Author Topic: JUST IN: SHOCK ADAM SCHIFF REVELATION – THIS IS SICK  (Read 5144 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: JUST IN: SHOCK ADAM SCHIFF REVELATION – THIS IS SICK
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2020, 12:09:45 am »
So, what was the sick shock revelation?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2020, 12:09:54 am »
All I am trying to convey is he is being criticized for the "what ifs".  He silenced Iran's #2 in command and protected and saved American lives.  That he set out to do and accomplished -- he did so without American casualties. It has been reported that he has deployed more military and warships.  The "what ifs" are unknown and the DEMS (and some in here) are jumping down his throat accusing him of trying to start a war, acting without authority and making threats that are unlawful though he hasn't taken any further action.  He has put Iran on notice.  I commend him.

Alright with all that - Except relieving him of the 'trying to start a war' bit. That much is certainly in the cards. Throwing down is certainly 'trying to start a war' by it's very nature. That, on it's face, is a valid criticism, whether for or against. As to the rest, as I said, it is too early to forward grandiose claims.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:10:57 am by roamer_1 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2020, 12:18:22 am »
Alright with all that - Except relieving him of the 'trying to start a war' bit. That much is certainly in the cards. Throwing down is certainly 'trying to start a war' by it's very nature. That, on it's face, is a valid criticism, whether for or against. As to the rest, as I said, it is too early to forward grandiose claims.

Disagree.  He wasn't trying to start a war --- he had intel that Soleimani was targeting American diplomats and military. He stopped him.  That's preventing and reacting rather than instigating.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2020, 12:20:11 am »
Correct. It's also too early to complain about "cultural sites" being destroyed. It hasn't come to pass.

Thank you!

Trying to make war antiseptic is lunacy. By creating the idea that war can be waged and only bad guys get killed leads people to believe war is acceptable. War should be recognized for what it is; brutal, deadly and innocents are killed. If we recognize war for what it is we might not have to fight as many and those that we do have to fight we can win with fewer of our guys getting killed or injured.

I guess Trump hasn’t learned to be ‘sensitive’ while delivering a threat to annihilate you and send you to your maker.

Chalk up another social faux pas for the Trumpmiester. /s

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2020, 12:23:18 am »
Fighting with Israelis and other Western Nations, Muslims quickly learned that they could openly use Mosques and other 'cultural sites' as headquarters, staging, and launching sites. Essentially they would turn Religious sites, schools, and Hospitals, into functioning military bases. Because they know that Western Civilized people do not like to attack these sites.

Ironically, the Muslims themselves do not care one single little bit about stuff like that. When they are killing each other (which is pretty much all the time), they will turn a Mosque, Apartments, or Hospital, into rubble in only a few minutes. With no regard to how many non combatants and children they massacre, or whatever the 'cultural significance' of the site is. They simply do not care. Muslims fight war like animals, not like honorable, civilized, human beings.

Right.  Islamic terrorism had no problem attacking this American cultural site:

Keep things in context.

U.S. Highway 66 — popularly known as Route 66 — holds a special place in American consciousness. ...

So bombing holes in any empty stretch of that highway should be considered an attack on an American cultural site.

Same with Iran. I am sure there are roads, bridges, and other infrastructure deemed cultural sites by the Iranians that the rest of the world could give a flying RA about.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2020, 12:27:55 am »
Trump to Ayatollah (in his best Adam Schiff voice):

“Nice cultural site you got there. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it.” 

:silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2020, 12:28:02 am »
Not so sure about that. Sometimes throwing down is the best way to stop one.

When your opponent has been sneaking around with a peashooter and you confront him with a double barrel market gun (10 ga.) just eye to bore, I'm not so sure that 'throwing down' is the right term, especially if you don't squeeze the trigger. I see it more as declaring that peace just might be in his best interest.

Basically, in his speech, that's what Trump said, to the effect that it would be best for Iran (and the World) if Iran ceased the terrorist operations which would no longer be tolerated by civilized nations. He further noted that Iran has great resources and talented people and should turn those toward more suitable ends that those people might flourish. (That may have been as much aimed at the folks who don't like the reign of the Ayatollahs, and never did. Iran has a strong counter culture, even though they are oppressed/suppressed).

He left the ball in Iran's court, and in trying to start a war that isn't generally the tactic. Those words didn't ring of provocation so much as a warning to stop here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2020, 01:20:55 am »
Disagree.  He wasn't trying to start a war --- he had intel that Soleimani was targeting American diplomats and military. He stopped him.  That's preventing and reacting rather than instigating.

Not so sure about that. Sometimes throwing down is the best way to stop one.

When your opponent has been sneaking around with a peashooter and you confront him with a double barrel market gun (10 ga.) just eye to bore, I'm not so sure that 'throwing down' is the right term, especially if you don't squeeze the trigger. I see it more as declaring that peace just might be in his best interest.

Y'all are missin what I am putting down. There ain't any sense in massaging the fact.. Regardless of the circumstance, regardless of whether it is righteous or not, you throw down on somebody, you gotta figger they are going to throw back.

If that's me and you, that must mean there is an intention to fight. That in the least, that fight is on the table and predictable before the fact.

In the matter of nations, same thing. War is most certainly on the table.

Offline bilo

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2020, 01:22:53 am »
I guess Trump hasn’t learned to be ‘sensitive’ while delivering a threat to annihilate you and send you to your maker.

This is one of his characteristics that I'm coming to appreciate. He makes it clear that his first instinct is to totally destroy anyone who would attack the USA. IOW, it's no holds barred.

The shame of it is the Rats instead of rallying behind the POTUS and supporting the USA seek to undermine him and us.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2020, 01:30:18 am »
What "cultural sites" did we spare in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Tokyo, and Dresden...?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 01:37:17 am »
What "cultural sites" did we spare in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Tokyo, and Dresden...?

Cemeteries.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2020, 01:40:55 am »

Largely a modern argument. We didn't really have the ability to avoid cultural sites in WWII, though I am sure they must have tried to some degree...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2020, 01:45:56 am »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2020, 01:48:22 am »
Illegal. Barbaric. And Foolish.

Now, taking out their key military installations? I'd be all in on that.
What an arrogant idiotic statement.

You do realize that the missile exist within those 'cultural' sites?

It is why Trump made the point quite clear.  They cannot hide there.

Or are you indeed that stupid?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2020, 01:51:05 am »
Largely a modern argument. We didn't really have the ability to avoid cultural sites in WWII, though I am sure they must have tried to some degree...

The allies routinely sought to avoid hitting important sites. Old churches, and old civic buildings.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2020, 02:07:16 am »
They can rebuild them.

From the ground, down.

I don't know how it is in other countries. But I can see the value in bombing blue state cemeteries come election time.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2020, 02:10:15 am »
The allies routinely sought to avoid hitting important sites. Old churches, and old civic buildings.

Right... There was no intent... but carpet bombing with dumb bombs ain't an exact science.
Not like today where they can put one right down the smokestack... and that'd be my point.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2020, 03:56:44 am »
According to the article and to Pompeo himself -- certain instances would allow Trump to do so.  He has since taken a back seat on that idea....yet people continue to grind on that issue.

The President succeeded in what he set out to do.  Right now, no American casualties.  Iran has been knocked into place.  He deserves a huge pat on the back.  He didn't send troops in to accomplish his goals -- so still trying to figure out why people are still up in arms.  He did very well and people are still knocking him.

He took a back seat because unlike you, many people realized it wasn't right and told him so.   He really didn't know.  Just like he didn't realize that there are people in Syria with families.  There are Christians, Yazidi's, Kurds trying to survive. 

The entire ME holds culture.  Important culture that must be protected.  I am sure you remember the images of ISIS destroying everything in their path.  But the kicker is that he really didn't acknowledge anything in Syria.  He called it sand and death.  And I am sure that bombing the cultural sites would be the same.  If it isn't important to him its "sand and death".

Oh, and BS.  Troops have been sent as a result of this escalation.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:01:31 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2020, 04:13:31 am »
He took a back seat because unlike you, many people realized it wasn't right and told him so.   He really didn't know.  Just like he didn't realize that there are people in Syria with families.  There are Christians, Yazidi's, Kurds trying to survive. 

The entire ME holds culture.  Important culture that must be protected.  I am sure you remember the images of ISIS destroying everything in their path.  But the kicker is that he really didn't acknowledge anything in Syria.  He called it sand and death.  And I am sure that bombing the cultural sites would be the same.  If it isn't important to him its "sand and death".

Oh, and BS.  Troops have been sent as a result of this escalation.
@Chosen Daughter

Team of Rookies

From the article:

Experience is not everything, but it is very important. Knowledge and good instincts can get you only so far. National security crises also demand strategic insight, levelheadedness, and an ability to make prudential decisions about when to act quickly and when to hold back. These are skills acquired with experience.

Experience is no guarantee of wisdom, of course. Many of the experienced leaders listed above held wrong views. Many of them made mistakes during crises. Some of them had little crisis-management experience. But when crises hit, they were sitting in a room with colleagues who did have that kind of experience.

