Author Topic: November 5, 2019 General Election Thread  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: November 5, 2019 General Election Thread
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2019, 04:19:35 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2019, 04:21:13 am »
It began with GOP party leaders openly supporting a 3rd party candidate over Oliver North in 1994.

That didn't help.  But eight years of Clinton and eight years of Obama left behind a treasure trove of liberals who grew accustomed to the place and their government jobs.  The immigration policies of the past sixteen years have also helped to alter the voting patterns of the Commonwealth.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2019, 04:22:07 am »
KY Election is not over yet.  It's in auto-recount territory, last I saw.  Sure, it looks bad, but it's not over 'til it's over.  I have a couple of baseballs and mitts with that inscription, signed by Yogi.

I agree it’s not over. Percentage wise it’s a tie.  I’m praying Bevin pulls it out against Beshear and the Democrats machine and the NT’s/Populists/Radical Libertarians happy that 2% of the vote was siphoned away that could have ensured Bevin’s victory.

Kinda like the so called Conservatives rooting for Trump’s impeachment. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:23:19 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2019, 04:28:27 am »
I agree it’s not over. Percentage wise it’s a tie.  I’m praying Bevin pulls it out against Beshear and the Democrats machine and the NT’s/Populists/Radical Libertarians happy that 2% of the vote was siphoned away that could have ensured Bevin’s victory.

Kinda like the so called Conservatives rooting for Trump’s impeachment. 

I feel your pain...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2019, 04:33:47 am »
Trump held his rally last night in Fayette County.  The crowds were amazing. Lines were blocks long.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2019, 05:07:25 am »
Grassroots Republicans @GOP_Grassroots
·
26m
Republicans have broken the Democratic supermajority in the New Jersey State Assembly.

Way to go GOP!!! :patriot:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2019, 06:29:51 am »
Good News for us here in Texas. Prop 4 passed for a  Constitutional Amendment requiring (1) 2/3 of senate, and (2) Majority of voters to ever invoke an income tax here.  Desperately needed as the flux of immigrants from California continues.  Measure passed 76% to 24%.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/politics/november-2019-bexar-county-texas-election-results/273-b6a92ac2-16b6-44d3-a6cb-659de139e2b3
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2019, 12:26:53 pm »
Actually no he wasn’t. Beshear is an old school corrupt Dem like his daddy was. Three cities/counties delivered for him. 

But right now it’s 49-49%. There’s a run off in the near future.
You're the only one saying anything about a runoff. I don't think Kentucky has a runoff system.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2019, 12:46:43 pm »
3 takeaways from Tuesday's elections in Kentucky, Virginia and Mississippi

Democrats were celebrating Tuesday night, while President Donald Trump and Republicans were left to explain why they were behind in one of the reddest states in the nation.
In Kentucky, Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear declared victory Tuesday night over Republican Gov. Matt Bevin, holding onto a 0.4 percentage point lead with all precincts reporting as Bevin said he would not concede. Trump had tried to bolster Bevin, holding a rally with him Monday night in Kentucky and telling the state's GOP voters that the race's outcome would be seen as a reflection on him. .................

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/politics/2019-election-takeaways-kentucky-virginia-mississippi/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2019, 01:18:52 pm »

<snip>

Bevin seems to have lost for three reasons:

One as the Washington Post notes, he only got into office four years ago by a thin 85,000-vote margin. So he was on thin ice all through his term and didn't work to increase his support.

Two, he had a third party challenge. Sen. Rand Paul is a popular Senator in Kentucky and on that ground alone, his libertarian allies managed to run a third-party candidate that won 2% of the vote. Had they not, Bevin might have pulled through.

Three, and this seems to have been the big one: Bevin wasn't popular. A poll that ran in April had him ranked as the least popular governor in all 50 states. [...]  Bottom line, he shouldn't have been the candidate.

Now, for sure, the Democrats are going to be emboldened in their impeach-Trump and retake Congress and the White House plan by this incident. That's going to give them energy, which isn't a good thing.

But it seems to be an isolated incident, given that most candidates endorsed by Trump have run away with victory. In Mississippi, Republicans won by a large margin. In Kentucky, Republicans made gains, too, and it was only the Republican governor who lost.

According to the WaPo, the Republicans picked up the state Attorney General's seat, finding a good candidate in a black conservative. The mistake was in running Bevin. A Trump endorsement is a mighty thing, but it can't do a thing for a weak candidate.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/11/message_from_kentucky_strong_candidates_matter.html

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:19:45 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2019, 01:28:23 pm »
@Polly Ticks whats your take on this mess in our state?

@txradioguy
My take is that a very good man and a very good Governor has apparently been taken down, primarily by the fiasco with the teachers union.  Beshear-1 helped create that mess; I can't imagine that Beshear-2 will do anything but make it worse.   **nononono*  I'm glad Bevin has called for the recount given the minuscule margin, but we all know how those tend to go.

