Author Topic: What Conservatives Must Understand About Black Americans  (Read 621 times)

Offline OfTheCross

What Conservatives Must Understand About Black Americans
« on: October 02, 2019, 12:24:12 am »
Over the years, many prominent conservatives have asked me why blacks are not more involved in the Republican Party and the conservative movement.

The answer is very simple: Conservatives have shown no demonstrable indication to the black community that we are welcomed by the party or the conservative movement.

As a matter of fact, conservatives force “real” blacks to make a false choice: to be black or conservative, as though we can’t be both.

<Snip>  Remember to excerpt articles.

dailysignal

If the GOP nominates a person of color this country would totally change. Most immigrants and Black people are  conservatives and very religious from my experiences..
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 01:04:47 am by Sanguine »
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online roamer_1

Re: What Conservatives Must Understand About Black Americans
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 12:27:27 am »
Yeah, bullcrap.

@FeelNoPain

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 12:29:46 am »
And btw, my heart races when a squad car pulls up behind me too... Likely for the very same reason.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 12:46:31 am »
If the GOP nominates a person of color this country would totally change.

Nah, the rats would declare the black republican candidate un-authentic and accuse him of molesting white women.

Republicans would stand there with a finger in their nose.

In other words, nothing would change.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 01:06:22 am »
If the GOP nominates a person of color this country would totally change. Most immigrants and Black people are  conservatives and very religious from my experiences..

Tell us again about your experience with most immigrants and blacks you know that helped you form your opinion on this.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 01:18:50 am »
Actually, the #blexit and #walkaway movements are working quite well --- and they were spontaneous.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 01:30:38 am »
    This is Racebait, Real Conservatives have never had a problem with Black People joining us in preserving this Nation, others try and exploit them, not us.

Dream Ticket 2020
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 01:31:54 am »
    This is Racebait, Real Conservatives have never had a problem with Black People joining us in preserving this Nation, others try and exploit them, not us.

Dream Ticket 2020

What in the op-ed is race-baiting? it's a Black Conservative giving his POV
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 01:47:06 am »
    OK, @OfTheCross I actually read about 80% of the article and could not go any further, my brain hurt.  Being more Hispanic than White, I still can't/won't speak to the Conservative Blackman's experience in America today and I have a couple of Black Friends, they are both Liberal, one even voted for hellary.  I know in my heart that he respects me as much as I do him.
    The Author of this Article seems, to me, to have an agenda~hence my snark about Racebait.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 01:47:12 am »

Dream Ticket 2020
make it 2024 and I’ll :hands:

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 01:50:01 am »
    OK, @OfTheCross I actually read about 80% of the article and could not go any further, my brain hurt.  Being more Hispanic than White, I still can't/won't speak to the Conservative Blackman's experience in America today and I have a couple of Black Friends, they are both Liberal, one even voted for hellary.  I know in my heart that he respects me as much as I do him.
    The Author of this Article seems, to me, to have an agenda~hence my snark about Racebait.

The article,to me, seems to be a plea. A plea to conservatives to reach out to Black Americans with open arms and hearts.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 01:57:21 am »
The article,to me, seems to be a plea. A plea to conservatives to reach out to Black Americans with open arms and hearts.

We do have 'Open Arms and Hearts' to all, Chinese included.  Understand the philosophy of Conservatism and join us in this important battle.  It is against our Principles to compromise or pander to you regardless of Race, Color or Creed. 
   This isn't the 60's anymore, Dorothy.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 02:21:06 am »
   We do have 'Open Arms and Hearts' to all, Chinese included.  Understand the philosophy of Conservatism and join us in this important battle.  It is against our Principles to compromise or pander to you regardless of Race, Color or Creed. 
   This isn't the 60's anymore, Dorothy.

Were the conservatives pro the Civil Rights Act and movement of the 60s?

If not, that may be something that needs to be acknowledged with POC as a part of welcoming them with open arms and hearts.

If so, that may be something that needs to be highlighted with POC as a part of welcoming them with open arms and hearts.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 02:33:18 am »
Were the conservatives pro the Civil Rights Act and movement of the 60s?

If not, that may be something that needs to be acknowledged with POC as a part of welcoming them with open arms and hearts.

If so, that may be something that needs to be highlighted with POC as a part of welcoming them with open arms and hearts.

WHY?

That they are black should not matter one way or the other.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 02:39:54 am »
   You can't blame the racial turbulence of the 50s~70's on the Conservative movement no more than you can blame the founding fathers for the 3/5 solution in order to get their notion off the ground.
   I am old enough to remember that off shots of any political movement can cause people to paint with a broad brush in characterizing the whole. 
   I grew up in a Racist, democrat, union, household, 50's Louisiana, still remember slapping LBJ stickers over Rockefeller bumpers on the Cadillac's in my neighborhood and got in my fair share of fights, back then. 
  Times have changed, we've all matured, for the most part.   

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 03:08:57 am »
If the GOP nominates a person of color this country would totally change.

Orange is a color.

Most immigrants and Black people are  conservatives and very religious from my experiences..

Your stereotypical characterization of black people is duly noted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 03:24:20 am »

@OfTheCross

I disagree. If blacks and other minorities want to be mainstream Americans,it is up to THEM to reach out to us. We even have conservative homosexuals that call themselves "Log Cabin Republicans" who have been doing this for years,and if THEY can stand up to and ignore some of the knee-jerk nonsense they have to deal with,it should be a cinch for blacks,browns,and yellow heterosexuals.