Not so for their successors in the Trump administration. There is a striking lack of experience among the senior leadership. We can only hope that, as the Iran crisis unfolds, they can rise to the occasion.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:15:58 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2020, 05:52:00 am »
I supported the strike killing Soleimani but it was what followed that was just bat crap crazy.  I am a Conservative and never against military strikes when necessary.  It is Trump who welcomes the left to question his actions.  He comes out threatening cultural sites.  Also saying that 52 stands for the 52 Iran hostages in Iran.  Makes a person wonder why he is bringing up the 1980 Iran Hostage situation?  Made me question whether this is imminent or just in general a I hate Iran for everything they have done from 1980 until now.

Instead of side tracking from imminent threats I would suggest that the President stick to the issue.  Also don't threaten cultural sites.  Those are World assets and its only fitting of terrorists to do those things.  We know they do because it is exactly what ISIS did.  We are not terrorists.  If the President wants to have full support he should stick to the truth and not act like he is insane.

Trump's speech this morning was highly presidential.  I was pleasantly shocked.  I was initially concerned too about the "cultural site" threat, but I am 99% sure now that this was a bluff.  In any case, this whole thing was a huge victory for Trump. Think about it.....a top level perpetuator of terror was wiped out for a few helicopters and some bent fence. Also add the fact that Iran, and other bad actors in the middle east have learned that we are not an easy touch anymore

Schiff and the rest of the treasonus  dims are getting ready to be massacred by the court of public opinion.  I have been a critic of Trump when he deserved it.  But this week was some of the best days ever of his presidency.  His approval ratings are getting ready to spike upward.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:52:55 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2020, 10:08:48 am »

@aligncare

Maybe from now on when dealing with terrorist and terrorist nations he will tell them "I am going to kill you,but only in the kindest,and most gentle of ways, if you continue doing what you are doing."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2020, 10:15:34 am »
From the ground, down.

I don't know how it is in other countries. But I can see the value in bombing blue state cemeteries come election time.

@bigheadfred

So,you want to go directly after the Dims most reliable voting block?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2020, 10:21:00 am »
He took a back seat because unlike you, many people realized it wasn't right and told him so.   He really didn't know.  Just like he didn't realize that there are people in Syria with families.

@Chosen Daughter

That's dumb,even for you.

There are Christians, Yazidi's, Kurds trying to survive. 

I guess it is ok to kill anyone else,right?

The entire ME holds culture.

What populated part of the planet doesn't?

Important culture that must be protected.

PLEASE feel free to go there and personally protect what is most important to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2020, 10:52:18 am »
We held off bombing Monte Cassino because it was supposed to be neutral. What has, of late, been attributed to a mistranslation of an intercepted German communication, that a battalion of German soldiers were in the abbey which was supposed to be neutral, led to the bombing and destruction of the Abbey. which had been founded in 526 by St. Benedict. According to the Abbot, who survived the bombing, there were no German troops inside.

The point is that while both sides held off shelling or bombing the Abbey (a very definite and significant cultural site) in a neutrality agreement between both sides and the Vatican, the moment that Allied forces, even through a mistranslation, believed there were German troops using that Abbey, it was leveled. (Incidentally, that turned out to be a mistake, because the rubble of the Abey, like the ruins of Stalingrad, only made it more difficult to dislodge the defending Axis troops who had been hotly contesting the hill it was on.)

So, yes, we did have that ability, at least in some instances, but chose not to use it.source

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2020, 11:12:12 am »
Y'all are missin what I am putting down. There ain't any sense in massaging the fact.. Regardless of the circumstance, regardless of whether it is righteous or not, you throw down on somebody, you gotta figger they are going to throw back.

If that's me and you, that must mean there is an intention to fight. That in the least, that fight is on the table and predictable before the fact.

In the matter of nations, same thing. War is most certainly on the table.
They did. They didn't throw much, nor very hard, just enough so they could walk away and not slink in shame.

The Iranians have been signalling their intention to fight for decades, now, over 40 years.
Trump has just said, "enough", and (unlike predecessors) signaled what he is willing to do to stop the crap.

It's like some obnoxious pipsqueak in a bar trying to egg on the local tough guy, and the tough guy just stands up (and over him) and says "Do you really want this fight?". The pipsqueak might have gotten away with it before, but it ends there. If he wants to fight, he's gonna get his butt kicked, but good, and he knows it, so he might mouth off a little to save face, but essentially, the threat of overwhelming force by someone who has signaled they are willing to use it if necessary has ended the fight before it began. It's a tactic I used with some success as a younger man, only rarely actually having to actually engage farther, and one which I was thanked for by some of the would-be instigators later.

The Iranian throwdowns over the years have included the Hostage taking, Barracks in Beiruit, the Khobar Towers, the diabolical Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, Improved penetrators in IEDs used in Afghanistan and Iraq, and a host of other events either carried out by the Quds Forces or supported by them on at least three continents. I see this as finally someone has stood up and said 'we're not going  to tolerate any more of this crap' instead of caving, kowtowing, or sending tribute.

C S Lewis