Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2025 on: March 17, 2020, 03:34:58 pm »
That is also not true.The numbers they are using are inflated on their face.
Garbage in, garbage out.

...So when the hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths do not occur, the reason will be because the virus ran it's course (just like the flu) and petered out, as it predictably will.

How many deaths are enough?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2026 on: March 17, 2020, 03:35:06 pm »
Don't ask me why I clicked on your post because I have you on ignore....
  To confirm what you already decided about me. 

Can't you just let it go...
You decide to put me on ignore.  You angrily post an announcement to me and the forum.  You sneak a peek.  You post that to me and the forum, and then you ask "Can't you just let it go?"  You'll notice I don't have to ask you that. 

Can you imagine the weight on the President's shoulders right now.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/virus-missteps-trump-declares-i-don-t-take-responsibility-all-n1160236 Tell me all about it. 

Cut the guy some slack.  He needs our prayers not our ridicule.

He needs to resign.  He is not fit to lead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2027 on: March 17, 2020, 03:36:48 pm »
Just go to the liquor store and buy a liter of Everclear.   

I got one when we stocked the Castle Bar.   :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2028 on: March 17, 2020, 03:36:55 pm »
At our age....   Can you put a price tag on basically losing 6 months of enjoyable life?

I am a well, responsible self quarantining,  >60 y.o.  (age risk).  But I tell ya.....   If it becomes evident that this was overblown?  I don't think you will see the level of anger that has been seen in many years.

I don't know how it can be measured.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2029 on: March 17, 2020, 03:38:00 pm »
Garbage in, garbage out.

...So when the hundreds of thousands or millions of deaths do not occur, the reason will be because the virus ran it's course (just like the flu) and petered out, as it predictably will.

Are you actually on the beach @skeeter

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2030 on: March 17, 2020, 03:38:37 pm »
Garbage in, garbage out.

I'm reading a translated interview with Dr Zhong Nanshan, who discovered SARs in 2003 - he says SARs was far worse in terms of mortality, and since Coronavirus was determined to be similar the reaction to Coronavirus in China was over the top.

However, he says that due to oxygen therapies, etc developed in response to SARs this virus was resolved with a relatively low body count. For what its worth.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:53:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2031 on: March 17, 2020, 03:38:57 pm »
Well, I don't know what it is and what it isn't but I sure can't change what is happening.  Sound like surrender?  It isn't.  I have a couple hundred people who work under me.  Many, if not most (maybe all), are fearful.  I am trying to provide leadership and the only way I know is to be present, be visible.  As for me personally, I am 66 years old with a slightly compromised respiratory system yet I am still here, tending the "herd" as I always do.  I'm keeping them away from the cliff. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2033 on: March 17, 2020, 03:39:50 pm »

For everyone who dies ten will be bankrupted if we continue this idiocy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2034 on: March 17, 2020, 03:40:10 pm »
Garbage in, garbage out.

You are citing extremist’s numbers, not factual data about the numbers of people who have died.

If less people are exposed, less people will become sick.

Yes, the virus will peter out.  Yes, this will all pass.

And the economy will recover from these short term measures taken.

American ingenuity and resourcefulness are not dead.

Perhaps we will come out of this a stronger nation, and perhaps the Church in America will revive because its people realize what’s really important.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2035 on: March 17, 2020, 03:40:19 pm »
Again, we have to ask ourselves, why now? We had outbreaks before, some far deadlier, with nothing near this response. But, what’s different today?

If the word “November election” didn’t spring immediately to mind, you maybe suffering a touch of white coat syndrome and not not using your head. In politics there are no coincidences. Keep in mind our media is nearly one hundred percent political Left. Without the DNC having to lift a finger, their will is done.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2036 on: March 17, 2020, 03:40:47 pm »
Well, I don't know what it is and what it isn't but I sure can't change what is happening.  Sound like surrender?  It isn't.  I have a couple hundred people who work under me.  Many, if not most (maybe all), are fearful.  I am trying to provide leadership and the only way I know is to be present, be visible.  As for me personally, I am 66 years old with a slightly compromised respiratory system yet I am still here, tending the "herd" as I always do.  I'm keeping them away from the cliff.