You tell US you share our traditional viewpoint of the people being the masters of the government,and we will welcome you with open arms,even if we don't agree with every individual stand you take anymore than you will agree with every individual stand we take.

I PERSONALLY believe conservatives shoot themselves in the foot by being too dogmatic about religious issues,but I absolutely do not speak for everyone. Nor do I wish to.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 03:26:38 am »
   We do have 'Open Arms and Hearts' to all, Chinese included.   

@corbe

Not me. I hate the freaking Chinese with a passion.

I have no hatred for Americans of Asian descent as long as they WANT to be Americans and live free like Americans,though.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 03:26:48 am »
What conservatives must understand about Black Americans?????
What is far more important is what Black Americans must understand about Principled Conservatism!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 03:27:58 am »
WHY?

That they are black should not matter one way or the other.

@roamer_1

I couldn't agree more. That crap only matters to Dims and other racists.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 03:31:50 am »

@OfTheCross

I disagree. If blacks and other minorities want to be mainstream Americans,it is up to THEM to reach out to us. We even have conservative homosexuals that call themselves "Log Cabin Republicans" who have been doing this for years,and if THEY can stand up to and ignore some of the knee-jerk nonsense they have to deal with,it should be a cinch for blacks,browns,and yellow heterosexuals.

You tell US you share our traditional viewpoint of the people being the masters of the government,and we will welcome you with open arms,even if we don't agree with every individual stand you take anymore than you will agree with every individual stand we take.

I PERSONALLY believe conservatives shoot themselves in the foot by being too dogmatic about religious issues,but I absolutely do not speak for everyone. Nor do I wish to.

Whoa there @sneakypete Blacks and Chinese are Ok, no one said nothing about homos, we got to draw the line somewhere   :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 03:34:04 am »

@corbe

You can't blame the racial turbulence of the 50s~70's on the Conservative movement

I agree.

You CAN righteously blame it on the USSR and their agents in the Dim Party,though. They were behind it 100 percent,and it was their money and their agents that are responsible for all the cities set on fire and all the people murdered.

100 PERCENT! Truest words you will ever hear. You need to understand the USSR started this ball rolling by setting up Communist cells in colleges and high schools all over the country in the 30's.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 04:01:28 am »
@roamer_1

I couldn't agree more. That crap only matters to Dims and other racists.

That's right. Black folks can stand on their own two damn legs, just like anybody else. They might need a hand up from time to time, but they sure as hell don't need a hand-out. What's racist is to think they do.

And I think they know exactly what I mean.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2019, 04:20:33 am »
You know, this conversation brings to mind one of the most excoriated songs I know...

Skynyrd, with a rebel flag always as the backdrop to the stage, singing Sweet Home Alabama.
It is often cited as a racist theme, because anywhere it goes in the South (and the Redneck Nation), it is SURE to bring massive crowds to their feet. There ain't a redneck boy on the planet that doesn't know every word of that song. It probably serves right along Dixie as the Confederate States anthem.

Racist as hell to Yankees that don't know any better.
But it is exactly anti-racist. And the South, and Alabamans particularly, know the truth. Which is why it serves as an anthem.
Let's see if y'all can pick up what I am layin down.

Conservatism is treated much the same - To liberals, THAT we are against their enslavement of black folks in welfare, THAT we judge all men by their merit, eschewing broad entitlements, makes us racist in their eyes.

Like with Sweet Home Alabama, the ignorant and uninformed  come to precisely the wrong conclusion.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:29:00 am by roamer_1 »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 04:12:12 pm »
What I would bet many Americans, including many black Americans, don't know is that for many decades after the Civil War, The Republican Party was considered the party for black people. The Democratic Party was the party that heavily discriminated against them. Virtually all the major segregationist race-baiters of the 20th century were Dems. Even after the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Bill, among the major segs only Strom Thurmond joined The Republican Party.
And debunking The Southern Strategy as propagated by people like Kevin Phillips in the late sixties,  many white southerners were turning to the Republican Party during the Eisenhower admin as the party that best represented their values. The further leftward tilt of the Dems in the seventies convinced many more white southerners that the Republican Party was their party.
The false notion of the Southern Strategy that by sending dog whistles about law and order to white southerners Nixon won their vote is a lot of hooey. White southerners were not going to continue to vote for a Dem Party that was embracing many of the leftist, anti-American/anti-family/anti-Christianity values they supported.
Black Americans started turning to the Dem Party in the thirties under FDR. I think Herbert Hoover in 1928 might have been the last Republican president to get a majority of the black vote and that by a slim margin.
FDR got about 71% of the black vote in 1932 despite the fact that they, blacks,  were heavily discriminated against by Dem pols in the Deep South.
Eisenhower got close to 40% of the black vote in 1956 and Nixon got 32% in 1960.
But Goldwater's refusal to approve of the 1964 Civil Rights Bill cost Republicans greatly as he only got about 6% of the black vote. 
If Republicans could still get 30% or better of the black vote, they wouldn't lose any presidential elections.
But why should Republicans extend a special hand to blacks? The Republican Party wasn't the party that heavily discriminated against them...that was the Dem Party.
The simple truth is because Republicans  are supposedly the party that is against giving certain ethnicities special advantages, they will always get a low percent of the vote of those people.
Only by being Dems lite will the Republicans gain more black votes. In other words they should pander to get the black vote.
If they do that, there's no reason to vote for them. The Republicans should stand firm and tell blacks to stand on their own two feet.