Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2700 on: March 20, 2020, 03:59:00 pm »
As has been said many, many times, what it is doing is slowing down the spread so that the medical community isn’t overwhelmed.

Even as it is they are under great stress because of the lack of protective gear.

That ain't working.

If I stay at home I will not get sick.  If one has gotten sick and stays at home he or she will not spread the disease further.

That is not true. If you are fully fortified, and have no further contact, you won't get sick. But that really ain't the case. Either you, or one you know will have to go out for resupply numerous times across many months. And you are likely ordering... Every box and flat stock entering your house is a vector.

An overwhelmed nurse practitioner who is tough as nails wrote last night (not my d-i-l) that people need to stop comparing this to the flu. With the flu and other diseases, there is a known medical treatment.

This is brand new and completely unknown. 

No it is not. It is SARS, and the Corona family is long known.

There is no known treatment and people in the medical community are scared.

They should be scared. and they ain't seen nothing yet.

Ignoring what they are saying and proclaiming that you know better than they is nothing more than hubris.

Ignoring what they say, when you yourself just admitted they don't know what to do. Areas of the country are slipping into martial law... whole sectors of the country are collapsing, many to never rise again. THAT is the threat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2701 on: March 20, 2020, 04:09:55 pm »
None of us is required to continue an argument they think they have already won or they think deserves a burial.   11513
I can only speak for myself but @musiclady has proven to me time and again that stuff she writes is thoughtful, honest, and credible.
If this lie about anyone pretending nothing is happening you believe to be thoughtful, honest and credible, then you two deserve each other as being at the least ignorant and at most outright liars.
There’s a big difference between being informed and aware and panic.

It seems that some prefer being ignorant to an honest discussion of what’s going on so they try to pretend nothing is happening.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,388835.msg2173085.html#msg2173085
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2702 on: March 20, 2020, 04:17:48 pm »
None of us is required to continue an argument they think they have already won or they think deserves a burial.   11513
I can only speak for myself but @musiclady has proven to me time and again that stuff she writes is thoughtful, honest, and credible.

Absolutely and I do think the sentiment that there is nothing amiss here is also something I see. I rarely see some opinion of it just being "overreaction", "yeah, there is danger BUT".... so, I will chime in on Music Lady's side but all the same, I think we are splitting hairs, the debate has gone on enough to just bring it up again.

If someone is saying it's no worse than the seasonal flu, that the seasonal flu has caused more deaths, darn tooting, I think they are dismissing what we are up against and that's nothing against them, they have a right to their opinion too.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:20:47 pm by TomSea »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2703 on: March 20, 2020, 04:24:46 pm »
Congratulations to the border patriots celebrating the complete closings of our borders.  Probably smart to bring out Chad Wolf Secretary of Homeland Security to remind the GOP base this is what they wanted. 

I don't care much about illegal immigration usually, but I do today.  Stay home foreigners.

« Reply #2704 on: March 20, 2020, 04:27:10 pm »
The fully awesome Dr Fauci is on. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2705 on: March 20, 2020, 04:28:28 pm »
Trump Drops ‘Game-Changing’ Coronavirus Update — It Could Change Everything
written by David Lindfield March 20, 2020

President Donald Trump referred to a new drug as a potential “game-changer” that has been reportedly producing strong results in trials involving hospitalized American patients.

Specifically, the president said there are a “couple of drugs” the FDA is approving for “immediate use.”

This is expected to include hydroxychloroquine, a malaria drug that has shown potential in battling coronavirus.

Read more at:  https://newspushed.com/trump-drops-game-changing-coronavirus-update-it-could-change-everything/

THIS 15 DAYS, to me, is a bit of a pause, to see where we stand, halt as much as we can the spread of the disease and yes,  there is a good chance, a good number of people have walked around with the corona and haven't known it, maybe they won't even get sick, it's all touch and go.

« Reply #2706 on: March 20, 2020, 04:34:58 pm »
President Trump invokes defense production act to produce ventilators.  This is smart, even if we wind up not needing them, they can be sold, and we will no longer be dependent on foreign manufacturing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:36:27 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2707 on: March 20, 2020, 04:38:26 pm »
We are trying to get our ducks in a row,  we could seek to follow South Korea's Hong Kong's, Taiwan's and Singapore's success in tackling this problem. Remember, it's not all bad... these countries and Hong Kong have done okay, I think SK has done reasonably well too.  Read up on SK, a cult apparently brought it in there in part, another topic.  Also see pic below, I've seen so many of these kinds of pictures, will we see this kind of fumigation in the USA? I lean towards believing that will happen. Heck, that's Taiwan in the picture, probably or maybe the most successful country in fighting this so far, they being aware of the tricks of their foes, Communist China.
PN Balji
Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan: the real coronavirus world leaders

Governments across Europe and North America have showed an almost callous disregard for the health of their citizens, and the world
    In Asia, meanwhile, oases of single-minded purpose have sprung up, sincere in their efforts to ‘flatten the curve’ of transmission

Soldiers practice using disinfectant guns in Taiwan’s Xindian district last week. Photo: AFP

More: https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/article/3075915/singapore-hong-kong-taiwan-real-coronavirus-world-leaders

The headline is correct, I don't quite care for the attitude though of the editorial itself. We will find out all in good time.

