Author Topic: Protesters rally against Trump in multiple cities on eve of impeachment vote  (Read 399 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Protesters rally against Trump in multiple cities on eve of impeachment vote
By Rachel Frazin - 12/17/19 09:18 PM EST

Protesters rallied against President Trump in dozens of U.S. cities on Tuesday night, hours before an expected House vote to impeach the president.

A group of left-wing organizations such as the Women's March and MoveOn were among those supporting the hundreds of rallies, dubbed "Nobody Is Above the Law."

Most of the demonstrations were slated to begin Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. local time. A website for the events said that 200,000 people planned to attend the events.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/475023-protesters-rally-against-trump-in-multiple-cities-on-eve-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

To be fair there was a counter-protest by Trump supporters in Pittsburgh. 

This is partly why this whole impeachment thing feels like a manufactured, reality tv drama  where everyone on both sides, including Trump, plays a part.  Seems to me they are all looking for some political advantage or an advancement of some cause.  So while all these people on every side get to put on their frowny faces and yap before cameras and microphones -- and Trump gets to exercise his Twitter thumbs -- nothing significant and good for this country is done.   

The only thing that was done was passing yet another spending spree bill.  No time to put together a real budget. But then again, neither Republicans nor Democrats really want to be constrained by a firm budget.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nobody is Above the Law (except the FBI/CIA, Obama, Clinton and her whole cadre of criminals)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Nobody is Above the Law (except the FBI/CIA, Obama, Clinton and her whole cadre of criminals)

Trump fans love to carry on about Clinton, but why didnt they demand of their hero that he investigate her and her activities?  Seems to me candidate Trump said he was going to, but then President Trump declined to do so.  Why was he not called out on his broken promise?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
We're all just tribes now.   To paraphrase Paul Simon, we hear what we want to hear, and disregard the rest.

I was speaking with a colleague yesterday and the subject of impeachment came up,  and I ventured the point that the Dems' impeachment fever had ironically unified Republicans in support of a man they might otherwise oppose.   She shrieked at me that Trump was a criminal guilty of bribery, and I responded why was what Trump did any different than what Biden did as Vice President in explicitly holding Ukrainian aid hostage until they fired that prosecutor,  and she replied she had no knowledge of that incident. 

Well now.  We get our news from different sources,  and each is biased and insular.   Unless we make the effort,  we have no idea of the basis of the other side's position.   That it just might be rooted in principle too, not hate, bigotry and isolation. 

And here we are on the verge of 2020,  tearing at each other's throats in anger and willful ignorance.   This is the saddest I've ever felt this close to Christmastime.   

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 01:53:18 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

We're all just tribes now.   To paraphrase Paul Simon, we hear what we want to hear, and disregard the rest.

I was speaking with a colleague yesterday and the subject of impeachment came up,  and I ventured the point that the Dems' impeachment fever had ironically unified Republicans in support of a man they might otherwise oppose.   She shrieked at me that Trump was a criminal guilty of bribery, and I responded why was what Trump did any different than what Biden did as Vice President in explicitly holding Ukrainian aid hostage until they fired that prosecutor,  and she replied she had no knowledge of that incident. 

Well now.  We get our news from different sources,  and each is biased and insular.   Unless we make the effort,  we have no idea of the basis of the other side's position.   That it just might be rooted in principle too, not hate, bigotry and isolation. 

And here we are on the verge of 2020,  tearing at each other's throats in anger and willful ignorance.   This is the saddest I've ever felt this close to Christmastime.   

The MSM has certainly done a gross disservice to this country.  I have made it a point to listen to conservative talk radio for short periods of time, peruse the conservative websites as well as the websites of CNN, MSNBC, etc.  There is without question a distinct conflict in the news reports coming from more conservative news sources vs. liberal news sources.

So the American public is pitted against one another more strongly than ever before.  IMHO stronger than even race relations.  Each side seems to have blinders on and believes that there side is without blame, fault or corruption.  Quite the opposite is true.

