitary pick up (trashmen) and plumbers and  those working in the sewers and such could have problems??  To me, it seems so but that's just speculation. Some backed up toilets/piping might have been much less dangerous a few years ago than, say it were to happen this year.

I watched our garbage man (excuse me, "sanitary engineer"  :laugh:) pick up our trash this past week, and he didn't even have gloves on!

You make a good point that these folks are in potential danger.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2870 on: March 21, 2020, 04:08:14 pm »

Good one, this writer knows more than Trump, Cotton, Bibi Netanyahu and the leaders of most countries in the world shutting things down.

Tawian? Singapore? Why are these countries combating the virus successfully? They aren't just sitting back and doing nothing.

Also, like that Stanford prof, if one is tossing around insults,  one can easily opine some of this is disinfo beneficial to the Chicoms:

Rep. Paul Gosar, DDS
@RepGosar
Communist China literally thanking Hillary Clinton for her support...

MAKING MEDICAL FACE MASKS TO HELP WITH THE SHORTAGE

There is a serious shortage of medical face masks for our hospital staffs across the country.

Those who can sew can help mitigate the shortage as explained on this link.

It's something practical that can be done to help keep our nurses and doctors safe in this medical emergency.

Looks like a good video to post in the new Covid19 or Coronavirus videos thread.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:09:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2871 on: March 21, 2020, 04:11:30 pm »
NYC sees 3,254 New COVID-19 Cases; NJ Awaits ‘Major Announcement’ from Murphy

19 cases rise to 7,530–1,300 higher than Cuomo announced an hour ago with 45 deaths

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/tri-state-enacts-new-measures-to-slow-covid-19-nj-awaits-major-announcement-from-murphy/2337410/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2872 on: March 21, 2020, 04:14:46 pm »
Good one, this writer knows more than Trump, Cotton, Bibi Netanyahu and the leaders of most countries in the world shutting things down.

Tawian? Singapore? Why are these countries combating the virus successfully? They aren't just sitting back and doing nothing.

Also, like that Stanford prof, if one is tossing around insults,  one can easily opine some of this is disinfo beneficial to the Chicoms:

Good grief Tom, did you read the essay?

Chinese media is hyping the problem over here in an effort to make themselves look efficient and us inept. It is not in their interests to play down the issue here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:17:13 pm by skeeter »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2873 on: March 21, 2020, 04:20:02 pm »
Here's a repost of the graphic Joe posted in #2816 above.
For some reason, it wouldn't display in Safari (it was a .png), so I converted it to a jpg file:

Online corbe

« Reply #2874 on: March 21, 2020, 04:26:28 pm »
   That was very considerate @Fishrrman Thank You
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.