Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 78990 times)

Online kevindavis007

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2020, 01:38:06 am »

EXPERT: Coronavirus Outbreak “Just Beginning”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdPVJJbnL8E
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2020, 02:30:31 pm »
US to evacuate Americans from cruise ship in Japan

The U.S. will send a chartered flight to Japan this weekend to evacuate Americans quarantined on a cruise ship due to coronavirus cases on board, the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo announced Saturday.

More than 400 U.S. citizens have been among those quarantined on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan since Feb. 5. The ship, which has more than 3,000 passengers, had the densest concentration of confirmed coronavirus cases outside of China at 218.

Though the ship was in quarantine for nearly two weeks to prevent the spread of the disease to mainland Japan, passengers on board feared it could put more of them at risk.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/asia-pacific/483223-us-to-evacuate-some-americans-from-cruise-ship-in-japan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2020, 02:55:16 pm »
Cats are wearing coronavirus masks in China

As the deadly coronavirus outbreak continues to ravage the country, pet owners in China are putting on makeshift masks on their furry friends.

Photos on the Chinese social media app Weibo show pets – namely cats – wearing the makeshift masks, many of them made from traditional surgical masks. Owners are cutting holes in the material to accommodate the animal’s eyes while the rest of their face remains covered.

The photos of the new trend surfaced after China's National Health Commission said the coronavirus could affect cats and dogs, The Sun reported. But is it true pets can catch the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19?

It’s not likely — according to the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cats-wearing-coronavirus-masks-china
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2020, 02:56:41 pm »
Cats are wearing coronavirus masks in China

As the deadly coronavirus outbreak continues to ravage the country, pet owners in China are putting on makeshift masks on their furry friends.

Photos on the Chinese social media app Weibo show pets – namely cats – wearing the makeshift masks, many of them made from traditional surgical masks. Owners are cutting holes in the material to accommodate the animal’s eyes while the rest of their face remains covered.

The photos of the new trend surfaced after China's National Health Commission said the coronavirus could affect cats and dogs, The Sun reported. But is it true pets can catch the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19?

It’s not likely — according to the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cats-wearing-coronavirus-masks-china

Photos in article of cats wearing masks.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2020, 03:16:20 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2020, 03:21:57 pm »
State Department will evacuate Americans from cruise ship, first death confirmed in Europe

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/15/coronavirus-live-updates-china-reports-143-more-deaths-2641-new-cases.html

CNBC 2/14/2020

•   China’s National Health Commission reported an additional 143 deaths nationwide, as well as 2,641 new confirmed cases as of Feb. 14. That brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 66,492, and number of total deaths at 1,523, the authority said.
•   A Chinese tourist has died of the virus in France, confirming the first coronavirus fatality in Europe.
•   The U.S. State Department will evacuate its citizens and their families who are onboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship off Japan that has been quarantined for almost two weeks.
•   White House trade advisor Peter Navarro told Fox Business Network on Friday night Eastern time that testing and production of a coronavirus drug could start as soon as late February.

More at link,

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2020, 04:06:22 pm »
'This is the virus I fear the most': British scientist leading coronavirus fight says it's 'not absurd' to forecast 400,000 UK fatalities as world-wide death toll surges past 1,500

Daily Mail by  Danyal Hussain and Ryan Fahey 2/14/2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8005931/British-scientist-leading-coronavirus-fight-says-forecasts-400-000-UK-deaths.html
•   Scientist Professor Neil Ferguson is leading the fight against the virus in the UK
•   Ferguson said it was unhelpful to throw numbers around but 400k isn't 'absurd' 
•   He also added that he would rather overreact than be accused of under reacting
•   The global death toll from the virus has now passed 1,500, with 66,000 infected

The British scientist leading the fight against coronavirus admitted last night that predictions of 400,000 UK deaths are 'not absurd'. 

Professor Neil Ferguson, of the School of Public Health at Imperial College London, revealed that 'this is the one I'm scared of' when asked about the killer coronavirus, which is causing increasing alarm all over the country.

However, he insisted he was not predicting 400,000 deaths, but was warning that the figure 'is possible'. He said he would rather and adding that he'd 'prefer to be accused of overreacting than under reacting'.

Research indicates that 60 per cent of Britons could be affected by the virus, formally known as COVID-19.

Professor Ferguson added: 'Our best estimates at the moment is that maybe one per cent of people who get infected might die.'

It comes as it was revealed that the government is working on the assumption that half of the population will be infected with the virus, which could reach every part of Britain within months.

More at link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2020, 04:09:19 pm »
Coronavirus expert says he knows when the virus 'will burn itself out,' according to leaked analysis

By Mark Puleo, AccuWeather 2/12/2020

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

With the overall death toll climbing each day, but the daily death toll showing signs of subsiding, fear and uncertainty have spread farther and farther around the globe as the novel coronavirus continues to captivate the world’s attention. However, John Nicholls, a pathology professor at the University of Hong Kong, says he knows when the virus will become inactive.

"Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity," Nicholls said in response to a question about when he thinks confirmed cases will peak.

"Sunlight will cut the virus' ability to grow in half so the half-life will be 2.5 minutes and in the dark it's about 13 to 20 [minutes]," Nicholls said. "Sunlight is really good at killing viruses."

"The virus can remain intact at 4 degrees (39 degrees Fahrenheit) or 10 degrees (50 F) for a longer period of time," Nicholls said, referring to Celsius measurements, according to the transcript. "But at 30 degrees (86 degrees F) then you get inactivation. And high humidity -- the virus doesn't like it either," he added, the transcript of the call showed.

More at link.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2020, 08:41:53 pm »
Coronavirus expert says he knows when the virus 'will burn itself out,' according to leaked analysis

By Mark Puleo, AccuWeather 2/12/2020

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

So global warming is a good thing...who knew?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #484 on: February 15, 2020, 09:05:14 pm »
So global warming is a good thing...who knew?

It has to happen first.

There was an article posted early around here that the Chinese initially reported the mortality rate at 17%. They quickly walked that back to around the world average. For the average flu season. Around 2%.

I have the feeling it is more than 2%.

Climate forecast around here is for a cold spring.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #485 on: February 15, 2020, 09:25:01 pm »
Egypt announces first Coronavirus infection

CAIRO – 14 February 2020: Egypt’s Health Ministry announced, Friday first Coronavirus infection for a ‘Chinese’ national in Egypt.

Spokesperson for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said that the laboratory tests which were conducted for the suspected case at Cairo International Airport, resulted in a positive virus, however no symptoms appears on the infected person.

Cairo

Draconian measures. This could be an interesting test to see how well this can be contained in a city outside of China that is densely populated and filthy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2020, 10:27:26 pm »
The CDC has nearly 400 people in 37 states “under investigation” for having the virus, which can cause severe acute respiratory illness, septic shock and multi-organ failure.

Confirmed cases of the coronavirus have been found in Arizona, California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Washington and Wisconsin, according to the agency.

Supposedly reports are that the coronavirus doesn't survive well in the heat and humidity?  Arizona isn't exactly a cold climate -- dry, yes, cold, no.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2020, 10:45:23 pm »
It's not quite the summer yet. Or even spring.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #488 on: February 15, 2020, 11:45:35 pm »
Exclusive: Chinese doctors say Wuhan coronavirus reinfection even deadlier
Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack
By Jules Quartly, Taiwan News, Contributing Writer
2020/02/14 15:02
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — It’s possible to get infected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a second time, according to doctors on the frontline in China’s city of Wuhan, leading to death from heart failure in some cases.

The claim is made by doctors working in the Hubei Province capital that is at the center of the epidemic, which has to date infected 64,201 people and killed 1,487. One of the doctors reached out to a relative living in the United Kingdom, who then informed Taiwan News.

Both the relative and doctors asked to remain anonymous, out of consideration they might face retribution from the Chinese authorities. ...
More at Taiwan News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #489 on: February 16, 2020, 01:08:04 am »
 @mountaineer

Yay! The gift that keeps on giving.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #490 on: February 16, 2020, 12:13:17 pm »
Is anyone else scared poopless over this thing?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #491 on: February 16, 2020, 12:24:57 pm »
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
Hubei province announcement:
- Residential communities on lockdown
- Residents should not go out unless it's necessary
- Use of private vehicles is banned
- Non-essential public places closed
- Mass gatherings banned
- Supermarkets, pharmacies and other essential places are open

Quote Tweet
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
 Â· 33m
BREAKING: Hubei province, epicenter of coronavirus outbreak, puts residential communities across the region on lockdown

So, what else would one expect.

2%, let's even say 4%, would demonstrate overwhelming survival over the illness.

Hysteria? Yes, there always is with these things, containment is important.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #492 on: February 16, 2020, 12:27:40 pm »

Hundreds of millions of Chinese.

Hope that helps.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #493 on: February 16, 2020, 01:09:10 pm »
I wouldn't say "scared poopless", but I am watching what develops.
I am concerned. I have close relatives far away from where I live, in more populous areas whose risk of exposure is significantly greater than mine might be, but at the same time, I work in an industry which has people rotate in and out, who often come from far away to work here. SO that lack of large numbers of people here is only one vector removed from not existing.

While I am reasonably sure that the numbers coming out of China do not reflect the severity of the outbreak, the question is one of how great is that disparity. Estimates range from simple under counting for clinical reasons to the more apocalyptic scenarios, but the bottom line is that the casualty figures we see are the minimum, and likely not accurate.
From other nations where confirmed cases have been noted, we have yet to have a statistically significant sample to estimate the impact. Public Health agencies worldwide are working to contain the virus, and that at least means that the threat (such as it is) is recognized, that active measures are being taken to limit its spread, that people are hunting for some sort of countermeasures beyond quarantine and care. That quarantines exist at least indicates this disease is being taken seriously at the levels of government where something might be able to be done about it. 

Personally, I'd much rather find that extreme measures were taken to contain a virus that was no more deadly than, say, the seasonal influenza, than have something much more deadly that wasn't recognized as a threat.

For now, we wait, follow good hygiene (washing hands frequently, especially before eating, and which remains a good first line of defense against infection from virii left on surfaces which may still be viable.) If you can pull it off, wear gloves (It's winter) when you are out, that might help, too.
We live in a day and age when much business and a lot of human interactions are not conducted face to face, but electronically, and that may well help retard the spread of disease..
Above all, I trust in Our Creator to keep us safe, that all these lights from afar that appear on my screen daily stay lit, and that the people behind them stay healthy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #494 on: February 16, 2020, 01:23:07 pm »
@Gefn  @Smokin Joe

The report above of the risk of reinfection raises my concern level.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #495 on: February 16, 2020, 01:40:54 pm »
@Gefn  @Smokin Joe

The report above of the risk of reinfection raises my concern level.
Yes. Usually we develop antibodies and some resistance. If that isn't happening, it may indicate the virus is mutating and the new form is what 'reinfects' patients. As I recall, the Spanish Flu (1918) had three separate waves over a year, and each was a little different. This may be similar.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #496 on: February 16, 2020, 02:12:41 pm »
Yes. Usually we develop antibodies and some resistance. If that isn't happening, it may indicate the virus is mutating and the new form is what 'reinfects' patients. As I recall, the Spanish Flu (1918) had three separate waves over a year, and each was a little different. This may be similar.

Reposting this link from page 8. From John Hopkins

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

If you do the math on the reported death toll compared to the reported cases recovered mortality is running at (16.93)  17%.

Which is what was reported here (posted by @rangerrebew):

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,391093.0.html

Online libertybele

« Reply #497 on: February 16, 2020, 02:13:31 pm »
The reports that this virus was bio engineered I believe and raises my concerns.  Only those that engineered this virus knows its potential along with some in the Chinese government.  They aren't going to reveal that information, nor are they going to report the true numbers.

Not trying to make a conspiracy theory here but this virus is taking its toll right around the roll out of the tariffs that have been imposed on them.  Coincidental, but does raise some suspicion.

What is also concerning is, in spite of all the precautions taken, the number of healthcare workers who have contracted the virus. In pictures it appears that they are wearing hazmat suits...yet the virus still is reaching them.

Over 1,700 frontline medics infected with coronavirus in China, presenting new crisis for the government

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/asia/coronavirus-health-care-workers-infected-intl-hnk/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #498 on: February 16, 2020, 02:26:28 pm »
The reports that this virus was bio engineered I believe and raises my concerns.  Only those that engineered this virus knows its potential along with some in the Chinese government.  They aren't going to reveal that information, nor are they going to report the true numbers.

Not trying to make a conspiracy theory here but this virus is taking its toll right around the roll out of the tariffs that have been imposed on them.  Coincidental, but does raise some suspicion.

What is also concerning is, in spite of all the precautions taken, the number of healthcare workers who have contracted the virus. In pictures it appears that they are wearing hazmat suits...yet the virus still is reaching them.

Over 1,700 frontline medics infected with coronavirus in China, presenting new crisis for the government

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/asia/coronavirus-health-care-workers-infected-intl-hnk/index.html

It is far, FAR easier for me to believe that this is a "bioweapon" designed, by the Chinese,  to target Asians (Chinese) and that it was intentionally leaked by a disgruntled worker before they had a vaccine than anything coming through the CCP's lying teeth.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #499 on: February 16, 2020, 02:52:17 pm »
10 gross habits people have that make it more likely a virus will spread
As the Wuhan coronavirus spreads far beyond China's borders to countries around the world, here are common tendencies to avoid
Susan Ramsay
Published: 8:00pm, 28 Jan, 2020

1. Not washing your hands. Scientists will tell you this is the easiest thing people can do to stop the spread of disease.

2. Not covering your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze – or covering and then not washing your hands.

grossgross
gross

There is no cure for the new coronavirus which originated in Wuhan, China - but the same is true of the common cold. However, there are definitely things that lots of people do which make it more likely you'll pick up similar diseases. Stop these bad habits, and know that you’re doing your part to stop spreading infections.

1. Not washing your hands. Scientists will tell you this is the easiest thing people can do to stop the spread of disease.

2. Not covering your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze – or covering and then not washing your hands.

3. Picking your nose or popping pimples in public. An awful amount of germs live in and on human bodies, and are easily spread. Touching bodily secretions and then dabbing fingers over common surfaces helps germs to spread.

Read more at: https://www.scmp.com/better-life/well-being/article/3047540/10-gross-habits-make-it-more-likely-youll-spread-virus