Author Topic: IRAN III News Updates Thread  (Read 18518 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: IRAN III News Updates Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2020, 01:52:20 am »
Trump tweets support for Iranian protesters as they demand Khamenei quit

The Jerusalem Post By LEON SVERDLOV   JANUARY 12, 2020

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-News/Iranian-protesters-demand-Khamenei-quits-over-plane-downing-613857

@Elderberry

The people that are willing to get out in the streets in Iran and protest their rulers have some serious stones! There is no equivalent in the west.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2020, 01:59:54 am »
@Elderberry

The people that are willing to get out in the streets in Iran and protest their rulers have some serious stones! There is no equivalent in the west.
Yes they do...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2020, 02:01:50 am »
So much still on this issue.... here is a good tweet by Dan Crenshaw responding to an article in the NY Times:

Dan Crenshaw
@DanCrenshawTX
But he agreed with POTUS assessment it could be embassies.

Here’s how this works: Officials receive intel & make assessments. CIA, DNI, Joint Chiefs agreed the intel was very clear & it’d be more dangerous to not act. Keep that in mind amid Dem and media efforts to discredit it.

Quote Tweet
The New York Times
@nytimes
 Â· 9h
Breaking News: Defense Secretary Mark Esper said he didn't see any specific evidence that Iran had planned to attack 4 American embassies, as President Trump had claimed was justification for the strike that sent the U.S. and Iran to the brink of war
https://nyti.ms/35KMCpi[/size]

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1216459249062240257

From the Atlantic, David Frum, this is maddening stuff but I guess we need to know what is out there:

Trump Broke It. Now He Owns It.
https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2020/01/trump-broke-it-now-he-owns-it/162385/?oref=d-topstory

Just the link on this one... apparently, he's blaming Trump for a lot of all that has happened, oh, he worked for Dubya, David Frum , I think some of what he says is absolutely treacherous.  A big turnoff, I didn't know he worked for Bush, I knew I had heard of him.

To another article:

John Kerry Lashes Out at Trump, Gets Testy with CBS’s Margaret Brennan For Pointing Out Iran Nuke Deal Funded Terrorism (VIDEO)

by Cristina Laila January 12, 2020

Former Secretary of State John Kerry got very testy with CBS’s Margaret Brennan during a Sunday interview on “Face the Nation” after Brennan pointed out that the Iran nuke deal funded terrorism.

Kerry, who was the architect of the Iran nuke deal and happily gave Iran billions of dollars, lashed out at President Trump for exposing the deal to be a dangerous dance with the devil that resulted in the US funding terrorism.

Margaret Brennan played a clip from 2016 of John Kerry admitting that some of the money given to Iran will “at some point” fund the IRGC (Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps).

Read more at: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/01/john-kerry-lashes-out-at-trump-gets-testy-with-cbss-margaret-brennan-for-pointing-out-iran-nuke-deal-funded-terrorism-video/

For as much as I dislike Trudeau on a number of issues, here:
Justin Trudeau casts doubt on Iran's claim that shooting down of passenger jet was an 'accident' as he calls for full investigation and demands justice for families of 57 Canadian victims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7876767/Justin-Trudeau-casts-doubt-Irans-claim-Ukraine-jet-shot-accident.html

So, yes, let's get all the facts.

So much but that is enough reading already.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:02:54 am by TomSea »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2020, 02:09:03 am »
So much still on this issue.... here is a good tweet by Dan Crenshaw responding to an article in the NY Times:

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1216459249062240257

From the Atlantic, David Frum, this is maddening stuff but I guess we need to know what is out there:

Just the link on this one... apparently, he's blaming Trump for a lot of all that has happened, oh, he worked for Dubya, David Frum , I think some of what he says is absolutely treacherous.  A big turnoff, I didn't know he worked for Bush, I knew I had heard of him.

To another article:

For as much as I dislike Trudeau on a number of issues, here:
So, yes, let's get all the facts.

So much but that is enough reading already.
@TomSea
You are correct, lets get the fact.
The problem I am having is the volume of lies being spread by people we should be able to rely on...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2020, 02:58:09 am »
Tom Cotton on Mark Levin at 10:00 PM CST, so in about an hour whenever "Life, Liberty and Levin" comes on FOX News....it may be repeated later in the night.  The next show on FOX is on Ruby Ridge actually.

