Author Topic: Report: Barr warns Trump that Giuliani has become a liability for the administration  (Read 411 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Report: Barr warns Trump that Giuliani has become a liability for the administration

But since the start of the administration, his actions have caused persistent alarm among Trump’s advisers, who worry that it is often not clear who Giuliani is representing — the president, his private clients or his own foreign policy views — in his meetings at the White House and in foreign cities, according to people familiar with the concerns who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal discussions…

Federal prosecutors in New York are scrutinizing Giuliani’s business ties to the men and his consulting business as part of a broad probe, according to people familiar with the investigation.

In several conversations in recent months, Attorney General William P. Barr has counseled Trump in general terms that Giuliani has become a liability and a problem for the administration, according to multiple people familiar with the conversations. In one discussion, the attorney general warned the president that he was not being well-served by his lawyer, one person with knowledge of the episode said.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/12/report-barr-warns-trump-giuliani-become-liability-administration/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 And just how big a liability would Rudy be in the eyes of the public if Trump were to suddenly fire him with no adequate reason given?

All it would do would be to play into the hands of the Dims who have been claiming that Rudy and Trump were corrupt the whole time,and Trump only fired him to hide his own guilt.

You do NOT win battles by pleasing your enemy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Rudy has made too many stumbles at this point to remain as an official lawyer to Trump.

Trump would be right at this point to cut him loose.  Because when this round of the impeachment farce is over they will go after Rudy to try and get at Trump (again).
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Rudy has made too many stumbles at this point to remain as an official lawyer to Trump.

Trump would be right at this point to cut him loose.  Because when this round of the impeachment farce is over they will go after Rudy to try and get at Trump (again).

@txradioguy

I disagree. The Dims will be shouting from the rooftops that this is PROOF that their charges were true,and that Trump was just trying to get "distance" from it to hide his own guilt."

Reduce his public profile,yeah.

Fire him after the election?,you bet!  Trump just can't fire  him right now without creating a PR nightmare just before the election.

Offline Applewood

And just how big a liability would Rudy be in the eyes of the public if Trump were to suddenly fire him with no adequate reason given?

All it would do would be to play into the hands of the Dims who have been claiming that Rudy and Trump were corrupt the whole time,and Trump only fired him to hide his own guilt.

You do NOT win battles by pleasing your enemy.

@sneakypete

From where I sit, Rudy is pleasing the enemy by his words and deeds.  Every word out of his mouth has become cringeworthy.  Why does he keep going on talk shows and saying stuff?  As Trump's lawyer, he should be keeping his yap shut and advising his client to do the same. 

And I just read he was recently back in the Ukraine.  Why go there while your client is under investigation for alleged improprieties involving the Ukraine?  I don't see the sense of it.  Seems he is inviting more trouble. 

My opinion, for what little it's worth, would be that Rudy should stay in the background.  He can continue to advise his client and do much of the legal work, but away from the public.  If a spokesperson for the legal team is needed, put someone else out front, not Rudy.

And for God' sake, stay the hell out of the Ukraine.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@Applewood

My opinion, for what little it's worth, would be that Rudy should stay in the background.

That is my opinion also,and IMHO,that should have been demanded when this thing first started to blow up.

He can continue to advise his client and do much of the legal work, but away from the public.

AMEN!

If a spokesperson for the legal team is needed, put someone else out front, not Rudy.

Yup,he can and SHOULD do all that,but right now he just can't afford to fire him because it would be seen by the general public/undecided voters that the  Dims were telling the truth.

This doesn't mean that he can't fire him after the election,though. In fact,he should.

And for God' sake, stay the hell out of the Ukraine.

Trump can't really do that because Rudy has other contracts and contacts in Ukraine. I suspect that is one reason Trump hired him.

Trump CAN order him to shut up about anything connected to his case,and that's about it. For the time being,anyway.

Offline Applewood

@sneakypete

Trump can't really do that because Rudy has other contracts and contacts in Ukraine. I suspect that is one reason Trump hired him.

On that point, I respectfully disagree.  If anything has to be done on matters other than those related to this impeachment, it should be done on the QT.  Can they talk by phone?  Or if someone has to be there in person, is there someone under the radar who can go there instead? 

You know everyone -- the Democrats and the media -- are watching every move they make.  Not to mention the fact that the White House leaks like a sieve.  It's really in the interests of all involved -- Rudy and Trump included -- to lay low. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

On that point, I respectfully disagree.  If anything has to be done on matters other than those related to this impeachment, it should be done on the QT.  Can they talk by phone?  Or if someone has to be there in person, is there someone under the radar who can go there instead? 

You know everyone -- the Democrats and the media -- are watching every move they make.  Not to mention the fact that the White House leaks like a sieve.  It's really in the interests of all involved -- Rudy and Trump included -- to lay low.

@Applewood 

Hey! Don't get me wrong. I am not,and never have been a fan of Rudy. I'm also not a fan of giving the Dims a victory by SEEMING to admit they were right about the Rudy/Trump accussations they have made.

IMHO,the ideal situation given what we are dealing with would be for Trump to tell Rudy to just not go to Ukraine until after the election. He can't make him not go without doing something like pulling his passport,though.

Rudy has other clients in Ukraine,and there is nothing that can be done about that.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood 

Hey! Don't get me wrong. I am not,and never have been a fan of Rudy. I'm also not a fan of giving the Dims a victory by SEEMING to admit they were right about the Rudy/Trump accussations they have made.

IMHO,the ideal situation given what we are dealing with would be for Trump to tell Rudy to just not go to Ukraine until after the election. He can't make him not go without doing something like pulling his passport,though.

Rudy has other clients in Ukraine,and there is nothing that can be done about that.

That's what I'm talking about.  Of course, don't deal with the Ukraine in anything involved in the impeachment.  But Rudy should keep his personal contact with anyone in the Ukraine even on non-impeachment matters to a minimum until this impeachment thing is over. 

No, I don't want Trump to fire him or to do something like pulling his passport to prevent Rudy from traveling tom the Ukraine.   But Rudy, who always had this image of being a savvy lawyer, has to know that going anywhere near the Ukraine is a bad idea right now.  That he doesn't seem to know this makes me nervous.  Ok, Rudy has other clients and business in the Ukraine and Trump can't prevent him from doing business there.  But it seems to me that if Rudy was as smart as he is reputed to be, he would do what I said before -- conduct business by phone or, if necessary, send an associate.  And he should discuss this with his other clients -- let them know he can' be in the Ukraine right now and this is how it has to be.  I should think his other clients would understand.. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

No, I don't want Trump to fire him or to do something like pulling his passport to prevent Rudy from traveling tom the Ukraine.   But Rudy, who always had this image of being a savvy lawyer, has to know that going anywhere near the Ukraine is a bad idea right now.  That he doesn't seem to know this makes me nervous.

@Applewood

Rudy is,and always has been an attention whore. He's not going to change. Not ever.