Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79579 times)

Offline DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2020, 07:13:14 pm »
These are sad, I saw one video clip where the guy fell over while standing. In some of these cases, the person may still be alive and EMS tries to get to them. I'm saying that as a note of optimism. I don't know if we can be sure they are dead though it's terrible.

And most of these dead aren't counted in the statistics because they were never tested for the virus. China is lying through its teeth on this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2020, 07:29:55 pm »
And most of these dead aren't counted in the statistics because they were never tested for the virus. China is lying through its teeth on this.

China is our most formidable challenge, it's ironic that what appears to be a big setback for China is this sickness.

I heard it opined this morning that the reason the WHO did not declare an emergency earlier was because of pressure from China. Sounds plausible.

Online libertybele

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2020, 08:45:59 pm »
Very glad to see this.  Better to be safe than sorry.  I'm hoping that Trump declares no travel from China into the U.S.

Coronavirus: CDC Puts Americans Who Left Wuhan Into 'Unprecedented' 14-Day Quarantine

The U.S. is placing 195 Americans who were evacuated from Wuhan, China, under a mandatory 14-day quarantine in an effort to limit the spread of a deadly new coronavirus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Friday. The evacuees are currently being housed at March Air Reserve Base in California – and the quarantine order comes after one of them tried to leave the base.

"The HHS secretary has issued federal quarantine orders for all 195 passengers," said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases at the CDC. She added that the quarantine's 14-day period began with their removal from Wuhan earlier this week.

The quarantine was announced one day after the World Health Organization declared the Wuhan coronavirus to be a global health emergency. Earlier, the State Department warned Americans not to travel to China, issuing its highest-level safety advisory due to concerns about the deadly respiratory virus.

"While we recognize this is an unprecedented action, we are facing an unprecedented public health threat," Messonnier said. "And this is one of the tools in our toolbox to mitigate the potential impact of this novel virus on the United States.".............

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/01/31/801623033/coronavirus-cdc-puts-americans-who-left-wuhan-into-unprecedented-14-day-quaranti
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2020, 09:34:50 pm »
Definitely a good move!

US declares public health emergency over coronavirus

The United States has declared a public health emergency because of the coronavirus which has hit China and has spread to other nations.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar also announced that President Donald Trump will temporarily bar entry to the US of foreign nationals believed to be a risk of transmitting the virus. The new restrictions will begin on Sunday afternoon.

“The risk of infection for Americans remains low and with these and our previous actions we are working to keep the risk low,” Mr Azar said........

..........The US will also begin funnelling all flights from China to seven major airports where passengers can be screened for illness.

The virus has infected almost 10,000 people globally in just two months, a troublesome sign that prompted the World Health Organisation to declare the outbreak a global emergency.

The death toll stood at 213, including 43 new fatalities, all in China.

The announcement came hours after the State Department issued a level 4 “Do Not Travel” advisory, the highest grade of warning, and told Americans in China to consider departing using commercial means....................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-declares-public-health-emergency-212624294.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2020, 09:53:56 pm »
So let me guess... A "few hundred" will officially die of this while tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands will quietly die of "unknown" causes.

Some 200 deaths over several weeks in a city of 15 million doesn't leave dead or dying people in the streets. When will their lying be exposed???

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2020, 10:26:47 pm »
US stock market dropped big time. Supposedly on this virus news.

I'm trusting the US government, less and less.

The solution is for China to implement.

Hopefully they will.

Scot Adams talks about "decoupling, from China."
hey steal Intellectual property.

They do not honor promises.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2020, 10:41:27 pm »
US stock market dropped big time. Supposedly on this virus news.

I'm trusting the US government, less and less.

The solution is for China to implement.

Hopefully they will.

Scot Adams talks about "decoupling, from China."
hey steal Intellectual property.

They do not honor promises.

I anticipated that the markets would react -- the worst is yet to come.  Next to the U.S., China is the largest economy in the world.  So how could this not affect the markets?  China is estimating now that they will lose close to $60 billion dollars this quarter...I'd say that's pretty significant. 

Analysts are predicting for the near future a downturn in the market of 10% -- anyone invested in China I'd say is SOL.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2020, 10:46:59 pm »
yusuf
@tekdemiryusuf
Indian scientists: "The virus may not be natural"
Indian scientists have found HIV (AIDS) virus-like additions that are not found in any other coronavirus in the 2019-nCov virus. This points to the possibility of the new type of coronavirus being designed.

#coronavirus
3:10 PM · Jan 31, 2020·Twitter Web App
19 Retweets 36 Likes
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2020, 10:53:15 pm »
Sriram Chandra
@sriramchs
New research: #coronavirus has bits of HIV, probably not random and possibly engineered.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPo1IR1XsAAl8Bl.jpg

(Not peer-reviewed yet)
2:53 PM · Jan 31, 2020·Twitter for Android
24 Retweets 39 Likes
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2020, 11:00:42 pm »
Anand Ranganathan
@ARanganathan72

Oh my god. Indian scientists have just found HIV (AIDS) virus-like insertions in the 2019-nCov virus that are not found in any other coronavirus. They hint at the possibility that this Chinese virus was designed ["not fortuitous']. Scary if true.

https://biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.30.927871v1.full.pdf

1:03 PM · Jan 31, 2020·Twitter Web Client
4.1K Retweets 5.1K Likes
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2020, 12:00:43 am »
Anand Ranganathan
@ARanganathan72

Oh my god. Indian scientists have just found HIV (AIDS) virus-like insertions in the 2019-nCov virus that are not found in any other coronavirus. They hint at the possibility that this Chinese virus was designed ["not fortuitous']. Scary if true.