888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2037 on: March 17, 2020, 03:41:12 pm »

Doesn't matter. Those deaths are already preordained.

I know that sounds awful, but we are speaking statistically.
And facts don't care about your feelings.

Offline DB

« Reply #2038 on: March 17, 2020, 03:41:29 pm »

That wasn't an answer.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2039 on: March 17, 2020, 03:41:46 pm »
Are you actually on the beach @skeeter

We're a couple of blocks off the beach in a place called Seabright, around the corner from Santa Cruz's Boardwalk. Nice place now but the beach traffic here in the warmer months is horrific.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2040 on: March 17, 2020, 03:42:07 pm »
Again, we have to ask ourselves, why now? We had outbreaks before, some far deadlier, with nothing near this response. But, what’s different today?

If the word “November election” didn’t spring immediately to mind, you maybe suffering a touch of white coat syndrome and not not using your head. In politics there are no coincidences. Keep in mind our media is nearly one hundred percent political Left. Without the DNC having to lift a finger, their will is done.

:yowsa: Well said @aligncare

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2041 on: March 17, 2020, 03:43:14 pm »

You are an incredibly reactionary pessimist if you believe that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DB

« Reply #2042 on: March 17, 2020, 03:44:12 pm »
Doesn't matter. Those deaths are already preordained.

I know that sounds awful, but we are speaking statistically.
And facts don't care about your feelings.

What?

We're all going to die. Period. So just let nature run its course unabated then is what your saying... Sucks to be you if you die because others couldn't be bothered.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2043 on: March 17, 2020, 03:44:20 pm »
We should have a pretty good idea if it works or not simply by comparing results with other countries assuming those other countries that don't take these actions truthfully report the results. China and Iran for example, who knows what the truth is.

Look to Italy for the overwhelming of the medical capability in a modern society.  They do not have the capacity to treat all that need it already.

Italy hit by 368 new coronavirus deaths, hospitals in crisis
https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/italy-hit-by-368-new-coronavirus-deaths-hospitals-in-crisis/

taly on Sunday (15 March) reported a one-day record death toll and leaders warned of a bed and artificial respirator shortage in the European epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic.

Official data showed the number of fatalities shooting up by 368 to 1,809 — more than half of all the cases recorded outside China....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2044 on: March 17, 2020, 03:44:23 pm »
Republican congressman calls on Trump to make China forgive US debt over coronavirus crisis
by Emma Colton  | March 17, 2020 10:07 AM

Rep. Jim Banks thinks China needs to pay the United States for the spread of the coronavirus.

The Indiana Republican told Fox News’s Tucker Carlson Monday night that the U.S. needs to hold China accountable for the crisis the coronavirus has caused stateside, which could including making the communist country forgive a chunk of America's debt.

Carlson said during the segment: “The coronavirus is a Chinese virus, no matter what they are telling you. It originated in China and was able to spread to the rest of the world because the Chinese government hid the truth of what was happening early in the outbreak from the rest of the world. They lied about it, and that caused the terrible consequences we are watching now. You can blame China for that.”

Read more at:   https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republican-congressman-calls-on-trump-to-make-china-forgive-us-debt-over-coronavirus-crisis

:yowsa:

Good to see someone go after the culpable party, what a joke, some conspiracy that the US government is doing this to control the population.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2045 on: March 17, 2020, 03:44:29 pm »
That wasn't an answer.

OK! Try this one on! We are ALL going to die! Every last one of us and there is not one thing we can do to prevent it! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2046 on: March 17, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »

More like 500.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2047 on: March 17, 2020, 03:45:28 pm »
He needs to resign.  He is not fit to lead.

Yeah...no.  It's not going to happen, and is likely to be reelected despite all his shortcomings (and there are plenty).  Resigning under fire is not something I would expect Donald Trump to do.  It's not rational to expect he would.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2048 on: March 17, 2020, 03:46:40 pm »
More like 500.

You are more than likely right @Hoodat

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2049 on: March 17, 2020, 03:48:26 pm »
I saw that Presser yesterday, and Fauci's remark still has my head spinning. 888mouth

When Fauci speaks I'm reminded of this character from the original Independence Day .... 

Perhaps it's time to return Fauci to the back room ... without WIFI.  :laugh: