Author Topic: Two Commanders Allied to Libya's Haftar Killed in Strike Near Tripoli  (Read 147 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Two Commanders Allied to Libya's Haftar Killed in Strike Near Tripoli

By Reuters
    Sept. 14, 2019, 9:36 a.m. ET

TRIPOLI — Two commanders of the eastern Libyan forces trying to take the capital Tripoli from the internationally-recognised government were killed late on Friday in a drone strike, officials said.

The strike is a blow to Khalifa Haftar's eastern-based Libya National Army (LNA), which in April launched a campaign to take Tripoli. So far that offensive has not breached the city's southern defences.

The drone strike took place in the town of Tarhouna, southeast of Tripoli. The town has been the main base of the LNA since it lost Gharyan town south of Tripoli.

Read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2019/09/14/world/europe/14reuters-libya-security.html

I don't have a good impression of this General Haftar, I wish I did because he became an American citizen.  Egypt and UAE seem to support him and besides that, he has been welcomed to become a part of the ruling government but has outright refused. Crazy war.

I don't see what is wrong with the UN-recognized regime, they are not perfect but they represent a coalition, they don't seem to bad. The GNA, Government of National Accord.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 07:14:18 pm by TomSea »