Author Topic: What Conservatives Must Understand About Black Americans  (Read 618 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: What Conservatives Must Understand About Black Americans
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 04:28:48 pm »
The article,to me, seems to be a plea. A plea to conservatives to reach out to Black Americans with open arms and hearts.

Or with jobs and economic opportunity.   Don't be surprised if Trump wins a decent share of the black vote.  Remember, it's a secret ballot.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 08:37:58 pm »
The answer is very simple: Conservatives have shown no demonstrable indication to the black community that we are welcomed by the party or the conservative movement.

What drivel is this?

A total fabrication.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2019, 09:19:22 pm »
I get it, to a point, but at the same time it's time for the heretofore Democrat voting black community to get their heads out of the past, move away from slavery and Jim Crow, and update to the present.

We are a literal melting pot of people from nearly every nation on earth, and who knows how many ethnicities.  When blacks constantly keep the whole black/white tension alive, it looks silly.

In fact, it looks like blacks are trying to desperately to keep some sort of top dog minority status, even more silly because they aren't the largest minority anymore.

That and, if you want to cultivate the image of ghetto druggin', thuggin', lootin', shootin', pimpin' and welfare queens, guess what? Society is probably going to keep you at the margins.

The American black community needs to fix itself first before they have any realistic chance of truly assimilating into American society. I guess I don't see that happening anytime soon.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 09:27:12 pm »
Read some of the responses to the article contained in the link.

Nothing we can say on this thread can improve on them.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington