Author Topic: Prosecutors say Giuliani associates were trying to leave the country with one-way tickets when arres  (Read 1014 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prosecutors say Giuliani associates were trying to leave the country with one-way tickets when arrested
By Zack Budryk - 10/10/19 02:28 PM EDT

Federal prosecutors said two associates of President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani were attempting to leave the U.S. when they were arrested Wednesday evening on campaign finance violation charges.

The two men, Soviet-born businessmen Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, were arrested Wednesday night at Washington Dulles International Airport in Virginia with one-way international tickets, prosecutors with the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York’s office said in a press conference Thursday afternoon.

“These allegations are not about some technicality, a civil violation or an error on a form,” William Sweeney, assistant director in charge at the FBI’s New York office, said at the press conference. “This investigation is about corrupt behavior [and] deliberate lawbreaking.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/465248-prosecutors-say-giuliani-associates-were-trying-to-leave-the-country
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Let's wait a few news cycles for the real information to start coming out.

Offline skeeter

Agree. In the meantime we can marvel at how justice always seems to be meted out in such a convenient manner for the rats and their media toads.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Were they "associates" of Mr. Guiliani or merely clients?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

WHAT??

No way....  where is the fun in that??

888mouth

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I suppose we could ‘wait a few news cycles’ or just listen to what the Trump appointed US attorney had to say about it, now....

Berman said this afternoon that the two men, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, illegally funneled hundreds of thousands of dollars in foreign money to a US political group identified in the indictment as "Committee-1."

"Parnas and Fruman contributed $325,000 to Committee-1. Now, this contribution was not made in their names. It was made in the name of a corporation that they set up, GEP, in order to hide that the true individuals behind the donation were Parnas and Fruman. The $325,000, one of the largest donations Committee-1 received ... in the indictment, we alleged that this was an illegal straw donor scheme," Berman said.

Berman went on to characterize the investigation as one about "corrupt behavior, deliberate law-breaking."

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-10-10-2019

Reached earlier today and asked about his associates, Giuliani said, "I can't comment at this point."

A new report from the Wall Street Journal claims that Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani had lunch with his two now-indicted henchmen at President Donald Trump’s hotel in Washington, D.C. just hours before they were arrested trying to flee the country.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/rudy-giuliani-had-lunch-with-his-ukraine-henchmen-at-trump-hotel-yesterday-just-hours-before-their-arrest-report/

I’ll bet he can’t. The guy to asked to root out corruption in Ukraine is linked to corruption. How ironic. Remember though, Rudy’s going to be the hero, in the end.

“It is impossible that the whistle-blower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons—when this is over, I will be the hero,” Giuliani told me.

“I’m not acting as a lawyer. I’m acting as someone who has devoted most of his life to straightening out government,” he continued, sounding out of breath. “Anything I did should be praised.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/09/giuliani-ukraine-trump-biden/598879/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
WHAT??

888mouth

Jumping to conclusions....It is the only exercise some people get around these parts.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
WHAT??

888mouth

She's just being a buzzkill.  Hey, WTH have you been?  Thought we lost you in Crash #4 earlier this week.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@edpc, thanks for pointing out the truth in what @Sanguine suggested.  CNN, Raw Story, The Atlantic.  Unbiased sources, all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

@edpc, thanks for pointing out the truth in what @Sanguine suggested.  CNN, Raw Story, The Atlantic.  Unbiased sources, all.

What, no patronizing ‘we got im now’...? You’re slipping.

Yes, biased source is reporting direct quotes from people and directly from the indictment. How horrible. Nobody made Giuliani talk to the Atlantic. Get a bleeping grip.

Offline EdJames

Jumping to conclusions....It is the only exercise some people get around these parts.

They must be fit as peacocks then....

333cleo

Offline aligncare

Were they "associates" of Mr. Guiliani or merely clients?   

Clients probably. But, associates who “were born in Russia” is how the radio announcer lead the story on WOR in New York.

So, I guess that would make them “Russian clients.”  The worst kind.

Impeach.

Offline EdJames

She's just being a buzzkill.  Hey, WTH have you been?  Thought we lost you in Crash #4 earlier this week.

Of course she is a buzzkill.... just look at that daguerreotype portrait of her sitting there.....

What happened to me is that in Crash #1 I tripped as the Sessions table in the database was being corrupted, fell face first onto the floor and was knocked unconscious.... went through the concussion protocol and wasn't cleared to post until Crash #3 was underway....  during Crash #4 I was nearly crushed to death by the Topics table falling to the ground.....  both legs pinned under the records....  barely able to breath....   if the "hero for our times" hadn't come along to dig me out, you guys would have been fighting about me with inappropriate posts in the Obituary thread at this point....

:silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course she is a buzzkill.... just look at that daguerreotype portrait of her sitting there.....

What happened to me is that in Crash #1 I tripped as the Sessions table in the database was being corrupted, fell face first onto the floor and was knocked unconscious.... went through the concussion protocol and wasn't cleared to post until Crash #3 was underway....  during Crash #4 I was nearly crushed to death by the Topics table falling to the ground.....  both legs pinned under the records....  barely able to breath....   if the "hero for our times" hadn't come along to dig me out, you guys would have been fighting about me with inappropriate posts in the Obituary thread at this point....

Oh, my, that sounds terrible...and dramatic.

And, yes, my middle name is "Buzzkill".  Odd that y'all would have figured that out.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

LMAO...love it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Statement from US Attorney Berman concerning the indictment and what he referred to as an ‘ongoing investigation’ into the foreign contribution scheme of Parnas and Furman.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They must be fit as peacocks then....

333cleo

Or fiddles! 

:cool:

Offline EdJames

Oh, my, that sounds terrible...and dramatic.

And, yes, my middle name is "Buzzkill".  Odd that y'all would have figured that out.

Dramatic happens to be one of my many middle names.

Speaking of a buzzkill, according to Strunk, that period belongs inside (contained within) the closing quotation mark.  (Same holds for true for any terminal punctuation.)

"Shut up!" she explained.

Offline EdJames

Or fiddles! 

:cool:

They be running around like hipsters with fiddle crabs up they board shorts on Panama Beach....

wink777

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Dramatic happens to be one of my many middle names.

Speaking of a buzzkill, according to Strunk, that period belongs inside (contained within) the closing quotation mark.  (Same holds for true for any terminal punctuation.)

"Shut up!" she explained.

I know, but it bugs me to do it that way. That implies that the period belongs to the quote, not the entire sentence.

Offline Wingnut

They be running around like hipsters with fiddle crabs up they board shorts on Panama Beach....

wink777

I saw one in a banana hammock last weekend.  I told my wife "Don't look"  But it was too late... she was already speedo'd!

I almost got used to skinny jeans.  But this is a step to far.

Offline EdJames

I know, but it bugs me to do it that way. That implies that the period belongs to the quote, not the entire sentence.

Sometimes it is boat, other times, knot.

Offline EdJames

I saw one in a banana hammock last weekend.  I told my wife "Don't look"  But it was too late... she was already speedo'd!

I almost got used to skinny jeans.  But this is a step to far.

It is really one step beyond....

Offline Wingnut

Reading me must drive you plumb crazy!