Author Topic: Obama Judge: Racial Diversity Demands Discriminating Against Asians  (Read 1761 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Obama Judge: Racial Diversity Demands Discriminating Against Asians
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 07:29:56 pm »
"Their option was to stay home and change their own damn country into a place they wanted to live in."

So, would you say that to all the people from Europe who left for a better life in America?

@goatprairie

You bet your bippy! You want to REALLY see me go off,watch what happens when I catch a foreigner that lives here now bitching about America and talking about how it was so much better in "the old country".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 07:35:19 pm »
@goatprairie

You bet your bippy! You want to REALLY see me go off,watch what happens when I catch a foreigner that lives here now bitching about America and talking about how it was so much better in "the old country".
What does that have to do with people wanting to come to America for a better life and who aren't bitching about America?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 07:56:08 pm »

That's very informative and answers questions I've always had in my mind.

Indeed!  Thanks @goatprairie !
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 08:24:49 pm »
Indeed!  Thanks @goatprairie !
You are welcome. There are undoubtedly other factors, but attitudes learned early in life can hang on for decades and transmitted through generations.
I still have a number of non-Jewish, non Asian white, male friends who are strong Democrats. I'd like to ask them why they belong to a party that despises them and wishes them gone.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 08:37:34 pm »
What does that have to do with people wanting to come to America for a better life and who aren't bitching about America?

My paternal grandparents came to the US a bit over a hundred years ago. They were what are sometimes called "Volga Germans". After the failed 1905-1906 revolution they saw what was coming and got out. Had they not they might have been purged (using the term broadly) for being land-owning farmers, for being that in the Ukraine, or for being German (despite being second generation Russians). They would not have lived to see 1945.

They came here, settled, were farmers, and were naturalized citizens. Four of their five children were born here, and the one of their sons who were not 4-F served in the US Army in WW2, against the Germans. They were investigated by the Feds as "suspicious" during WW1 (common for people of German heritage in that era), and in the 50s their daughter who was naturalized when they were had her right to vote questioned because she was born in Russia. They and their family were not treated as badly as Japanese or Chinese immigrants and their families, but not entirely well, either.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2019, 08:46:06 pm »
My paternal grandparents came to the US a bit over a hundred years ago. They were what are sometimes called "Volga Germans". After the failed 1905-1906 revolution they saw what was coming and got out. Had they not they might have been purged (using the term broadly) for being land-owning farmers, for being that in the Ukraine, or for being German (despite being second generation Russians). They would not have lived to see 1945.

They came here, settled, were farmers, and were naturalized citizens. Four of their five children were born here, and the one of their sons who were not 4-F served in the US Army in WW2, against the Germans. They were investigated by the Feds as "suspicious" during WW1 (common for people of German heritage in that era), and in the 50s their daughter who was naturalized when they were had her right to vote questioned because she was born in Russia. They and their family were not treated as badly as Japanese or Chinese immigrants and their families, but not entirely well, either.
I remember reading somewhere (probably Solzhenitsyn) about the Russian Germans. According to Solzhenitysyn, most of them were transported during WWII by Stalin to somewhere in eastern Siberia.  Supposedly, they managed to make things work due to dint of hard work and intelligence under the most difficult of circumstances. Solzhenitsyn had high praise for them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 10:01:46 pm »
goat wrote:
"So, would you say that to all the people from Europe who left for a better life in America?"

That was another time and during a period of national growth when we NEEDED immigrants. And you specifically mentioned that those who did come and were let in were from "Europe". In other words, Europeans coming to a nation originally settled and founded by Euros.

Yet even the European immigration was halted when the attitude here was "we've had enough for now".

More comments:
Goldwater was 100% right to oppose the Civil Rights Act. In hindsight, one of the worst pieces of legislation ever to be enacted. It's probably largely responsible for the "devolution" of blacks away from mainstream American culture and the "regression towards Africa" that many of them seem to be taking.

And Republicans were right to want to strictly limit immigration from Asia. Look at a city like Vancouver today, to see the results.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 11:21:28 pm »

@goatprairie

Gee,I dunno. Maybe it's because there are thousands of them here now protesting how America doesn't give them enough and won't let their relatives in.

Many of them (MOST of them?) will also be voting Dim in the Presidential election so they can get more "Free stuff".

