Author Topic: How Did NBC News Amplify Adam Schiff’s Misinformation?  (Read 245 times)

rangerrebew

How Did NBC News Amplify Adam Schiff’s Misinformation?
DCwire
By Daily Caller

Peter Hasson on September 30, 2019

NBC News left key context out of a YouTube video sharing House Intelligence Committee Adam Schiff’s opening remarks at a mid-September committee hearing on the whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump.

Schiff fabricated Trump’s words in his statement, in a performance he later said was “meant to be at least part in parody” of Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

But NBC News provided YouTube viewers with no indication that Schiff’s remarks were inauthentic.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/how-did-nbc-news-amplify-adam-schiffs-misinformation/?utm_source=conservativedirect&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tpi&utm_content=newsletter&utm_term=30d
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 01:55:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: How Did NBC News Amplify Adam Schiff’s Misinformation?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 02:01:44 pm »
All the news that's fit to lie about.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 03:25:04 pm »
All the news that's fit to lie about.
They do more damage by just omitting half the story. They didn't lie about Schiff. They simply (deliberately) failed to tell the viewing audience that Schiff was making it all up.
The half story is many times worse than an outright lie.
Let's make no bones about it...undoubtedly, 95% of the people at NBC News hate Trump and regard Schiff as a truth-telling hero who deserves to be on a large stage....like the one NBC News provides for cranks like him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 03:29:56 pm »
They do more damage by just omitting half the story. They didn't lie about Schiff. They simply (deliberately) failed to tell the viewing audience that Schiff was making it all up.
The half story is many times worse than an outright lie.
Let's make no bones about it...undoubtedly, 95% of the people at NBC News hate Trump and regard Schiff as a truth-telling hero who deserves to be on a large stage....like the one NBC News provides for cranks like him.

And, that's a lie.  Or, several.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 04:31:23 pm »
And, that's a lie.  Or, several.
A lie is deliberately tell a mistruth. 
If you run crying to ma or pa and say that I hit you, you might have told the truth.
But if you left out that you struck me first and I was simply retaliating, you told a half truth.
You weren't lying....you were crying because I struck you. But you told a half truth and left out your guilt in the matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 04:49:02 pm »
A lie is deliberately tell a mistruth. 
If you run crying to ma or pa and say that I hit you, you might have told the truth.
But if you left out that you struck me first and I was simply retaliating, you told a half truth.
You weren't lying....you were crying because I struck you. But you told a half truth and left out your guilt in the matter.

It's a lie of omission. NBC deliberately presented a false image.  It's a lie.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 05:55:47 pm »
It's a lie of omission. NBC deliberately presented a false image.  It's a lie.
It's a half truth.  A half truth is half truth, half lie.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 06:15:24 pm »
I wonder how many of the 12 geriatric people who still care about anything NBC News reports, felt when they found out they were lied to?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.