I don't know how many average Joe's actually sat and watched the hearings in the House rather than just read the recaps that have been reported.  How many realize that most testimony given was based on hearsay without actual evidence.  When has it become o.k. to allow someone to be accused without meeting their accuser ... I could go on, but the point is I would say the majority of the American public bases their 'opinion' on the 'recaps' that the media has provided; each swayed heavily in their opinion.  I sit and listen to the remarks of McConnell and Graham who have already announced their 'opinion' and the commentaries from the conservative talk hosts already stating that there is no way that the impeachment will succeed.  This kind of 'journalism?' has been going on since the day Trump took office.

On this @Jazzhead we fully agree; this is the saddest that I have ever felt for our country at Christmastime.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
On this @Jazzhead we fully agree; this is the saddest that I have ever felt for our country at Christmastime.

Merry Christmas, @libertybele.    As we prepare to celebrate the birth of the Light of This World,  I weep at what we have willfully done to ourselves and our Shining City.   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 02:36:53 pm by Jazzhead »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump fans love to carry on about Clinton, but why didnt they demand of their hero that he investigate her and her activities?  Seems to me candidate Trump said he was going to, but then President Trump declined to do so.  Why was he not called out on his broken promise?
He has been, many times in many ways. We were all severely confused and disappointed when he said, 'She's been through enough.' That was beyond bizarre. Nobody I know understood it? But he was still dealing with the 'Old entrenched Guard' at the time, as well as the feckless useless Mr. Magoo Sessions a.k.a. Sgt. Schultz, as well as Hillary acolyte Rosenstein.

President Trump could have ordered or at least pushed a Clinton investigation, but at that time Obama/Clinton still had all their appointees in key positions everywhere. And Trump was still trying to not make too many waves to ingratiate himself with them (which was a stupid lost cause doomed from the start).

But yes. Regardless of his campaign, as soon as he got into office he seemed to back off the LOCK HER UP promise. And his pick of Sessions as AG was a complete disaster. Sessions is not a Democrat or a Republican. He is a member of the 'Sessions Party', which means he is a nothing. No convictions. No affiliations. Just vapor person. A ghost employee.

Maybe I am being naive, but I believe if Trump could do it all over with what he knows now, things would be much different. At least I hope it would be. Trump made a lot of mistakes. Everyone has a learning curve with a new job.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Night Hides Not

I feel your pain, Jazz. Apparently, there was an impeachment rally in our 'burb yesterday afternoon. It wasn't so long ago that Ted Cruz won the vote here with upwards of 70%. Demographics have drastically changed over the last ten years.

Since I retired two years ago, I've basically gone Galt when it comes to politics. Seems like you can't have a reasonable conversation with anyone: 1/3 are virulently pro-Trump, 1/3 are virulently negative-Trump, and the remaining 1/3 (of us) are weary of the battle.

My wife always warns me to not say anything against Trump before attending a family gathering, because of the hornet's nest that will be stirred up. Wow...to think that when I joined the family 35 years ago, they were liberals. They apparently hadn't heard conservative principles explained to them before I came along.

I haven't completely checked out...I'm continually educating my children and grandson, that will never stop.

While 99% of the country will be focused on the impeachment vote today, I will be celebrating today. North Carolina will be playing Gonzaga in Spokane tonight, an event I never dreamed possible since I matriculated to GU in September of 1972. Incredibly, the Zags are 10 point favorites for tonight's game, as UNC has been hit by injuries to key players.

Gonzaga is currently ranked #2, just a snapshot taken during a long season. We enjoyed our trip last month to College Station, where the Zags beat A&M by about 30 points. After the game, my grandson met his favorite Zag for the first time, Killian Tillie. We enjoyed talking to other players and their friends and family, as 3 current Zags hail from North Texas.

Back to politics...using history as a guide, the Democrats will be punished at the polls next year, just as the Pubbies lost electorally after the Clinton impeachment. If re-elected, I have no doubt Trump will use his second term to settle political scores, where he will surely be supported by his base. In that vein, I'm reminded of the trench warfare seen during WWI, and its after effects. IMO, our political trench warfare is sending us to a 30+ trillion dollar debt, and a neverending array of continuing resolutions, and the kabuki theatre they engender.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 02:44:31 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Merry Christmas to you, too,  @Night Hides Not