Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1875 on: March 17, 2020, 12:52:03 am »
NEW: The first 67 U.S. coronavirus deaths by state and age
March 16, 2020 by Sharyl Attkisson

67 U.S. Coronavirus Deaths

42 of total U.S. deaths, or 63%, from Washington State
37 Washington State deaths are from King County (88% of Wash. State deaths)
29 deaths from Life Care Center, Kirkland (43% of total U.S. deaths)

Sharyl Attkisson

That's good evidence that the fatality statistics are not indicative of much of anything.  The data population is way too small.  When one not-that-large State can skew the numbers that wildly, I'd have considered the stats too ambiguous to use for anything back in my pre-retirement work-land.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1876 on: March 17, 2020, 12:59:58 am »
Still not a single confirmed case in W.Va.  :shrug:

Coronavirus dispatch from Hong Kong: We’re already through this. Here’s how we did it — and what life looks like on the other side
Published: March 16, 2020 at 7:58 p.m. ET
By Brett Arends

“Hong Kong is definitely coming back to life” following a weeks-long coronavirus lockdown, says Adam Najberg, an American executive who’s been living in the territory for over a decade. “It’s clearly not bustling, and restaurants aren’t brimming with activity, but people are going out again, shopping again, walking on the streets.”   ...

Najberg spoke with MarketWatch via Facebook Messenger to describe his recent experiences in Hong Kong, and how the Chinese territory has dealt with the coronavirus outbreak.

“It was tense six weeks ago,” he said. “Uncertainty about how bad it might be was hanging over folks, especially those remembering SARS. Now, honestly, my two biggest personal concerns are about my kids in the U.S. and whether there is Diet Coke in the vending machine. The U.S. doesn’t get this, and the years of polarization and complacency and comfort lull people into not taking this seriously enough.”

Hong Kong is getting through this because the territory went to an emergency lockdown to stem the growing COVID-10 outbreak for three weeks in January and February, Najberg said. While the coronavirus has not been eradicated in Hong Kong, the territory has managed to severely slow the spread of the illness. According to the Johns Hopkins coronavirus tracker, Hong Kong has had a total of 155 confirmed cases, out of a population of 7.4 million.

Najberg said had to work from home for a few weeks. “Everyone masked up, work from home was implemented, [and] many companies have alternating shifts of staffers at the office, even though we’re back now,” he said. The territory did an enormous number of tests and quarantined the sick.  ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1877 on: March 17, 2020, 01:05:21 am »
Ok, from the fringe (not always accurate stuff if you know what I mean)...

First... different strains of this virus... L and S ....

L version tends to hit young as well as older folks...  thus why some countries are reporting half of their hospitalizations are under 50y/o folks...

I've been hearing this alot. So I checked out the stats from the last bad flu year - 2017/18.

During that year 70% of the hospitalizations in the US were over 65 years old. Meaning 30% were under 65 years old.

58% of the deaths were over 65 years old. That means 42% were under 65 years old.

So, once AGAIN, I see nothing about this outbreak which differentiates it from any other bad flu outbreak.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:06:52 am by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1878 on: March 17, 2020, 01:06:34 am »
Coronavirus dispatch from Hong Kong: We’re already through this. Here’s how we did it — and what life looks like on the other side
Full story

That's is exactly why Trump and his team of experts are calling right now for social distancing for 15 days ... it was also mentioned that there may be forced compliance if people don't cooperate on their own.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/katie-pavlich-forced-compliance-trump-coronavirus-guidelines
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:12:30 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1879 on: March 17, 2020, 01:12:28 am »
And that is the real problem with something like this. Especially if the govt locks things down for a couple of weeks.

I hate the panic buying, but I understand it. If jurisdictions go full China on this and you have to stay-in-place for awhile, you need supplies.

Like water, toilet paper, cleaning supplies - all the stuff that is disappearing off the shelves.

And it is worse than that, because in a short week, the shortages have penetrated DEEP into the warehouse level. Restocking is not going to happen for a whole lot of things, and that problem is only going to expand. Thank the idiot who came up with JIT distribution for that.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1880 on: March 17, 2020, 01:16:31 am »
 ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire  ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1881 on: March 17, 2020, 01:21:45 am »
And that is the real problem with something like this. Especially if the govt locks things down for a couple of weeks.

I hate the panic buying, but I understand it. If jurisdictions go full China on this and you have to stay-in-place for awhile, you need supplies.

Like water, toilet paper, cleaning supplies - all the stuff that is disappearing off the shelves.

Except ... the virus and the impact of China was known.  When the first cases started in the U.S., people should have taken some precautions that there might be a possibility that it could spread here and we could be on lockdown.  Buying a roll or two of xtra toilet paper and paper towels, is doable for most people. 

I've learned living in the hurricane belt you prepare ahead of time just in case.  Most here have been preparing for the past couple of weeks, but even at that the shelves are bare. Hand sanitizer is still not available.  Sanitizing wipes are also a rare commodity.  Toilet paper and paper towels are still flying off the shelves as well as food.

Amazon still has some paper towels and tp -- just not some of the big name brands.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1882 on: March 17, 2020, 01:29:44 am »
Woke up the morning.
I was dead and gone.
No more whiskey to keep me.
Coronavirus got me man.
I went outside to see the sum
One last time before I die.
Good bye all you bastards.
My last dying words
I ohate all you guys

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1883 on: March 17, 2020, 01:34:35 am »
“Hong Kong is definitely coming back to life” following a weeks-long coronavirus lockdown, says Adam Najberg, an American executive who’s been living in the territory for over a decade. “It’s clearly not bustling, and restaurants aren’t brimming with activity, but people are going out again, shopping again, walking on the streets.”   ...

Najberg spoke with MarketWatch via Facebook Messenger to describe his recent experiences in Hong Kong, and how the Chinese territory has dealt with the coronavirus outbreak.

“It was tense six weeks ago,” he said. “Uncertainty about how bad it might be was hanging over folks, especially those remembering SARS. Now, honestly, my two biggest personal concerns are about my kids in the U.S. and whether there is Diet Coke in the vending machine. The U.S. doesn’t get this, and the years of polarization and complacency and comfort lull people into not taking this seriously enough.”

Hong Kong is getting through this because the territory went to an emergency lockdown to stem the growing COVID-10 outbreak for three weeks in January and February, Najberg said. While the coronavirus has not been eradicated in Hong Kong, the territory has managed to severely slow the spread of the illness. According to the Johns Hopkins coronavirus tracker, Hong Kong has had a total of 155 confirmed cases, out of a population of 7.4 million.

Full story

Explain this to me.  Hong Kong still has 7,399,845 people with zero immunity to this disease.  How can they be confident that they can go about their normal business even though the virus is still spreading?  There is more to this than meets the eye.  If the citizens of Hong Kong can go about their daily activities, then the people of the US should be able to do the same as long as we treat the virus seriously.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1884 on: March 17, 2020, 01:35:31 am »
Woke up the morning.
I was dead and gone.
Coronavirus got me man.
My last dying words
I ohate all you guys

Welcome back @240B !
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1885 on: March 17, 2020, 01:37:12 am »
And it is worse than that, because in a short week, the shortages have penetrated DEEP into the warehouse level. Restocking is not going to happen for a whole lot of things, and that problem is only going to expand. Thank the idiot who came up with JIT distribution for that.

Not so sure ... why wouldn't a company like Kimbery-Clark take this opportunity to ramp up their production of tp, paper towels, napkins and tissues?  Same with Clorox -- ramp up production on bleach, and sanitizing cloths.  Same with Purell -- hand sanitizer.  These companies right now can make a fortune; I'm anticipating that they will raise the price in order to cover additional manufacturing costs???

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1886 on: March 17, 2020, 01:38:47 am »
Explain this to me.  Hong Kong still has 7,399,845 people with zero immunity to this disease.  How can they be confident that they can go about their normal business even though the virus is still spreading?  There is more to this than meets the eye.  If the citizens of Hong Kong can go about their daily activities, then the people of the US should be able to do the same as long as we treat the virus seriously.

Asia can be counted on to open for business as soon as practically possible. Anyone over here hoping to drag this 'crisis' out will not be able to conceal that fact.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1887 on: March 17, 2020, 01:43:19 am »
Not so sure ... why wouldn't a company like Kimbery-Clark take this opportunity to ramp up their production of tp, paper towels, napkins and tissues?  Same with Clorox -- ramp up production on bleach, and sanitizing cloths.  Same with Purell -- hand sanitizer.  These companies right now can make a fortune; I'm anticipating that they will raise the price in order to cover additional manufacturing costs???

If there were still distributorships instead of distribution points, there would be vast warehouses full of everything... ALREADY.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1888 on: March 17, 2020, 01:44:01 am »
Two-week vacay at home?  I expect we'll be seeing you here a lot...lol!

I'll be splitting my time between here and my X Box ( 360 and One) taking the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and Kentucky to the national Championship.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DB

« Reply #1889 on: March 17, 2020, 01:46:25 am »

They won't make a fortune with things like TP. If they up their production drastically they'll have to shut down later. Just because people buy too much TP doesn't mean they are using more TP. All those households that have extra stock of TP will have to use it up before they start buying again. Shutting down production for awhile is a big deal.

Online DB

« Reply #1890 on: March 17, 2020, 01:51:34 am »

I'm guessing because they have a single border that is well controlled and they believe they've tracked down the people that were infected. So it about containing the virus in the places they know it is until it burns out.

We don't know where it is. At all... And our borders are still essentially open.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1891 on: March 17, 2020, 01:52:46 am »
Woke up the morning.
I was dead and gone.
Coronavirus got me man.
My last dying words
I ohate all you guys

I got my toes in the water
Ass in the clay
Not a worry in the world
A PBR on the way
Life is good today
Life is good today -Toes: Zac Brown Band.

