Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1075 on: March 10, 2020, 06:05:19 pm »
Does anyone here have any recollections or accounts of polio quarantines during the 40s or 50s?  During those epidemics, children were essentially quarantined in their own house or yard.  But this typically happened during summer months, so it was not an issue of closing schools.

Polio had a fatality rate of around 6% for reported cases, but with infants, it was unlikely that an infection would be recognized as polio.
Yep. I remember standing in the line to get the vaccine (I was just a kid, and it was a big thing).

I also went to school with a couple of guys who didn't get the vaccine in time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1076 on: March 10, 2020, 06:08:52 pm »
@Hoodat I'm glad I swiped your elephant GIF Avatar and posted it on my Bookface....

Had to take it down.  @Sighlass didn't like it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #1077 on: March 10, 2020, 06:12:06 pm »

What's up with that @Hoodat Arne said my Avatar freaked him out but it appears that problem resolved itself.   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1078 on: March 10, 2020, 06:16:06 pm »
20,000 influenza deaths in US in last 5 months.  Call out the National Guard!

https://www.ibtimes.com/coronavirus-vs-flu-20000-people-died-influenza-season-us-2936439
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1079 on: March 10, 2020, 06:16:47 pm »
Actually I don’t drink. I would rather have my calories in cookies. And donuts

Speaking of donuts, it's probably a good idea for @Cyber Liberty  to put a sneeze guard over the donuts in the Lounge.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1080 on: March 10, 2020, 06:16:53 pm »
Yep. I remember standing in the line to get the vaccine (I was just a kid, and it was a big thing).

I also went to school with a couple of guys who didn't get the vaccine in time.
Isn't that the shot with a dozen needles that left a hole in people's arm?
I heard that was intentional, so they could know who did and who did not get the shot.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #1081 on: March 10, 2020, 06:18:51 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1082 on: March 10, 2020, 06:19:56 pm »
Speaking of donuts, it's probably a good idea for @Cyber Liberty  to put a sneeze guard over the donuts in the Lounge.

It may not be good enough.  Restaurants are closing their salad bars with sneeze guards.  I will never cave to the mob and stop bringing coffee and donuts to the Lounge!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1083 on: March 10, 2020, 06:21:09 pm »
I heard that was intentional, so they could know who did and who did not get the shot.

I think that was TB.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #1084 on: March 10, 2020, 06:23:43 pm »

Cheaper than Toilet Paper

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1085 on: March 10, 2020, 06:26:49 pm »
Nope. The Polio vaccine we got was a sugar cube with red stuff in it.

The multi needle bit was an antigen test for TB, a reaction meant you had been exposed, whether the infection is active or latent.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1086 on: March 10, 2020, 06:27:28 pm »

In that spirit....

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1087 on: March 10, 2020, 06:28:46 pm »

I think that was the Small Pox vaccine.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1088 on: March 10, 2020, 06:29:23 pm »
Imagine all the millions of people who get severe annual Spring allergies?
These guys are going to get fired, arrested, and put in isolation.
Red eyes, runny nose, constant sneezing, coughing, A WITCH!!! BURN THEM!!

Reminds me of a tweet I read that conjured up the story line for a new Seinfeld episode if it aired today:

Jerry is annoyed at his girlfriend because she washes her hands only long enough to get through the Kit Kat bar song once.

George accuses a coworker with allergies on having corona cough.

Elaine can't break up with her boyfriend because he is in quarantine.

Kramer goes into business making hand sanitizer in his bathtub.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1089 on: March 10, 2020, 06:29:24 pm »

Maybe you're thinking of smallpox?

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1090 on: March 10, 2020, 06:34:10 pm »
Maybe you're thinking of smallpox?

Yep. That's the one. Both of my parents had that scar. It was like a pass card for certain places, especially the military.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1091 on: March 10, 2020, 06:36:43 pm »
In that spirit....

I wonder how hard it was to train the elephant to do that.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1092 on: March 10, 2020, 06:40:15 pm »
la #COVID19 es un arma biológica que accidentalmente "escapó" de un laboratorio militar en #Wuhan según este canal surcoreano, ArirangTV ..
Translated from Spanish by (google)

the #COVID19 it is a biological weapon that accidentally "escaped" from a military laboratory in #Wuhan according to this South Korean channel, ArirangTV ..

See video: 

https://twitter.com/ELZORROBOLIVAR/status/1236654989382234112

So, now, someone says this, whomever this ArirangVT is, South Korea but the video report is in English.

It still says, they need more proof.

Online corbe

« Reply #1093 on: March 10, 2020, 06:43:02 pm »
   Coming to a Toilet Paper Isle near you (Language Warning)

https://twitter.com/adellabeaini/status/1236090659922046976

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1094 on: March 10, 2020, 06:47:44 pm »
So, now, someone says this, whomever this ArirangVT is, South Korea but the video report is in English.

It still says, they need more proof.
It does make sense ina macabre hitleresque kind of way. China is one of the most over populated countries in the world.
If they wanted to reduce the overall population, who would they select? The old and the weak. Who does covid-19 affect?
The old and the weak.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1095 on: March 10, 2020, 06:49:42 pm »
Coming to a Toilet Paper Isle near you (Language Warning)

https://twitter.com/adellabeaini/status/1236090659922046976
Of course. At this point everyone knows that toilet paper prevents Coronavirus.
It's been proven. Even the CDC has said this.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1096 on: March 10, 2020, 06:54:35 pm »
Got an email from my allergy/asthma doctor's office today:

If you have an appointment but have or have had a fever, please call to reschedule or, if you are due an allergy shot, please postpone your shot. Due to the greater risk to our respiratory disease patients, we ask that patients are fever free for two weeks before entering our waiting rooms.

That seems a rather sensible precaution.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1097 on: March 10, 2020, 06:56:12 pm »
Got an email from my allergy/asthma doctor's office today:

That seems a rather sensible precaution.

Sensible and Common Sense in general seems to have left the scene in this country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1098 on: March 10, 2020, 07:04:22 pm »
I wonder how hard it was to train the elephant to do that.
What is the trampoline deck made out of? That's what I want to know.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1099 on: March 10, 2020, 07:11:06 pm »
What is the trampoline deck made out of? That's what I want to know.

Rearden Steel, obviously.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-