Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79591 times)

Offline DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2020, 08:53:03 pm »
On January 20, there were 291 cases of this virus in China.  As of today there are 5,970 cases in China.

My question; how do they determine the coronavirus from the flu virus?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

Apparently a lab test. A lab test that is in very short supply. So there can't be more official cases than there are lab tests to confirm the virus. In other words, it is seriously under reported because a great number of people are unable to get a lab test to make it "official" and are seriously ill while not being counted.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2020, 09:00:31 pm »
Apparently a lab test. A lab test that is in very short supply. So there can't be more official cases than there are lab tests to confirm the virus. In other words, it is seriously under reported because a great number of people are unable to get a lab test to make it "official" and are seriously ill while not being counted.

I'm wondering how sensitive that test is as a person can have the virus without symptoms -- so how would they even know to test until after symptoms have appeared.  Considering that 100's of Americans for that area of China have just been flown into CA -- I'm hoping that they will be quarantined for a period of time?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2020, 09:08:34 pm »
I'm wondering how sensitive that test is as a person can have the virus without symptoms -- so how would they even know to test until after symptoms have appeared.  Considering that 100's of Americans for that area of China have just been flown into CA -- I'm hoping that they will be quarantined for a period of time?

Yes, they are being kept at an Air Force Reserve facility.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2020, 09:16:20 pm »
My question; how do they determine the coronavirus from the flu virus?

Diagnosis
Your healthcare provider may order laboratory tests on respiratory specimens and serum (part of your blood) to detect human coronaviruses. Laboratory testing is more likely to be used if you have severe disease or are suspected of having MERS.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/about/symptoms.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2020, 11:26:10 pm »
Things are starting to get serious --

WHO to reconsider declaring global emergency as China virus evacuations begin

BEIJING/GENEVA (Reuters) - Foreign governments flew their citizens out of the epicentre of China's coronavirus outbreak on Wednesday, as the number of deaths jumped to 133 and the World Health Organization voiced "grave concern" about person-to-person spread in three other countries.

The WHO said its Emergency Committee would reconvene behind closed doors on Thursday to decide whether the rapid spread of the new virus from China now constitutes a global emergency.

"In the last few days the progress of the virus especially in some countries, especially human-to-human transmission, worries us," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news conference in Geneva, naming Germany, Vietnam and Japan.

"Although the numbers outside China are still relatively small, they hold the potential for a much larger outbreak."

There have been 6,065 cases of the flu-like virus in 15 countries worldwide - all but around 70 in China - according to the latest WHO figures. All the deaths so far have been in China, where the National Health Commission said there had been 132 fatalities as of end-Tuesday. Another death was reported in Sichuan province on Wednesday.........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-hubei-province-center-virus-224943565.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2020, 12:02:15 am »
Coronavirus threatens to fuel ‘perfect storm of discontent’ in Hong Kong

American Military News by David Pierson  January 29, 2020

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/coronavirus-threatens-to-fuel-perfect-storm-of-discontent-in-hong-kong/

Hong Kong’s economy, limping from the protests and U.S.-China trade war, now faces the specter of an even greater decline in tourism and retail sales.

The Hong Kong government, battered by public opinion over its handling of the protests, is receiving widespread criticism for responding too slowly to the disease and deflecting pressure to fully close its border with China.

At a time when millions of Hong Kongers are resisting the mainland, the coronavirus and China’s response to it is providing one more reason to demand greater autonomy from Beijing.

“The coronavirus epidemic sits in the very center of the vortex of anger at an incompetent Hong Kong government, distrust of Beijing, and anti-mainlander xenophobia — all issues that have driven the past seven months of protests in Hong Kong — and, as such, risks becoming a ‘perfect storm’ of discontent,” said Antony Dapiran, a Hong Kong-based lawyer and author of “City of Protest: A Recent History of Dissent in Hong Kong.”

Hong Kong has eight confirmed cases of the virus, which originated from Wuhan, a Chinese city of 11 million in the central province of Hubei, and has spread to 13 countries beyond China.

More at link.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2020, 01:28:58 am »
On one chart of China, the numbers are jumping by about 90% every two days.  I trust the Chinese as far as I can pick the nation up and throw them.  Whatever they are reporting you can bet the numbers are many times greater than reported.

Israel reported the only bio lab at present in China is in Wusan, and 2 + 2 = massive mistake or sabotage/or who knows what?  I heard somewhere that internal Internet chatter in China is implying the USA unleashed a bio weapon on China.  Uggh!  I think the time has come to begin reversing what Nixon started.  The USA has paid handsomely for China's rise, and why continue with the stupidity?  Trump has it right, choke down on China.

Until they adhere to intellectual property rights, frankly, I think we should have a five year plan to end trade as we know it with China.