I also agree with those who say that yesterday's Governor's race has absolutely no bearing as a predictor for the election next year.  This was a prime example of the 'all politics are local' adage.  In fact, the rest of the down-ticket Republicans won pretty easily.  Including Adams' defeat of Dem Heather French Henry for Secretary of State, and there are at least a few normally reliably conservative former military men who voted for her solely because of her veterans advocacy.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2019, 01:40:45 pm »
3 takeaways from Tuesday's elections in Kentucky, Virginia and Mississippi

Democrats were celebrating Tuesday night, while President Donald Trump and Republicans were left to explain why they were behind in one of the reddest states in the nation.
In Kentucky, Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear declared victory Tuesday night over Republican Gov. Matt Bevin, holding onto a 0.4 percentage point lead with all precincts reporting as Bevin said he would not concede. Trump had tried to bolster Bevin, holding a rally with him Monday night in Kentucky and telling the state's GOP voters that the race's outcome would be seen as a reflection on him. .................

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/politics/2019-election-takeaways-kentucky-virginia-mississippi/index.html

Everyone is trying to say that Trump "dragged Bevin across the finish line" and that's just not the case.  Bevin and Beshear were neck and neck in the polls about where the vote ended up last night before Trump ever set a foot in the Commonwealth.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2019, 01:42:37 pm »
Everyone is trying to say that Trump "dragged Bevin across the finish line" and that's just not the case.  Bevin and Beshear were neck and neck in the polls about where the vote ended up last night before Trump ever set a foot in the Commonwealth.

Exactly right.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2019, 01:44:05 pm »
@txradioguy
My take is that a very good man and a very good Governor has apparently been taken down, primarily by the fiasco with the teachers union.  Beshear-1 helped create that mess; I can't imagine that Beshear-2 will do anything but make it worse.   **nononono*  I'm glad Bevin has called for the recount given the minuscule margin, but we all know how those tend to go.

I also agree with those who say that yesterday's Governor's race has absolutely no bearing as a predictor for the election next year.  This was a prime example of the 'all politics are local' adage.  In fact, the rest of the down-ticket Republicans won pretty easily.  Including Adams' defeat of Dem Heather French Henry for Secretary of State, and there are at least a few normally reliably conservative former military men who voted for her solely because of her veterans advocacy.

@Polly Ticks

You're right about Beshear creating the mess that he then sued the Governor over as the AG for the Commonwealth.  He was positioning for this race as far back as 2016.  I'm praying this recount goes Bevin's way.  He's a good man...a good Governor that's up against a corrupt politician in Andy Beshear and all the public sector unions that back him.  If it weren't for three counties IMHO...this wouldn't have even been close.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2019, 01:47:16 pm »
The Trump 2020 Campaign signaled Tuesday night that if GOP incumbent Gov. Matt Bevin ends up losing Kentucky's too-close-to-call gubernatorial race, it won't have been from President Trump's lack of trying.

'“The President just about dragged Gov. Matt Bevin across the finish line, helping him run stronger than expected in what turned into a very close race at the end,” Brad Parscale, manager of the president's reelection effort wrote in a statement. “A final outcome remains to be seen.”

Trump campaign appears to distance itself from Bevin as Kentucky race goes down to wire
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-appears-to-distance-itself-from-bevin-as-kentucky-race-goes-down-wire
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2019, 02:29:45 pm »
I'm praying this recount goes Bevin's way.  He's a good man...a good Governor ...

Agreed, and agreed!
He has atcually governed as a conservative, making strides for both the unborn and for 2A. 

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2019, 03:31:51 pm »
Trump campaign appears to distance itself from Bevin as Kentucky race goes down to wire
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-appears-to-distance-itself-from-bevin-as-kentucky-race-goes-down-wire

@mystery-ak

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Our big Kentucky Rally on Monday night had a massive impact on all of the races. The increase in Governors race was at least 15 points, and maybe 20! Will be in Louisiana for @EddieRispone on Wednesday night. Big Rally!

9:15 PM - 5 Nov 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1191947091461001216

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2019, 03:36:22 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

A lot of winning in Kentucky. Check out the numbers.

Eyewitness News‏
Verified accountï‚™ @wchs8fox11 

The Kentucky gubernatorial race is still too close to call, but you can see the results of the other races here --> http://bit.ly/2yWHuRD  #KyElection

Video at link:

https://twitter.com/wchs8fox11/status/1191937581711265794

8:56 PM - 5 Nov 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1191942342879666178

Online Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2019, 03:37:37 pm »
Agreed, and agreed!
He has atcually governed as a conservative, making strides for both the unborn and for 2A.

It is a shame that there is no Conservative GOP to back him up.  McConnell is probably relieved that Bevin lost.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2019, 04:07:00 pm »
It is a shame that there is no Conservative GOP to back him up.  McConnell is probably relieved that Bevin lost.

He was so proud when he announced conservatives and TEA-Party are dead and buried.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2019, 07:22:56 pm »
He was so proud when he announced conservatives and TEA-Party are dead and buried.

Turtle has done more to help bury and marginalize the TEA Party and Conservatives on the Hill than all the Democrats combined.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2019, 07:24:34 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Our big Kentucky Rally on Monday night had a massive impact on all of the races. The increase in Governors race was at least 15 points, and maybe 20!

He was completely clueless about what was going on in Kentucky before his rally.  This tweet proves it.  He trying to take credit for something he didn't do.