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2019, 12:01:37 am »
I remember reading somewhere (probably Solzhenitsyn) about the Russian Germans. According to Solzhenitysyn, most of them were transported during WWII by Stalin to somewhere in eastern Siberia.  Supposedly, they managed to make things work due to dint of hard work and intelligence under the most difficult of circumstances. Solzhenitsyn had high praise for them.

My Grandmother's brothers were in the Russian army before and during WW1. So it is possible I have relatives in Kazakhstan, Siberia, or Ukraine.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2019, 12:53:19 pm »
goat wrote:
"So, would you say that to all the people from Europe who left for a better life in America?"

That was another time and during a period of national growth when we NEEDED immigrants. And you specifically mentioned that those who did come and were let in were from "Europe". In other words, Europeans coming to a nation originally settled and founded by Euros.

Yet even the European immigration was halted when the attitude here was "we've had enough for now".

More comments:
Goldwater was 100% right to oppose the Civil Rights Act. In hindsight, one of the worst pieces of legislation ever to be enacted. It's probably largely responsible for the "devolution" of blacks away from mainstream American culture and the "regression towards Africa" that many of them seem to be taking.

And Republicans were right to want to strictly limit immigration from Asia. Look at a city like Vancouver today, to see the results.
I'm not arguing for no restrictions on immigration. I was simply replying to Sneaky Pete's contention that people should stay where they are and fix their own countries.
I would bet close to 100% of the people who left Europe (like my ancestors) knew they couldn't fix the system and left for a country where they knew the opportunity for a better life for themselves and their children was far greater than if they stayed where they were.
So I don't begrudge anybody wanting to emigrate to the U.S. for a better life.
Again, that doesn't mean we should let them in. We should choose only those immigrants we believe will help the country. We are under no obligation to let in people simply because they want to come here.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2019, 12:56:36 pm »
@goatprairie

Gee,I dunno. Maybe it's because there are thousands of them here now protesting how America doesn't give them enough and won't let their relatives in.

Many of them (MOST of them?) will also be voting Dim in the Presidential election so they can get more "Free stuff".
Where did I say I was for letting in those types of people? I particulaly would take great pains to keep those sorts of people out.
But the topic wasn't about immigration. The topic is why Asians and Jews tend to vote for Democrats.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2019, 01:02:45 pm »
My Grandmother's brothers were in the Russian army before and during WW1. So it is possible I have relatives in Kazakhstan, Siberia, or Ukraine.
A number of major Russian generals during WWI had German surnames. I believe Rennenkampf was one such name.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2019, 01:19:48 pm »
I'm not arguing for no restrictions on immigration. I was simply replying to Sneaky Pete's contention that people should stay where they are and fix their own countries.

@goatprairie

In case you ain't noticed,times have changed. Back in the 1800's it took a revolution to change your country. MUCH easier and more practical to just change countries.

These days there are very few Kings or Dictators in charge of nations,we all have better communications,and maybe most importantly,we are all conscious of how other people live in other countries,and there are plenty of nation where people live free and elect their leaders. It is possible to "fix" your nation now without having to resort to armed revolution  in most places.

AND......,if that is not possible in your home nation,tough titty. We don't owe you a damn thing,and if you are not willing to do the work necessary to make your home nation a better place,you are not going to be willing to do the work to make America a better place,and we don't need you. We already have a full compliment of home-grown parasites,and don't need any more.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2019, 04:06:48 pm »
@goatprairie

In case you ain't noticed,times have changed. Back in the 1800's it took a revolution to change your country. MUCH easier and more practical to just change countries.

These days there are very few Kings or Dictators in charge of nations,we all have better communications,and maybe most importantly,we are all conscious of how other people live in other countries,and there are plenty of nation where people live free and elect their leaders. It is possible to "fix" your nation now without having to resort to armed revolution  in most places.

AND......,if that is not possible in your home nation,tough titty. We don't owe you a damn thing,and if you are not willing to do the work necessary to make your home nation a better place,you are not going to be willing to do the work to make America a better place,and we don't need you. We already have a full compliment of home-grown parasites,and don't need any more.
Again, your response has nothing to do with the topic. But if it makes you feel better to rant, don't let me stop you.