Author Topic: Obama Judge: Racial Diversity Demands Discriminating Against Asians  (Read 1765 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Judge: Racial Diversity Demands Discriminating Against Asians
Wed Oct 2, 2019 Daniel Greenfield

The Students for Fair Admissions case proved solidly and conclusively using civil rights metrics that Harvard discriminated against Asian students. The case was solid and Harvard's defense consisted of denials backed by no actual evidence except those denials.

The problem was the location of the case.

Massachusetts.

The SFFA case came to  Judge Allison Burroughs, an Obama appointee, who with the regular predictability of a metronome ruled against the Asian students discriminated against by Harvard's diversity quotas. The Obama judge's ruling reads like a parody filled with peans to diversity and the importance of students from difference races living and studying together, in defense of Harvard's discrimination against Asian students. Diversity requires discriminating against minority students. Isn't diversity awesome?

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2019/10/obama-judge-racial-diversity-demands-daniel-greenfield/

Offline skeeter

Re: Obama Judge: Racial Diversity Demands Discriminating Against Asians
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 02:48:29 pm »
I chuckle every time I meet any fellow citizen of asian heritage who's bought into the whole racial grievance schtick. They ought to hate it as much as I do.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 03:13:55 pm »
I love all these liberal judges and assorted ilk who claim there's no such thing as race but who are constantly demanding discriminating laws based on race.
These are the same people who shriek that there's no such thing as IQ, but who then as defense attorneys attempt to get their murdering charges off because of their low IQs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 03:34:18 pm »
Asia is the only place *I* have ever been where Asians WEREN'T a minority.

Yeah,it is true they are not a minority of dumbasses,but that has everything to do with their culture and willingness to work hard and NOTHING to do with their skin tone.

Which is probably why the minorities in 'murika want them "tooken offa da listesess,causen dey be mak-in eberybodie else look bad."

The good news for westerners is that even though Asians all tend to be hard-working as well as naturally intelligent (ambitious populations tend to try marry other bright and hardworking people so their children will be born to be hardworking,intelligent adults),but unfortunately for them,and fortunately for us,Asian culture leans STRONGLY towards "Group thought/don't rock the boat". They can and do take the ideas of others and improve them,but they ain't much on innovation due to the Group Think aspect of their culture.

BTW,I actually like the Japanese and the other Asians I have met,but I despise the freaking Chinese,one and all.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 04:12:10 pm »
The flaw in the notion that college students ultimately benefit from being part of a "diverse" student body is that race and ethnicity are very poor measures of "diversity".   Indeed,  colleges are becoming less diverse as just about everyone expresses the same predictable viewpoint,  and those few who don't are shouted down or shamed. 

I can understand the benefits of diversity with respect to individual economic circumstance, or individual viewpoint.  But it is fatuous to contend that Harvard's class is more diverse because wealthy white liberals study next to wealthy black liberals who study next to wealthy Hispanic liberals who study next to wealthy Asian liberals.   
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:13:24 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 04:15:32 pm »
The flaw in the notion that college students ultimately benefit from being part of a "diverse" student body is that race and ethnicity are very poor measures of "diversity".   Indeed,  colleges are becoming less diverse as just about everyone expresses the same predictable viewpoint,  and those few who don't are shouted down or shamed. 

I can understand the benefits of diversity with respect to individual economic circumstance, or individual viewpoint.  But it is fatuous to contend that Harvard's class is more diverse because wealthy white liberals study next to wealthy black liberals who study next to wealthy Hispanic liberals who study next to wealthy Asian liberals.   
I can not understand any benefit from diversity as there are none.

A people who share common heritage, language, cultures are more efficient and prosperous.  2 countries during WW2 almost proved that to us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 04:25:14 pm »

A people who share common heritage, language, cultures are more efficient and prosperous.  2 countries during WW2 almost proved that to us.

I have no objection to ethnic diversity, per se, not in the context of America.   The strength of this nation is our common belief in the Constitution's protection of our natural rights and the opportunity provided to all to rise on the basis of hard work and responsibility.    That common belief is shared by blacks, whites, Asians and Hispanics - and may in some ways be most appreciated and felt by immigrants.   

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 04:44:58 pm »
I have no objection to ethnic diversity, per se, not in the context of America.   The strength of this nation is our common belief in the Constitution's protection of our natural rights and the opportunity provided to all to rise on the basis of hard work and responsibility.    That common belief is shared by blacks, whites, Asians and Hispanics - and may in some ways be most appreciated and felt by immigrants.
The idea that diversity is always better than non-diversity is hooey best exemplified by many major sports teams.
The NBA is 80% black. The NFL is 67% black.
With Jeremy Lin going to China to play, there are no longer any Americans of east Asian descent in the NBA.  I'm not aware of any Americans of Hispanic descent in the NBA.
Where is the diversity? The NBA is 80% black for a simple reason....they are the best players. Any team trying to diversify the players  by going by their percent of the population would doom themselves to last place. Even a team with all the best white players in the country on their team would finish poorly. And regarding that, many of the best white players in the NBA are  foreigners.
Now many liberals are demanding the NBA hire female referees, coaches, and people in management.
As a huge NBA fan there is absolutely no basis in fact to prove that adding females to those positions for diversity's sake would help anything.  The NBA going on being a 100% male-dominated league would not harm anything. Life and business would go on as usual.
The truth is diversity to liberals means quotas. Quotas were given a bad name some decades ago.
So liberals simply changed to another word, diversity,  that meant the same thing.
Once again liberals cannot fail to exhibit themselves as the tremendous hypocrites they are.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 05:48:49 pm »
Hopefully this ruling is appealed and finds a court that applies the law rather than some sort of social justice theory. This judge needs a good HARD professional smack-down.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 05:51:00 pm »
Hopefully this ruling is appealed and finds a court that applies the law rather than some sort of social justice theory. This judge needs a good HARD professional smack-down.