Back to the virus, it is here, and I see it being hard to contain with the unlimited travel into the USA.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2020, 02:13:32 am »
Coronavirus threatens to fuel ‘perfect storm of discontent’ in Hong Kong

American Military News by David Pierson  January 29, 2020

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/coronavirus-threatens-to-fuel-perfect-storm-of-discontent-in-hong-kong/

I am not finding a report in English, there was a report that Taiwanese were having trouble leaving China.

I'm surprised they would even be there.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2020, 02:16:23 am »
Love it, the dog chewed up the owner's passport.

Dog 'blocked' owner from traveling to Wuhan during early days of coronavirus outbreak
Katie Mather
Yahoo NowJanuary 29, 2020, 9:14 PM UTC
A woman from Taiwan managed to avoid a planned trip to Wuhan, China — the source of the current coronavirus outbreak — thanks to her Golden Retriever, Kimi.

The virus was first reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) on Dec. 31, 2019, and was being monitored throughout early January, but no alarms had been raised before Kimi's owner went to book flights on Jan. 13 to visit Wuhan.

When Kimi's owner came home, she saw that Kimi had chewed and destroyed her passport, and was furious. She posted the photos to her Facebook, showing how not a single page in the passport remained intact.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/now/dog-blocked-owner-from-traveling-to-wuhan-during-early-days-of-coronavirus-outbreak-211414899.html

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2020, 11:33:43 am »
A very good doggy indeed. :chien:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2020, 11:44:37 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2020, 11:54:56 am »
The number of novel coronavirus cases is changing quickly. A real-time tracking map shows us just how quickly.

The map from Johns Hopkins University's Center for Systems Science and Engineering follows coronavirus cases across the world.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2020, 01:38:33 pm »
6,000 passengers held on cruise ship in Italy as Wuhan coronavirus fears spread

Hong Kong (CNN)Six thousand people are being kept on a cruise ship in Italy as one passenger shows symptoms of the Wuhan coronavirus, while Russia is shutting its border with China to stem the spread of the outbreak.

The number of cases of the virus that originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan has shot up by 30% in just a day to more than 7,700 on the country's mainland. Elsewhere, more than 100 people have been infected in 20 countries or territories across North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

Most concerning, instances of human-to-human transmission have been reported overseas, including in Germany, the first such case in Europe.

A spokesperson for Costa Cruises told CNN that a 54-year-old woman was showing symptoms of the virus, namely a fever.

"All the other passengers are, at the moment remaining on board," the spokesperson said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/asia/wuhan-coronavirus-update-china-spread-intl-hnk/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2020, 02:41:28 pm »
Sounds like World War Z is starting....

/sarc

Offline TomSea

« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2020, 03:51:49 pm »
The 3 countries that closed Chinese coming in from the other day were Mongolia, North Korea and I think the Philippines but it appears, Russia now is officially joining the mix:
BNO News
@BNONews
BREAKING: Russia closes border with China to prevent outbreak of coronavirus - TASS
3:43 AM · Jan 30, 2020·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1222817609323896833

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
Russia has closed its ENTIRE 2,600-mile border with China. Time to shut down travel between China and US.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1222876779158917121
Russia closes border with China as coronavirus spreads: reports
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-signs-order-close-border-china

I heard Russia had plans to close a railway on January 31st, that came out yesterday but even waiting 2 days to me, sounds too long.

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
13h
"A tour-bus driver in Japan" got coronavirus after driving tourists from Wuhan.

Do you think those tourists kissed the bus driver as they disembarked? Me neither.

Coronavirus may be aerosolized.

Time to halt commercial flights from China to US.
https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton

Looks like he got the article from nature.com
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:02:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2020, 04:36:54 pm »
China coronavirus: Hong Kong nurses call in sick in protest at government refusal to close borders

Some 90 nurses take day off in protest at administration’s response to deadly outbreak

3,000 medical staff sign petition backing strike action next week

At least 90 nurses took sick leave on Wednesday at three Hong Kong hospitals, ahead of a potential strike planned by a health care workers’ union in protest at the government’s response to the coronavirus.

The Hospital Authority confirmed the action, with many of the nurses upset at the refusal to close all border crossings as suggested by lawmakers and workers’ unions to guard against the spread of the deadly new virus, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Of those that called in sick, 26 work at Pok Oi Hospital in Yuen Long, while 41 were based at the intensive care unit or operation theatres at the Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital in Chai Wan. Another 23 took sick leave at Princess Margaret Hospital in Kwai Chung.

