Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2750 on: March 20, 2020, 06:30:06 pm »
I don't understand why.  It's just like a bad flu virus, plus it only kills the elderly or the weakest among us.  They were pretty much in God's waiting room anyway, plus why should I have to pay to save THEM. /sarcasm

@mrpotatohead I understood your post exactly.  What you don't seem to get is that Cuomo is only doing this because he hates Trump, he hates America, he hates capitalism, and he hates freedom /sarcasm

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2751 on: March 20, 2020, 06:31:44 pm »
@mrpotatohead I understood your post exactly.  What you don't seem to get is that Cuomo is only doing this because he hates Trump, he hates America, he hates capitalism, and he hates freedom /sarcasm
You were doing great until you got to the sarcasm tag. For extra credit check out his positions on the RKBA, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #2752 on: March 20, 2020, 06:38:02 pm »
Thank you.

Ditto @TomSea people are angry and scared and you should not judge them at their worst, but remember them at their best.  As the President says "We are all in this together" and I am grateful for the sourced information you provide daily.  You are fully awesome.

« Reply #2753 on: March 20, 2020, 06:55:19 pm »

https://twitter.com/TroyKinsey/status/1241069064526716931
Troy Kinsey @TroyKinsey
Be it done: @GovRonDeSantis  this afternoon is ordering #Florida’s restaurants to shut down their dining areas. Gyms are also being forced to close. The governor’s order will, however, allow restaurants to sell take-home alcohol with to-go & delivery food orders. #coronavirus
1:28 PM · Mar 20, 2020 from Tallahassee, FL

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:56:40 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2754 on: March 20, 2020, 06:59:25 pm »
A question or two:

It seems like many of those who are becoming severely ill and dying are doing so from contracting pneumonia as a "side-result" of the ChinaVirus.

Will having had a "pneumonia shot" (vaccine? supposed good for 7 years) in the past offer any protection against this?

Anyone have any idea?

« Reply #2755 on: March 20, 2020, 07:03:42 pm »
You were doing great until you got to the sarcasm tag. For extra credit check out his positions on the RKBA, too.
Thanks for the reply @Smokin Joe I don't care about the rights of gun owners much more than I care about the rights of illegal immigrants right now.  I am interested in how Cuomo he is going to combat a deadly pandemic.  Not looking for extra credit.  I'll just say you're welcome for the "great" parts.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:04:36 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2756 on: March 20, 2020, 07:04:12 pm »
A question or two:

It seems like many of those who are becoming severely ill and dying are doing so from contracting pneumonia as a "side-result" of the ChinaVirus.

Will having had a "pneumonia shot" (vaccine? supposed good for 7 years) in the past offer any protection against this?

Anyone have any idea?
I don't know. The three main identifiable risk factors are Hypertension, Diabetes, and Coronary Disease.
Age may be a factor, but the three above are more common as people get older, so that may be a red herring.
Some have postulated that the pneumonia is a form of pulmonary edema brought about by an overly intense immune response, similar to a Cytokine Storm.

Certainly, anything which might prevent an opportunistic bacterial pneumonia can't hurt, but may not provide any protection from the virus, itself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2757 on: March 20, 2020, 07:37:00 pm »
A question or two:

Anyone have any idea?

That is a damn good question. I doubt this is the place to find a serious answer.

Increasingly I find better,  serious inforrmation on (non-political) AM radio, podcasts like Dr. Drew, Scott Adams etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2758 on: March 20, 2020, 07:42:36 pm »

Speaking of which, certain 'authorities' in the SF Bay Area have taken it upon themselves to 'pick winners' in this shut down; have determined gun shops are 'non essential' and have ordered them closed. I expect this will spread among the localities.

It won't take much to drive them out of business, a goal of the leftists for years.

Others may disagree, but this is pretty clearly a canary in the coal mine.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:43:51 pm by skeeter »

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2760 on: March 20, 2020, 07:46:48 pm »
Speaking of which, certain 'authorities' in the SF Bay Area have taken it upon themselves to 'pick winners' in this shut down; have determined gun shops are 'non essential' and have ordered them closed. I expect this will spread among the localities.

It won't take much to drive them out of business, a goal of the leftists for years.

Others may disagree, but this is pretty clearly a canary in the coal mine.