Impeachment and removal from office would be nice!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 07:12:27 pm »
Impeachment and removal from office would be nice!

@Bigun 

NOT going to happen. Congresscritter Alcee Hastings  is a perfect example of how the Race Game is played. He was a federal judge in Florida that was caught selling sentencing and even convictions in a sting,and the only thing that happened was he lost his right to vote temporarily. He later ran for Congress,and is now the ranking member of a committee connected to international banking.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 07:56:53 pm »
@Bigun 

NOT going to happen. Congresscritter Alcee Hastings  is a perfect example of how the Race Game is played. He was a federal judge in Florida that was caught selling sentencing and even convictions in a sting,and the only thing that happened was he lost his right to vote temporarily. He later ran for Congress,and is now the ranking member of a committee connected to international banking.

That is not true @sneakypete.  Alcee Hastings has the honor of being one of the very few federal judges ever impeached and removed from office. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings#cite_note-Senate_Removes_Hastings-1

And given what the Constitution says on the subject:

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

ARTICLE I, SECTION 3, CLAUSE 7 (Emphasis added by me)

Why the SOB is serving in the House is a complete mystery to me!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 09:47:19 pm »
That is not true @sneakypete.  Alcee Hastings has the honor of being one of the very few federal judges ever impeached and removed from office. 
https://en.wikip

@Bigun

OOOOOH! The HORRORS! Did they smack his knuckles with a ruler,too?

Being caught,charged,and found guilty of multiple felonies and then nothing more happening than losing your job is a freaking trainload of "nothing".

Because he isn't considered to be a felon,he was eligible to run for Congress. I forget the exact details at the moment,but I THINK he was allowed to walk in exchange for resigning. IIRC,he lost his pension,but didn't even have to pay a fine.

Since he was a locally famous black that had "beat de man" he was a shoe-in to win in the black district he ran in,and has been winning re-election there ever since. I think it can fairly be said that he IS a representative of the people he represents.

This man,who sold his career and violated his oath office so he could have stuff like gold-plated sink handles in his office now sits as the senior member of a committee with full access to military and civilian military planning and operations that is worth millions to Islam as well as Russia.

Good thing he is someone we can trust,huh?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 10:04:44 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings#cite_note-Senate_Removes_Hastings-1

And given what the Constitution says on the subject:

ARTICLE I, SECTION 3, CLAUSE 7 (Emphasis added by me)

While I agree he shouldn't be in office, I think the key phrase from the Constitution is,  shall not extend further than.  IMO, it doesn't say that disqualification is mandatory, but that disqualification is within the realm of allowable punishment.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 10:07:37 pm »
While I agree he shouldn't be in office, I think the key phrase from the Constitution is,  shall not extend further than.  IMO, it doesn't say that disqualification is mandatory, but that disqualification is within the realm of allowable punishment.
So what, in your opinion,  does the word and in the language of the Constitution that I emphasized above mean?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 10:16:58 pm »
So what, in your opinion,  does the word and in the language of the Constitution that I emphasized above mean?

That disqualification from holding public office is an allowable, but not mandatory, part of the sentencing process upon conviction.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 10:46:07 pm »
That disqualification from holding public office is an allowable, but not mandatory, part of the sentencing process upon conviction.

We obviously disagree.  The word and has a very specific meaning.

used to connect words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentences, that are to be taken jointly.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:48:42 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 12:01:57 am »
I would think this decision stands a very good chance of reversal on appeal.
It should probably go all the way to the Supreme Court.

Funny thing, though.
Asians vote around 75% for the democrat-communists, who then "reward" them with decisions such as this.

In that way, they are much like American Jews, in that they refuse to see reality in front of them.

Offline verga

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 12:44:59 pm »

Limited disagreement here. I teach an introduction to engineering class. I used to try and pair the students up by similar outlook and would end up with projects that were the product of groupthink. One year I decided to let them match up with the proviso that there must be at least one person with a different view point than their own. I put in the stipulation that all decisions had to be unanimous, or the status quo remained. There was a lot of bickering and in fighting, but the quality of the projects went up. They became teams of rivals.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 12:53:31 pm »
Limited disagreement here. I teach an introduction to engineering class. I used to try and pair the students up by similar outlook and would end up with projects that were the product of groupthink. 

