Author Topic: IRAN III News Updates Thread  (Read 18989 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: IRAN III News Updates Thread
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2020, 11:52:46 am »
Ruthen
@RutheniaRus
The tailpipe fire or what it called in the airline industry a back fire, which affect the aircraft turbofan engines is occurring only on ground, during engine start or shutdown.
Quote Tweet
Sharon Idan | שרון עידן
@sharonidan
 Â· 4h
737-800 זהה לזה שהתרסק לפנות בוקר באירן, סמוך לחצות בנתב״ג.
תקלת אש מנוע. תמונות מדהימות של הפוטנציאל לאסון כשמתחילה במנוע תקלת אש.

https://twitter.com/RutheniaRus/status/1214872021034831873

Video at this tweet allegedly of the plane, showing the backfire. Read tweet.
Sharon Idan | שרון עידן
@sharonidan
737-800 זהה לזה שהתרסק לפנות בוקר באירן, סמוך לחצות בנתב״ג.
תקלת אש מנוע. תמונות מדהימות של הפוטנציאל לאסון כשמתחילה במנוע תקלת אש. ככה זה נראה בנתבג. מדהים
Translated by
737-800 is the same as the one that crashed in the morning in Iran, near midnight at Ben Gurion Airport. Engine fire fault. Amazing photos of the potential for disaster when starting a fire fault engine. This is what it looks like in spore. Stunning

https://twitter.com/sharonidan/status/1214806866171191306

So, this 2nd tweet would seem to make foul play a bit less likely, look at that "back fire".

And this plane story should perhaps have its own thread but, it is Iran related and things get going a bit spontaneously....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:53:39 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2020, 12:14:49 pm »
Iran civil aviation org says will not give black box to Boeing

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Iran's civil aviation organization has said that it will not hand over to Boeing the black box of the Ukrainian airlines flight that crashed shortly after taking off from Tehran's Imam Khomeni airport on Wednesday morning.

Both black boxes were found Wednesday, Iranian state television has reported. An Iranian official was quoted as saying both boxes were damaged but that it was believed their data could still be retrieved.

On Wednesday morning, engine failure was named as the cause of the crash. However, the Ukrainian embassy to Iran later issued a new statement on the crash which omitted engine failure as a cause, and saying that any previous statements on the cause of the crash had not been official.

https://m.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Iran-civil-aviation-org-says-will-not-give-black-box-to-Boeing-613548
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2020, 12:24:21 pm »
Some of them...at least 12 were the ballistic missiles they've been building.  I'm sure my friends across the road inside Cheyenne Mountain had a busy day/night.
IIRC, nothing Iran has has the sort of range to reach CONUS targets from a land launch there. That would not preclude keeping an eye on launches anywhere, and especially in areas where we have troops, though, so they likely were busy.
The danger to the CONUS, if any, would come from IRBMs launched from ships off the coast, or 'sleeper cell' IEDs.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 12:35:53 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2020, 01:05:32 pm »
4 of Iran’s 15 ballistic missiles failed to hit their US targets, say reports

American Military News by  Laura Widener  January 07, 2020

U.S. officials have confirmed that several of the missiles fired by Iran failed to hit their targets, new reports said on Tuesday night.

Citing a U.S. defense official, Los Angeles Times and Fox News both reported that four of 15 missiles Iran fired at U.S. targets failed.

Of the 15 missiles, 10 hit the Al Assad Air Base in Anbar province, Iraq, one missile struck the Combined Joint Operations Center in Irbil, Iraq, and four missiles failed.

The missiles were reportedly tracked by radar systems, allowing U.S. forces to move to safety before they struck. The U.S. did not attempt to intercept the missiles.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/4-of-irans-15-ballistic-missiles-failed-to-hit-their-us-targets-say-reports/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2020, 01:14:35 pm »
Esper: U.S. continues to deploy, reposition troops in Middle East

American Military News 1/7/2019

https://americanmilitarynews.com/ai/esper-u-s-continues-to-deploy-reposition-troops-in-middle-east/

WASHINGTON, Jan. 7, 2020 — The United States continues to deploy and reposition troops throughout the region of Iraq and Iran to bolster U.S. security and force protection and to be prepared for any contingency, Defense Secretary Dr. Mark T. Esper said.

