Author Topic: Prosecutors say Giuliani associates were trying to leave the country with one-way tickets when arres  (Read 1018 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It is really one step beyond....

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
 With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Of course she is a buzzkill.... just look at that daguerreotype portrait of her sitting there.....

What happened to me is that in Crash #1 I tripped as the Sessions table in the database was being corrupted, fell face first onto the floor and was knocked unconscious.... went through the concussion protocol and wasn't cleared to post until Crash #3 was underway....  during Crash #4 I was nearly crushed to death by the Topics table falling to the ground.....  both legs pinned under the records....  barely able to breath....   if the "hero for our times" hadn't come along to dig me out, you guys would have been fighting about me with inappropriate posts in the Obituary thread at this point....

:silly:

*look* I'll see you at the ballpark in about an hour @EdJames!   :yowsa:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:46:43 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What, no patronizing ‘we got im now’...? You’re slipping.

Yes, biased source is reporting direct quotes from people and directly from the indictment. How horrible. Nobody made Giuliani talk to the Atlantic. Get a bleeping grip.

"Got 'im now" is getting old...need fresher material.  I'm afraid I just don't jump when the press cracks the whip anymore.  Since the press never asks for comments from the the target anymore, I must wait until target can speak up for himself.  It's the hazards of living in an environment when there is no longer a press that does the old "5-Ws" approach to reporting.  That means I have to do the waiting for the full story, as the press used to do in the past.

Sue me.  How many times have I been burned because of incomplete stories in the Age of Trump?  You have caught me in that your own self, so now I am more cautious.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Of course she is a buzzkill.... just look at that daguerreotype portrait of her sitting there.....

What happened to me is that in Crash #1 I tripped as the Sessions table in the database was being corrupted, fell face first onto the floor and was knocked unconscious.... went through the concussion protocol and wasn't cleared to post until Crash #3 was underway....  during Crash #4 I was nearly crushed to death by the Topics table falling to the ground.....  both legs pinned under the records....  barely able to breath....   if the "hero for our times" hadn't come along to dig me out, you guys would have been fighting about me with inappropriate posts in the Obituary thread at this point....

:silly:

You know Crash #2 was my fault, right?  I checked a wrong box in the Admin settings....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

"Got 'im now" is getting old...need fresher material.  I'm afraid I just don't jump when the press cracks the whip anymore.  Since the press never asks for comments from the the target anymore, I must wait until target can speak up for himself.  It's the hazards of living in an environment when there is no longer a press that does the old "5-Ws" approach to reporting.  That means I have to do the waiting for the full story, as the press used to do in the past.

Sue me.  How many times have I been burned because of incomplete stories in the Age of Trump?  You have caught me in that your own self, so now I am more cautious.

You're wise beyond your years, CL. Too many axes being ground to go off half cocked anymore. The media - any media - has largely destroyed its own credibility - anyone who takes what they say at face value these days is more seeking validation for their own POV than they are searching for the truth.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:07:59 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And the fact that the target has found a way around their filter is driving them insane.  !! Just for you @edpc

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Got 'im now" is getting old...need fresher material.

I'm working on that as we speak.   Got to feed the trolls new stuff.  Publish or parish (church joke)!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know, but it bugs me to do it that way. That implies that the period belongs to the quote, not the entire sentence.

I have that same problem with the period/quotation mark issue.  I actually got into a bit of a discussion about it with my Honors English class back in college.  The word is meant to be in scare quotes alone, not part of the sentence!  At the end, do you know what happened?

"Shut up," she explained.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm working on that as we speak.   Got to feed the trolls new stuff.  Publish or parish (church joke)!

The Copyright ran out, so now I can't collect royalties on it, leaving me with just the popcorn concession to live on.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Well, if you’re going to harangue me for posting ‘biased sources,’ perhaps you want to take a shot at Myst for posting this thread, sourced with an article from The Hill. Perhaps I’m out of the loop and they’ve become conservative friendly, now?

I thought I made it clear as to why I post material other people generally wouldn’t, in our private exchange, the other day. Since it seems I have to reiterate things, I’m sick and effing tired of the snide BS and oblique comments. There are people that purposely troll, here. I’m not one of them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Let's wait a few news cycles for the real information to start coming out.

Really?

Next you'll want people to read the article before posting.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
*look* I'll see you at the ballpark in about an hour @EdJames!   :yowsa:

@Bigun

Let us salute to something that both Rays and Astros fans can fully agree: Let the game be won by the players on the field, with absolutely no stupidity from the damn umpires!!

:patriot:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Let us salute to something that both Rays and Astros fans can fully agree: Let the game be won by the players on the field, with absolutely no stupidity from the damn umpires!!

:patriot:

:amen: Absolutely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

I thought I made it clear as to why I post material other people generally wouldn’t, in our private exchange, the other day. Since it seems I have to reiterate things, I’m sick and effing tired of the snide BS and oblique comments. There are people that purposely troll, here. I’m not one of them.

personal insults removed...please stop!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:32:10 am by mystery-ak »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, if you’re going to harangue me for posting ‘biased sources,’ perhaps you want to take a shot at Myst for posting this thread, sourced with an article from The Hill. Perhaps I’m out of the loop and they’ve become conservative friendly, now?

I don't see much point in arguing about Angels dancing on a pin. This looks bad for Rudy, but I'll wait a bit before calling for frog marching.
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Dramatic happens to be one of my many middle names.

Speaking of a buzzkill, according to Strunk, that period belongs inside (contained within) the closing quotation mark.  (Same holds for true for any terminal punctuation.)

"Shut up!" she explained.

Screw Strunk, they didn't help us in Normandy.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Uh oh

I didn't help us in Normandy...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

My Pappy was too busy to help in Normandy. He was busy killing Japs in Iwo Jima.
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

I don't see much point in arguing about Angels dancing on a pin. This looks bad for Rudy, but I'll wait a bit before calling for frog marching.

Keep in mind the federal prosecutors in this case are SDNY. Can’t help but thinking that colors this story in some way.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have that same problem with the period/quotation mark issue.  I actually got into a bit of a discussion about it with my Honors English class back in college.  The word is meant to be in scare quotes alone, not part of the sentence!  At the end, do you know what happened?

"Shut up," she explained.

888high58888

Online Wingnut

My Pappy was too busy to help in Normandy. He was busy killing Japs in Iwo Jima.

My Grandpa was in the luftwaffe.  He took part in the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My Grandpa was in the luftwaffe.  He took part in the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

But was it over?  No!!!
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

But was it over?  No!!!

Nothing is over until we decide it is.