4.1K Retweets 5.1K Likes

So I wonder if being infected with this has some other long term consequences. It sure sounds like the Chinese were experimenting with splicing different viruses together. The Chinese are well known to cut corners in just about everything they do to get ahead. This could well be the result.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2020, 12:27:44 am »
Just a thought, don't mean nuthin', but...

... it might be time to end all international travel for a while.
ALL of it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2020, 12:30:59 am »
Just a thought, don't mean nuthin', but...

... it might be time to end all international travel for a while.
ALL of it.

The Dow dropped over 2% today (over 600 points) because they're wondering that too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2020, 12:36:33 am »
Drudge has a photo posted of a man lying dead in the streets and someone just passing him by on a bike like he’s a not there.

Where’s the humanity? Are we reverting to savages or something else?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2020, 12:38:13 am »
Drudge has a photo posted of a man lying dead in the streets and someone just passing him by on a bike like he’s a not there.

"We" are not.  "The Chinese" have always been savages.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2020, 12:40:55 am »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DB

« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2020, 01:20:20 am »

Asian culture is very different than ours. It isn't something we need more of here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2020, 01:30:32 am »
Communism doesn't help.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2020, 01:36:10 am »
Here’s the story.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10860656/coronavirus-horror-dead-man-street/
It is harsh, but what can the average bystander do except pretty much guarantee they will become infected?

Even the medics are wearing hazmat suits and what appear to be serious respirators, not the little masks people only think will help (the virus can get through a N-95 mask, even with a decent seal).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2020, 01:44:07 am »
These are sad, I saw one video clip where the guy fell over while standing. In some of these cases, the person may still be alive and EMS tries to get to them. I'm saying that as a note of optimism. I don't know if we can be sure they are dead though it's terrible.

There was a video, maybe on this thread, where it looked like a hospital worker (white coat) was laying like that in a hospital hallway.

One thing about this. Not seeing videos from your average phone user in China posting vids-aka-life or death on the streets. Wondering if the Chinese Govt. i'sn't putting a lockdown on internet postings. Not that they would.../s

Maybe it is because I haven't been looking for them.

One note of concern with this is the handling of the swine flu virus that has wiped out half of the pig population in China in the (last) year. 444 million pigs. 50% loss. Not a virus harmful to humans although humans can be a carrier. The Chinese govt. effed up containment of that. Don't know if it HAS been contained.

So, with this human virus, I have major doubts about the number of cases per the number of deaths.

What is it now? At least 60 million people "quarantined"?

The death toll may be far higher.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2020, 01:47:12 am »

Love ya. Calling BS.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2020, 01:54:03 am »
Anand Ranganathan
@ARanganathan72

4.1K Retweets 5.1K Likes

uh huh

I shoulda kept going with Robot 2.

And "good" members treat @Quix like a miscreant.

Most people can't handle the truth because they are too effing stupid to understand it.

Good on ya.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2020, 02:26:01 am »

Please check post #220, it was posted here hours ago. page 9.

@Gefn

Please try to keep up!  :seeya:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:13:40 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2020, 02:28:34 am »
Sriram Chandra
@sriramchs
New research: #coronavirus has bits of HIV, probably not random and possibly engineered.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPo1IR1XsAAl8Bl.jpg

(Not peer-reviewed yet)
2:53 PM · Jan 31, 2020·Twitter for Android
24 Retweets 39 Likes

That's something, HIV. Well, like I said, when the Chinese were trying, I believe "cloning", it really showed how far they will go, EVEN THOUGH THAT SCIENTIST GOT ARRESTED.... I add that in because it is important.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2020, 02:34:20 am »
I can't believe they are saying this and also, we are certainly not among the first, Mongolia, North Korea, Philippines, Italy, Israel, Singapore, I know I am missing some but a number of countries are taking these kinds of measures. Australia is certainly quarantining people.
China chides ‘mean’ US for travel warning as virus impact spreads

The United States angered China on Friday with a warning to Americans not to travel there because of a coronavirus epidemic that has rattled the global economy with increasing disruption to business supply lines.

Originating in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the flu-like virus first identified earlier this month has resulted in 213 deaths in China. Wuhan and the surrounding region are in virtual quarantine.

More than 9,800 people have been infected in China and more than 130 cases reported in at least 25 other countries and regions, with Russia, Britain, Sweden and Italy all reporting their first cases on Thursday or Friday.

More: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2020/01/31/China-chides-mean-US-for-travel-warning-as-virus-impact-spreads.html