“Over the last several days, I’ve had many conversations with our partners and allies about the situation in Iraq and the region,” the secretary told reporters at an impromptu Pentagon news conference today.

“It’s been uniform support for our position and our actions, and I continue to convey to them the importance we continue to place on the defeat-ISIS position,” Esper said of the U.S. drone attack that killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, one of the most powerful figures in the region.

Deterring Iran from its bad behavior and standing up to that behavior has been going on for 40-plus years, the secretary added. “And … we remain prepared for any contingency with regard to Iran,” he said.---

Esper said the Iranians fired 31 rockets that weren’t meant to harass, but were designed to kill people and destroy things. “Then we had the siege of the embassy,” he added.

He called the strike that killed the Quds Force leader a matter of self-defense carried out to protect Americans.

“When we looked at this operation, we knew there would be consequences; we knew there’d be risks,” said Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who joined Esper in briefing reporters. “We didn’t take any of it lightly. We knew we’d have to address [the posture of U.S. Central Command troops] for force protection in the immediate aftermath of this particular strike operation.”

“How do you expect us not to respond when they’ve been killing our people for 20 years?” Esper asked. “Soleimani alone has the blood of hundreds of Americans; he’s wounded thousands of American coalition partners. He is a terrorist, a leader of a terrorist organization who’s been killing and attacking Americans for 20-some years, and the blood is on his hands.”

More a link.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2020, 01:20:48 pm »
I was reading a story in the Newyorker that this death has unified the Iranian people against the US. I highly doubt that. I would bet a significant portion of the throngs that showed up for his funeral only went to make sure the SOB was dead.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2020, 01:29:54 pm »
I was reading a story in the Newyorker that this death has unified the Iranian people against the US. I highly doubt that. I would bet a significant portion of the throngs that showed up for his funeral only went to make sure the SOB was dead.

@bigheadfred I read The Newyorker for the cartoons. It’s a good magazine. I like it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2020, 01:33:18 pm »
@bigheadfred I read The Newyorker for the cartoons. It’s a good magazine. I like it.

That may be. This "oh noes" piece didn't do much for me.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2020, 01:52:47 pm »
IIRC, nothing Iran has has the sort of range to reach CONUS targets from a land launch there. That would not preclude keeping an eye on launches anywhere, and especially in areas where we have troops, though, so they likely were busy.
The danger to the CONUS, if any, would come from IRBMs launched from ships off the coast, or 'sleeper cell' IEDs.

Agreed...but their first target for their ballistic missile program won't be the U.S. once they perfect the guidance systems and fit nuke warheads to them.

We'll be second once they build their ICBM's.

The only reason I mentioned NORAD is because the system they run picks up missile launches anywhere.  Regardless of whether it's coming at us or not.  It could have/should have been an early warning from them to the troops in Iraq to hunker down because they had missiles heading their way.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2020, 01:57:35 pm »
Iran's Supreme Leader calls missile strike at bases a 'slap in the face,' warns it's not enough

https://www.foxnews.com/world/missile-attacks-target-us-forces-in-iraq-senior-military-source-says-iran-suspected
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2020, 02:05:36 pm »
Brandon Morse  @TheBrandonMorse

Iran claims it killed 30 Americans. The Pentagon said they killed no Americans.
MSNBC decided to run Iran’s narrative.
If you were wondering whose side the media is on, let that inform your opinion.
9:04 PM · Jan 7, 2020
7:21 AM · Jan 8, 2020
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:08:23 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2020, 02:09:48 pm »
Iran Missile Attacks: President Trump Speaks To Nation Wednesday

President Trump is expected to make a statement Wednesday morning on Iran's missile attack on two Iraqi military bases housing U.S. troops.

Jan 8, 2020 8:49 am ET

WASHINGTON, DC — President Donald Trump is expected to address the nation Wednesday morning after Iranian forces launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against two Iraqi military bases where some U.S. troops are housed.

