Author Topic: Rand Paul: 'Diplomacy is dead now in the Middle East with Iran' after Soleimani killing  (Read 2037 times)

Offline libertybele

I expected as much from Rand who I think is a good Senator domestically, but foreign policy wise, not so much.

Rand Paul: 'Diplomacy is dead now in the Middle East with Iran' after Soleimani killing

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., called into "Your World with Neil Cavuto" Friday to discuss the deadly airstrike that killed Iranian general Qassem Soleimani in Iraq, saying he fears an "escalation" between the U.S. and Iran.

"I think without a declaration of war, without Congress and the American people behind it, what you get is a messy mission. You get a mission of escalating intermittent violence," Paul told Cavuto. "The president said he didn't want perpetual war in the Middle East. But he's adding more and more troops. If you don't want perpetual war, you don't keep sending more targets over there."

Paul believes it is more likely that "Iran, their militias and their proxies will attack the U.S." following the death of Soleimani.

President Trump accused the Iranian general of planning “imminent and sinister attacks” Friday in his first televised remarks since the airstrike that killed the general at Baghdad's international airport.

"We took action last night to stop a war,” Trump said during brief remarks at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. “We did not take action to start a war.”..........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-paul-says-diplomacy-is-dead-now-in-the-middle-east-with-iran-fears-escalation
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He is no better than a delusional 60s Peacenick

People like Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan knew that Peae is obtained by taking very firm, hard stands.

Sometimes that means making the enemhy die, as Patton opined.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're just now figuring that out, Rand?  While I've been happy with you as a Senator, sometimes you sound as clueless as your old man, who was also on the Twit last night exposing his brilliance.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:26:14 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Diplomacy with Iran was killed in 1979. What Obama did wasn't diplomacy, it was funding terrorism.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

Offline Victoria33

"I think without a declaration of war, without Congress and the American people behind it, what you get is a messy mission. You get a mission of escalating intermittent violence," Paul told Cavuto. "The president said he didn't want perpetual war in the Middle East. But he's adding more and more troops. If you don't want perpetual war, you don't keep sending more targets over there."

Paul believes it is more likely that "Iran, their militias and their proxies will attack the U.S." following the death of Soleimani.

The above is exactly what I think.  An attack will happen in the United States.
Killing this general would not stop an already planned attack on our people over there.  I do not think there was any planned attack, but saying it, gave Trump what he wanted to kill another bad guy.  He wants to kill individuals so he can take credit as the big guy who kills other big guys, making him the biggest guy who gets applause for killing guys.  Malignant Narcissism.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:50:53 am by Victoria33 »

Offline mountaineer

Well, duh. They're going to attack us no matter what. We could leave them alone for 20 years, give them a ton of money (e.g., Obama), kiss their sandy rear ends and they'd still attack us. They're nuts and they're just bad people.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Killing this general would not stop an already planned attack on our people over there.  I do not think there was any planned attack, but saying it, gave Trump what he wanted to kill another bad guy.  He wants to kill individuals so he can take credit as the big guy who kills other big guys, making him the biggest guy who gets applause for killing guys.  Malignant Narcissism.

Malignant Narcissism.

uh huh

1. A Malignant Narcissist takes out another Malignant Narcissist. Tit for tat and leave it at that.

2. Nice shot, man.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rand Paul:
'Diplomacy is dead now in the Middle East with Iran' after Soleimani killing

Fishrrman to Rand Paul:
There never WAS any "diplomacy" to be had with Iran.
Except, perhaps, coming in on the warhead end of a cruise missile.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There was diplomacy before?

I was under the impression they were constantly throwing threats our way,and we were begging them not to.

What did I miss?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Malignant Narcissism.

uh huh

1. A Malignant Narcissist takes out another Malignant Narcissist. Tit for tat and leave it at that.

2. Nice shot, man.

@bigheadfred

So,killing that insane murderous booger was a BAD thing?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There was diplomacy before?

I was under the impression they were constantly throwing threats our way,and we were begging them not to.

What did I miss?

@sneakypete

You missed nothing.  That is what passes for "diplomacy" under O'Bastard, when Hillarious and Skerry were calling the shots.  Iran just learned there's new management that they'll likely have to deal with for another 5 years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@bigheadfred

I know Freddy, and I don't think that's what he meant....
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

Well yeah sorta kinda. Bad things happen to bad people.

But not bad, not bad at all.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I disagree with you, although I agree there's a likelihood there will be an attack in the U.S.   This was a targeted and measured response,  against a shadowy operator who has sown chaos in the area for years,  apparently orchestrated the attack on the U.S. embassy and (last year) bombed Saudi oil installations in an attempt to rupture the world economy.   This was a message sent to the Iranian government, without affecting the lives of the Iranian people,  unlike what a strike on Iranian oil facilities would do as advocated by some including Lindsay Graham.   

This can and should be interpreted as tit for tat and a spur to serious negotiations.   If it does not turn out that way,  that will be the Iranians' choice.  This was an astonishing feat of American intelligence and military skill.   I have to believe that the Iranian understand the seriousness of our intent, and the tools at our disposal.       
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 11:04:07 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
  I have to believe that the Iranian understand the seriousness of our intent, and the tools at our disposal.     

@Jazzhead

Not to  mention the fact that there is a new sheriff in town.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Jazzhead

Not to  mention the fact that there is a new sheriff in town.

Until now, bad actors all over the world have been waiting for the Impeachment the Rats promised them. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I like that!

Sadly it is true that we are not finished in the ME.  I want our troops home just as much as anyone but I was critical of Trump on Syria.  Now I applaud him for this action taking out the Iranian terrorist.  Obama was wrong to bring home the troops too early and it is evident in Iran's hold in Iraq now.

But this thing with Rand Paul is no surprise.  He is anti war.  Well, so am I but believe that it is necessary.  This was necessary.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Until now, bad actors all over the world have been waiting for the Impeachment the Rats promised them.

I don't think that is fair.  In October Trump was the antiwar lets get out of Syria guy.  Then he sends more in.  I remember that conversation here.  Many were saying that Trump promised to bring home our troops.  They were giving Paul praise for his antiwar stance also.

I have not changed.  I support war and military strikes to defend our allies and protect our interests in the ME. 

And speaking of bad actors:

https://www.nordicmonitor.com/2019/10/top-erdogans-aides-probed-for-irgc-quds-force-links-in-a-hushed-up-probe/

And honestly I can't remember what your stance was on the Syria pull out that gave Erdogan green light.  But a whole lot of bad actors liked that also.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:18:02 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I personally don't care what Trumps motive is.  It could be wag the dog and I wouldn't care.  This sends a message to Iran that they needed to hear.  Trump saying he was going to bring everyone home is about as great as Obama doing it. 

Our men and women sacrificed for this country in Iraq.  Not so that Iran could become more powerful in the ME and make another country into their very own terrorist U.S. hating country.  At the expense of good American men and women who fought for a better Iraq than Saddam. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I like that!

Sadly it is true that we are not finished in the ME.  I want our troops home just as much as anyone but I was critical of Trump on Syria.  Now I applaud him for this action taking out the Iranian terrorist.  Obama was wrong to bring home the troops too early and it is evident in Iran's hold in Iraq now.

But this thing with Rand Paul is no surprise.  He is anti war.  Well, so am I but believe that it is necessary.  This was necessary.
His actions in Syria led to the chaos that was exploited to get Al-Baghdadi, lest we forget.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

His actions in Syria led to the chaos that was exploited to get Al-Baghdadi, lest we forget.

Nope, not forgetting.  That Al-Baghdadi was in a Turkey protection zone for all that time.

Breitbart:

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/10/28/kurds-al-baghdadi-operation-a-month-late-due-to-turkish-aggression/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 03:25:06 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline DB

If Iran kills on US soil Iran will be finished for good. Iran has gotten away with far too much for far too long. No nation building this time. Just annihilation of its military and government.

Offline DB

Rand Paul:
'Diplomacy is dead now in the Middle East with Iran' after Soleimani killing

Fishrrman to Rand Paul:
There never WAS any "diplomacy" to be had with Iran.
Except, perhaps, coming in on the warhead end of a cruise missile.

Diplomacy through other means...