:seeya:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1892 on: March 17, 2020, 01:53:00 am »

LVMH to make hand sanitizer for coronavirus

Caitlin O'Kane,CBS MoneyWatch     â€¢     March 15, 2020

Luxury brands conglomerate LVMH, which owns high-end fashion brands like Louis Vuitton and Fendi, will be repurposing its perfume production lines to start making hand sanitizer as a response to the coronavirus outbreak. LVMH says it wants to tackle a nationwide shortage of anti-viral products in France, BBC News reports.

The company announced Sunday it will produce large quantities of hydroalcoholic gels and deliver them, free of charge, to health authorities.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lvmh-hand-sanitizer-coronavirus-032351436.html

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1893 on: March 17, 2020, 01:54:09 am »
Governor DeWine administration postponed Ohio's primary tomorrow until June 2. (Good thing).

Judge denies the request because there's already been enough time to get in absentee ballots. (Bad thing).

Administration appeals, and it's now before the Ohio Supreme Court.  (Good thing).

Stay tuned........     *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1894 on: March 17, 2020, 01:55:33 am »
Gordon G. Chang
@GordonGChang
A friend in LA tells me some doctors are reluctant to give #coronavirus tests because if a patient tests positive the docs have to self-quarantine and therefore lose income.
7:02 PM · Mar 16, 2020

https://twitter.com/GordonGChang/status/1239703560415215616

That's incredible but it makes sense all the same... come into contact with someone with the coronavirus, you should go into self-quarantine or quarantine, it's crazy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1895 on: March 17, 2020, 01:57:00 am »
LVMH to make hand sanitizer for coronavirus

Caitlin O'Kane,CBS MoneyWatch     â€¢     March 15, 2020

Luxury brands conglomerate LVMH, which owns high-end fashion brands like Louis Vuitton and Fendi, will be repurposing its perfume production lines to start making hand sanitizer as a response to the coronavirus outbreak. LVMH says it wants to tackle a nationwide shortage of anti-viral products in France, BBC News reports.

The company announced Sunday it will produce large quantities of hydroalcoholic gels and deliver them, free of charge, to health authorities.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lvmh-hand-sanitizer-coronavirus-032351436.html

Hand sanitizer:

1c Aloe Vera gel
2/3 c. isopropyl alchohol (shine/everclear/vodka works in a pinch)

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #1896 on: March 17, 2020, 02:11:56 am »
@libertybele
Not sure if you saw this...
Tennessee brothers who stockpiled nearly 18,000 bottles of hand sanitizer donate stash
The Tennessee brothers who tried to capitalize on the coronavirus outbreak by stockpiling nearly 18,000 bottles of hand sanitizer with the intent to resell the goods at marked-up prices have now had their stash cleaned out.

Matt and Noah Colvin drew widespread fury over the weekend after their effort was profiled by The New York Times, in which they were revealed to have cleared out hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes from stores around Chattanooga, Tenn., and parts of Kentucky.

But on Sunday, Matt Colvin helped volunteers from a local church place two-thirds of his massive supply onto a truck destined to deliver the products to Tennesseans in need, according to the newspaper. The remaining third reportedly was seized by officials from the Tennessee attorney general’s office and will be handed over to authorities in Kentucky for distribution.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-brothers-give-away-hand-sanitizer

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 02:12:46 am by EdinVA »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1897 on: March 17, 2020, 02:20:08 am »
Hand sanitizer:

1c Aloe Vera gel
2/3 c. isopropyl alchohol (shine/everclear/vodka works in a pinch)

Making sure the IPA is the 91% formula.  The 40% won't work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1898 on: March 17, 2020, 02:20:35 am »
I posted this back on the 14th:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,388835.msg2169051.html#msg2169051

Hoarding bros hoping to profiteer off coronavirus stuck with 17K bottles of hand sanitizer

NY Post by Dean Balsamini 3/14/2020

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/hoarding-bros-hoping-to-profiteer-off-coronavirus-stuck-with-17k-bottles-of-hand-sanitizer/

Brothers, can you spare a hand santizer?

Matt and Noah Colvin cooked up a get-rich scheme to glom all of the antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizers they could find after the first U.S. coronavirus was reported March 1 and make a killing on the re-sale, according to a New York Times interview.

The Colvins — piloting a silver SUV — snapped up all the sanitizers they could find across Tennessee and Kentucky. They thought they were on the road to Easy Street when the first 300 bottles of hand sanitizer they purchased sold out for between $8 and $70 a pop, which was “multiples higher than what he had bought them for,” the Times story said.

EBay is prohibiting any US sales of masks or sanitizer

The brothers cleaned out a Dollar Tree, a Walmart, Staples and Home Depot and bought thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” the Times reported.

More at link.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1899 on: March 17, 2020, 02:21:20 am »
Making sure the IPA is the 91% formula.  The 40% won't work.

RIGHT. Which is why hot likker works too.  :beer: