Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79641 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2050 on: March 17, 2020, 03:48:39 pm »
OK! Try this one on! We are ALL going to die! Every last one of us and there is not one thing we can do to prevent it!

Memento Mori
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2051 on: March 17, 2020, 03:48:50 pm »
OK! Try this one on! We are ALL going to die! Every last one of us and there is not one thing we can do to prevent it!

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2052 on: March 17, 2020, 03:50:38 pm »
Continued unabated, 1 out of every 2 could be infected per an actuarial study computed, the computation was limited by the fact, that it changes from Winter to Spring to Summer.  Yeah, just ignore it. Sharp.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2053 on: March 17, 2020, 03:51:02 pm »
Official data showed the number of fatalities shooting up by 368 to 1,809 — more than half of all the cases recorded outside China....

Instead of computing a linear equation midway through the process, you should measure the current slope (i.e. derivative) and note the change of that.  China's curve is leveling out (i.e. the slope is getting smaller) which indicated the disease spread is slowing down considerably.  Expect the same trend in Italy, the US, etc.  China got a head start, so their curve is more representative of the disease path, while Italy, the US, etc. have data sets that are incomplete.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2054 on: March 17, 2020, 03:51:23 pm »
What?

We're all going to die. Period. So just let nature run its course unabated then is what your saying... Sucks to be you if you die because others couldn't be bothered.

All those hospitals need to close down and Docs and nurses resign and medical research halt.

No point for any of it.  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:52:31 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2055 on: March 17, 2020, 03:52:20 pm »

Wow, if I lived during the days of the Bubonic (Black) plague. Outstanding observation.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2056 on: March 17, 2020, 03:52:33 pm »
When Fauci speaks I'm reminded of this character from the original Independence Day .... 

Perhaps it's time to return Fauci to the back room ... without WIFI.  :laugh:

I loved the Brent Spiner character in Independence Day!  "They don't let us out much."  "Uh, yeah, I can see that."

Fauci reminds me of that line from Donald Rumsfeld..."We know what we know, and we don't know what we don't know."  Something like that, going from memory.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2057 on: March 17, 2020, 03:53:30 pm »
Again, we have to ask ourselves, why now? We had outbreaks before, some far deadlier, with nothing near this response. But, what’s different today?

If the word “November election” didn’t spring immediately to mind, you maybe suffering a touch of white coat syndrome and not not using your head. In politics there are no coincidences. Keep in mind our media is nearly one hundred percent political Left. Without the DNC having to lift a finger, their will is done.

You have to be blind to look at the situation in places like Italy and still believe this is just US politics.

Special Report: 'All is well'. In Italy, triage and lies for virus patients
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-ethics-speci/special-report-all-is-well-in-italy-triage-and-lies-for-virus-patients-idUSKBN2133KG

...Italy’s Association of Anaesthesia, Analgesia, Resuscitation and Intensive Care published new guidelines on March 7. Because it expects a “huge imbalance” between the clinical needs of the population and intensive care resources over the next few weeks, it told those on the front lines: Give priority to those with “greater life expectancy.”...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2058 on: March 17, 2020, 03:53:56 pm »
Presser's on, first Trump, not Pence.  I think they've done a great job. Bumps in the road? Sure, you will have some of that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2059 on: March 17, 2020, 03:54:45 pm »
:yowsa:

Good to see someone go after the culpable party, what a joke, some conspiracy that the US government is doing this to control the population.

You realize that this would constitute default on bond debt that is considered a quasi reference currency?  I hate the Chicoms as much as anyone else, but an action like this would bring the entire world's financial systems crashing down.   Geez!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:57:02 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2060 on: March 17, 2020, 03:55:40 pm »
IMHO this whole episode has been manufactured in order to:

1. Slow down Trump' momentum toward re-election
2. Get the attempted coup out of the news cycle
3. Test to see just how far the envelope can be pushed WRT stampeding the heard.

And, so far as I can tell, they have been hugely successful at all three. Look for much more of the same.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2061 on: March 17, 2020, 03:55:43 pm »
I’m so stupid. Yesterday I noticed I was running low in Tylenol. I put some in my Amazon shopping cart and fell asleep. Forgot all about it.

Today the media us saying take Tylenol for a fever. Do not take Advil or Aleve. So I go back to Amazon, and they’re completely out of Tylenol unless you want to pay $60 for a bottle that was $5 yesterday. But Advil and Aleve are plentiful.

I see a repeat of the guy in Tennessee that got 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer.

You know what? Hang in there. I’m getting sad with this self isolation but it’s all good.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2062 on: March 17, 2020, 03:55:58 pm »
Wow, if I lived during the days of the Bubonic (Black) plague. Outstanding observation.

You just need to go back to 1918 and see what happens when no one does anything to stop a plague......... wasn’t that “just the flu??”

Btw, I haven’t thanked you for all the work you’re doing to keep these threads going.