:yowsa: I agree with you 100% @skeeter
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2761 on: March 20, 2020, 07:50:37 pm »
:yowsa: I agree with you 100% @skeeter

It goes to motive and the old 'trading essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety' aphorism.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2762 on: March 20, 2020, 08:00:26 pm »
It goes to motive and the old 'trading essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety' aphorism.

:thumbsup:

Men are qualified for civil liberty in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their own appetites, — in proportion as their love to justice is above their rapacity, — in proportion as their soundness and sobriety of understanding is above their vanity and presumption, — in proportion as they are more disposed to listen to the counsels of the wise and good, in preference to the flattery of knaves. Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters.

Edmund Burke
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:02:29 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2763 on: March 20, 2020, 08:05:15 pm »
3/20

Worldwide
Recovery : Death ratio  =  7.90
Cases : Recoveries ratio  =  3.01

Hubei
Recovery : Death ratio  =  21.91
Cases : Recoveries ratio  =  1.14

US-Canada-Mexico
Recovery : Death ratio  =  0.18
Cases : Recoveries ratio  =  438.17

One piece of good news, reported recoveries in Washington State rose from 1 to 19.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #2764 on: March 20, 2020, 08:46:52 pm »
Aaron Katersky @AaronKatersky
New York State Liquor Store Association notified liquor stores that they have been deemed an essential business and may remain open.
1:35 PM · Mar 20, 2020

The silver lining

Offline corbe

« Reply #2765 on: March 20, 2020, 08:50:07 pm »
   Similar:

Cannabis dispensaries listed as essential businesses under L.A. County coronavirus order

by: Los Angeles Times

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 / 08:09 PM PDT / Updated: Mar 19, 2020 / 08:09 PM PDT

The “safer at home” emergency order just announced by Los Angeles County and the cities within its borders at a Thursday evening news conference requires all indoor malls, shopping centers, playgrounds and nonessential retail businesses to close effective midnight tonight through at least April 19. Allowed to operate — as long as they observe proper social-distancing guidelines and do not include more than 10 people in one place — are a list of essential services including city and county government services, grocery stores, hardware stores and, wait for it, cannabis dispensaries.

<..snip..>

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/cannabis-dispensaries-listed-as-essential-businesses-under-l-a-county-coronavirus-order/

Who woulda thunk a bunch of drunks and stoners had such a powerful lobby  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2766 on: March 20, 2020, 08:51:10 pm »
"Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglass August 4, 1857

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2767 on: March 20, 2020, 08:56:54 pm »
"Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglass August 4, 1857

And it looks like there is no end to that which will be submitted to... That's why I live up here.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2768 on: March 20, 2020, 08:58:50 pm »
And it looks like there is no end to that which will be submitted to...

As long as the liquor stores stay open.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2769 on: March 20, 2020, 08:59:55 pm »
As long as the liquor stores stay open.

Woohoo!

*****rollingeyes*****

« Reply #2770 on: March 20, 2020, 09:00:12 pm »
   Who woulda thunk a bunch of drunks and stoners had such a powerful lobby  :shrug:

Together WE ARE MIGHTY!!!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2771 on: March 20, 2020, 09:02:34 pm »
Together WE ARE MIGHTY!!!
Just as I suspected.  happy77

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2772 on: March 20, 2020, 09:12:19 pm »
Any fans of “The Bachelor”?

Bachelor’s Colton Underwood Tested Positive for Coronavirus: ‘I'm Exhausted’

Bachelor star Colton Underwood has tested positive for the new coronavirus, he said Friday, and urged younger adults to take the virus seriously.

Underwood, 28, said that he started experiencing symptoms a few days earlier.

“I want to let you guys know: I’m 28, I consider myself pretty healthy, I work out regularly, I eat healthy, and I became symptomatic a few days ago, got my test results back today, and they are positive,” he said in an Instagram video.

The reality star said the virus, officially named COVID-19, has been draining.

https://people.com/health/bachelor-colton-underwood-tested-positive-coronavirus/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2773 on: March 20, 2020, 09:13:40 pm »
The Bachelor franchises are a guilty, trashy TV treat for me. Pure escapism at it’s silliest.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2774 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:05 pm »

It's all part of Directive 10-289.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-