Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79641 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2400 on: March 19, 2020, 03:58:15 pm »
Can you provide a link for that claim?  Not just a worse risk but any risk at all?
A very small percentage of the serious cases do involve otherwise healthy people. Not sure whether any of the deaths involved young and/or healthy individuals. Will try to find stats.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2401 on: March 19, 2020, 03:59:05 pm »
New York City To Release Inmates Due To Coronavirus Outbreak

New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in America and the nation watches to see the response in solidarity with that city and state but also to get a preview of what is coming for the rest of us.

New York Governor Cuomo announced the state is doing thousands of tests now after an enormous effort to get that system on track.

Trump has sent a hospital ship to help with the expected burden on its health care system.

More:  https://newsthud.com/new-york-city-to-release-inmates-due-to-coronavirus-outbreak/  summarizing from the NY Post:   https://nypost.com/2020/03/18/nyc-to-begin-releasing-inmates-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=facebook

It's a hard call, if inmates get sick and die, I'm sure the institutions can be sued.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2402 on: March 19, 2020, 04:05:54 pm »
Symptom: Shortness of breath along with what seems to go along with a "chest tightness", I can see what that would look like.

Lots of details too, such as if the virus stays in the upper lung vs. the lower lung which I believe is like pneumonia  (worse).

The most common symptoms of coronavirus include a fever, fatigue, cough or chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-symptoms-17664821

Immune system, again, I'm hitting the vitamin C, airborne chewable tablets which has zinc too or Emergen-C seem to be decent.  Totally unproven, just some of what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:07:01 pm by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2403 on: March 19, 2020, 04:11:09 pm »
I've read that those zinc lozenges may be helpful with viruses. I was at a church meeting last night and one of the members - a family medicine practitioner - urged use of Zicam or similar products.

Offline DB

« Reply #2404 on: March 19, 2020, 04:17:52 pm »
I've read that those zinc lozenges may be helpful with viruses. I was at a church meeting last night and one of the members - a family medicine practitioner - urged use of Zicam or similar products.

http://www.tasteandsmell.com/apr04.htm

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2405 on: March 19, 2020, 04:18:44 pm »
http://www.tasteandsmell.com/apr04.htm
My doctor friend said do not use the nasal spray, just the zinc lozenges.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2407 on: March 19, 2020, 04:23:32 pm »

Airborne is also very good.  It has loads of Vitamin C (and other vitamins), zinc, magnesium and other goodies.  It was developed by a school teacher who got tired of getting sick every fall.  (I used to do that too when I was teaching).

We take it daily and almost never get sick from anything, and if we do, it's always a very mild version of a cold or whatever.....

There are gummies, fizzies and chewable versions of it.  I use any of the three.

It's a little pricey, but to me well worth it since it keeps me healthy and not in need of other OTC meds.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2408 on: March 19, 2020, 04:25:58 pm »
Can you provide a link for that claim?  Not just a worse risk but any risk at all?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says Scroll down to the graphic (pie chart) 99,2% of the Italians had some serious underlying health issue or multiple issues.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2409 on: March 19, 2020, 04:26:13 pm »
We'll see if there are any zinc products on the drugstore shelves. Will report back tomorrow, after my shopping trip.

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2411 on: March 19, 2020, 04:26:39 pm »

The professor is correct!

Those of us who are visually impaired wear glasses to correct our vision.  Can you please keep the font size down?  Sheesh!   :shrug:

btw, that is one professor whose opinion is in opposition to thousands of other health care professionals and scientists.

Just make sure that in your cynicism, you don't get yourself sick........... or make anyone sick that you care about.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2412 on: March 19, 2020, 04:30:29 pm »
We've been saying that all along.

:yowsa:  And we are still right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2413 on: March 19, 2020, 04:39:29 pm »
We now have a case in our county in Ohio. 

89 known cases in the state, up from 3 a week ago.

So far, praise the Lord, no deaths.  But some hospitalized and very, very sick.

The state of Ohio is doing its best to flatten the curve of the spread of this 20x more communicable than flu disease.

Hospitals all over the country are low on protective gear for the first responders..... doctors, nurses, life-savers.

Keep praying for them and for us as a nation.

We have never seen anything of this nature before.  We are in uncharted territory.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2415 on: March 19, 2020, 04:42:32 pm »
Stanford Professor: Data Indicates We’re Severely Overreacting To Coronavirus

In related news, a Stanford Professor was taken out into the parking lot by other Professors and had the crap kicked out of him for jeopardizing their gumming grant money....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:43:43 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2416 on: March 19, 2020, 04:43:51 pm »

That's right.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2417 on: March 19, 2020, 04:46:40 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #2418 on: March 19, 2020, 04:48:10 pm »
World Keeps Spinning ~ Uncle Lucius

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2419 on: March 19, 2020, 04:52:34 pm »
We've been saying that all along.

And in return, we have been accused of 'bullying', 'making personal attacks', 'using innuendo', 'making ad hominems', and 'accusing others of trying to scare others with no back up'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2420 on: March 19, 2020, 04:55:11 pm »
Atlanta Rhythm Section  -  I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #2421 on: March 19, 2020, 04:57:19 pm »
   Love me some ARS, Thanks @Hoodat
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2422 on: March 19, 2020, 04:58:54 pm »
My pleasure.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2423 on: March 19, 2020, 05:04:32 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/younger-adults-comprise-big-portion-of-coronavirus-hospitalizations-in-us/ar-BB11nGEB?li=BBnb7Kz
The report included no information about whether patients of any age had underlying risk factors, such as a chronic illness or a compromised immune system. So, it is impossible to determine whether the younger patients who were hospitalized were more susceptible to serious infection than most others in their age group.

There's the bugaboo in this.There is some critical data missing, data which may help the average person much more accurately assess their personal risk.  In Italy, those killed by the virus (99.2%) had either diabetes, High Blood Pressure, or a coronary condition--or a combination of those.

Similarly, we have relatively young people who exhibit those (and other) illnesses which may make them more susceptible to the virus. Every shrieking headline seems to have some critical information missing.

Yes, young people can catch the virus. That part isn't age dependent. However, the likelihood of developing heart disease, diabetes, or having High Blood Pressure generally increases with age, so that skews the age of those who become critically ill or die upwards. It does not remove risk from younger people who have those conditions.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2424 on: March 19, 2020, 05:06:10 pm »
Much of these big business owners are us, stock holders with our 401ks.
Just don't look at your statement this month....I'm not.