That son of the Shah was going to be on some show, lost track of that... but I saw some protester from over there saying, "We don't want the Shah or Mullahs"..

Again, Heshmat Alavi is about the best analysis of all that is going on.  Keeping up with events.
https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:00:25 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2020, 10:28:36 am »
Former Senator Lieberman has been in the news saying Obama didn't get authorization for hitting terrorists in a number of Drone strikes,

This jumped out at me this morning, the head of Maple Leaf Foods, obviously Canadian is venting on the US (the company too, seems to have a recent history of social consciousness):

Canada
‘Livid’ Maple Leaf Foods CEO takes to Twitter to express frustration over Iran plane crash
By Maryam Shah Global News

The CEO of Maple Leaf Foods took to his company’s Twitter account Sunday night to share his frustration and anger over the Iran plane crash tragedy in a series of tweets.

“I’m Michael McCain, CEO of Maple Leaf Foods, and these are personal reflections,” reads his first tweet, which quickly gained traction via retweets and likes.

“I am very angry, and time isn’t making me less angry. A MLF (Maple Leaf Foods) colleague of mine lost his wife and family this week to a needless, irresponsible series of events in Iran…”

More: https://globalnews.ca/news/6402565/maple-leaf-foods-ceo-iran-plane-crash/

These people have been through a lot... I think it's way out-of-line to somehow find fault with us.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:30:46 am by TomSea »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2020, 01:41:56 pm »
Tensions High As Iranians Continue Protests Over Downing Of Ukrainian Jet

Radio Free Europe By RFE/RL's Radio Farda 1/12/2020

https://www.rferl.org/a/tensions-high-as-iranians-continue-protests-over-downing-of-ukrainian-jet/30373177.html

As angry demonstrations broke out in Iran for a second day over the way Tehran has handled the downing of a Ukrainian passenger airliner by its air defenses, reports suggest the authorities have refrained from using excessive force to confront demonstrators.

But the situation in Tehran and in other Iranian cities was tense throughout the day on January 12, and tensions were rising as crowds began to gather for planned evening demonstrations.

Those protesters also declared "the students are vigilant and are disgusted" with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Meanwhile, at Isfahan University of Technology in the central Iranian city of Isfahan, protesters declared that the IRGC "commits crimes" and Iran's supreme leader "supports" them.

The latest protests in Iran come just weeks after authorities used deadly violence to quell anti-government demonstrations that began in mid-November after Tehran announced that gasoline prices in the country would be dramatically increased.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2020, 03:38:17 pm »
Former Senator Lieberman has been in the news saying Obama didn't get authorization for hitting terrorists in a number of Drone strikes,

This jumped out at me this morning, the head of Maple Leaf Foods, obviously Canadian is venting on the US (the company too, seems to have a recent history of social consciousness):

These people have been through a lot... I think it's way out-of-line to somehow find fault with us.

Canadians are back on my list...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2020, 04:03:59 pm »

Yup.  Like maple syrup Canada's evil oozes over America.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #384 on: January 13, 2020, 04:09:43 pm »
Canada can afford to have these fools in office thanks to their proximity to the US,and the fact that no one really takes Canada seriously as a nation. Any fundie Islamic terrorists that DO go to Canada,use it as a launch site to attack the US,NOT to attack Canada.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2020, 04:46:21 pm »
He's grieving, and rightfully so. But that grief can be manifested as anger, and is easily transferred to parties who had nothing to do with a plane being downed, even as he tries to make sense of something senseless and avoidable..

For instance, we don't know that the Iranians weren't going to launch missiles at those targets anyway.

There seems to have been no effort by Iran to keep commercial traffic out of something they anticipated to be a conflict zone in that time frame.

That a climbing aircraft with absolutely no stealth capability and of that size, not releasing ordnance nor taking evasive maneuvers, and following known flight lanes from a civil airport was shot down reflects that either the Iranians on the ground were trigger happy, scared to incontinence, or intentionally downed the plane hoping to spin it against the US in the global media somehow.  It could have been avoided with an airline flight schedule.
These are a man's personal reflections, regardless of who he is, and he doesn't speak for all Canada nor claim to.
He's upset, a colleague (who is likely a friend) lost his family, just like that, because their plane was shot down.
That was avoidable.
He needs to direct his anger toward those deserving of it.