Read more at: https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3048135/china-coronavirus-hong-kong-nurses-call-sick

Amen, close the stinking borders, the Nurses surely are at more risk but the risk goes for everyone. What if someone crossed the border with this? USA has already suffered from strains of virus coming in from elsewhere, Central America I'm thinking, in the past.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2020, 04:45:57 pm »
Listened to Glenn Beck just a few minutes ago. Had Senator Cotton -- Trump and Cotton went to restrict and shut down travel from China -- DEMS are accusing them of being against the Chinese people!

They are estimating that this could wipe out 10% of China's population.  That is huge.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2020, 04:53:59 pm »
6,000 passengers held on cruise ship in Italy as Wuhan coronavirus fears spread

Hong Kong (CNN)Six thousand people are being kept on a cruise ship in Italy as one passenger shows symptoms of the Wuhan coronavirus, while Russia is shutting its border with China to stem the spread of the outbreak.

The number of cases of the virus that originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan has shot up by 30% in just a day to more than 7,700 on the country's mainland. Elsewhere, more than 100 people have been infected in 20 countries or territories across North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

Most concerning, instances of human-to-human transmission have been reported overseas, including in Germany, the first such case in Europe.

A spokesperson for Costa Cruises told CNN that a 54-year-old woman was showing symptoms of the virus, namely a fever.

"All the other passengers are, at the moment remaining on board," the spokesperson said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/asia/wuhan-coronavirus-update-china-spread-intl-hnk/index.html

This is exactly why we've only taken one cruise. My husband became very sick on board and they were going to air ambulance him to the nearest hospital if he didn't improve -- cruise line blamed it on something he picked up off ship - I think it was something he picked up on ship. 

What part of being in closed quarters with several thousand people don't people get?  These cruise ships are nothing but a germ and virus carrier and this is now a nightmare waiting to happen.

The coronavirus is now spread via human to human contact.  Is that touching something that they've touched or is this virus airborne?

Offline thackney

« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2020, 04:56:13 pm »
They are estimating that this could wipe out 10% of China's population.  That is huge.

Where have you seen the mortality rate reported that high?  1~2% is all I have found.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2020, 05:09:48 pm »
Where have you seen the mortality rate reported that high?  1~2% is all I have found.

Sorry - left out a bit of information.  They were comparing this to SARS which killed 10% of the people infected --   some are saying this isn't as bad as SARS but keep in mind that many more people have been infected.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-we-know-about-the-wuhan-virus-11579716128

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/has-anything-changed-since-the-2003-sars-outbreak#Information-sharing-and-action

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2020, 05:10:39 pm »

I commented to the same effect on another thread.  I think the big question is the degree of how rapid and severe the rate of mutation of the virus.  One of my first jobs out of college long  long ago had epidemiological  responsiblites in data collection and reporting to CDC. 

One of the things they will be watching very carefully is the incident death rate among non-suscpecible demographics (very young, elderly and comprimised immune systems). 

So far, I don't think we have enough informatiion to determine whether we have at one side, an overhyped non-event like the '70's Swine flu.  Or the other like a 1918 Spanish Flu outbreak.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2020, 05:16:03 pm »
I commented to the same effect on another thread.  I think the big question is the degree of how rapid and severe the rate of mutation of the virus.  One of my first jobs out of college long  long ago had epidemiological  responsiblites in data collection and reporting to CDC. 

One of the things they will be watching very carefully is the incident death rate among non-suscpecible demographics (very young, elderly and comprimised immune systems). 

So far, I don't think we have enough informatiion to determine whether we have at one side, an overhyped non-event like the '70's Swine flu.  Or the other like a 1918 Spanish Flu outbreak.

As I stated in the above post -- they are comparing this to SARS which killed 10% of those infected. The number that the coronarvirus has infected already far exceeds SARS.

Beck's radio commentary (link below) -- I trust him more than any other radio personality as he tends to do the research to back up what he says.

https://www.glennbeck.com/radio/wuhan-coronavirus-spreading-is-china-telling-the-truth-on-death-toll-infected-numbers

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2020, 05:20:49 pm »
As I stated in the above post -- they are comparing this to SARS which killed 10% of those infected. The number that the coronarvirus has infected already far exceeds SARS.

Beck's radio commentary (link below) -- I trust him more than any other radio personality as he tends to do the research to back up what he says.

https://www.glennbeck.com/radio/wuhan-coronavirus-spreading-is-china-telling-the-truth-on-death-toll-infected-numbers

Interesting.  Where are you seeing or finding this 10% Mortality Rate?  WHO or CDC? Someone else?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2020, 05:41:28 pm »
BREAKING: US President, now believed to be involved in the deadly virus, since he wanted to silence and divert media.

ORANGE MAN VERY VERY BAD.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2020, 05:47:59 pm »
BREAKING: US President, now believed to be involved in the deadly virus, since he wanted to silence and divert media.

ORANGE MAN VERY VERY BAD.

Huh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: