Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Offline DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #425 on: February 09, 2020, 11:07:38 pm »
The senior official at the first-mentioned funeral home said his staff of around 110 people has been stretched to the limit, working round the clock to transport bodies from hospitals and private homes and cremate them.

“We transport the bodies 24 hours a day,” he said. “Now every single male employee is involved [in this task]. As long as they can still move, they will work.”

The facility’s 11 furnaces are cremating bodies nonstop every day, he said.

The official said that at this rate, he would need 40 to 50 additional staff to keep up with the workload, adding that current staff have not taken a day off since Lunar New Year’s Eve on Jan. 25.

“I’m on the brink of collapse,” the official said.

A staff of 110 people working around the clock to cremate people...

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #426 on: February 09, 2020, 11:27:16 pm »
What I'm watching is those infected from other countries to see if it's possible to get a better estimate of the fatality rate.

What I'm really worried about is if/when this gets loose in Africa, South America, or any other place not as equipped to handle it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #427 on: February 09, 2020, 11:31:54 pm »
What I'm watching is those infected from other countries to see if it's possible to get a better estimate of the fatality rate.

This is what I've thought as well, the first coronavirus death outside of China was in the Philippines. So, they'd probably be a good barometer and they seem to have a fair number of Chinese there though, they did close their country to people from China. Some must already be there.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2020, 11:41:52 pm »
Both the CDC and the WHO are confirming and backing what China is saying.  That is perhaps the most troubling aspect of this. Why?  I am also reading that the U.S. shouldn't panic, but the Pentagon has set aside 5 military bunkers to isolate those coming from China -- they are bringing in 100's that may be infected. 

Remember the government on 9/12/01? "If you stop shopping the terrorists will have won".  The powers that be will do and say anything to keep the gravy train rolling.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:43:09 pm by skeeter »

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #429 on: February 09, 2020, 11:48:53 pm »

What I'm really worried about is if/when this gets loose in Africa, South America, or any other place not as equipped to handle it.

I"m sure some Eco-Terrorist would like to spread this disease.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline DB

« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2020, 11:51:01 pm »

Yep. There's been a fair number of people sick on Cruise ships too. The biggest single locations outside China I believe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/09/world/asia/japan-ship-coronavirus.html

No information on the outcomes of those infected.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:52:17 pm by DB »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #431 on: February 10, 2020, 12:14:20 am »
The senior official at the first-mentioned funeral home said his staff of around 110 people has been stretched to the limit, working round the clock to transport bodies from hospitals and private homes and cremate them.

“We transport the bodies 24 hours a day,” he said. “Now every single male employee is involved [in this task]. As long as they can still move, they will work.”

The facility’s 11 furnaces are cremating bodies nonstop every day, he said.

The official said that at this rate, he would need 40 to 50 additional staff to keep up with the workload, adding that current staff have not taken a day off since Lunar New Year’s Eve on Jan. 25.

“I’m on the brink of collapse,” the official said.

A staff of 110 people working around the clock to cremate people...

Link please?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #433 on: February 10, 2020, 12:32:02 am »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/exclusive-funeral-homes-in-coronavirus-ground-zero-cremating-dozens-of-bodies-a-day_3228938.html

Thanks. Just a thought.  Perhaps the Chinese gov't is reporting the deaths that they know of in the hospitals that are due to the coronavirus. They have some sort of record.  Those who are dying in their homes, possibly aren't being recorded - maybe they aren't taking the time or the resources to see whether or not they are dying from the coronavirus.

Perhaps they are cremating everyone, regardless of cause of death to be on the safe side.

I am not sticking up for the Chinese, and I do think that this is being under reported, but there could be some valid reason.

I tend to still think that this virus was bio engineered and either got out of control, or they have another reason to eliminate some of their population.  I am not sure if they had intent to create a world pandemic.  That remains to be seen.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #434 on: February 10, 2020, 12:53:43 am »
This is real interesting about bats and disease. Apparently, we desperately need bats, see story.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #435 on: February 10, 2020, 01:29:56 am »
Sotiri Dimpinoudis
@sotiridi
And it goes on and on... Here you see Chinese police forcing a young women and her family to be brought for forced quarantine somewhere of the 30 pop-up field hospitals "prisons" what they are walling it in #china, after all were diagnosed with the #Cononavirus.

Read more at:

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1226557922391601153

Poor lady, if they are fighting going into quarantine like this, one has to think the worse.

I've also seen the videos where they seal up buildings too.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #436 on: February 10, 2020, 01:52:25 am »
Poor lady, if they are fighting going into quarantine like this, one has to think the worse.

I've also seen the videos where they seal up buildings too.

@TomSea

But China is wonderful country cause they build s**t.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2020, 02:11:28 am »
Yet the western media repeats the lies as if it were the truth with virtually no skepticism. It is one thing when the Chinese lie to their own people. It is another when the west repeats those lies giving them credibility all the while defying basic logic or integrity.
They have been lying about domestic affairs so long that they wouldn't know lies from the truth if they tripped over it, no matter where it came from.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2020, 02:17:24 am »
They have been lying about domestic affairs so long that they wouldn't know lies from the truth if they tripped over it, no matter where it came from.

Which would explain why the citizens run like Hell when they see a government guy in a white van.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2020, 07:53:38 am »

@TomSea

But China is wonderful country cause they build s**t.

You're capable of a better response, Cowboy Up and get into the game more.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2020, 10:52:07 am »
Coronavirus infects 60 more passengers on Diamond Princess, bringing total to 130

Japan may test every person aboard the Diamond Princess for the coronavirus after it was determined Monday that there were 60 new cases on the quarantined ship docked off the coast of Yokohama.

The Japan Times, which first reported the increase, said the passengers will be able to disembark after test results become available. Princess Cruises did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News.

The passengers have been confined on the ship for six days with limited outdoor activities. The New York Times reported that the ship is "host to the highest concentration of the coronavirus cases outside China." The report said 2,600 passengers have been holed up in their cabins, and some have spoken about their anxiety.

"My whole thing is just to stay calm, because no matter what, I’m here. But every day it’s anxiety-provoking when we see the ambulances line up on the side of the ship," one passenger told the paper.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/coronavirus-infects-60-more-passengers-on-diamond-princess-bringing-total-to-130
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2020, 05:50:30 pm »
The Sun, England:

RAPID SPREAD UK coronavirus: GP surgery on lockdown as TWO medics test positive for bug and ‘super-spreader’ puts hundreds at risk
Breaking
Holly Christodoulou   10th February 2020,

TWO medics are among four people who were diagnosed with coronavirus today – as a GP surgery was placed in lockdown.

The County Oak Medical Centre in Brighton, East Sussex, was closed while staff in hazmat suits deep cleaned the surgery.

Four more people were confirmed as having the virus today – taking the total number of cases in the UK to eight.

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10903354/coronavirus-gp-practice-brighton/

The Sun Coronavirus Update blog

CHINESE PRESIDENT WEARS FACE MASK AND HAS TEMPERATURE CHECKED

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #442 on: February 10, 2020, 06:03:23 pm »
@TomSea From https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10903354/coronavirus-gp-practice-brighton/
"As the customer was not experiencing any symptoms, the risk to others on board the flight is very low.

IIRC, earlier accounts of the virus indicated one did not have to be symptomatic to pass it on. They may be understating the risk.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2020, 07:04:47 pm »
Coronavirus incubation period could be 24 days
https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2020/02/10/Coronavirus-incubation-period-could-be-24-days.html

They seem to be bumping up the possible incubation period.

@Smokin Joe

Offline DB

« Reply #444 on: February 10, 2020, 08:52:27 pm »
It seems that so far only ethnic Chinese people have died. And that the vast number of westerners that have contracted it have been "mild" cases, at least according to news accounts. Is this due to poor medical care in China, different immune system responses or environmental exposures?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #445 on: February 10, 2020, 09:23:27 pm »
It seems that so far only ethnic Chinese people have died. And that the vast number of westerners that have contracted it have been "mild" cases, at least according to news accounts. Is this due to poor medical care in China, different immune system responses or environmental exposures?

While it is sad that ethnic Chinese are dying, it is encouraging that westerners are not dying.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2020, 09:33:00 pm »
While it is sad that ethnic Chinese are dying, it is encouraging that westerners are not dying.

Leave it to the Chinese to develop a Biological Weapon of Mass Destruction that kills only Chinese people. :bolt:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #447 on: February 10, 2020, 10:25:35 pm »
Leave it to the Chinese to develop a Biological Weapon of Mass Destruction that kills only Chinese people. :bolt:

They may break Mao's record of 40 million.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #448 on: February 10, 2020, 11:15:04 pm »
I really feel sorry for those onboard a cruise ship.  Cruise ships are so germ infested anyhow; throw a virus in, in addition to all the bacteria that breeds aboard ship and you have a recipe for a major disaster onboard.

Coronavirus death toll tops 1,000 as more Americans diagnosed on quarantined ship

China confirmed a rise in the number of new coronavirus cases on Monday morning, quashing hopes after several days of declining infection rates that strict control measures could be paying off. By Monday evening, the death toll topped 1,000, more than were killed during the SARS virus outbreak in 2003.

The number of confirmed infections in mainland China rose 15% Sunday to at least 40,171. More than 300 cases have been confirmed outside China, including 12 in the U.S., and global health officials have warned that could be just "the tip of the iceberg" as they learn more about how easily the disease spreads.

Dozens of new cases were confirmed Monday on a quarantined cruise ship in Yokohama, Japan, meanwhile, including more Americans. The number of passengers already removed or soon to be removed from the Diamond Princess for treatment in Japanese hospitals stood at 135 Monday. That includes at least 23 American passengers, 11 of whom were among the 65 new cases confirmed Monday. Most of the 3,711 passengers and crew remained under isolation orders on the ship.......

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/coronavirus-death-toll-infections-outbreak-evacuations-quarantine-latest-updates-2020-02-10/

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #449 on: February 10, 2020, 11:54:03 pm »
I really feel sorry for those onboard a cruise ship.  Cruise ships are so germ infested anyhow; throw a virus in, in addition to all the bacteria that breeds aboard ship and you have a recipe for a major disaster onboard.

Coronavirus death toll tops 1,000 as more Americans diagnosed on quarantined ship

China confirmed a rise in the number of new coronavirus cases on Monday morning, quashing hopes after several days of declining infection rates that strict control measures could be paying off. By Monday evening, the death toll topped 1,000, more than were killed during the SARS virus outbreak in 2003.

The number of confirmed infections in mainland China rose 15% Sunday to at least 40,171. More than 300 cases have been confirmed outside China, including 12 in the U.S., and global health officials have warned that could be just "the tip of the iceberg" as they learn more about how easily the disease spreads.

Dozens of new cases were confirmed Monday on a quarantined cruise ship in Yokohama, Japan, meanwhile, including more Americans. The number of passengers already removed or soon to be removed from the Diamond Princess for treatment in Japanese hospitals stood at 135 Monday. That includes at least 23 American passengers, 11 of whom were among the 65 new cases confirmed Monday. Most of the 3,711 passengers and crew remained under isolation orders on the ship.......

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/coronavirus-death-toll-infections-outbreak-evacuations-quarantine-latest-updates-2020-02-10/
Likely the quarantined ship may provide a small sample spectrum of susceptibility to the virus. There are those who seem to think westerners are less likely to die from the infection, but I think that may well be wishful thinking brought on by small samples.

Prayers up for the people on the plague ship. I hope none jump ship and start a new outbreak on shore.

C S Lewis