The US didn't down the plane. It provided evidence of who did.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2020, 08:01:33 pm »
“I am very angry, and time isn’t making me less angry. A MLF (Maple Leaf Foods) colleague of mine lost his wife and family this week to a needless, irresponsible series of events in Iran…”

He should be angry at Iran for murdering one of our contractors, then sending its militias to attack our embassy.  That was needless, irresponsible series of events that triggered our fully justified retaliation.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2020, 11:08:46 pm »
At New Mexico State University (Las Cruces), somewhat contemporaneous to the hostage crisis, in the foreign languages and more pointedly to the Spanish Department, I'm pretty sure, that there were Iranians fresh from the problems of Iran and the overthrow of the Shah and there were these fair skinned (more like Spaniards maybe) secretaries in that Spanish department, I knew they must have been dating them or something. I'm almost certain but so it goes. I didn't care one way or another back then and we had lots of International students and some of the Iranian diaspora I'd gather.

Anyway, I follow this twitter account, last week, Hamdi Rifai was upset with what Michael Moore wrote via the situation over there, now, he's on the case of Maple Leaf foods, probably rightfully, this is what he says and a few other things he has written today, I enjoy his analysis though, may not agree with everything. Also, I'm mainly quoting Hamdi's statments, go to his twitter page for full context.

@HamdiRifaiJD
·
1h
1) Qasem Soleimani needed to be killed to save lives

2) Trump explained it to America poorly but this is no different than when we killed Anwar Alawlaki

3) Iran alone is responsible for all of the deaths of the passengers of the commercial airliner shot down

4) Democrats

https://twitter.com/HamdiRifaiJD/status/1216833259306409985
This one above is more of a general comment.

So, to the Maple Leaf food company's CEO's name is Michael McCain:
Hamdi Rifai حمدي الرفاعي
🇺🇸
@HamdiRifaiJD
Michael McCain is a coward. 1st he drops very political & controversial views on Twitter with the belief that he has a big bullhorn here

Then he runs away & shelters himself from replies from victims of Qasem Soleimani

Apparently he’s only open to having his views heard

https://twitter.com/HamdiRifaiJD/status/1216801485914284041

Hamdi Rifai حمدي الرفاعي
🇺🇸
@HamdiRifaiJD
·
5h
Why wasn’t he moved to speak out when it was Soleimani doing the killing and instability?

Maybe if he cared before he was personally affected it would have made a difference?

What happens in Syria doesn’t stay in Syria!

https://twitter.com/HamdiRifaiJD/status/1216768973787844609

Hamdi Rifai حمدي الرفاعي
🇺🇸
@HamdiRifaiJD
Why wasn’t he moved to speak out when it was Soleimani doing the killing and instability?

Maybe if he cared before he was personally affected it would have made a difference?

What happens in Syria doesn’t stay in Syria!

https://twitter.com/HamdiRifaiJD/status/1216768973787844609

Hamdi Rifai حمدي الرفاعي
🇺🇸
@HamdiRifaiJD
These kind of folks only care when these horrific events affect them personally.

Maple Leaf Foods CEO expresses anger at US government over Iran

So, he, like many of, he doesn't let go of this and it obviously upsets him. There's a few more. I hope Mr. McCain hears some of what Hamdi's saying here.  Hamdi and so many others from over there, are glad Soleimani got whacked big time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:14:47 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2020, 11:12:57 pm »
Speaking of al-Awlaki mentioned above, born in Las Cruces, parents were from Yemen, they were students apparently in student housing there, NMSU. There were quite a few international students.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki  who we did a drone strike on, who was dangerous. Not sure where he got all of his background, obviously, a dangerous terrorist.

Right after the Shah was out of office and the Mullahs in office, there was a big guy, "Haj", he said he had the traditional story of an immigrant coming to this country, only a few possessions and maybe a $100 or so but he was probably a pretty fine person as far as all that goes. No privilege at all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:16:21 pm by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2020, 12:24:50 am »
If you speak out against islam you end up a dead rascist.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #390 on: January 14, 2020, 12:52:57 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2020, 02:47:49 am »
European Powers Urge Iran To Stick To 2015 Nuclear Deal

Radio Free Europe 1/12/2020

https://www.rferl.org/a/european-powers-urge-iran-to-stick-to-2015-nuclear-deal/30373278.html

Germany, France, and Great Britain have urged Tehran to stick by the terms of the 2015 deal that restricted Iran's nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.

In a joint statement on January 12, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Emmanuel Macron, and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that "it is essential that Iran return to full compliance with its commitment under the agreement."

Iran said last week that it no longer considered itself bound by the agreement, from which the United States withdrew in 2018.

U.S. President Donald Trump called the deal "fatally flawed," in part because it did not restrict Tehran's ballistic-missile program or address its support for terrorist groups in the Middle East.

Offline DB

« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2020, 02:56:40 am »
Europe better not be throwing Iran a lifeline.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2020, 02:59:33 am »
VIDEO: Iran protesters refuse to trample US and Israeli flags painted in their path

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/video-iran-protesters-refuse-to-trample-us-and-israeli-flags-painted-in-their-path/

American Military News by  Theresa Braine 1/13/2020

As protests swept Iran after its downing of a Ukrainian passenger plane last week, demonstrators pointedly walked around the U.S. and Israeli flags painted at the entranceway to Shahid Beheshti University campus, refusing to trample them.

The move was an apparent show of defiance against Iran’s government, reported BBC News, as the flags are put there on purpose to encourage pedestrians to disrespect them by treading on them.

“The flags were painted on the ground so that those walking along the route would thereby insult both countries — which Iran considers staunch enemies,” BBC News said.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline TomSea

« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2020, 03:07:52 am »
Canada getting access to black boxes from downed Ukrainian airliner - but role in investigation still unclear

'We do not yet fully know what the scope of our role will be,' says the TSB's Kathy Fox.
Peter Zimonjic · CBC News

More: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tsb-briefing-downed-plane-investigation-1.5425174
Nazee Moinian: Trump 'understands that empowering the Iranian people may be the answer'
By Victor Garcia | Fox News

Nazee Moinian, a former consultant on Iran at the Council on Foreign Relations, appeared on "The Story with Martha MacCallum" Monday to discuss the protests in that country and President Trump's impact in the region.

"The Iranian protesters have had enough of this. They don't want less. They don't want more. They want out," Moinian said. "They don't want this regime to represent them. Actually, this regime does not represent the people."

Anti-government protests have roiled Iran since Saturday, with thousands of demonstrators calling for a regime change and chanting “death to the dictator” after the government's reluctant admission that it shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane.   

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/iranian-scholar-says-trump-understands-that-empowering-the-iranian-people-may-be-the-answer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2020, 12:09:56 pm »
US troops describe ‘miraculous’ escape at Iraqi base attacked by Iran
Reuters, Ain Al-Assad Air Base, Iraq Tuesday, 14 January 2020

Troops at the Iraqi air base that bore the brunt of Iran’s first direct missile attack against US forces said they were shocked by its intensity and grateful to emerge unscathed.

The scale of the damage at the Ain al-Assad base showed Iran’s destructive capability at a time when US officials say they are still concerned that Iran-backed groups across the region could wage attacks on the United States.

“It’s miraculous no one was hurt,” Lt Col Staci Coleman, the US air force officer who runs the airfield, told reporters on Monday at the vast base deep in the western Anbar desert in Iraq, where 1,500 Americans were deployed.

Read more at: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2020/01/14/US-troops-describe-miraculous-escape-at-Iraqi-base-attacked-by-Iran.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2020, 01:51:43 pm »
Just think how the narrative and direction of this event would have changed if there would have been American casualties.

I don't believe in Angels...   But......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2020, 02:56:48 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2020, 02:58:57 pm »

Anti-government protests have roiled Iran since Saturday, with thousands of demonstrators calling for a regime change and chanting “death to the dictator” after the government's reluctant admission that it shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane.   

@TomSea

It just doesn't get any plainer than that,does it?

I can already hear the Dims screaming about how Trump is destroying foreign governments. The collapse of the Iranian fundie government will not only cost prominent Dims to lose billions in kickbacks,but will also be a major setback to their goal of a worldwide revolution that would lead to One World Government,Inc,under their control.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2020, 03:05:21 pm »
Just think how the narrative and direction of this event would have changed if there would have been American casualties.

I don't believe in Angels...   But......

@catfish1957

Trump would have struck back,and I strongly suspect the citizens know this,and it is a large part of the reason why they are so fed up and demanding changes.

And of course the Dims will be screaming about how Trump is starting wars and terrifying people because he just refuses to go along with the wishes of Allah.