@verga

You just explained Chinese and Soviet engineering.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 01:33:03 pm »
Limited disagreement here. I teach an introduction to engineering class. I used to try and pair the students up by similar outlook and would end up with projects that were the product of groupthink. One year I decided to let them match up with the proviso that there must be at least one person with a different view point than their own. I put in the stipulation that all decisions had to be unanimous, or the status quo remained. There was a lot of bickering and in fighting, but the quality of the projects went up. They became teams of rivals.

I can see the value of viewpoint diversity.  But the left's vision of diversity isn't about individuality, it's about whether you're a member of a favored or disfavored group.   

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2019, 03:31:30 pm »
I would think this decision stands a very good chance of reversal on appeal.
It should probably go all the way to the Supreme Court.

Funny thing, though.
Asians vote around 75% for the democrat-communists, who then "reward" them with decisions such as this.

In that way, they are much like American Jews, in that they refuse to see reality in front of them.
I think, like the Jews, east Asians chose the Dems early on as the party that accepted them and didn't view them with disfavor.
For people wondering why Jews have been loyal Dems for over one hundred years, it wasn't the Dems who kept them out of elite colleges or discriminated against them in other areas.  It was the elite, snob east coast Republican establishment that did that.
Henry Ford's anti-Semitic attitudes didn't much help either as Ford was a prominent Republican and actually considered a run for the presidency under the Republican banner.
So most Jews associated Republicans with anti-Semites who kept them down.
The Republican Party has been fighting that negative attitude ever since. Even Barry Goldwater being half Jewish didn't help matters much in winning over Jewish voters in 1964. And non-racist/non-bigoted Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill didn't help win over Jews who went for bigoted-racist LBJ in large numbers.
East Asians probably look at it the same way. Republicans were the ones in the late 1800s and early 1900s who discriminated against them.  The anti-immigration bill of the 1920s was directed at east Asians. The act was sponsored by two Republican congressmen, congressman Albert Johnson and Senator David Reed.
It takes a long time for some people to get over past injustices. In short, some people can hold grudges for ages  forgetting that parties can change over times, and continuing voting for a party like the Dems that  has turned far left in the last half century hurts asian Americans who have done very well under capitalism.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:38:13 pm by goatprairie »

Offline berdie

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 04:22:15 pm »
I think, like the Jews, east Asians chose the Dems early on as the party that accepted them and didn't view them with disfavor.
For people wondering why Jews have been loyal Dems for over one hundred years, it wasn't the Dems who kept them out of elite colleges or discriminated against them in other areas.  It was the elite, snob east coast Republican establishment that did that.
Henry Ford's anti-Semitic attitudes didn't much help either as Ford was a prominent Republican and actually considered a run for the presidency under the Republican banner.
So most Jews associated Republicans with anti-Semites who kept them down.
The Republican Party has been fighting that negative attitude ever since. Even Barry Goldwater being half Jewish didn't help matters much in winning over Jewish voters in 1964. And non-racist/non-bigoted Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill didn't help win over Jews who went for bigoted-racist LBJ in large numbers.
East Asians probably look at it the same way. Republicans were the ones in the late 1800s and early 1900s who discriminated against them.  The anti-immigration bill of the 1920s was directed at east Asians. The act was sponsored by two Republican congressmen, congressman Albert Johnson and Senator David Reed.
It takes a long time for some people to get over past injustices. In short, some people can hold grudges for ages  forgetting that parties can change over times, and continuing voting for a party like the Dems that  has turned far left in the last half century hurts asian Americans who have done very well under capitalism.

That's very informative and answers questions I've always had in my mind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 06:46:22 pm »

@goatprairie

Even Barry Goldwater being half Jewish didn't help matters much in winning over Jewish voters in 1964.

You have to admit that Barry was running under a novel concept known as "telling the truth". That is a political act that is almost ALWAYS punished.

And non-racist/non-bigoted Goldwater's opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill didn't help win over Jews who went for bigoted-racist LBJ in large numbers.

Barry was NOT responsible for the mind-numbing stoopidity exhibited by the Jewish voters in that election. I'm sorry,but there just ain't no such thing as a valid excuse for some things.

It takes a long time for some people to get over past injustices.

That was NOT an injustice. They were NOT American citizens,and America is a sovereign nation with the right to say who will won't and who she will allow to enter this country.  Their option was to stay home and change their own damn country into a place they wanted to live in.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 06:54:34 pm »

You have to admit that Barry was running under a novel concept known as "telling the truth". That is a political act that is almost ALWAYS punished.

Barry was NOT responsible for the mind-numbing stoopidity exhibited by the Jewish voters in that election. I'm sorry,but there just ain't no such thing as a valid excuse for some things.

That was NOT an injustice. They were NOT American citizens,and America is a sovereign nation with the right to say who will won't and who she will allow to enter this country.  Their option was to stay home and change their own damn country into a place they wanted to live in.
"Their option was to stay home and change their own damn country into a place they wanted to live in."

So, would you say that to all the people from Europe who left for a better life in America?