So thanks!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline thackney

« Reply #2063 on: March 17, 2020, 03:56:06 pm »

True, but most of work to postpone it a reasonable amount of time.  Or have you quit eating?

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2064 on: March 17, 2020, 03:57:45 pm »
I loved the Brent Spiner character in Independence Day!  "They don't let us out much."  "Uh, yeah, I can see that."

Fauci reminds me of that line from Donald Rumsfeld..."We know what we know, and we don't know what we don't know."  Something like that, going from memory.

I’ve only seen Brent Spiner as Data. He’s cool and he likes cats.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

« Reply #2065 on: March 17, 2020, 03:57:56 pm »
Instead of computing a linear equation midway through the process, you should measure the current slope (i.e. derivative) and note the change of that.  China's curve is leveling out (i.e. the slope is getting smaller) which indicated the disease spread is slowing down considerably.  Expect the same trend in Italy, the US, etc.  China got a head start, so their curve is more representative of the disease path, while Italy, the US, etc. have data sets that are incomplete.

Note those graphs are not starting from the same calendar date, but from the point of 10 reported cases of infection.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2066 on: March 17, 2020, 03:58:27 pm »

We should be going what Japan and S. Korea are doing. We are not Italy yet put appear to be follow the same trajectory.  Not good.  And I do not believe the numbers (or anything) coming out of China.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2067 on: March 17, 2020, 03:58:45 pm »
You are citing extremist’s numbers, not factual data about the numbers of people who have died.

No I am not - the predicted numbers of deaths across the course of this, according to worst case, is 200k to 1.7m

But that ain't even it.
They are using confirmed cases, which are cases tested and proved, to come up with the mortality rate. But for every confirmed case there are a myriad of cases that never will be tested or confirmed. Because testing is only done when symptoms present and warrant the testing.

to wit:
Say 100 confirmed cases with 1 death in a given region.
but there are 900 cases that never get logged, because the flu like symptoms were mild enough that the infected never went in to be tested...

The mortality rate is defined as 1 in 100.
But the truth is 1 in 1000.

That is a far cry less virulent and a far more palatable mortality rate... incidentally that rate will likely track with common virus pandemics... Like flu.

If less people are exposed, less people will become sick.

At the personal level that is true - you have a better chance (still a matter of chance). But not in the aggregate. Again, we have never controlled a virus in the wild. NEVER. It will run it's course.

And the economy will recover from these short term measures taken.

I take it you are not a small-businessman. When I was operating, I guarantee you, my businesses could not sustain a 60 day shut-down. Certainly not 90 days. ANY shut=down would have been flirting with bankruptcy. And I know I am not alone in that.

Shutting it off will be devastating on many many levels.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:59:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2068 on: March 17, 2020, 04:00:45 pm »
True, but most of work to postpone it a reasonable amount of time.  Or have you quit eating?

No I haven't and don't plan to. I also take reasonable precautions to avoid getting sick but I was doing that before anyone ever heard of the Wuhan Coronavirus.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2069 on: March 17, 2020, 04:06:25 pm »
Look to Italy for the overwhelming of the medical capability in a modern society.  They do not have the capacity to treat all that need it already.

Italy hit by 368 new coronavirus deaths, hospitals in crisis
https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/italy-hit-by-368-new-coronavirus-deaths-hospitals-in-crisis/

taly on Sunday (15 March) reported a one-day record death toll and leaders warned of a bed and artificial respirator shortage in the European epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic.

Official data showed the number of fatalities shooting up by 368 to 1,809 — more than half of all the cases recorded outside China....

Ok...extrapolate that graph out and tell me how long I'm going to be cooped up in the house.   happy77
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:07:54 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline DB

« Reply #2070 on: March 17, 2020, 04:07:13 pm »

You are ignoring the action taken to level that out - if the numbers are vaguely accurate.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2071 on: March 17, 2020, 04:08:36 pm »
Ok...extrapolated that graph out and tell me how long I'm going to be cooped up in the house.   happy77

Way too long.

Our client has started shutting down projects for Mont Belvieu Gas Liquids.  Not a good sign.  I don't see the demand going down for plastics and and others that we are feedstock for providing.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2072 on: March 17, 2020, 04:11:03 pm »
No I haven't and don't plan to. I also take reasonable precautions to avoid getting sick but I was doing that before anyone ever heard of the Wuhan Coronavirus.

And what about others? No concern?

Nursing homes and hospitals should open their doors back to visitors?

I mean, we ARE all going to die, right??  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2073 on: March 17, 2020, 04:12:44 pm »
What?

We're all going to die. Period. So just let nature run its course unabated then is what your saying... Sucks to be you if you die because others couldn't be bothered.

No. Understand:
We have never controlled a virus in the wild. Never.
We have had flu vaccines for a very long time - they do nothing to impact the overall epidemic, and never have.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2074 on: March 17, 2020, 04:13:05 pm »
I’ve only seen Brent Spiner as Data. He’s cool and he likes cats.

I named a kitty after his Ginger Tabby, "Spot."
I will NOT comply.