Author Topic: 'Pay us back': Trump says troops will not leave airbase unless Iraq compensates US  (Read 2024 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Pay us back': Trump says troops will not leave airbase unless Iraq compensates US
by Keith Koffler
 | January 05, 2020 08:31 PM

President Trump Sunday said the United States would not abandon its airbase in Iraq unless the country paid billions for the cost of building it.

"We're not leaving unless they pay us back for it," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One as it flew from his home in Palm Springs, Florida, back to Washington.

“We have a very extraordinarily expensive airbase that’s there. It cost billions of dollars to build. Long before my time. We’re not leaving unless they pay us back for it," he said.

Iraq's parliament Sunday voted in favor of expelling U.S. troops from the country in response to the killing last week of top Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani. It is not clear how Iraq will proceed in the wake of the vote.

Trump said the U.S. would inflict crippling sanctions on Iraq if it forced U.S. troops to depart.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pay-us-back-trump-says-troops-will-not-leave-airbase-unless-iraq-compensates-u-s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Beautiful. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If they refuse, then demolish it on the way out sufficiently to make it expensive to rebuild.  Heck, never mind that, just demolish it.

If we're leaving, we can't leave that kind of asset there, even if they really want to buy it.  Eventually it would be used to station bombers that can reach Israel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

If they refuse, then demolish it on the way out sufficiently to make it expensive to rebuild.  Heck, never mind that, just demolish it.

If we're leaving, we can't leave that kind of asset there, even if they really want to buy it.  Eventually it would be used to station bombers that can reach Israel.

Can't fault president for asking!  lol. Then the next plan, would probably be like you said. HECK...do a muslim thing,  ask for the money, receive it and destroy the building anyway!  Fight fire with fire.  Sick of being the 'good guys' & smeared anyway.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Mexico will pay for it...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

Mexico will pay for it...

They already have!   Their side of the border, using 30,000 Mexican soldiers & tariffs.  And each year it cost Americans, $746.3 billion dollars, dealing with ILLEGALS. The wall pays for itself in a few months.  You were saying?  That info is from an immigration site...NOW BLOCKED.   *****rollingeyes***** 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Who died and made us Israel's daddy? If that's the case,maybe we can get Israel to cough up some money to pay for the demolition?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

@Cyber Liberty

Who died and made us Israel's daddy? If that's the case,maybe we can get Israel to cough up some money to pay for the demolition?

He is talking about America and our money put into that.  Give USA money or we destroy it on the way out!   

The rest is superfluous.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

They already have!   Their side of the border, using 30,000 Mexican soldiers & tariffs.  And each year it cost Americans, $746.3 billion dollars, dealing with ILLEGALS. The wall pays for itself in a few months.  You were saying?  That info is from an immigration site...NOW BLOCKED.   *****rollingeyes*****

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline bilo

"We're not leaving unless they pay us back for it," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One

This is one of those times I wish Trump had been silent. Tempers are running hot in Iraq. The govt is dominated with shia muslims the same branch of islam as in iran.

Also, the USA doesn't stay if we aren't wanted. If Iraq says get out we will, but then what about the Kurds and sunni muslims and few remaining Christians.

All in all it would be better to let our diplomats do their double speak for awhile until things settle down.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

3 posts.....NOTHING BUT SPAM.  lol.

You want me to say something?  Take a military strike which most overwhelmingly support and make a joke out of it.  I am surprised he didn't say we aren't leaving without the oil.  If the plan was to withdraw the troops what was he going to ask for before this happened?  Was the plan to always force them to pay for the complex?  Bomb the dang thing, yes. 

And you are going to love this one.  Totally ironic that in 2012 Trump predicted Obama would start a war in Iran because his polls were going down.

https://www.axios.com/trump-iran-war-obama-957a39c2-d0b9-4041-bb71-c3dfa12339d5.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

"We're not leaving unless they pay us back for it," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One

This is one of those times I wish Trump had been silent. Tempers are running hot in Iraq. The govt is dominated with shia muslims the same branch of islam as in iran.

Also, the USA doesn't stay if we aren't wanted. If Iraq says get out we will, but then what about the Kurds and sunni muslims and few remaining Christians.

All in all it would be better to let our diplomats do their double speak for awhile until things settle down.

Trump does not care about Kurds and Christians.  Its always what can we get?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

If you think the illegal immigration has done anything but doubled since Trump took office, then I am glad you blocked me... as a matter of fact I seem to remembered you previously blocked me earlier about a year ago or so.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Cyber Liberty

@sneakypete

I'd rather level it to sand, and then infuse the soil with pig innards. The muzzies would really dig that.

Pete, you and i both know that we got enough Feral Hogs here that could taint a few thousand acres.  Time to start hunting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If you think the illegal immigration has done anything but doubled since Trump took office, then I am glad you blocked me... as a matter of fact I seem to remembered you previously blocked me earlier about a year ago or so.

Nope...  Legal put you on...

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sighlass

And you think that is TRUMP's fault? The guy trying to build a wall and being blocked by the Dims and RINO's at every turn?

Seriously?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

And then bill Iraq for the C4.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bilo

Trump does not care about Kurds and Christians.  Its always what can we get?

That's to simplistic on your part.

Thankfully Trump does put the USA above any other consideration, but he does consider how others are affected.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

President Trump would do it for Putin.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCKc4JoWgZY

Offline libertybele

888high58888 :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.