No U.S. casualties were immediately reported in the strikes, revenge for America's killing of Iran's Revolutionary Guard commander Qassem Soleimani last week near the Baghdad airport. However, Iran claimed at least 80 U.S. troops were killed, The Washington Post and other news outlets reported.

The strike is the most significant attack so far as tensions escalate in the Middle East. Some analysts say the missile strike was "the smallest attack that Iran could carry out while at the same time being able to say they got revenge."

https://patch.com/us/white-house/iran-missile-attacks-president-trump-speaks-nation-wednesday

Online mountaineer

« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2020, 02:12:25 pm »
FYI, the administration tried to "brief" congressional Dems, this Politico reporter tweeted, but Pelosi was too busy to take the call:
Heather Caygle  @heatherscope

In meeting tonight Speaker Pelosi was handed a note telling her VP Pence was on the phone.
“Tell him I’ll call him back,” she said according to sources in room, noting she had to go open the House for new session.
Two minutes later, she was handed note about air base bombing.
6:40 PM · Jan 7, 2020

Heather Caygle  @heatherscope
Pelosi called Pence back at 6:34 pm and he briefed her on Iranian attack, per @Drew_Hammill
6:59 PM · Jan 7, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline oldno7

« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2020, 02:13:28 pm »
Now would be a great time for Trump to take out Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2020, 02:15:54 pm »
Now would be a great time for Trump to take out Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

I think now would be a great time to stand down, and reap the practical and propaganda benefits of having taken out Soleimani, made Iran look impotant, while not escalating any conflict.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2020, 02:33:53 pm »
I think now would be a great time to stand down, and reap the practical and propaganda benefits of having taken out Soleimani, made Iran look impotant, while not escalating any conflict.
We have been standing down and reaping the "benefits" for 40 years.
Is it your desire that we continue to ignore the issue so our grand kids can deal with it?
I do understand your logic and desire but when is enough enough?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2020, 03:04:51 pm »
Iran's Supreme Leader calls missile strike at bases a 'slap in the face,' warns it's not enough

https://www.foxnews.com/world/missile-attacks-target-us-forces-in-iraq-senior-military-source-says-iran-suspected

They need to take the Ayatollah out. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2020, 03:22:51 pm »
We have been standing down and reaping the "benefits" for 40 years.
Is it your desire that we continue to ignore the issue so our grand kids can deal with it?
I do understand your logic and desire but when is enough enough?

I totally agree with you.  Secularize Iran!

It's time to bring down the Mullahs.  It's pastime!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2020, 03:30:03 pm »

They went because they were forced to.   
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2020, 03:32:26 pm »

Absolutely. As soon as they have nukes, the world is over.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2020, 03:33:12 pm »

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2020, 03:34:01 pm »
Official Iranian photograph of the missile launches:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2020, 03:37:15 pm »
US Response I'd like to see:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2020, 03:43:16 pm »
US Response I'd like to see:

LOL. Umbrella by Acme Products.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2020, 03:44:38 pm »
Former Iraqi parliamentarian says most Iraqis support Soleimani assassination - JNS.org
Heather Robinson

(January 7, 2020 / JNS) Mithal al-Alusi, former Iraqi parliamentarian and a longtime friend of Israel, said in a phone interview on Monday that he supports U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to assassinate Qassem Soleimani, the leader of Iran’s Quds Force, a branch of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) responsible for terrorist operations outside of Iran. He added that he believes the majority of Iraqis are “very happy” about the assassination.

“Soleimani did kill many Americans, many Europeans, many Jewish [people],” Alusi told me. “Maybe more than [ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-] Baghdadi and maybe more than [Al-Qaeda head Osama] bin Laden. He was a very high level—the highest-level international terrorist.”

Alusi, who served three terms in Iraq’s parliament as head of the Iraqi Nation Party—a classically liberal political party that championed human rights, rule of law, a free press, and normalized relations between Iraq and Israel—knows the horrors of terrorism firsthand. In February 2005, terrorists murdered his two sons, Ayman, 30, and Jamal, 22, as payback for their father’s decision to visit Israel to attend a counterterrorism conference.

Read more at: https://www.jns.org/opinion/former-iraqi-prime-minister-says-most-iraqis-support-soleimani-assassination/