Author Topic: IRAN III News Updates Thread  (Read 18822 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: IRAN III News Updates Thread
« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2020, 05:58:29 am »
Nobody seems to be disputing that Soleimani was closely involved with ordering and organizing attacks intended to kill Americans. That was his freaking job.  Being able to point to a specific one at a given moment is completely irrelevant to the nature of the threat he presents.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Senator Murphy knows that. He's just trying to drive on both sides of the road.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #326 on: January 09, 2020, 12:44:28 pm »

Heritage Foundation's Daily Signal:

What’s Next for the US and Iran
Daniel Davis / @JDaniel_Davis / January 09, 2020

Joining me now to unpack the latest developments is Luke Coffey, director of the Allison Center for Foreign Policy at The Heritage Foundation. Luke, thanks for your time.

Davis: So, on Tuesday night, Iran launched over a dozen rockets at a U.S. base in Iraq. This was in response to the U.S. having killed its top general, Qassim Suleimani. What do you think Iran’s objective was?

Coffey: Well, their objective was to show that they are striking back against the United States to save face in the eyes of their public, but to do so in a way that does not provoke the United States even more to retaliate back.

More at: https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/01/09/whats-next-for-the-us-and-iran/

When the Iranians or their proxies were firing missiles at our embassy, I read (and can find it if anyone needs to see it) one of the missiles hit a nearby apartment building and killed some people per some reports, people, Iraqis living in the building.

For keeping up with the news, the usually US-friendly, Iraqi News seems to have gone down but that's been that way for 3 or 4 weeks.

Just like the formally informative The Tower , news seemingly from Israel has now been down a good half year....

Maybe these sites were not profitable to keep up.

Iran will continue to make statements for internal consumption I believe, we must have a lot of eyes, a lot of people watching them... because they play a game of distrust really.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #327 on: January 09, 2020, 04:48:45 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #328 on: January 09, 2020, 05:40:50 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #329 on: January 09, 2020, 05:48:10 pm »
And a passenger jet......

With people on it.

On their own territory.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #330 on: January 09, 2020, 09:30:43 pm »
And a passenger jet......

A Ukrainian passenger jet.  The guy who pulled the trigger is named Boris.  Weird. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #331 on: January 09, 2020, 09:32:47 pm »
A Ukrainian passenger jet.  The guy who pulled the trigger is named Boris.  Weird.

Da.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #332 on: January 09, 2020, 10:06:29 pm »
And don't forget the 52 people trampled to death at the funeral. It seemed odd that there were dozens of Canadians on the flight...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #333 on: January 09, 2020, 10:13:19 pm »
And don't forget the 52 people trampled to death at the funeral. It seemed odd that there were dozens of Canadians on the flight...

Not that odd.  A large number of the Canadians are naturalized citizens from Iran, I read in one of these posts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #334 on: January 09, 2020, 10:57:04 pm »
After watching video of the 737 crashing, clearly engulfed in flames and falling apart as it falls there is no way that was a technical problem or a catastrophic engine failure.
Even an explosion of flammable fuel vapors in the center fuel tank?
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #335 on: January 09, 2020, 11:35:58 pm »

Ignited by a frayed wire, no doubt.  wink777
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #336 on: January 09, 2020, 11:41:01 pm »
Ignited by a frayed wire, no doubt.  wink777

No. It was caused by an electrostatic discharge that ignited leaking hydrogen. :smokin:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2020, 11:48:14 pm »
Raman Ghavami
@Raman_Ghavami
#Breaking
The source just told me that 34 more commanders by the IRGC’s intelligence organisation have been arrested.
“All of them were loyal to Qasem Soleimani”, the source says.

This source is preparing to leave Iran.
 This is turning into something very different.

Read the thread: 

https://twitter.com/Raman_Ghavami/status/1214921866789478401

Apparently Iran is rounding them up.  Something hidden is going on.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #338 on: January 10, 2020, 12:17:53 am »

And all of those people, even the highly trained ones, who saw missiles rising were smoking dope!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #339 on: January 10, 2020, 12:36:12 am »

@Snarknado

LOTS of eastern Europeans hauled ass out of Europe for Canada the first chance they got. Now that they have Canadian or US citizenship,they don't mind going back to visit relatives.

Although I do know one Russian woman who is now living in Spain,and she hates Russia so much she pays to have her mother fly to Spain to visit her,rather than her going back to Russia. What's odd is that she was a Communist Youth member with the red scarf,and a mid-level bureaucrat that worked in customs at one of the Black Sea ports before the system crashed. She married a guy I knew in Ca,and lived with him and had her mother visit her there until he died,and then she moved to Spain.

People that grew up under the Communist system and learned how to "Game it" for their own advantages until it crashed lived VERY afflicted lives. They had to be one person at work and in public,and were never even free in their minds unless they were home alone. No way are most of them going to take a chance on being caught there if something happens and the Iron Curtain drops again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #340 on: January 10, 2020, 12:40:06 am »
And all of those people, even the highly trained ones, who saw missiles rising were smoking dope!

@Bigun

Well,they were HIGHLY trained.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #341 on: January 10, 2020, 12:47:06 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #342 on: January 10, 2020, 01:33:57 am »
Well, no one knows for sure. They were never interviewed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #343 on: January 10, 2020, 01:38:52 am »
Raman Ghavami
@Raman_Ghavami
#Breaking
The source just told me that 34 more commanders by the IRGC’s intelligence organisation have been arrested.
“All of them were loyal to Qasem Soleimani”, the source says.

This source is preparing to leave Iran.
 This is turning into something very different.

Read the thread: 

https://twitter.com/Raman_Ghavami/status/1214921866789478401

Apparently Iran is rounding them up.  Something hidden is going on.

It looks like they may take out anyone who had knowledge of Soleimani itinerary. Furthering the self destruction from within seeding further divisions. That one kill may end up taking out thousands of Iranians... They've probably exceeded 200 so far...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:40:04 am by DB »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #344 on: January 10, 2020, 01:54:20 am »
It looks like they may take out anyone who had knowledge of Soleimani itinerary. Furthering the self destruction from within seeding further divisions. That one kill may end up taking out thousands of Iranians... They've probably exceeded 200 so far...
Just taking out the trash.  When a new "dictator" steps in he demands loyalty and any that won't give it are either done away with or arrested for kangaroo trials.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #345 on: January 10, 2020, 01:58:01 am »
Interesting, but look for Iraqis having accidents, too. This is the sort of paranoid purge Stalin would do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #346 on: January 10, 2020, 02:00:09 am »

I read tonight it is up to 56.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #347 on: January 10, 2020, 02:01:33 am »

56 dead in the stampede. 176 in the airliner crash. Yep. They are over 200.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #348 on: January 10, 2020, 02:04:17 am »
56 dead in the stampede. 176 in the airliner crash. Yep. They are over 200.
They did more damage to themselves that they did us..

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #349 on: January 10, 2020, 02:17:25 am »
Well, no one knows for sure. They were never interviewed.

Not true.  They were interviewed but the 305s got "lost".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien