Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1050 on: March 10, 2020, 04:17:56 pm »
Extended Spring Break!

***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire :drunk: 999beer 0000dancing ***hair on fire ***hair on fire ***hair on fire

Exactly!

And in the meantime, not a teensy weensy bit of educating going on.   *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1051 on: March 10, 2020, 04:21:25 pm »
Exactly!

And in the meantime, not a teensy weensy bit of educating going on.   *****rollingeyes*****
Oh, there will be some getting an education, just no schooling.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1052 on: March 10, 2020, 04:30:32 pm »
Breaking- NY to deploy National Guard troops to New Rochelle, now the “most significant cluster in the country” Cuomo says, tri state COVID-19 cases surpass 185

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1053 on: March 10, 2020, 04:32:39 pm »
Oh, there will be some getting an education, just no schooling.

****drummer

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline thackney

« Reply #1054 on: March 10, 2020, 04:33:43 pm »
Breaking- NY to deploy National Guard troops to New Rochelle, now the “most significant cluster in the country” Cuomo says, tri state COVID-19 cases surpass 185

So it is Gov. Andrew Cuomo instead of President Trump declaring Marshall Law?  < /sarc>
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1055 on: March 10, 2020, 04:35:51 pm »
Latest stats from https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-us-state-by-state-breakdown

As of Tuesday morning, the novel coronavirus has infected at least 113,672 people across 103 countries, resulting in over 4,000 deaths. In the U.S., at least 36 states plus the District of Columbia have reported confirmed cases of COVID-19, tallying almost 650 illnesses and at least 26 deaths.

Another important statistic needed here is the age demographics of the 650 reported infected.  If people aged 40 and over make up a disproportionate number of reported cases, then the fatality rate is grossly exaggerated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1056 on: March 10, 2020, 04:38:29 pm »
****drummer

“We don’t need no education”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1057 on: March 10, 2020, 04:39:03 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237340894610759680

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Wow!
@foxandfriends  blew away the competition of Morning Joke (which did very poorly) on MSDNC (Another Comcast sleaze production), and
@CNN ’s New Day, in the Morning Television Ratings. A total blowout, but that’s what you get when you treat “Trump” fairly!
6:33 AM · Mar 10, 2020

Great information to know as US cases top 700. *cough* *cough*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1058 on: March 10, 2020, 04:39:12 pm »

Rob Petrie is saddened.... ****drummer
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1059 on: March 10, 2020, 04:44:00 pm »

My guess is it wasn't specifically a bio weapon. Just a lab experimenting with various viruses to see what happens when combined and to try different techniques at combining them. And it leaked out by accident.
This idea has been pushed for every epidemic since the 20th century. If true, then bioengineers must be the most careless, bumbling, incompetent people in the world.

Chikungunya
Cholera
Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever
Ebola virus disease
Hendra virus infection
Influenza (pandemic, seasonal, zoonotic)
Lassa fever
Marburg virus disease
Meningitis
MERS-CoV
Monkeypox
Nipah virus infection
Plague
Rift Valley fever
SARS
Smallpox
Tularaemia
Yellow fever
Zika virus disease

Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1060 on: March 10, 2020, 04:52:39 pm »
What do they expect the National Guard is going to do? Except to get more people infected?
This reminds me very much of all the talk about sending American troops to Africa to "fight Ebola". Really? Are people that stupid?
There is only one way an army can fight an epidemic. And that draconian plan is something America would never do.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1061 on: March 10, 2020, 05:14:12 pm »
What do they expect the National Guard is going to do? Except to get more people infected?
This reminds me very much of all the talk about sending American troops to Africa to "fight Ebola". Really? Are people that stupid?
There is only one way an army can fight an epidemic. And that draconian plan is something America would never do.

I just went half a mile to my local grocery store. I noticed I was out of milk when I wanted to make a cup of coffee for lunch. Lot of food on the shelf, lot of toilet paper, lots of cans. Then I got home and saw my state just had it’s first death. A 69 year old man.
The two school districts near me, the one I’m in and another close one, closed today for some type of heavy cleaning. Anyway, the people at the supermarket and the customers don’t seem worried but they are buying wine like it’s the end of the world. I guess, if it’s the end of the world you wanna feel fine,

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1062 on: March 10, 2020, 05:18:39 pm »
I just went half a mile to my local grocery store. I noticed I was out of milk when I wanted to make a cup of coffee for lunch. Lot of food on the shelf, lot of toilet paper, lots of cans. Then I got home and saw my state just had it’s first death. A 69 year old man.
The two school districts near me, the one I’m in and another close one, closed today for some type of heavy cleaning. Anyway, the people at the supermarket and the customers don’t seem worried but they are buying wine like it’s the end of the world. I guess, if it’s the end of the world you wanna feel fine,

Wine has a better shelf-life.  Well, the Red anyway....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1063 on: March 10, 2020, 05:20:00 pm »
Wine has a better shelf-life.  Well, the Red anyway....

Actually I don’t drink. I would rather have my calories in cookies. And donuts

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1064 on: March 10, 2020, 05:28:23 pm »
Just wanna say that the nearby branch of OSU where I taught before I retired has also closed.

Because of the nature of my music class, being cancelled through the end of March would destroy the class.  It could not be taught online.

They’re going to have to change the grading to pass/fail in classes like mine, because there will be no legitimate grading.

And all for what?? A crisis that hasn’t happened....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1065 on: March 10, 2020, 05:33:21 pm »

Don't forget ice cream.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1066 on: March 10, 2020, 05:35:54 pm »

It's all good, as long as we're partying to the sounds of R.E.M.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1067 on: March 10, 2020, 05:37:46 pm »
Don't forget ice cream.

@Hoodat I'm glad I swiped your elephant GIF Avatar and posted it on my Bookface....
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1068 on: March 10, 2020, 05:38:50 pm »
Imagine all the millions of people who get severe annual Spring allergies?
These guys are going to get fired, arrested, and put in isolation.
Red eyes, runny nose, constant sneezing, coughing, A WITCH!!! BURN THEM!!

Online corbe

« Reply #1069 on: March 10, 2020, 05:43:51 pm »
Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu ~ Johnny Rivers

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1070 on: March 10, 2020, 05:47:10 pm »
Does anyone here have any recollections or accounts of polio quarantines during the 40s or 50s?  During those epidemics, children were essentially quarantined in their own house or yard.  But this typically happened during summer months, so it was not an issue of closing schools.

Polio had a fatality rate of around 6% for reported cases, but with infants, it was unlikely that an infection would be recognized as polio.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1071 on: March 10, 2020, 05:48:27 pm »

Nice.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1072 on: March 10, 2020, 05:49:44 pm »
Does anyone here have any recollections or accounts of polio quarantines during the 40s or 50s?  During those epidemics, children were essentially quarantined in their own house or yard.  But this typically happened during summer months, so it was not an issue of closing schools.

Polio had a fatality rate of around 6% for reported cases, but with infants, it was unlikely that an infection would be recognized as polio.

Who Polio doesn't kill, it cripples.  My Maternal GF was an example.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1073 on: March 10, 2020, 05:50:36 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I cannot believe it took you over 1,000 posts to put that up... :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1074 on: March 10, 2020, 05:50:40 pm »

For a disease that kills <.2% of the population under 60? 

Since we've tended toward a rock and roll theme.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.