Just for the freaking record, Professor Steve Hanke tweeted this article out, Hanke is Reagan alumnus, pretty sharp guy.

https://twitter.com/steve_hanke

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:47:55 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #2708 on: March 20, 2020, 04:40:49 pm »
President Trump says he is "not very far away" from Schumer in regards of a stimulus bill.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2709 on: March 20, 2020, 04:42:01 pm »
President Trump says he is "not very far away" from Schumer in regards of a stimulus bill.

Is it odd that I don't find that surprising?

« Reply #2710 on: March 20, 2020, 04:44:21 pm »
If this lie about anyone pretending nothing is happening you believe to be thoughtful, honest and credible, then you two deserve each other as being at the least ignorant and at most outright liars.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you @IsailedawayfromFR Stay healthy

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2711 on: March 20, 2020, 04:45:10 pm »
Hillary was out tweeting on this, though, I obviously don't agree with what she is saying, she did mention something about nurses using bandanas as masks.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1240749605912002560   Yep, I saw an article on this.

"Hospitals are already running out of ventilators and beds. Nurses are using bandanas as masks."

So, the take away here, is one can make homemade masks as well and also, I guess, one could use a bandana.  Certainly caution must be used.

« Reply #2712 on: March 20, 2020, 04:51:46 pm »
Is it odd that I don't find that surprising?
@roamer_1
Nope, and I applaud your purity of cynicism.  Even though I want to give President Trump the benefit of the doubt, You have every right to doubt him, given his record.   

Online corbe

« Reply #2713 on: March 20, 2020, 04:53:55 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #2714 on: March 20, 2020, 04:54:53 pm »
Trump unloads his ugly but maybe justifiable indignation on the media.  Clips available on twitter soon.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2715 on: March 20, 2020, 04:56:06 pm »
Prof. Steve Hanke
@steve_hanke
#Italy suffered from 475 #Coronavirus deaths in one day. The city of #Bergamo doesn't have enough capacity to cremate all the bodies, so the military had to transport bodies out of the city.

If the US wants to avoid the same fate, the govt must act fast.

https://twitter.com/steve_hanke/status/1240655961846624257

COVID19 is so contagious, that's why the guys and gals are wearing hazmat suits and I guess, in some cases, cremation may be necessary, it's so contagious, what a nightmare that'd be AND...I don't understand it or know enough but I hope we don't see that here.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2716 on: March 20, 2020, 05:01:12 pm »
New York joins California in locking down against the virus

New York state moved to join California on Friday in confining nearly all residents to their homes, as governors undertook their most sweeping efforts yet to contain the coronavirus and fend off the kind of onslaught of patients that has caused southern Europe to buckle.

“We’re going to close the valve, because the rate of increase in the number of cases portends a total overwhelming of our hospital system,” New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said as cases in the state climbed to more than 7,000 and the death toll reached at least 38.

Cuomo said that starting Sunday, all workers in nonessential businesses must stay home and all gatherings of any size will be banned in the state of more than 19 million people. The move came after California all but confined its 40 million residents in the biggest lockdown in the nation.

https://apnews.com/52f7fc77cce85060ad1cf73297b7cd45
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2717 on: March 20, 2020, 05:03:51 pm »
I double posted above story here and the NY thread. It’s important for people living in NY see it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2718 on: March 20, 2020, 05:14:00 pm »
I double posted above story here and the NY thread. It’s important for people living in NY see it.

I should imagine every cell phone in the state has gone off with alerts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2719 on: March 20, 2020, 05:15:34 pm »
Coronavirus: PM orders pubs, restaurants and gyms to close across the UK

Boris Johnson has ordered cafes, pubs, bars, restaurants and gyms to close from tonight in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus.

It comes after the total number of people who have died in the UK after contracting COVID-19 rose to 177 after England saw 39 more deaths - the biggest rise in a day.

There were 3,269 confirmed cases in the UK recorded by Thursday evening - that figure will be updated later today.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pm-orders-pubs-restaurants-and-gyms-to-close-across-the-uk-11961064

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2720 on: March 20, 2020, 05:16:50 pm »
I should imagine every cell phone in the state has gone off with alerts.

You’re probably correct. *sigh*

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2721 on: March 20, 2020, 05:21:04 pm »

:yowsa: He was/is still right as rain!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2722 on: March 20, 2020, 05:22:12 pm »
Cuomo just locked down New York.
I don't understand why.  It's just like a bad flu virus, plus it only kills the elderly or the weakest among us.  They were pretty much in God's waiting room anyway, plus why should I have to pay to save THEM. /sarcasm

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2723 on: March 20, 2020, 05:22:38 pm »
Trump unloads his ugly but maybe justifiable indignation on the media.  Clips available on twitter soon.

There, fixed it for you.  I've been watching the press conference today and it's quite amazing the crap that the media is trying to stir.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2724 on: March 20, 2020, 05:27:41 pm »

Thank you @Once-Ler .

Pointless arguments are...... well, pointless.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.